First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 27, 2010
If you're from the North and hate our Southern Culture so much then please do us all a favor and go back home.

I hear Detroit has some really cheap real estate! Better grab it up!
skoal bandit

Albemarle, NC

#2 Nov 27, 2010
Amen

Since: Jul 10

Columbia, TN

#3 Nov 27, 2010
misterbiscuitz wrote:
If you're from the North and hate our Southern Culture so much then please do us all a favor and go back home.
I hear Detroit has some really cheap real estate! Better grab it up!
What exactly is "Southern Culture"? I am from the north and most everything is pretty much the same north and south. Little warmer down here.

Since: Jul 10

Columbia, TN

#4 Nov 27, 2010
Barbecue is a hell of a lot better down here.
lap

Nashville, TN

#5 Nov 30, 2010
It's not the "Southern Culture" we hate it's the "Southern Stupidity" and with the statement you just made proves my point.
good folks in the flock

Columbia, TN

#6 Nov 30, 2010
Once again, our community has shown its geographic ignorance. Detroit area is in the mid-west with many of the same characteristics as our little community(yes,including ignorance). detroit is known for its UAW, likewise Lewisburg was for years a union town(ICP-Heil Quaker) with the same horror stories. Hundreds of union jobs were lost here just like UAW jobs in the midwest.
Even our unemployment rates are similar. Why do people with so much in common ,choose to be "red neck".
Boss man

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Nov 30, 2010
misterbiscuitz wrote:
If you're from the North and hate our Southern Culture so much then please do us all a favor and go back home.
I hear Detroit has some really cheap real estate! Better grab it up!
You are about stupid as stupid can be. Bet you were never in charge of jack your entire life and work for the man and hate your life.
People like you give the south a bad name.
Did a person from the north take your job? Your gal? What is your problem? You need help.
hijk

Nashville, TN

#8 Dec 1, 2010
no its just leisburg, if your not from here they dont want you here, they will be good to you until they get what little you have then they will turn on you like pack of dogs

i use this place as a cheap place to live, i dont spend any money here other then elec.,water, an gas
everthing else is paid for out of town and i plan to keep it that way

unless things could change but i dont see that with this group running it now

Since: Nov 10

Plano, TX

#9 Dec 1, 2010
I too live here for the cost of living, and I too have found some people only want you to get what they need then will stab you right in the back and they don't think twice about it. There are a few that have been okay, but I found it difficult to make any good friend here. Because of the number of people who have taken advantage of myself and my family I'm very skeptable of people now. I do spend most of my money in lewisburg but work out of town.

I don't mind the south, what I do mind is drug using, people using, liars, and back stabbers which is also up north. What isn't up north like down here is I've never seen so much drinking and driving in my life. I can't believe there arn't more serious accidents.
hijk wrote:
no its just leisburg, if your not from here they dont want you here, they will be good to you until they get what little you have then they will turn on you like pack of dogs
i use this place as a cheap place to live, i dont spend any money here other then elec.,water, an gas
everthing else is paid for out of town and i plan to keep it that way
unless things could change but i dont see that with this group running it now

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 1, 2010
this town needs a shake up. it needs a reason to pull together. and the way i see it your local gov is about to make that happen. the town is broke and there is no help comming from the state. now what.
mgt type

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Dec 2, 2010
marshallcounty wrote:
this town needs a shake up. it needs a reason to pull together. and the way i see it your local gov is about to make that happen. the town is broke and there is no help comming from the state. now what.
I believe we are the laughing stock of all the counties in TN. We are the welfare county with one of the highest amount of folks on disability. Do they have a class for getting on disability at Cornersville High?
I bet the mayor wishes his county was like others. Or is he proud of the county in a way of our accomplishments and status? If he is and is happy with the state our county is in, you might want to question his leadership and direction.
Mom

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Dec 2, 2010
Who cares if the town is broke...work for yourselves and don't count on the county or city to take care of you. People are complaining about their trash pickup....go get rid of it yourself..take it to the trash/recycle places yourselves like we do out in the county...it's called WORK people. I'm a stay at home mom and make our extra income selling on ebay. We invest ourselves in too much of what we don't have rather than looking at what we do. A roof over our head, food on the table, and some of the other necessities in life. I have family members who don't have a job but who are going out and cleaning up people's yards and hauling off trash to make money. If you plan right and don't have to have the latest whatever you can make it on your own instead of what Uncle Sam can do for you. Take care of yourselves instead of waiting for someone else to come do it. Trade for things you don't have or need. That is the problem with folks nowadays anyway...waiting for a handout. Sorry, I don't want a mall or any of the crime that goes with it in this county. If the politicians would keep their hands out of our back pockets and people took care of themselves and their neighbors..none of any of this would be an issue. Like the new Highway 431 expansion going 4 lanes from L'burg thru Belfast..do we REALLY need that? If you do not have a job in Lewisburg now and are a capable working person, just because you can't find a 40 hour a week job is that really a reason to sit on your couch and complain about not having a job? Go CREATE a job somewhere. Clean out gutters, paint, you can always hire out to do something. Moms always need someone to watch their kids for a few hours especially this time of year to go shopping or something...would be nice to find an adult babysitter for a few hours a week...even $40 would buy gas and some groceries for a week. Be frugal, think outside the box, and you can survive. I just get frustrated when I hear someone say they have been looking for a job for 6 months and can't find anything. There is always SOMETHING you can do. And I'm with the folks who say if you don't like it here move. Spring Hill and Columbia may be your sort of town..bigger..more government..higher taxes...and those malls you might wish were here instead.
Road King

Nashville, TN

#13 Dec 2, 2010
Maybe we can just put asphalt down over the entire county and be done with it.
Someone has their hand in the TDOT cookie jar!
soon-to-be-Tenne ssean

North Fort Myers, FL

#14 Dec 2, 2010
Mom wrote:
Who cares if the town is broke...work for yourselves and don't count on the county or city to take care of you. People are complaining about their trash pickup....go get rid of it yourself..take it to the trash/recycle places yourselves like we do out in the county...it's called WORK people. I'm a stay at home mom and make our extra income selling on ebay. We invest ourselves in too much of what we don't have rather than looking at what we do. A roof over our head, food on the table, and some of the other necessities in life. I have family members who don't have a job but who are going out and cleaning up people's yards and hauling off trash to make money. If you plan right and don't have to have the latest whatever you can make it on your own instead of what Uncle Sam can do for you. Take care of yourselves instead of waiting for someone else to come do it. Trade for things you don't have or need. That is the problem with folks nowadays anyway...waiting for a handout. Sorry, I don't want a mall or any of the crime that goes with it in this county. If the politicians would keep their hands out of our back pockets and people took care of themselves and their neighbors..none of any of this would be an issue. Like the new Highway 431 expansion going 4 lanes from L'burg thru Belfast..do we REALLY need that? If you do not have a job in Lewisburg now and are a capable working person, just because you can't find a 40 hour a week job is that really a reason to sit on your couch and complain about not having a job? Go CREATE a job somewhere. Clean out gutters, paint, you can always hire out to do something. Moms always need someone to watch their kids for a few hours especially this time of year to go shopping or something...would be nice to find an adult babysitter for a few hours a week...even $40 would buy gas and some groceries for a week. Be frugal, think outside the box, and you can survive. I just get frustrated when I hear someone say they have been looking for a job for 6 months and can't find anything. There is always SOMETHING you can do. And I'm with the folks who say if you don't like it here move. Spring Hill and Columbia may be your sort of town..bigger..more government..higher taxes...and those malls you might wish were here instead.
I like you. I hope you are one of my neighbors when we relocate to Lewisburg.:)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#15 Dec 2, 2010
soon-to-be-Tennessean wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you. I hope you are one of my neighbors when we relocate to Lewisburg.:)
ok nut its more to it then having a job, with out the couhty gov and money the its self cant run. i see why you a stay at hom mom to stupid to get a job..........

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#16 Dec 2, 2010
funny. I am not a stay at home mom. but if I was - that is a harder job than actually working outside the home - and you never get paid what you are worth.

I stayed home with my kids till they went to school. then I went to work. I will retire in 3 months after 30 years on the job.

when times were hard I held three jobs at once. I guess for a "girl" I did ok.
big cheese

United States

#17 Dec 2, 2010
marshallcounty wrote:
<quoted text>
ok nut its more to it then having a job, with out the couhty gov and money the its self cant run. i see why you a stay at hom mom to stupid to get a job..........
hahaha...you're really in a position to call someone stupid you dipshit. learn to spell before start chunking rocks at someone who has what you'll never have. common sense. Now get up and walk to the mailbox to get your welfare check you piece of lowlife whitetrash.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18 Dec 6, 2010
cant help it i went to school here in marshall county,

so thank my teacher b woods, she tought me everything she knew and you see how far that got me
Mom

United States

#19 Dec 8, 2010
I went to school here too. That is no excuse. Graduated. Then applied myself for a 4 year degree from a state university and WORKED. Still working even tho I also am a stay at home mom. It's called applying yourself. Getting up off the couch. And working. Not waiting on a handout.
tyler

Nashville, TN

#20 Dec 8, 2010
see thats the problem you claim if someone bitches then they are stuck on a sofa, i work everyday and have for very long time, i have lived here my whole life and i see what kinda of stupid pepole come from these schools, its the schools and parents fault and some fault is to be laid on the community as a whole, kids will be kids and if we do not drive them in the right direction then we are the problem, i dont have kids in school here we dirve them to columbia everyday so they can have the chance to make it, i work with several pepole that have husbands and wife's that work for the city and county and yes after hearing them talk about how they dont care we decided not to allow our kids to be a part of marshall county

we to like others on here only use this town for a place to sleep, i now work in columbia now that my old plant closed and do all my store stops before comming here and we plan to keep it that way til we retire and move away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what did these girls do? 4 hr just me 24
Children Chained To Beds In Lewisburg 8 hr mad 5
Ole Steak House 10 hr thereturn of some... 29
Marshall County Youth Baseball Cal Ripkin (Jun '10) 21 hr It is awful 44
Freecycle 22 hr Time has come 27
A restaurant near the square 23 hr just me 85
narc of the year AKA Sammy Wright Fri Phil M Nuts 28

Hard Freeze Warning for Marshall County was issued at March 28 at 2:01PM CDT

Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]