Lifesong In Turmoil
What Would Jesus Do

Columbia, TN

#312 Aug 22, 2013
What would Jesus do wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you do nothing to better the world. If everyone walked away from trouble or problems this would be a much worse world. We are all here for a reason. Would Jesus just walk away or would he try to fix things. What would Jesus do?
Well I don't know what Jesus would do now days but read Mark 11 "The Cleansing of the Temple"
Verses 15-19!
Apple

Lewisburg, TN

#313 Aug 22, 2013
Sometimes there situations that can not be fix, pray, prayer will always help any thing. If my church family does not feel right , There is nothing wrong with finding another one. Check out, ask friends where they go, drive by, drop in, you never know where God may be calling you to!
Prayer for peace
Papi

Newton, NC

#314 Aug 27, 2013
That church has a lot of cheating going on in it and a lot of members that just use it as a dating service and put beliefs in kids minds that scar the and make them afraid of everything in life I would never recommend this church to anyone
No Mo

Lewisburg, TN

#315 Aug 27, 2013
I sat back and watched the "selective hugging" by one leader. He seemed to hug the younger, prettier ones a bit longer and seems with more passion. I don't know if any cheating is going on but I do know one thing, I would never go back to the church. People go there for a reason and they do put on a good show.
papi

Lewisburg, TN

#316 Aug 27, 2013
No Mo wrote:
I sat back and watched the "selective hugging" by one leader. He seemed to hug the younger, prettier ones a bit longer and seems with more passion. I don't know if any cheating is going on but I do know one thing, I would never go back to the church. People go there for a reason and they do put on a good show.
. I understand and some churches get so big that they usually cave in the end because they are trying to run the community this is one of those such places . I was married to one of those preachers daughters one time and they get paid pretty well by the church to save your soul and then they are Hippocrates outide of the church .
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#317 Aug 27, 2013
Glad to see all the judging going on.(Not really). But honestly, just as there are hypocrites in most churches, there are also many true Christians. If you feel the Church you are attending is overall corrupt, move on to another. But do yourself a favor: if you are really a 'truly saved' Christian, then you should be able to figure out who the others are and join their group, or their Bible study class. That is where you will find true Christians in a church. If you think you shouldn't attend a church that has hypocrites and sinners in it, then forget about going to church, but that is not good either. In other words, if you are a true Christian, you have a better chance of worshiping with other true Christians if you go.

As Christians we are told when we see another professed Christian doing the wrong thing, we are to take them to the side and talk with them about it. How else will they know? If they refuse to believe they are sinning, find another true Christian and the both of you talk to them. That is how this is suppose to work, not talking about them and their sins and lumping them all together as if they are acting as one.
brother

Lawrenceburg, TN

#318 Aug 27, 2013
papi wrote:
<quoted text>. I understand and some churches get so big that they usually cave in the end because they are trying to run the community this is one of those such places . I was married to one of those preachers daughters one time and they get paid pretty well by the church to save your soul and then they are Hippocrates outide of the church .
I saw right through that church 4 years ago. It was an empire builder. Normally I would not say anything about a God loving place but...maybe the people are all there and followers of the Lord but as for those who run it, it is my belief they are there for the money and power.
Curious

Columbia, TN

#319 Aug 27, 2013
Is there really a school there? Saw it in the newspaper and was surprised that a church like that would have a school.
think about it

Lewisburg, TN

#320 Aug 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
Is there really a school there? Saw it in the newspaper and was surprised that a church like that would have a school.
Yes, in the past they ask for donations for free tuition for those who can not afford to go to (their) school.You would think if they had the love in them they would not ask the public for help, they would take cuts in pay, sell some property or just solely raise it within the church. What does it cost extra? Food and paper?They think, do it for the children and they will support it.I would not want my child to be taught by any of them.Besides, who gets the money from the tuition? HHmmmm, they do.It pads their pockets, it is a business who gets donations year around from people, but who can say anything bad about a church school?Just think about it.
mirror mirror on the wall

