Remember The Sabbath Day to Keep It Holy

Remember The Sabbath Day to Keep It Holy

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Open Eyes

Columbia, TN

#2 Nov 13, 2013
Considering you mentioned 'Sabbath Keepers' you must be a Seventh-Day Adventist. The Seventh-Day Adventist church is everything a cult is in understanding Christian cults. As a Christian, one only has to ask themselves why ALL the other Christian organizations in the whole world consider them a cult? Those who don't recognize it are considered brainwashed and/or have a lack of understanding or knowledge of the bible. They dupe their followers, or at least the ignorant ones that stay. Jesus warned of false teachers. Considering they got their start 1800 years AFTER Christ died, you have to ask yourself, how could the rest of the Christian world since Jesus himself was present get it wrong and now they suddenly have it right? They don't. This all happened because a Baptist minister named William Miller was convinced that Jesus was coming sometime between 1843 and 1844. He got it wrong. BIG RED FLAG!! You can't second guess God. And they didn't stop there!

All it takes is a little research and understanding the bible to reach the conclusion that this group is nothing but an evil cult.

Give this up! Repent while you have time! It is evil to spread false teachings. But you will get what is coming to you if you don't turn away.
Lost and found

Fairview, NC

#3 Nov 13, 2013
sabbath wrote:
Did you forget something?
Did you ever forget part of something?
Did you know something and still ignored it?
Did you let the world see you as unfaithful? unloving?
Did you go along with the world and lose your guidance?
Did you forget something?
Someone hasn't forgotten you and that is you.
Who made you?
Who gave you guidance to remember?
Choices other than Sabbath Day and unholy were not given.
You remember to put food on your plate.
You remember to use a fork or spoon or knife.
You remember what foods are unclean.
You remember to walk, run or ride in your waking hours.
What you remember today, will you remember tomorrow?
What does your inner spirit tell you, tonight?
Husbands? Love your wives.
Wives? Love your husbands.
Children? Your children are watching your every move.
This city had Sabbath Keepers who have fallen by the wayside and recovered.
What happened to you? Sounds like you're still on the wayside. To much drinky drinky? Your poem sounds a little drunk. Makes about as much sense as nailing jello to a tree.
nightshadow

United States

#4 Nov 17, 2013
You all are in denial god this god that...every last one of you are rejects of god go to church keep Satan happy you fools you claim to be godly but we know the truth don't we? Fairy tales is what you chase..oh by the way yes I believe there is a god...but he can keep his dictator rules....keep sabbath day holy lol....oh btw Saturday is the day not Sunday lol but then you believe in Xmas too so go figure lol
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#5 Nov 18, 2013
nightshadow wrote:
You all are in denial god this god that...every last one of you are rejects of god go to church keep Satan happy you fools you claim to be godly but we know the truth don't we? Fairy tales is what you chase..oh by the way yes I believe there is a god...but he can keep his dictator rules....keep sabbath day holy lol....oh btw Saturday is the day not Sunday lol but then you believe in Xmas too so go figure lol
Of course you do understand you don't have all the answers. You only think you do based on what you think you know. I always find it amazing that people like you forget those "Oh wow, I didn't see that coming" moments we get when we discover we were wrong about something we were so positive we were right about. This may be another one of those cases for you. I wish you well.
nightshadow

Greenville, SC

#6 Nov 18, 2013
Sabbath is Saturday do your homework...your god said keep it holy...not change it to another day..like you have the answers... I think not.. yes you believe what you near in church...and what your mom and dad taught unless got speaks to you but highly doubt it being he too busy letting children die everyday of go hungry or homeless shall o continue but of course you gonna blame Satan but if that the case god could stop it right?? And do you put god before your own child
Another Christian

Monroe, NC

#7 Nov 18, 2013
nightshadow wrote:
Sabbath is Saturday do your homework...your god said keep it holy...not change it to another day..like you have the answers... I think not.. yes you believe what you near in church...and what your mom and dad taught unless got speaks to you but highly doubt it being he too busy letting children die everyday of go hungry or homeless shall o continue but of course you gonna blame Satan but if that the case god could stop it right?? And do you put god before your own child
And where you fail is in your knowledge. The Sabbath is strictly Jewish, not Christian. The Sabbath actually begins at sunset on Friday night, and ends at sunset Saturday night, but only for the Jew. what you are referring to is what it says in the Old Testament. I don't believe what I hear in church, I believe what I read in my Bible. I check what other people say in church to make sure what they say is correct.

God does not allow little children to die. little children die because it is a part of living. we live by what is called free will. Diseases happen, accidents happen, people died.If God stopped all that for us we would no longer be who we are. And we would be in paradise. But we are not. we are still the same evil people we have been since we were given that chance. This is not Satan acting, it is mankind. I do not put God ahead of my child in the sense you are referring to. My God expect me in commands me to take care of my child or any child as if it were my own.

You have some very strange ideas about God Christianity. I don't I know where you got them from but they are wrong.
nightshadow

Arlington, TX

#8 Nov 18, 2013
Well maybe I am maybe I ain't but I respect that you have not once judged me and I will say fare well to you now live and let live
Another Christian

Lake Charles, LA

#9 Nov 18, 2013
nightshadow wrote:
Well maybe I am maybe I ain't but I respect that you have not once judged me and I will say fare well to you now live and let live
May you find peace.
Jarred

Round Rock, TX

#10 Nov 29, 2013
The jewish sabbath is not jewish. The sabbath day is for ALL mankind. Yeshua said Mark 2:27 And He said to them,“The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. 28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

It clearly teaches that sabbat was made for man for all people not just for jews. We have to be covering b not removing anything from the Word of God or add to the Word of God.
Jarred

Round Rock, TX

#11 Nov 29, 2013
I mean we have to not remove anything from the Word of God.
Jarred

Round Rock, TX

#12 Nov 29, 2013
careful^
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#14 Nov 29, 2013
Jarred wrote:
The jewish sabbath is not jewish. The sabbath day is for ALL mankind. Yeshua said Mark 2:27 And He said to them,“The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. 28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”
It clearly teaches that sabbat was made for man for all people not just for jews. We have to be covering b not removing anything from the Word of God or add to the Word of God.
Are you talking about the 'LAW' or the meaning? The Law IS for the Jews, however the meaning is not. What did Jesus mean when he said "the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath"? Before he said that he said, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Jesus shows an important principle - human need is more important than religious ritual. What God really wants is mercy before sacrifice. Instead of worrying about what the Sabbath means, we should be worried about Salvation first.

The second principle is even more dramatic - Jesus declares that He is the Lord of the Sabbath. If He, the very Lord of the Sabbath, was not offended by His disciple's actions (His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain), then these sideline critics should not have been either.

There is a distinct difference between 'Jewish Law' and what God's true expectations are. This was the whole reason of Jesus and was foretold long before. And here we are again today, attempting to make ritual more meaningful than mercy and Salvation.
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#15 Nov 29, 2013
Mae wrote:
Good Jarred!
What was good, Mae?
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#17 Nov 29, 2013
Mae wrote:
Jarred wrote, "It clearly teaches that sabbat was made for man for all people not just for jews."
I try to keep the Sabbath.
I'm sorry. I follow Jesus, not Jarred. Jarred is not my Savior.

You keep the Sabbath Mae??? Yeah, right. Don't make me laugh. Do you even know what that means? To keep the Sabbath? God said keep it Holy, not follow some sort of list of rules. Holy as in in your heart.

What is keeping the Sabbath? If you keep the Sabbath as it is written in the Law, then do you light candles and recite the blessing? Do you recite the kiddush over two loaves of challah? Do you close the Sabbath, the following evening, with a havdalah blessing? Do you really know what the Sabbath and keeping it really means??? From the Old Testament? I don't think so. This is exactly why Jesus got onto the Pharisees: They abused it with rituals and violating them as well. Hypocrites! Not my words, but Jesus'!

The work you are not allowed to do includes: plowing earth, sowing, reaping, binding sheaves, threshing, winnowing, selecting, grinding, sifting, kneading, baking, shearing wool, washing wool, beating wool, dyeing wool, spinning, weaving, making two loops, weaving two threads, separating two threads, tying, untying, sewing stitches, tearing, trapping, slaughtering, flaying, tanning, scraping hide, marking hide, cutting hide to shape, writing two or more letters, erasing two or more letters, building, demolishing, extinguishing a fire, kindling a fire, putting the finishing touch on an object, and transporting an object (between private and public domains, or over 4 cubits within public domain).

These apply different ways today, such as using a stove versus building a fire. Same difference.

So, you can't travel further than about 200 feet, you can't write (use the computer), or fix on your home (even a leak), you can't turn the heat on or off (even if you are cold), no art projects, no sewing or mending, no baking or cooking on a stove (making a fire).

Are these the things you follow?? If not, then you are not following any sort of Sabbath and you are just a hypocrite like the Pharisees. But Jesus knows you can’t do this and live properly and he doesn’t expect you to.

Jesus was clear about how God feels about it because he and his disciples did not follow those rituals. Jesus proved that the Teachers/Pharisees violated their own rituals, most likely just like you do. So what is the point?

Your Sabbath is in Jesus. Jesus was very clear on what was important concerning the commandments, of which keeping the Sabbath Holy is the third.

Here is what Jesus said in Matthew 19 about the commandments:“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied.“There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
“Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied,“‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Did you see anything there about keeping the Sabbath? Do you read ANYTHING ANYWHERE about Jesus telling you to follow the Sabbath using the above listed rules? No. Did Jesus punish or ridicule his own disciples for not following those rules listed above? No. In fact he defended them when they did violate those so-called rules. So why would Jesus not do the same for you and me?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#18 Nov 29, 2013
One day, one hour, one minute....none is more "holy" than any other day, hour, or minute.

What a silly idea.
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#19 Nov 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
One day, one hour, one minute....none is more "holy" than any other day, hour, or minute.
What a silly idea.
For you.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#20 Nov 30, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
For you.
For the non-delusional, rational people... yes.

For those who want to believe they have an invisible superbeing daddy/friend... sadly, no.
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#23 Nov 30, 2013
Mae wrote:
I can count the days in a week. The seventh day is never any other day than the seventh day. God made the Sabbath Day to be kept HOLY. Look over the 10 Commandments. The things humans are not to do and they do it anyway. I tell you right now, it hurts to see things in this world and GOD is in charge. Heaven and Earth has not passed away. The Sabbath Day remains. To not be with GOD and LISTEN to HIM, is vulgar as adultery in my eyes.
This is the Sabbath. It is alright to do good on this day. I verbally spoke GOD ALMIGHTY in knowing him and giving birth on a weekly Sabbath, before seeing my darling brown eyed girl.
I have tried off and on in keeping the Sabbath before and during my marriage. When I get a vehicle, I know a place to worship with others. God sets the times and season for all things.
Well, there you go again, Mae, running off down the unbeaten path. I told you once what Jesus said about the Sabbath. Doesn’t what he say count? Or do you ignore what the Son of God says? What do you do to keep the Sabbath Holy? Why do you do it? If you say you do it because God commanded it in the Old Testament, why do you not do ALL the other things he commanded? That makes you as much of a hypocrite as the Pharisees.

John 5:16 says,“So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him.”

So if Jesus was doing things that the Pharisees said were not in keeping the Sabbath Holy, who was wrong? The Pharisees or Jesus?

In John 9:16 Some of the Pharisees said,“This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.”

But how can this be? Why didn’t Jesus keep the Sabbath? And if Jesus didn’t keep the Sabbath why do you? Because you do not understand what the Sabbath is. You are a hypocrite because you insist on something you can’t do and hold against others.
Lost and found

Easley, SC

#24 Nov 30, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
For the non-delusional, rational people... yes.
For those who want to believe they have an invisible superbeing daddy/friend... sadly, no.
I find it humorous how you equate the belief of God with being delusional. People clinically diagnosed as irrational delusional are considered so throughout their whole being, not just with a single aspect. These are people with their own personal form of delusion in the context of neurological or mental illness. That is not the same thing as a mass of people who believe in the same thing such as God. God is a concept that is well defined and understood by many, despite those who refuse to accept that concept. That does not make them delusional.

As with any group or subset of people, there are ‘believers’ who have been diagnosed as delusional. They may see things or hear voices that tell them to do irrational things. So you see, you are in error with your understanding of what it means to be irrational/delusional. 

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#25 Nov 30, 2013
"Delusional:.
1.having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions: Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.

2.
Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness: He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him."
----------

"A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.[1] As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception".
----------

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it's called insanity.
When many suffer from a delusion, it's called religion."
...Robert M. Pirsig
----------

I stand by my statement.
Adults who have an imaginary parent/friend are suffering from a delusion.
They reject reason because they wish to believe a fantasy and that is irrational.
Are you trying to say that they are just "confused" or "mistaken?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In search of,.. Fri Just me 2
Convenience Stores (Jul '07) Jul 20 Waka 6
mike waggoner Jul 19 PAC MAN 26
speed limits in town Jul 18 the return of goo... 12
Stan McNabb Ford Jul 18 shuck that fit 8
mes Jul 18 Fireworks Girl 14
new2town (Aug '07) Jul 18 What time 9

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages