Lewisburg, TN

#22 Jul 16, 2014
other than yourself.
Do the right thing

Columbia, TN

#23 Jul 16, 2014
vet too wrote:
other than yourself.
Can you elaborate on that? Or did you just post, forgetting to finish that thought?
justthinking

Franklin, TN

#24 Jul 16, 2014
I just want to start this by saying that I do not have a problem with Norman nor do I with Billy and I personally know them both. I have no intention of arguing with anyone on here just want to speak my peace after reading all that negative comments about the election. As far as "why does Norman make the Deputies pay to drive a car that the county owns" yes employees that do get a take home car have to pay a tax for the usage of the vehicle. That is NOT put into place by the sheriff. It is part of the law that is has to be done. The Deputies do have the right to not pay the tax but with that said they have to either leave the patrol unit at the sheriff's office or if they choose to continue to take the car home and not pay they can not have any personal business with the car. The last administration was suppose to have the same tax for the usage of the vehicles but it was not enforced. Norman did start enforcing it because it was the right thing to do. Also the comment about "tampons in the first aid kit" those were added as a last ditch effort for the Deputies if something was to happen out in the far distance of the county and emergency service "EMS" was going to take a while to get to them. It was not added for a nose bleed. If anyone with some type of training would realize that if you have a gunshot wound then it would be helpful in the attempt to stop the bleeding. As far as "turnover rate" there is a few things that come to mind that would cause something like that. The fact that the health insurance isn't the best could effect that, but that again isn't the decision of the sheriff. The insurance is provided by the county and the county is in charge of the plans. Another thing that could cause that is because some of the employees could have quit based on the reasons that they were not allowed to loaf around and are mad because they have to work. The Sheriff can not keep an employee that wants to leave. Its that persons decision to leave and for all you know he/she could have had the plan to use the Sheriff's Office as a "stepping stone" to get onto a different dept. Regardless of who is in office not everyone is going to be happy 100% of the time. You will always have someone wanting to complain and talk smack about the boss. It's life and how it works. I say that if they aren't happy with the way something is then they don't need to be there to begin with. I've seen numerous comments about "just talk to former employees" about how he is as a boss. To that I say ask them...just go for it but with that said also figure out why they are mad to begin with. I can bet you that its because they did something that was wrong or something they weren't suppose to be doing. The only question I have is everyone wants to speak of "change" what has Billy changed or attempted to change in all the years he has been there? If something was wrong shouldn't he have stepped up and said something. As you sit there and think about wanting "change" take a moment to look at what all Norman has done to make a "change." Do I think Billy is a horrible guy? No I don't but I don't think there will be any "change."
vet too

Lewisburg, TN

#25 Jul 16, 2014
Do the right thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you elaborate on that? Or did you just post, forgetting to finish that thought?
You should be able to figure that out, can't you? I am at work, sorry I can't chat.
Sunny

United States

#26 Jul 17, 2014
Sheriff Dalton has done a great job. I want to know where all these people that are complaining and slamming him have been for the past 3 years? NONE of these people have ever showed up to a county meeting and complained, but now all of a sudden he is wrong? I find that hard to believe. If I could only win an election by slamming the other person I would hang my head in shame. It is embarrassing all the lies and rumors that have been spread to make this man look bad.
stalker

Columbia, TN

#27 Jul 17, 2014
Sunny wrote:
Sheriff Dalton has done a great job. I want to know where all these people that are complaining and slamming him have been for the past 3 years? NONE of these people have ever showed up to a county meeting and complained, but now all of a sudden he is wrong? I find that hard to believe. If I could only win an election by slamming the other person I would hang my head in shame. It is embarrassing all the lies and rumors that have been spread to make this man look bad.
Umm, it has been made clear why folks do not ask questions, it is out of fear and that has already been proven. If you ask Norman question you take the chance of being turned over to homeland or he will try to intimidate you by doing surveillance on your house. Norman said so his self in a trial , that's what he did to the freeman guy. you want to talk embarrassing , lets talk about that letter he send out his first month in office,about screwing his child and promoting his son in law above other qualified officer. How about him suspending a jail worker for talking to Jason Williams, she got 3 days off because Jason works for lambs camp, try to say that is not so, KR knows the truth. And how in the hell can he run a county when he could not run his own home. He could not help his own son who is sitting in prison now , Norman did he not live with you when he got in all that trouble, and you claim you are best for this county. How many folks has Norman taking to jail prior to being Sheriff . How about this 80 thousand worth of lights that have not helped the jail at all. Short staffed is a safety issue, what is he going to do when road officers can not get to the jail in time to help, not a good plan there guy. Norman is good as beat, he has lost this race all on his own. That is why he went to SRO school last month, so he can set up his new job, so he had Marshall county pay for his training for this new job. Now as far as the comment why did Billy not do anything while he was there, hmm he was not Sheriff , all final decision were handled by Norman, He likes to micro manage maybe that's why Billy quit him and ran for the job, for Changes he knows are needed for the betterment of this county.
Do the right thing

Columbia, TN

#28 Jul 17, 2014
justthinking wrote:
I just want to start this by saying that I do not have a problem with Norman nor do I with Billy and I personally know them both. I have no intention of arguing with anyone on here just want to speak my peace after reading all that negative comments about the election. As far as "why does Norman make the Deputies pay to drive a car that the county owns" yes employees that do get a take home car have to pay a tax for the usage of the vehicle. That is NOT put into place by the sheriff. It is part of the law that is has to be done. The Deputies do have the right to not pay the tax but with that said they have to either leave the patrol unit at the sheriff's office or if they choose to continue to take the car home and not pay they can not have any personal business with the car. The last administration was suppose to have the same tax for the usage of the vehicles but it was not enforced. Norman did start enforcing it because it was the right thing to do. Also the comment about "tampons in the first aid kit" those were added as a last ditch effort for the Deputies if something was to happen out in the far distance of the county and emergency service "EMS" was going to take a while to get to them. It was not added for a nose bleed. If anyone with some type of training would realize that if you have a gunshot wound then it would be helpful in the attempt to stop the bleeding. As far as "turnover rate" there is a few things that come to mind that would cause something like that. The fact that the health insurance isn't the best could effect that, but that again isn't the decision of the sheriff. The insurance is provided by the county and the county is in charge of the plans. Another thing that could cause that is because some of the employees could have quit based on the reasons that they were not allowed to loaf around and are mad because they have to work. The Sheriff can not keep an employee that wants to leave. Its that persons decision to leave and for all you know he/she could have had the plan to use the Sheriff's Office as a "stepping stone" to get onto a different dept. Regardless of who is in office not everyone is going to be happy 100% of the time. You will always have someone wanting to complain and talk smack about the boss. It's life and how it works. I say that if they aren't happy with the way something is then they don't need to be there to begin with. I've seen numerous comments about "just talk to former employees" about how he is as a boss. To that I say ask them...just go for it but with that said also figure out why they are mad to begin with. I can bet you that its because they did something that was wrong or something they weren't suppose to be doing. The only question I have is everyone wants to speak of "change" what has Billy changed or attempted to change in all the years he has been there? If something was wrong shouldn't he have stepped up and said something. As you sit there and think about wanting "change" take a moment to look at what all Norman has done to make a "change." Do I think Billy is a horrible guy? No I don't but I don't think there will be any "change."
Then there is the running of the jail by shifts and not all shifts being equal with prisoners pitting one shift against another because it is not ran the same on all shifts. A/C issues, and taking in prisoners from other jurisdictions costing extra money due to laws of holding them being costly.
Sunny

Franklin, TN

#29 Jul 17, 2014
Here we go again, the Lamb supporters slamming Dalton instead of telling us why we should elect Lamb. That is the way Lamb has run his whole campaign, with negativity. What an embarassment. No wonder Lamb is supporting Rob Dalton the go hand in hand.
Do the right thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there is the running of the jail by shifts and not all shifts being equal with prisoners pitting one shift against another because it is not ran the same on all shifts. A/C issues, and taking in prisoners from other jurisdictions costing extra money due to laws of holding them being costly.
think about it

Columbia, TN

#30 Jul 17, 2014
Sunny wrote:
Here we go again, the Lamb supporters slamming Dalton instead of telling us why we should elect Lamb. That is the way Lamb has run his whole campaign, with negativity. What an embarassment. No wonder Lamb is supporting Rob Dalton the go hand in hand.
<quoted text>
If someone votes for Lamb it must be because he says he plans to change those things wrong. The things that have been pointed out. What part of that don't you get? You should vote for Lamb if you think Dalton has ran it time and it is time for a change. Lamb knows what is going on. He's been there. He's not a stupid man. Dalton has made mistakes and fumbled the ball a few times. It's time to change the QB and get back in the game.
owl

Lewisburg, TN

#31 Jul 17, 2014
stalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, it has been made clear why folks do not ask questions, it is out of fear and that has already been proven. If you ask Norman question you take the chance of being turned over to homeland or he will try to intimidate you by doing surveillance on your house. Norman said so his self in a trial , that's what he did to the freeman guy. you want to talk embarrassing , lets talk about that letter he send out his first month in office,about screwing his child and promoting his son in law above other qualified officer. How about him suspending a jail worker for talking to Jason Williams, she got 3 days off because Jason works for lambs camp, try to say that is not so, KR knows the truth. And how in the hell can he run a county when he could not run his own home. He could not help his own son who is sitting in prison now , Norman did he not live with you when he got in all that trouble, and you claim you are best for this county. How many folks has Norman taking to jail prior to being Sheriff . How about this 80 thousand worth of lights that have not helped the jail at all. Short staffed is a safety issue, what is he going to do when road officers can not get to the jail in time to help, not a good plan there guy. Norman is good as beat, he has lost this race all on his own. That is why he went to SRO school last month, so he can set up his new job, so he had Marshall county pay for his training for this new job. Now as far as the comment why did Billy not do anything while he was there, hmm he was not Sheriff , all final decision were handled by Norman, He likes to micro manage maybe that's why Billy quit him and ran for the job, for Changes he knows are needed for the betterment of this county.
first come farrar,thencome rob Dalton,then come ex convict attemted murder alex, now this Sad Way To Get A Vote billy. Jason is aaaa liar kr right behind him. why didn,t billy run 2010 answer not big enough ball- yes norman put lot of folks in jail that's called doing your job,
he lost

Columbia, TN

#32 Jul 18, 2014
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahah

Straw poll 2-1 wow on election day i bet 3-1

norman norman norman he is not the man he cant tell his ass from a trash can

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisburg is a corrupt sh_thole town 21 hr thereturn of some... 18
talking about who's snitching ni nana 21 hr thereturn of some... 10
News New Details Emerge In Tad Cummins Case May 19 ThomasA 5
Walker Diecast (Mar '15) May 19 Noname 18
Landfill (Aug '07) May 16 Someone 5
Can you blame Tad? really? May 16 Fred Z 13
are you thankful to live in marshall county? (Aug '07) May 15 Cmpunk316 11

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance