concerned citizen

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

The water dept. wants an increase but they forgot to tell that some of the money was going for a 3%
raise.. naturally, Trigg will be for it...He has to do what Barbara Woods, wishes for...She is the on that got him to run for office...Is he the puppet on the strings??? Just asking....It is snowball time...again.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

How does limited income get a raise?
just say it brother

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Get us clean tasting water first.
Oh really

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

We have the best water her in town, but it is expensive .
just say no to the raise

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Was told that the Water Dept. had to have a $10.00 increase in order to pay off some of the $19.4 million they own because water consumption has been down and they need the extra money to make their yearly debt payment. Like the 1st poster, I have been told it is also for a 3% across the board raise for all there employees and even new equipment. Didn't they get raises the last four years and an increase in water rates just two years ago. Bad business decision have been made by the dept. in my mind. I say no to this or any other rate increase! They need to live within their profit margin.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

How many employees are really needed?
oh please

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Mae wrote:
How many employees are really needed?
What is that suppose to mean??? Do you know how many there are? Do you know what is required? Or do you just shoot your mouth off and let whatever drops out of head flow through your fingers as you type? There is no pretext to your comment. You offer up no comparable figures or research to say they are out of bounds in asking. You people are totally pathetic! Maybe you should move to Oklahoma where they are having mosquito larvae come out their taps.
See the Light

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Oh really wrote:
We have the best water her in town, but it is expensive .
Obviously you never lived anywhere but here and if you did you had a well.
concerned citizen

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
What is that suppose to mean??? Do you know how many there are? Do you know what is required? Or do you just shoot your mouth off and let whatever drops out of head flow through your fingers as you type? There is no pretext to your comment. You offer up no comparable figures or research to say they are out of bounds in asking. You people are totally pathetic! Maybe you should move to Oklahoma where they are having mosquito larvae come out their taps.
Why don't they raise the property taxes a bit? Let the council put the money in the water dept. budget.. Instead of adding it to the water bill and letting the water dept. run wild with the money.
Use the money for it's purpose instead of padding their pocket with a raise.. That is all I am asking.. After all, did they not try to sneak the raise in without any ones knowledge???? Except for Trigg....
concerned citizen

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

just say no to the raise wrote:
Was told that the Water Dept. had to have a $10.00 increase in order to pay off some of the $19.4 million they own because water consumption has been down and they need the extra money to make their yearly debt payment. Like the 1st poster, I have been told it is also for a 3% across the board raise for all there employees and even new equipment. Didn't they get raises the last four years and an increase in water rates just two years ago. Bad business decision have been made by the dept. in my mind. I say no to this or any other rate increase! They need to live within their profit margin.
I heard they are wanting to run a water line into Maury county...
What is that about? Seems to me , they are doing some one a favor...Why should the rate payers of Marshall county pay for a water line into Maury County? Friend or no friend, that is the craziest thing I have heard...Hope the council does NOT fall for that one...Guess that is another reason for an increase...
Like I said, Raise the property taxes and let the city control the money...NOT the water department...Since the mayor is for the increase....I am sure he will not mind the tax increase...
LOOK INTO IT

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't they raise the property taxes a bit? Let the council put the money in the water dept. budget.. Instead of adding it to the water bill and letting the water dept. run wild with the money.
Use the money for it's purpose instead of padding their pocket with a raise.. That is all I am asking.. After all, did they not try to sneak the raise in without any ones knowledge???? Except for Trigg....
Sneaking a raise??? They better not of. That needs to be looked in.
No wonder local politics in small cities is considered corrupt.
IF TRUE< They may of been hoping you all can look at it after it takes effect.
concerned citizen

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

LOOK INTO IT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sneaking a raise??? They better not of. That needs to be looked in.
No wonder local politics in small cities is considered corrupt.
IF TRUE< They may of been hoping you all can look at it after it takes effect.
That is what they was hoping....They could sneak it in without being caught. But, some one caught it....Word is the only councilman that knew of it was TRIGG...He is the one that tried to sneak it in...since he is on the water board....playing politics...
The mayor probably knew...and is for the water increase...
That is why they should raise the property tax.. instead of a water rate.. He owns several pieces of property and he can help more with funding the rate... If he gets a water rate increase...he will only be out the 10 dollars month. LET HIM PAY MORE...Let them pay for running the water line into Maury county, as well...Since it seems to b a lot of back scratching going on...
oh please

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Now I wonder what the REAL truth is. LOL! Y'all make me laugh so hard. Like a bunch of little kids second guessing everything. Y'all would cut your own nose off just to spite your face with wanting property tax raised just so Trigg will pay more, despite the fact that so will everyone else. What a bunch of Looserburg morons y'all are.
dirty wateppp

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

oh please wrote:
Now I wonder what the REAL truth is. LOL! Y'all make me laugh so hard. Like a bunch of little kids second guessing everything. Y'all would cut your own nose off just to spite your face with wanting property tax raised just so Trigg will pay more, despite the fact that so will everyone else. What a bunch of Looserburg morons y'all are.
do you speak so other wont?
oh please

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

dirty wateppp wrote:
<quoted text>
do you speak so other wont?
You opened your trap didn't you? You must be a looserburger.
dirty wateppp

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
You opened your trap didn't you? You must be a looserburger.
Yes, Taxpaying, owner and voter. Why do you ask? If you are not from here, what is your concern? Maybe you are just board, unemployed and a just a loser type.
better one

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

in tullahoma tn is the best show this weekend and you can drink beer to.

it is called the 41 a music and arts festival or 41A festival for short.. went last year it will put goat show to shame. it is this weekend look at the line up
oh please

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

dirty wateppp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Taxpaying, owner and voter. Why do you ask? If you are not from here, what is your concern? Maybe you are just board, unemployed and a just a loser type.
Yup, there's that looserburger mentality: If you are from here... When will you fools open your minds to others? No I am not a board, a board is made out of wood. Unemployed? LOL. I have no need for a job. I work for myself and do very well, thank you. Which also proves I know a bit more than most around here who are forced to slave labor for someone else in order to feed themselves. I am not bragging, just making a point. Until you looserburgers open your mind to others not from here, you will never get better. In fact, it is a sign of insanity when you keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. You need me more than I need you, but your pride just won't let you admit that. Tsk, tsk, tsk. That is a shame. For you.
concerned citizen

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, there's that looserburger mentality: If you are from here... When will you fools open your minds to others? No I am not a board, a board is made out of wood. Unemployed? LOL. I have no need for a job. I work for myself and do very well, thank you. Which also proves I know a bit more than most around here who are forced to slave labor for someone else in order to feed themselves. I am not bragging, just making a point. Until you looserburgers open your mind to others not from here, you will never get better. In fact, it is a sign of insanity when you keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. You need me more than I need you, but your pride just won't let you admit that. Tsk, tsk, tsk. That is a shame. For you.
what the hell are u saying??? Why not raise property taxes???
It will be NO more than every one paying an extra 10 bucks on their water bill...I did not say TRIGG would have to pay more....
I said, the MAYOR could pay more....He probably owns several pieces of property... BTW,I damn sure DO NOT need you...Why are you crying over the taxes being raised?
lburg citizen

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that Trigg would be an improvement to the council, boy was I wrong. Seems as if he is the water dept. "yes" man. Doesn't care about the people on a limited income or the average person here in Lewisburg. rich out for the rich.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
760 Illegal Children Dumped In Tennessee 14 min American Slave 1
Walmart 22 min Duh huh 31
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr Zeke 8,964
2 fishermen die @ henry horton 3 hr be American learn English 31
Taxi???? 3 hr Duh huh 7
Who likes Fireworks 4 hr Still 8
Mayor Ligget 5 hr I am for Term Limits 12
Public Defenders Race 19 hr Heifer 95
•••