First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hmmm

Columbia, TN

#21 Apr 11, 2013
Town Known for Cover Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading the city charter word for words to start with! Try explaining how the city could be over charged for street lights for 6-7 years, hundreds of thousands of dollars yet then did any of those public officals even ask or check and see if any other customers were over charged also?
Could the law or auditors read some of those state and federal grants applied for?
Has any ever looked at how bids were taken, city property bought and sold?
You are right about understanding for don't see how they are not all locked up behind bars for years!
Bob,I mispelled words...so that will give u something to do......Thought u were moving to Columbia??? Damn sure would not be missed by LEWIBURG....
meme

Columbia, TN

#22 Apr 11, 2013
i would take bob over bill williams any day, who wants the roberts involved with the city, if they are backing him then they have a plan
Bunch of Cover Ups

Columbia, TN

#23 Apr 11, 2013
info wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither the Mayor or the city council looks at any of the electric, water, or gas bills. How stupid are you. They come to city hall and are paid by either the city manager or the city treasurer. Now here is a good question for you if you are looking to blame someone for this problem. During this same time there has been an audit completed by a firm I believe is out of Nashville or Columbia that has missed that same over payment. It is their job to catch those mistakes and bring it to the attention of the council and mayor. Also look at all the bills the city gets. Bills for city hall, city garage, city fire halls (2), city police dept., animal control building, the rec. center, and all the ball parks. This would be like looking for a needle in a Haystack. That is why the state requires an independent auditor to come in a check the books and the mayor and city council have nothing to do with those books. the auditor is to report its finding to the mayor and council. What has the city done that has went against the charter. Tell us, give us the chapter, and the code number. Bet you can't!!!!
Looking for Needle in a Hay Stack?
Easy to find if you really wanted to find it!
Use your head
Get big Magnet and the needle would pull right out!

If the State or Fed got involved would the corrucption be pulled right out?
truth

Tucker, GA

#24 Apr 11, 2013
There are some absurd statements posted on these threads that hold no merit whatsoever. I've never seen so many jealous citizens in one location.
Downtown

Columbia, TN

#25 Apr 11, 2013
I don't know if there jealous, or really, really bored. It seems that there is nothing to do in this town other than gossip.
Think Vote

Columbia, TN

#26 Apr 11, 2013
Should every person who runs for any public office should be required to have been in small business for themselves?
Then would they know the problems small business people face today?

Vote for Farrar and give a small business man a chance to make Lewisburg Better For all!
Downtown

Columbia, TN

#27 Apr 11, 2013
The more I think about it, I am sure I have anything better to do on election day then participate in this circus event. Thankfully, no one can do too much damage.
Downtown

Columbia, TN

#28 Apr 11, 2013
Think Vote wrote:
Should every person who runs for any public office should be required to have been in small business for themselves?
Vote for Farrar and give a small business man a chance to make Lewisburg Better For all!
The longer I read this site it becomes screamingly obvious the local High School does not require a basic Civics class.
Billy

Lewisburg, TN

#29 Apr 11, 2013
Think Vote wrote:
. He does understand small business and that is important.
Watch the vote Count

Columbia, TN

#30 Apr 12, 2013
Downtown wrote:
The more I think about it, I am sure I have anything better to do on election day then participate in this circus event. Thankfully, no one can do too much damage.
Who will cover the election office and watch the votes counted with Clint gone, who will calibrate those election machines?
What will we do? What will we do? With is there any one like Clint. To make sure this City Election is not done crooked?
Watch that Vote count

Columbia, TN

#31 Apr 13, 2013
Do you remember Years ago the pole workers counted, called out the votes ballot by ballot, in front of the whole public at each precinct even people wrote down the votes as those were called out loud!
Every vote was called out in public even the votes for any who were not even running for public office!
Some people voted that way just to see if their votes were counted and the election was on the up and up!
Then locked the ballot box and 3 o 4 election workers would delivered that ballot box to the election workers just off the square, where the ballot box was opened in public and the vote was posted to a public board, in front of the Post office, and Newspaper office, where lots of the public had gather to bet on the election and see who won?
It was a big party night for Lewisburg, the merchants would stay open late and food and drink was available?
They usually knew who won by 9 - 10 PM unless it was a president election it took a little longer maybe 1 AM?
Why is it now days with modern computers does it seem is the voted counted behind closed doors to the press and public, and does it take till 9-10 pm for the public to wonder who won and is every vote counted called out in public?
Why was the Election office door reported shut on the press a few years back?
Why were the election office manager let go, resigned or fired and no complete audit done of the whole election office?
Has locals been allowed to work on or access to the election voting machines even if their kin were running for public office?
Was registered qualified voters reported turned away at the poles?
Has any election officials made unprofessional, derogatory, public comments about qualified candidate, trying to run for public office?
WOW

Columbia, TN

#32 May 3, 2013
so you think they are dirty, is that how you see it. funny everyone thinks folks in chagre are dirty, but when have you stood up to them an ask questions. yes we know its dirty here, but until you charge the streets in protest you will never change a thing. everything seems to behind closed doors these days and thur phone calls before meetings take place. and some ask why folks feel this way here
what

Columbia, TN

#33 May 3, 2013
Watch that Vote count wrote:
Do you remember Years ago the pole workers counted, called out the votes ballot by ballot, in front of the whole public at each precinct even people wrote down the votes as those were called out loud!
Every vote was called out in public even the votes for any who were not even running for public office!
Some people voted that way just to see if their votes were counted and the election was on the up and up!
Then locked the ballot box and 3 o 4 election workers would delivered that ballot box to the election workers just off the square, where the ballot box was opened in public and the vote was posted to a public board, in front of the Post office, and Newspaper office, where lots of the public had gather to bet on the election and see who won?
It was a big party night for Lewisburg, the merchants would stay open late and food and drink was available?
They usually knew who won by 9 - 10 PM unless it was a president election it took a little longer maybe 1 AM?
Why is it now days with modern computers does it seem is the voted counted behind closed doors to the press and public, and does it take till 9-10 pm for the public to wonder who won and is every vote counted called out in public?
Why was the Election office door reported shut on the press a few years back?
Why were the election office manager let go, resigned or fired and no complete audit done of the whole election office?
Has locals been allowed to work on or access to the election voting machines even if their kin were running for public office?
Was registered qualified voters reported turned away at the poles?
Has any election officials made unprofessional, derogatory, public comments about qualified candidate, trying to run for public office?
This happens to be 2013...it is all on the computer...it does not take long to get all the votes counted...a few buttons and they will have the total for all the races...verdict by 7:30.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump voters 1 hr Screwed 8
Is anyone still treated by Louis Shone NP of Ly... Sun Interesting 6
Mike "scooter" smith wanted or snitching? Sun Snichs and stitchs 2
Schools need to be closed Sun Flu among us 8
meth bust (May '14) Sun No sence 7
public defender Feb 18 teens 1
Public Defenders Race (Jul '14) Feb 18 bad girls 103

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance