Stop Spanking Children in School

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Friend

Columbia, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2009

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/articles/2...

Maury County - is poised to join a nationwide effort to ban corporal punishment!

Marshall County should too.

Buy a Daily Herald and read

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 29, 2009
Friend wrote:
http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/articles/2...
Maury County - is poised to join a nationwide effort to ban corporal punishment!
Marshall County should too.
Buy a Daily Herald and read
I agree!
Just Me
One Time

College Grove, TN

#3 Mar 29, 2009
then they should start getting it at home! most every kid i've seen with behavioral problems didn't get their a**es whipped when they should have

Location hidden

#4 Mar 29, 2009
Mine did get their share at home when they
needed it. Praise God, we have very little
problems. When needed, it was done the right
way.
Just Me
One Time

College Grove, TN

#5 Mar 29, 2009
there are too many out there that dont tho

Location hidden

#6 Mar 29, 2009
I understand.
Just Me
Friend

Columbia, TN

#7 Mar 29, 2009
To deprive and reward
Works real well
As understanding
Develops meaning
In doing so
Teaches respect
As to themselves
And others too
They will have a lot more respect for you.

Raise a hand and raise the child
Who will raise his hand too

“French “
Est une grant vertu
ReairRT

Lewisburg, TN

#8 Mar 29, 2009
My child who is an honor roll student really thinks some teachers at Cornersville take pride and enjoyment in spanking children.
Honor Grad Mom

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Mar 29, 2009
Friend wrote:
To deprive and reward
Works real well
As understanding
Develops meaning
In doing so
Teaches respect
As to themselves
And others too
They will have a lot more respect for you.
Raise a hand and raise the child
Who will raise his hand too
“French “
Est une grant vertu
Bull! I spanked all 3 of my children when they needed it. They have all turned out to be responsible citizens. All were honor graduates, all got scholarships to good universities, all have honorable professions and each has in turn disciplined my grandchildren who are well adjusted decent children. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Spanking in school is a necessity. Look at all the problems schools have. When my children went to school, spankings were given and times were far better. That you can't dispute. Less discipline equals monsterous children.
Friend

Columbia, TN

#10 Mar 30, 2009
Honor Grad Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull! I spanked all 3 of my children when they needed it. They have all turned out to be responsible citizens. All were honor graduates, all got scholarships to good universities, all have honorable professions and each has in turn disciplined my grandchildren who are well adjusted decent children. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Spanking in school is a necessity. Look at all the problems schools have. When my children went to school, spankings were given and times were far better. That you can't dispute. Less discipline equals monsterous children.
Do you really think the Bible meant for a stranger to raise their hand to another person’s child only in defense?

Also what if you have a 15-16 year old girl and a teacher pervert authority figure calls her in a room say she has a short dress on and he spankers her as to watch the dress fly or intimidate her and see what he can or tapes and sells the video.

We are becoming a society as to give freedom and authority too strangers and others as neglecting our responsibility as being good parents ourselves.

Why do children not have the same rights as adults, hit another man and be charged with assault.

Then we all wonder why children don't like school are we all Idiots.
Trash Man

Lansing, MI

#11 Mar 30, 2009
We all got spanked, no criminals. And no criminal children. Polite and helpful.
Friend

Columbia, TN

#12 Mar 30, 2009
Trash Man wrote:
We all got spanked, no criminals. And no criminal children. Polite and helpful.
That is the very reason you are Trash, Man.

I got spankings too, but I remember that is the reason, I was afraid to go to school.
I never did like beatings by the coach as he keap telling me, he was going to make it harder each time and he beat my but off.
I still remember him too.
I got blamed for lots of things I did not do for once they get it in for you.
Thats what happens to you.
That the reason I can't spell, and my bet he's in hellor jail.
Oh well, that is past Trash.
Bess

Sweetwater, TN

#13 Mar 30, 2009
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the very reason you are Trash, Man.
I got spankings too, but I remember that is the reason, I was afraid to go to school.
I never did like beatings by the coach as he keap telling me, he was going to make it harder each time and he beat my but off.
I still remember him too.
I got blamed for lots of things I did not do for once they get it in for you.
Thats what happens to you.
That the reason I can't spell, and my bet he's in hellor jail.
Oh well, that is past Trash.
Good point, Friend. Not every child responds the same way to spankings. Some, you can spank once and just the threat of another will keep them in line. Others, you can spank every day and they'll never change, only get worse.
I agree with you when it comes to taking away privileges and rewarding good behavior. Seems to work on almost all children.
NAH

United States

#14 Mar 30, 2009
pressure and release...just like the horses. Let go when the outcome is good...hold tight when it is not!
Friend

Nashville, TN

#15 Mar 30, 2009
NAH wrote:
pressure and release...just like the horses. Let go when the outcome is good...hold tight when it is not!
So bite their ear, is that right?

Horse Whisperer.

Change your horse’s mind when on the verge of 'melting down', like a child on the verge of a tantrum. Pull the horse’s mind away from that problem by distracting in the opposite direction.
One Time

College Grove, TN

#16 Mar 30, 2009
and if the child breaks his leg you can put it down...jk just a joke dont get all crazy
Friend

Nashville, TN

#17 Mar 30, 2009
Much of the change in attitude stems from research suggesting that paddling is particularly harmful to elementary-school children, who also are the most likely to be spanked. A new study contends that such punishment may be counterproductive for school officials trying to focus children on their studies.

Murray A. Straus, who co-directs the Family Research Laboratory at the University of New Hampshire, tested 622 children ages 5 and 6 across the country. Those who were spanked by parents scored lower on a standardized exam when tested again two years later, he said.

Straus speculates that learning slows because spankings can cause stress on children's developing brains. He hopes the American public, now obsessed with standardized test scores, takes his study seriously.

"People do say,'I was spanked and I'm OK' and they're not lying," Straus said. "But it's like smokers saying,'I smoked all my life and I don't have lung cancer.' It ignores the fact there are lots of people who do."
NAH

United States

#18 Mar 31, 2009
no bite!...just reward good behavior...keep the pressure on when it is bad.

I was spanked in cristian school one time for wearing shorts to school under my skirt...I lifted my skirt on the ballfield...(girls only there) to show my friend. I was taken back to the office and spanked. Now, I don't think that was just cause to hit me...the lady that spanked me? She was the preachers wife...her children went on to be heavy drug users. I have never taken drugs in my life!(I do like a cold beer on Friday night)..tee hee...

Anyway, let the punishment fit the crime. And reward all that is good. Sooner or later they figure out with consistant leadership what is expected of them in society....at least we all have that same hope!
Friend

Nashville, TN

#19 Mar 31, 2009
I believe in caring, asking, listening, feeling, explaining, learning, understanding, forgiving, forgetting, and loving.
Honor Grad Mom

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Mar 31, 2009
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think the Bible meant for a stranger to raise their hand to another person’s child only in defense?
Also what if you have a 15-16 year old girl and a teacher pervert authority figure calls her in a room say she has a short dress on and he spankers her as to watch the dress fly or intimidate her and see what he can or tapes and sells the video.
We are becoming a society as to give freedom and authority too strangers and others as neglecting our responsibility as being good parents ourselves.
Why do children not have the same rights as adults, hit another man and be charged with assault.
Then we all wonder why children don't like school are we all Idiots.
If it is at school, it isn't a stranger. You expect teachers to teach the standards, teach morals because you didn't, prepare them for the world, comfort them when they are hurting, recognize their problems, and you call teachers strangers. Teachers aren't strangers. You'd be surprised how much teachers know about kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men who share? 44 min Jesus saves 14
Trump, YOUR FIRED! 3 hr moonshiner 22
Trump Goofs Again! 5 hr Dump Trump 1
ROGER UTTERBACK arrested for murder (Apr '13) Sun Youaredumb 13
Freezing children Jan 19 U R an idiot 11
Vanderpunk Jan 18 Vols 2
Trump the Lyin' King Jan 18 Dump Trump 8

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance