Lamb 3 to 1
moneybags

Chapel Hill, TN

#3 Jul 15, 2014
I think actually taking bets could be illegal tho better watch yourself
Landshark

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 Jul 15, 2014
Norman's burned his bridges and stuck his foot in his mouth too many times. Everybody has been after Billy to run for years.
I say Lamb 5-1 over Stormin Norman.
Hannah B

Franklin, TN

#5 Jul 15, 2014
Sheriff Dalton will remain. He has a backbone, unlike others.
DB dawson

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Jul 15, 2014
Landshark wrote:
Norman's burned his bridges and stuck his foot in his mouth too many times. Everybody has been after Billy to run for years.
I say Lamb 5-1 over Stormin Norman.
You are right, he burned his bridges as in taking action when necessary, even if it wasn't a popular decision to some.
The point is he is not afraid to act and is not running a popularity contest now or anytime while serving as Sheriff, he is running a County Sheriff's Office.
Capt sinking the ship

Columbia, TN

#7 Jul 15, 2014
I've heard deputies are not happy. There are a lot of issues with how they are being worked. From overtime, SRO's, jail staffing and more. People stealing tires under their noses. Bondsmen breaking rules. Stonewalling by refusing to release records that are well known to be legal. All that would not be happening if everything was running smoothly. Sounds to me like the ship is sinking due to the capt (sheriff) not doing his job.
Stink Bait

Cornersville, TN

#9 Jul 15, 2014
Capt sinking the ship wrote:
I've heard deputies are not happy. There are a lot of issues with how they are being worked. From overtime, SRO's, jail staffing and more. People stealing tires under their noses. Bondsmen breaking rules. Stonewalling by refusing to release records that are well known to be legal. All that would not be happening if everything was running smoothly. Sounds to me like the ship is sinking due to the capt (sheriff) not doing his job.
I will take Lamb for a 5 SPOT!!!
WILLIE

Lewisburg, TN

#10 Jul 15, 2014
don't be a lamb be a lion vote DALTON
owl

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Jul 15, 2014
who wants to know ! DALTON will not back down !! bring it on boys !!
Big D

Franklin, TN

#12 Jul 15, 2014
Dalton. How much u wanna bet CASH IN?
DB dawson

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Jul 15, 2014
I think those deputies need to grow up, suck it up and do their jobs. If they were in the military they would be let go on their next re-enlistment cycle with attitudes like that, especially in the Marines. A lot of people think they can do a better job than the boss. I am not saying anything bad about Billy, I think he is a good man.
Like said before, I don't think the sheriff is running a popularity contest, just has vision and the deputies don't like change, and have nothing better to do than to cut the boss down. You see that in a lot of industries and normally the ones standing over the water cooler dragging the boss down are wannabees who just think they know better.
Those I know who side with the sheriff are not butt kissers, they are the few true professionals in their field, have pride in the department, have respect for authority, do their job, don't pass judgement because they have never even walked a step in Norms shoes and are deputies the Sheriff and fellow deputies can depend to back them up to the end.
capt

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Jul 16, 2014
seems to me that capt lamb has been the capt for the last 3 and half years so if anybody has sunk the ship he has had the paddle in his hand ........
Do the right thing

Columbia, TN

#15 Jul 16, 2014
DB dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think those deputies need to grow up, suck it up and do their jobs. If they were in the military they would be let go on their next re-enlistment cycle with attitudes like that, especially in the Marines. A lot of people think they can do a better job than the boss. I am not saying anything bad about Billy, I think he is a good man.
Like said before, I don't think the sheriff is running a popularity contest, just has vision and the deputies don't like change, and have nothing better to do than to cut the boss down. You see that in a lot of industries and normally the ones standing over the water cooler dragging the boss down are wannabees who just think they know better.
Those I know who side with the sheriff are not butt kissers, they are the few true professionals in their field, have pride in the department, have respect for authority, do their job, don't pass judgement because they have never even walked a step in Norms shoes and are deputies the Sheriff and fellow deputies can depend to back them up to the end.
You have no idea what you are talking about. It isn't the military, it is just deputies. A bunch of guys doing a job they get paid for. They want the same thing everyone wants. Decent hours, decent treatment and respect as employees, equal work for equal pay, safe working conditions, safe working place.... it is time to give someone else the reigns and see what they can do. Dalton is too complacent. He is make mistakes and bad decisions because of that. If Lamb doesn't do a great job, bring Dalton back next time.
NorthEnd

Franklin, TN

#16 Jul 16, 2014
Lamb. unless those stupid rednecks on the southend of this county elects dalton again.
Landshark

Mount Juliet, TN

#17 Jul 16, 2014
If Norman's so great then answer me this..........
1. Why does he charge his deputies a usage fee to drive a car owned by the county for a job they are paid to do?

2. Why is the turnover rate with deputies so high? It costs like 3000.00 dollars to send each deputy to the police academy. If you would treat them right, they would stay.
3. Why would you make your own first aid kits and put tampons in them? Nosebleed?
4. Why does the jail have to call road deputies off of the road to handle problems in the jail? Understaffing anf lack of training? maybe.

Not to say Norman isn't a good guy. He really is and he means well but like I said, he has burned alot of bridges and being an elected official, it kind of is a popularity contest but in the bigger picture.........every dog has his handlers that supply the funding and as I have seen in this business it get ugly when your name keeps ending up on the news in a bad way and looses multiple lawsuits costing the county millions of dollars.
It may not be a popularity contest but when the puppeteers cut the strings on the puppet the puppet always falls down and they get a new puppet. Meaning, when the money people that run expensive campains don't get what they pay for then they invest elsewhere.

So goes business and polictics is a business, like it or not.
Don't believe me? Politics is an ugly cut throat business and can be really brutal. Why do you think it costs so much to run? Because if it didn't cost so much.......anybody could run for public office. Just look at how much bond money you have to put up just to get your name on the ballot!
It's all about the $.
military member

Columbia, TN

#18 Jul 16, 2014
Do the right thing wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you are talking about. It isn't the military, it is just deputies. A bunch of guys doing a job they get paid for. They want the same thing everyone wants. Decent hours, decent treatment and respect as employees, equal work for equal pay, safe working conditions, safe working place.... it is time to give someone else the reigns and see what they can do. Dalton is too complacent. He is make mistakes and bad decisions because of that. If Lamb doesn't do a great job, bring Dalton back next time.
As a military member I for one know. The police and Sheriff dept is as close to the military as it gets. They are all held to higher standards and both have a rank structure and are professionals, not just guys who go to work and collect a pay check like someone who works in a factory. I believe you just want the poster and others to think they don't know what they are talking about. I believe it is you who does not know. Besides laws are in place to ensure working conditions are followed. If they don't like it, I suggest they find another job.
Do the right thing

Columbia, TN

#19 Jul 16, 2014
military member wrote:
<quoted text>
As a military member I for one know. The police and Sheriff dept is as close to the military as it gets. They are all held to higher standards and both have a rank structure and are professionals, not just guys who go to work and collect a pay check like someone who works in a factory. I believe you just want the poster and others to think they don't know what they are talking about. I believe it is you who does not know. Besides laws are in place to ensure working conditions are followed. If they don't like it, I suggest they find another job.
Well you're not as right as you think you are. I am a vet and well versed with military police. Yes, politics wise, they are very similar, however, you are comparing a well trained military unit with plenty of rank to a very small unit of privates (due to turnover) being ran by a drill Sargent. You are also talking about employees who are paid by the hour, not by the month for 24/7 duty. You can't abuse a soldier (pay wise) who is there 24/7 like you can someone paid by the hour. Then, there are major differences when it comes down to those who think they want to be in the police field verses those who sign up for a 2 to 4 year hitch. The training is nothing alike at all. They don't go through basic or AIT, they get 'some' time at the Academy. You can't expect the same level of commitment or respect you would from regular recruits who have had several months of structured training before they even get to a unit to begin their police training which is far more intense than anything these deputies would see. If you really have service time, surely you can't disagree with this. If so, please enlighten me.
vet too

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jul 16, 2014
Do the right thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're not as right as you think you are. I am a vet and well versed with military police. Yes, politics wise, they are very similar, however, you are comparing a well trained military unit with plenty of rank to a very small unit of privates (due to turnover) being ran by a drill Sargent. You are also talking about employees who are paid by the hour, not by the month for 24/7 duty. You can't abuse a soldier (pay wise) who is there 24/7 like you can someone paid by the hour. Then, there are major differences when it comes down to those who think they want to be in the police field verses those who sign up for a 2 to 4 year hitch. The training is nothing alike at all. They don't go through basic or AIT, they get 'some' time at the Academy. You can't expect the same level of commitment or respect you would from regular recruits who have had several months of structured training before they even get to a unit to begin their police training which is far more intense than anything these deputies would see. If you really have service time, surely you can't disagree with this. If so, please enlighten me.
Nothing is going to enlighten you. People who are professional, private-deputy have no problems. Common knowledge, pretty much anyone without a record and a hs degree can be an army recruit. You need to step it up to be a deputy.
You make our deputies look like idiots. They need to man up and so do you. Stop being a liberal cry baby.
Do the right thing

Columbia, TN

#21 Jul 16, 2014
vet too wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is going to enlighten you. People who are professional, private-deputy have no problems. Common knowledge, pretty much anyone without a record and a hs degree can be an army recruit. You need to step it up to be a deputy.
You make our deputies look like idiots. They need to man up and so do you. Stop being a liberal cry baby.
The worse fail of anyone who discusses a topic is one who results to name calling. I am not a liberal. Your lack of truth and understanding only lends to your lack of credibility. If there were no problems with the deputies, I would not hear about complaints. You don't need anything more than a HS diploma or G.E.D. to become a deputy. Don't try to fool someone who knows. It's a no-brainer to have a clean record. I never made anyone look like an idiot, but you are not doing yourself any favors. It is not unusual to have issues and problems in any job, let alone a sheriff or police department. That is not a sign of anyone being an idiot. It is simply a sign there are issues. Why are you trying to make this look like the sheriff's department is squeaky clean, when no work place is like that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MCHS baseball 9 hr tonto 12
Lewisburg Community on Facebook 21 hr Tom Horn 25
MCHS Softball coach allegations 21 hr Tom Horn 56
Amber cobble Tue Smmfh 4
News Calsonic Kansei Adding 1,200 Jobs In Tennessee (Sep '13) Sun Crusty 86
FB Lewisburg community page Sun Rusty 5
Graduation party on anes station rd Sun Dusty 3

Lewisburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages