proud vet

Lewisburg, TN

#74 Nov 3, 2012
If someone wants to know about chain of events when things do not go well in a church they should be able to know for their own good. The people, members and future members, are the reason churches make it today.
none of your business

Lewisburg, TN

#75 Nov 4, 2012
proud vet wrote:
If someone wants to know about chain of events when things do not go well in a church they should be able to know for their own good. The people, members and future members, are the reason churches make it today.
That's the biggest bunch of bull I've ever heard. If you don't go there, it won't matter. If you decide to go there in the future, the same situation most likely won't even exist. The reason any church makes it today is because they worship Jesus Christ as their Savior. It's not a country/social club, it is a house of worship where people go to worship God together. God is the reason, Jesus is the center of attention, not you, not me and certainly not any pastor, deacon, or lay member.

Are you really interested in the well being of that church? Pray for them!!
The Truth Hurts

Smyrna, TN

#77 Nov 19, 2012
Not as ignorant as you wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we have the example of the crap that stirs the pot. But ask away, there are plenty here like this one who enjoys destruction and evilness and thrives to spew their vile on others. They will receive theirs ten fold.
Ah...yes....exactly why Lifesong is in turmoil. Evil infiltrated the church, took over and caused the church to split. This has happened before by the same couple (who will remain nameless on here but are well know throughout the town and cleverly disguise themselves as good people). They and their followers now worship(??) in a private establishment. Little do these followers know, they are just being manipulated and taken advantage of. It's all about the money and nothing else. As far as Rocky and the remainder of Lifesong, congratulations on proclaiming that you are taking your church back. Now that you have gotten rid of the so-called Christians, you can now fully worship the Lord and not have to worry about any more "Stiletto and Thong" parties corrupting the congregation.
yea

Columbia, TN

#78 Nov 20, 2012
"The Truth Hurts", If this post is not written in some way as tongue and cheek, it is one great example of the hypocrisy with in those who claim to be Christians.
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#79 Nov 20, 2012
The Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...yes....exactly why Lifesong is in turmoil. Evil infiltrated the church, took over and caused the church to split. This has happened before by the same couple (who will remain nameless on here but are well know throughout the town and cleverly disguise themselves as good people). They and their followers now worship(??) in a private establishment. Little do these followers know, they are just being manipulated and taken advantage of. It's all about the money and nothing else. As far as Rocky and the remainder of Lifesong, congratulations on proclaiming that you are taking your church back. Now that you have gotten rid of the so-called Christians, you can now fully worship the Lord and not have to worry about any more "Stiletto and Thong" parties corrupting the congregation.
Yes, evil roams like a lion seeking to devour good. You sound dejected somehow. How churches worship God varies widely and has since the book of Acts. And there will always be those who don't feel their church "does it right" and eventually leaves seeking one that does it "their way". Too bad, because they all miss the whole point, worshiping God through Jesus Christ.

I find it odd that you say there are many in this new split being "manipulated and taken advantage of". So either you are brilliant or they are incredibly stupid. Or maybe you both just have different opinions of the situation. My guess is the difference of opinion.

Rather than have a coronary over it, why not just let God deal with it? Why not go to God in prayer and pray for all to have the wool covering pulled from their eyes? And then leave it to God? God bless all deserving of His blessings.
The Truth Hurts

Murfreesboro, TN

#80 Nov 20, 2012
yea wrote:
"The Truth Hurts", If this post is not written in some way as tongue and cheek, it is one great example of the hypocrisy with in those who claim to be Christians.
People were asking what was going on. The subject kept getting avoided. Someone on the inside had to speak up eventually.
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

#81 Nov 20, 2012
Obviously "The Truth Hurts" is quite brilliant. If you pull up the website for Lifesong, you'll notice that there's several individuals missing from their contacts. Why?- because they now have their own church and are more than likely defrauding innocent (and gullible) followers out of money because they need it to cover their own personal expenses.
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#82 Nov 20, 2012
The Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
People were asking what was going on. The subject kept getting avoided. Someone on the inside had to speak up eventually.
And so who sent you? God? I doubt it since He looks down on gossip. That is all this is. And this is all you are offering. Your opinion of what you perceive about others is gossip.

In Romans, Paul says because they had turned away from God's instruction and guidance, He gave them over to their sinful natures. The list of sins includes gossips and slanderers. They are gossips,...though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

The Hebrew word translated “gossip” in the Old Testament is defined as “one who reveals secrets, one who goes about as a talebearer or scandal-monger.” A gossiper is a person who has privileged information about people and proceeds to reveal that information to those who have no business knowing it. Like all those reading this Topic.

So what kind of Christian are you? Or are you a Christian at all?
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#83 Nov 20, 2012
How Ignorant Are You wrote:
Obviously "The Truth Hurts" is quite brilliant. If you pull up the website for Lifesong, you'll notice that there's several individuals missing from their contacts. Why?- because they now have their own church and are more than likely defrauding innocent (and gullible) followers out of money because they need it to cover their own personal expenses.
Not as ignorant as you, since you can plainly see you're the same person as "The Truth Hurts". God is taking notes on you.
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

#84 Nov 20, 2012
Yep. The Truth Hurts is my evil twin.
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#85 Nov 20, 2012
How Ignorant Are You wrote:
Yep. The Truth Hurts is my evil twin.
Are you denying you and the The Truth Hurts are the same person? Also, do you claim to be a Christian?
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

#86 Nov 20, 2012
Yes I am and I was born and raised Catholic. We just don't go around spouting scripture at people to make it appear as if we are holier-than-thou.
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#87 Nov 20, 2012
How Ignorant Are You wrote:
Yes I am and I was born and raised Catholic. We just don't go around spouting scripture at people to make it appear as if we are holier-than-thou.
Then I apologize. It did appear to be a coincidence being both of you are using servers in Murfreesboro.

As for using scripture, Jesus quoted scripture Himself. Was he attempting to "appear holier-than-thou" to those He quoted it to? Or was he pointing out what they were doing wrong against God?

I was raised Catholic myself, but being Catholic is not what saved me. So, being Catholic doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a McDonald's makes you a hamburger. Why do you call yourself a Christian?

The Catholic bible, btw uses the same book of Romans where Paul talked about gossiping. Is it wrong for me to point out that God doesn't care for gossipers in the Church? Or using Romans to back that up? I am not better than anyone else. I am a sinner. I am only doing what He instructed me to do. Are you?
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

#88 Nov 20, 2012
Jesus was holier-than-thou and, although you may consider what The Truth Hurts was saying to be gossip, I frequently speak with other well-known people that reside in Lewisburg who are quite familiar with the goings-on within Lifesong and the lifestyle of said individuals. I was merely reinforcing that what The Truth Hurts was stating as being an accurate assumption. That is not gossip.
yea

Columbia, TN

#89 Nov 20, 2012
Oh no, it is NOT gossip. It is something much more sinister. What do you make of this? "Now that you have gotten rid of the so-called Christians, you can now fully worship the Lord and not have to worry about any more "Stiletto and Thong" parties corrupting the congregation."
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#90 Nov 20, 2012
How Ignorant Are You wrote:
Jesus was holier-than-thou and, although you may consider what The Truth Hurts was saying to be gossip, I frequently speak with other well-known people that reside in Lewisburg who are quite familiar with the goings-on within Lifesong and the lifestyle of said individuals. I was merely reinforcing that what The Truth Hurts was stating as being an accurate assumption. That is not gossip.
Yes, Jesus is indeed Holier-than-all, and I was not pointing out Romans in some sort of way to make myself look holier than anyone. It was a topic of discussion.

You admit you frequently speak with others about the personal nature of other people familiar with the goings-on of a Church family and their lifestyles. If that is not gossip, what is it?

What is your definition of gossip?

Websters says it is casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, rumor or talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature.

That is exactly what you just said you are doing, never mind that it's the same definition as the one God gives. And then you go so far as to say you are reinforcing what someone else said. Aren't you just giving approval to those who practice gossiping? Isn't that exactly what Paul describes? You would have to be blind not to see this.

You never answered my question, why do you call yourself a Christian?
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

#91 Nov 20, 2012
You would need to talk to the host/hostess of that get-together to find out why a gathering such as that occurred on church property. I think it's disgusting and pornographic. The fact that church member would participate is offensive to the rest of the church. If that was, in fact, what was occurring, I'd be glad it was gone, too.
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

#92 Nov 20, 2012
Open eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
You admit you frequently speak with others about the personal nature of other people familiar with the goings-on of a Church family and their lifestyles. If that is not gossip, what is it?
Did I reiterate all that was told to me? Absolutely not. Admit to me that you are innocent of listening to what people say about others....at work...at church....out in public. Do you ever repeat it to anyone.....a sibling....a spouse.....a parent....a friend, etc.? I suppose in that instance, you are guilty of gossip yourself.
yea

Columbia, TN

#93 Nov 20, 2012
"If that was, in fact, what was occurring, I'd be glad it was gone, too."
IF? IF? You do not know?
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

#94 Nov 20, 2012
You WANT me to gossip now? Make up your freakin' mind already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
owner of gravity 3 hr please 10
RIP Dr. Rector Sun SHAME on YOU 13
"Sherriff Office Captain Under TBI Investigation" Sun huh 65
Cornersville (Jun '14) Sun Woden is Lord 41
Black Lives Matter Sun Dr King 13
Councilman Robin Minor Sun who will speak now 7
I'm smarter than you! Sat BETTER DEAD THAN RED 14
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lewisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:21 am PST

NFL 6:21AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Titans have become the NFL's biggest slump-busters
NBC Sports12:04 PM
Titans lead Bucs for top pick - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:21 PM
Falcons hoping for 0-0 fresh start in playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Steven Jackson undergoing further testing on quad