kicked everyone out
millie williams

Columbia, TN

#1 Apr 14, 2013
millie how could you kick all those folks out without any notice, and fire those workers who last week just ask was it true that you were going to sell the place, you told us no, then walked in and told us to get out without any notice or any pay, millie you lie to folks and sold to out of town indians and those who live here got jacked out of a job and home. thanks bill and mille
Ralph

Chapel Hill, TN

#2 Apr 14, 2013
millie williams wrote:
millie how could you kick all those folks out without any notice, and fire those workers who last week just ask was it true that you were going to sell the place, you told us no, then walked in and told us to get out without any notice or any pay, millie you lie to folks and sold to out of town indians and those who live here got jacked out of a job and home. thanks bill and mille
Maybe you could use the time off to go back to school and take a couple of basic English classes. It's not like nobody knew they were selling so I'd say lack of preparation on your part.
Boo hoo

Lawrenceburg, TN

#3 Apr 14, 2013
millie williams wrote:
You have the right to buy and sell what you own don't you? Why not them? This is part of what is called Capitalism. This happens everyday to many people, but they pick themselves up and move on. You should do the same. This is also a right to work state, they don't have to give you notice and if they did, they would have to put up with who knows what until the last day. This never happens with Union jobs because the company HAS to give 60-90 day notice. But y'all don't like Unions down here so this is what you get in return. Bunch of cry babies if you ask me.
laughing

United States

#4 Apr 14, 2013
Boo hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the right to buy and sell what you own don't you? Why not them? This is part of what is called Capitalism. This happens everyday to many people, but they pick themselves up and move on. You should do the same. This is also a right to work state, they don't have to give you notice and if they did, they would have to put up with who knows what until the last day. This never happens with Union jobs because the company HAS to give 60-90 day notice. But y'all don't like Unions down here so this is what you get in return. Bunch of cry babies if you ask me.
Thank you Eddie Roberts. You have taught your flunkies well. For all of you on here I know for a fact that Mr. Roberts stays on here all the time and writes many of the comments on here. It has been his hobby for several years now. I'm sure that if Williams wins he will be a good boy and do everything you tell him.
Friend

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Sorry to inform you but she has not yet sold.. She chose to close for personal reasons. She informed all of her employees months ago that she was considering selling, so they all had time to prepare. As far as guests were concerned she made sure that every single one of them had a place to go.

“De omnibus dubitandum.”

Since: Mar 08

Anywhere I hang my hat

#6 Apr 15, 2013
I don’t understand why people get upset when Indians buy a business. These are exactly the sort of immigrants America needs - people who can run businesses and create their own jobs.

One of my relatives thinks it is some kind of plot; that if foreigners end up owning all the gas stations, then they will be able to cut off the supply to True ’Merricans and overthrow the country or some such conspiracy theory.

Don’t like “foreigners” buying businesses? Save your pennies and buy the next business that goes up for sale instead of buying that bass boat or big screen TV.
Boo hoo

Lawrenceburg, TN

#7 Apr 15, 2013
laughing wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Eddie Roberts. You have taught your flunkies well. For all of you on here I know for a fact that Mr. Roberts stays on here all the time and writes many of the comments on here. It has been his hobby for several years now. I'm sure that if Williams wins he will be a good boy and do everything you tell him.
Your facts? LMFAO! You have nothing but your psychosis and your tin hat. Maybe you and BL should get together and you can become Lewisburg's new super heroes... make that super zeros. LOLOLOLOL!
Just ask

Corryton, TN

#8 Apr 15, 2013
Friend wrote:
Sorry to inform you but she has not yet sold.. She chose to close for personal reasons. She informed all of her employees months ago that she was considering selling, so they all had time to prepare. As far as guests were concerned she made sure that every single one of them had a place to go.
Sorry to inform you that may be what you were told but that is not what the employees or residence were told.. If it was sold that will be public record so the truth will come out.
Not an issue

Chapel Hill, TN

#9 Apr 15, 2013
Just ask wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to inform you that may be what you were told but that is not what the employees or residence were told.. If it was sold that will be public record so the truth will come out.
It doesn't matter in the end if she told people aliens were invading and they had to leave. It's her business and she can sell, lease, hire, fire at will. It's obvious you're looking to make an issue out of this but there's no issue to make. Nothing has been done that is "scandalous". Sorry, but there's nothing here to benefit your candidate....move along, move along.
lol

Corryton, TN

#10 Apr 15, 2013
if it doesn't matter why are you trying to justify the situation . you are the one who said "scandalous" no one else has. sounds like a guilty conscious to me .. this post is not about the election it is about the way the people at the hotel were treated .. would you keep your mouth shut if it was you or your family member ?? I think not . move along , move along .. what a joke
hotel califorina

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Apr 15, 2013
lol wrote:
if it doesn't matter why are you trying to justify the situation . you are the one who said "scandalous" no one else has. sounds like a guilty conscious to me .. this post is not about the election it is about the way the people at the hotel were treated .. would you keep your mouth shut if it was you or your family member ?? I think not . move along , move along .. what a joke
What a joke you people are. As a fellow business person I see nothing has been done wrong. Those people who "lived" there are the same folks who do not prepare themselves in life and are never wrong.

They are the first to blame "the man" and get something for nothing. They need to remember the ole saying: when one points a finger at someone there are 3 others pointing back at them. The same people think "woe is me",or "someone help me because I was wronged, again" or "they are doing it to me again" types.

They need to grow up and take on some responsibility for themselves. These are things their parents should of taught them but it is obvious that they are from a long line of same thinking people and they surround themselves with the same ...so they are not going to learn from others anytime soon. We seem to have a bunch of these types in our area, wonder why? maybe, What's the old saying: Birds of a feather........
Y R U so dumb

Lawrenceburg, TN

#12 Apr 15, 2013
lol wrote:
I agree with "Not an issue" there is nothing scandalous. No one is attempting to "justify" the situation except to offer up their respected opinion. Those who think anyone was done wrong, it was said they had ample warning and all found another place to live. Let's face it, they are not apartments, but motel rooms rented for whatever time frame allotted by the owners. Anyone who rents a room at a motel must know the day can come when they will no longer be offered rental. Why is that so hard for you knuckleheads to grasp?(Side note: I can't vote for any Mayor so I couldn't care less about that).
Good Business

Chapel Hill, TN

#13 Apr 15, 2013
Agnostic and Proud wrote:
I don’t understand why people get upset when Indians buy a business. These are exactly the sort of immigrants America needs - people who can run businesses and create their own jobs.
One of my relatives thinks it is some kind of plot; that if foreigners end up owning all the gas stations, then they will be able to cut off the supply to True ’Merricans and overthrow the country or some such conspiracy theory.
Don’t like “foreigners” buying businesses? Save your pennies and buy the next business that goes up for sale instead of buying that bass boat or big screen TV.
Perhaps it is that they are denied the tax advantages of the "foreigners."

From the Federal Government, the New Market Tax Credit program has been expanded to include investments in minority business. This program, known as the NMTC, awards a credit spread over seven years that amounts to roughly 39% of the investment made in a qualified entity. The new minority provision opens up millions of dollars of investments for use in businesses run by minorities including women.

Many States have passed a tax credit for minority business also. The provisions and limitations of these credits vary from State to State. Many of them resemble the New Market Tax credit and give tax credits against State income tax to investments that are used to support minority building projects or encourage minority business ownership. As with the Federal programs, minority business can include a business owned by a female in some cases. The tax payer must examine the terms and conditions of the individual State programs if their State is one that offers a tax credit for minority business.
Too much Time

United States

#14 Apr 15, 2013
Good Business wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Federal Government, the New Market Tax Credit program has been expanded to include investments in minority business. This program, known as the NMTC, awards a credit spread over seven years that amounts to roughly 39% of the investment made in a qualified entity. The new minority provision opens up millions of dollars of investments for use in businesses run by minorities including women.
Many States have passed a tax credit for minority business also. The provisions and limitations of these credits vary from State to State. Many of them resemble the New Market Tax credit and give tax credits against State income tax to investments that are used to support minority building projects or encourage minority business ownership. As with the Federal programs, minority business can include a business owned by a female in some cases. The tax payer must examine the terms and conditions of the individual State programs if their State is one that offers a tax credit for minority business.
Mr. E.R. had way too much time ln his hands. Intelligent people are not fooled and know who wrote this. You should be ashamed of yourself for spending time on here.
Y R U so dumb

Lawrenceburg, TN

#15 Apr 15, 2013
Good Business wrote:
<quoted text>
If don't like the tax rules/codes, then lobby your legislators to seek change, but that is not the fault of those who take advantage of it. Just like you and me, we take advantage of cutbacks whenever and wherever we can. Buying a product and someone offers you $50 bucks off, are you going to say no? Neither are they. Welcome to America! Land of the free. Get off you dead a$$ and learn how to make money with someone else's money. Those who are whining are those who can't. Can't do it, can't handle it, can't do anything but bellyache about it. Tough sh!t dumba$$s! Indians still know the value of family. Don't think they are getting stinking rich either, they aren't. They split that money up to help others in their family, something Americans have forgotten how to do. All you bitches want to do is complain how you ain't got nothing. Well boo hoo hoo! Y'all can kiss my [email protected] a$$. My invested money just made me $450 this month alone and I'm sittin' on my a$$ with a nice umbrella drink on my nice deck, behind my nice house. Hahahahahahaha! Cry about that!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor DeAnn Dalton 3 hr Lifetime lburg re... 6
Dirt Cheap 4 hr thereturn of some... 15
Christmas time 5 hr Daisy Dukes 21
News Calsonic Kansei Adding 1,200 Jobs In Tennessee (Sep '13) Mon hoofbeat 77
Lewisburg tax increase Sun Voter 1
Will MCHS Get New Stadium? (Apr '15) May 28 Grumpy Old Man 56
Mexicans aren't Spanish! (Oct '13) May 27 San Felipe de Jesus 70
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages