Where are they

Lewisburg, TN

#1 Aug 22, 2013
There was a homeless man at the dentist, trying to get help. He was from nashville, said he could not work. Just got out of hospital in Nashville , no insurance , no family, no job. Why do they all come here? We have enough problems
sad reality

Columbia, TN

#2 Aug 22, 2013
Where are they wrote:
There was a homeless man at the dentist, trying to get help. He was from nashville, said he could not work. Just got out of hospital in Nashville , no insurance , no family, no job. Why do they all come here? We have enough problems
Unemployment just jumped from July’s 7.7 percent to 8.9 in the US. Welfare has jumped over 2% in the last year! The homeless are increasing their ranks everyday! It is going to get worse before it gets better! They are everywhere, but as fall sets in and winter comes, expect to see even more as they move south looking for warmth. It is becoming an epidemic and instead of thinking as you do (sweeping them under the rug hoping they move on), we need to do something about it! And I don't mean trying to just see to their needs, but demanding our Government take responsibility for what they are causing. And I don't mean in handouts, but in jobs!! JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, JOBS! We all need to be calling our Congresspersons and demanding they do more! Demand they force corporations that sell here, build it here! Obamacare is going to cause even more problems! And cost more jobs! Our day of reckoning is coming folks.
Really

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Aug 22, 2013
sad reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment just jumped from July’s 7.7 percent to 8.9 in the US. Welfare has jumped over 2% in the last year! The homeless are increasing their ranks everyday! It is going to get worse before it gets better! They are everywhere, but as fall sets in and winter comes, expect to see even more as they move south looking for warmth. It is becoming an epidemic and instead of thinking as you do (sweeping them under the rug hoping they move on), we need to do something about it! And I don't mean trying to just see to their needs, but demanding our Government take responsibility for what they are causing. And I don't mean in handouts, but in jobs!! JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, JOBS! We all need to be calling our Congresspersons and demanding they do more! Demand they force corporations that sell here, build it here! Obamacare is going to cause even more problems! And cost more jobs! Our day of reckoning is coming folks.
It is a choice to be homeless for some people, bad choices. Drinking , they smoke, eating out , I see it every day, they call them the " working poor". Just live whin your means.
sad reality

Columbia, TN

#4 Aug 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a choice to be homeless for some people, bad choices. Drinking , they smoke, eating out , I see it every day, they call them the " working poor". Just live whin your means.
You are not very wise to the world are you? Those who choose to be homeless are barely a faction of the problem we have. Drinking, smoking, eating out???? We are talking about FAMILIES! Not some hobo riding the rails. Just live within your means???? Are you serious!!!???? What if you don't have any means? What if you can't get a job because one does not exist? Is it within your means digging out food thrown out by a restaurant? I am not sure if you are a troll or just that f@cking stupid!!
Really

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Aug 22, 2013
sad reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not very wise to the world are you? Those who choose to be homeless are barely a faction of the problem we have. Drinking, smoking, eating out???? We are talking about FAMILIES! Not some hobo riding the rails. Just live within your means???? Are you serious!!!???? What if you don't have any means? What if you can't get a job because one does not exist? Is it within your means digging out food thrown out by a restaurant? I am not sure if you are a troll or just

that f@cking stupid!!
F@cling liberal , I see it every day. Making good money, do not think og the future. Only live in moment. Drink, smoke, eat lunch out, and no money until pay day. Or to pay bill!
Bread

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Aug 22, 2013
sad reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not very wise to the world are you? Those who choose to be homeless are barely a faction of the problem we have. Drinking, smoking, eating out???? We are talking about FAMILIES! Not some hobo riding the rails. Just live within your means???? Are you serious!!!???? What if you don't have any means? What if you can't get a job because one does not exist? Is it within your means digging out food thrown out by a restaurant? I am not sure if you are a troll or just that f@cking stupid!!
Are you homeless or just a troll? Go away
Gibberish major

Columbia, TN

#8 Aug 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
F@cling liberal , I see it every day. Making good money, do not think og the future. Only live in moment. Drink, smoke, eat lunch out, and no money until pay day. Or to pay bill!
F@cling? og? What does this have to do with the homeless who can't find a job? Now you are complaining about those WITH a job being irresponsible with their money. Can't fix that. Has nothing to do with be a liberal. What are you drinking?
Bread

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Aug 22, 2013
Gibberish major wrote:
<quoted text>
F@cling? og? What does this have to do with the homeless who can't find a job? Now you are complaining about those WITH a job being irresponsible with their money. Can't fix that. Has nothing to do with be a liberal. What are you drinking?
What are you smoking? The point is, these "working poor" are just one pay check from live in the woods!
Worker

United States

#10 Aug 22, 2013
I lost my job and then 10 months later my wife lost hers. We lost our home and went bankrupt. We didn't "CHOOSE" any of this. No one there to help me, not even church family who were the first to turn their back.! Buncha hypocritical christian fakes!

I now work as a cook and my wife takes care of the eldery until we can move and find a better life and community. Make fun all you want, your job may be next.
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a choice to be homeless for some people, bad choices. Drinking , they smoke, eating out , I see it every day, they call them the " working poor". Just live whin your means.
Welcome To Lewisburg

Columbia, TN

#11 Aug 23, 2013
Where are they wrote:
There was a homeless man at the dentist, trying to get help. He was from nashville, said he could not work. Just got out of hospital in Nashville , no insurance , no family, no job. Why do they all come here? We have enough problems
Should Lewisburg advertize with lights and big signs on I-65 this way to Lewisburg small town homeless heaven?

With high crime and more people will soon big city homeless be traveling I-65 to smaller towns? What better place than Lewisburg low rent falling down housing, pawn shops, junk stores and good people?

With Lewisburg's location as to I-65 should Lewisburg's next specs buildings be a homeless shelters and free food centers for those of us who may soon need it?

Do Marshall County / Lewisburg have a local Red Cross Office that helps the homeless?
What about the Salvation Army
Good will
Churches

Build More Secion 8 and Federal housing, bigger schools, hire more police, firemen, maybe Lewisburg can soon become Nashville or Detroit!

Big City indeas, small towns pocket books!
truth

Nashville, TN

#12 Aug 23, 2013
some of the homeless are here due to police in towns around us. Franklin pd was seen down 431 past hwy 99 dropping off a homeless person. now think about it, homeless person was something we seen around here from time to time... now they live behind walmart, 2 down under the brg and one over at the park, the other i do not know were they stay....it seems towns around us are using us as a dumping ground for homeless
what

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13 Sep 6, 2013
Some are homeless for no fault of their own...some choose to be homeless...believe it or not....they
are happy and are good people....if that is the way they want to live....let them....The one guy was homeless and had help into an apartment and one would think he was happy...but obvious he was not...he is homeless again...gave up his apartment in which he had to pay little rent....guess he likes living on the streets....In some cases...it is by choice....True enough...I feel sorry for them...but what can you do???? As for the lady...she seems really nice....always clean...she gets money from some where....I see her eating and drinking soda pops all the time....Some you think may be homeless...are really not....just hang out at the park...they actually live in a house....
Mom

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Sep 6, 2013
What makes a person homeless?
Choice.
Unemployed.
Medical Bills.
Fire.
Tornado.
Hurricane.
Earth quake.
Flood.
Kicked out.
Legally removed.
Divorce.
Prison.
Abandoned by spouse.
Fanatic Calling by a deity.
Not budgeting.
Gambler.
Flirting fool.

Many things can be the reason for homelessness.
For this reason, they can't be all camped or fenced off in any one location in any community.
I heard that the average child age of homelessness is nine years old!!!!!!!!!! In this USA.
i know

Columbia, TN

#16 Sep 9, 2013
one of them make be god would you treat him that
LOLOLOLOL

Columbia, TN

#17 Sep 9, 2013
i know wrote:
one of them make be god would you treat him that
??????
sweeper

United States

#18 Nov 12, 2013
There is homeless gentleman who plays his guitar outside mcdonalds and never asks for a cent. i asked him why he did have a sign asking for tips, he just smiled and said people know why I'm here some have money to spare some don't so i let god handle the god and ill take care of the music. he always looks so sad and alone but when you speak to him he smiles and nods. We need more people like him
sweeper

United States

#19 Nov 12, 2013
There is homeless gentleman who plays his guitar outside mcdonalds and never asks for a cent. i asked him why he didnt have a sign asking for tips, he just smiled and said people know why I'm here some have money to spare some don't so i let god handle the money and ill take care of the music. he always looks so sad and alone but when you speak to him he smiles and nods. We need more people like him
more

Columbia, TN

#20 Nov 12, 2013
sweeper wrote:
There is homeless gentleman who plays his guitar outside mcdonalds and never asks for a cent. i asked him why he didnt have a sign asking for tips, he just smiled and said people know why I'm here some have money to spare some don't so i let god handle the money and ill take care of the music. he always looks so sad and alone but when you speak to him he smiles and nods. We need more people like him
What we need more of is the kind and compassionate attitude you display. It is more meaningful than you or I will hopefully ever know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson,Mo, this should not be news 7 hr Herding the stupid 6
Lewisburg Fire Dept taking advantage 10 hr Lynnette Lynnette 39
Richard Turner, resigns from LES Tue Herding the stupid 18
Lewisburg Citizens Ruin Communities Tue Herding the stupid 7
Happy Thanksgiving to all Mon Community 2
Ferguson Animals Mon TiredOfThugs 1
Prayers For Abused Inmates! Mon Prison Luxury 9
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lewisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:04 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:04PM
Texans' Mallett done, Fitzpatrick starts
Bleacher Report 1:20 PM
Fitzpatrick Announced as Starter vs. Titans
NBC Sports 1:37 PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab
NFL 2:01 PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:11 PM
Shaun Phillps lands with Colts