Columbia, TN

#321 Aug 28, 2013
think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in the past they ask for donations for free tuition for those who can not afford to go to (their) school.You would think if they had the love in them they would not ask the public for help, they would take cuts in pay, sell some property or just solely raise it within the church. What does it cost extra? Food and paper?They think, do it for the children and they will support it.I would not want my child to be taught by any of them.Besides, who gets the money from the tuition? HHmmmm, they do.It pads their pockets, it is a business who gets donations year around from people, but who can say anything bad about a church school?Just think about it.
Who can say anything bad about a church school? Apparently you. You sound like you are overflowing with maliciousness acrimony. Stop taking your bitter pills and you will feel better.
brother

Lawrenceburg, TN

#322 Aug 28, 2013
mirror mirror on the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
Who can say anything bad about a church school? Apparently you. You sound like you are overflowing with maliciousness acrimony. Stop taking your bitter pills and you will feel better.
Was what was said true?
In that case you are at fault.

Columbia, TN

#323 Aug 28, 2013
brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Was what was said true?
In that case you are at fault.
Go back and read the comment they made. It was nothing but bitterness, assumptions, and stupid suggestions. Nothing there about anything to judge as truthfulness.

On the flip side, regardless of who is running anything, show me any private school that is not attempting to increase their books either for payment of bills, improvements, and more. Go look at what Universities are doing. Talk about bilking... So take your little fault finding mission somewhere somebody cares about it.
brother

Lawrenceburg, TN

#324 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Go back and read the comment they made. It was nothing but bitterness, assumptions, and stupid suggestions. Nothing there about anything to judge as truthfulness.
On the flip side, regardless of who is running anything, show me any private school that is not attempting to increase their books either for payment of bills, improvements, and more. Go look at what Universities are doing. Talk about bilking... So take your little fault finding mission somewhere somebody cares about it.
Again, Was it true?

Columbia, TN

#325 Aug 28, 2013
brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Was it true?
Are you a Mynah bird? Again, let me type it slower for you, I commented on their opinions. Is their opinion true? It was their opinion. Opinions are not facts. Now if you want to ask your repetitive question again, don't bother wasting your finger typing I won't address it again.
Lookie here

Lewisburg, TN

#326 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you a Mynah bird? Again, let me type it slower for you, I commented on their opinions. Is their opinion true? It was their opinion. Opinions are not facts. Now if you want to ask your repetitive question again, don't bother wasting your finger typing I won't address it again.
It is what it is. What about the split? I don't think anyone wants you to address anything. Are you part of the church? If so, no wonder.
Your blubbering remarks only add confusion and make you look worse. Was that your intentions?

Columbia, TN

#327 Aug 29, 2013
Lookie here wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what it is. What about the split? I don't think anyone wants you to address anything. Are you part of the church? If so, no wonder.
Your blubbering remarks only add confusion and make you look worse. Was that your intentions?
So now you speak for unknown others. Good for you. Don't like my posts? Pass over them dweeb. Did somebody die and make you the Topix police? Your confusion just makes you look like a blubbering idiot. Was that your intention?
brother

Lawrenceburg, TN

#328 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
So now you speak for unknown others. Good for you. Don't like my posts? Pass over them dweeb. Did somebody die and make you the Topix police? Your confusion just makes you look like a blubbering idiot. Was that your intention?
Are you a member of the church?
truth be told

AOL

#329 Sep 22, 2013
i have a neighbor who cheated on her husban carried her boyfriend to that church then next week carried her husband.yeh shes a saint and real cristian hes embarrased but shes not one bit the bushes
LORDY LORDY

Warrenton, VA

#330 Dec 13, 2013
YEH THE BUSH LADY WATCHED MY CHILD. DIDNT KNOW HOW SHE NEGLECTED HER OWN CHILD. THEY R NOT ABOUT GOD AND THE WORD OF GOD. THEY R WORRIED ABOUT POPULARITY. I HAVE BEEN TO THEIR HOUSE FOR ONE OF THESE DINERS AND ITS ALL ABOUT HER AND FLAUNTING HERSELF. KIDS GET IGNORED. BUT SHE WEARS DRESSES WITH HER ASS CHECKS HANGING OUT. GUESS AS LONG AS PEOPLE NOTICE HER. WITH ALL SHES DONE I GUESS THATS THE KIND OF CHURCH THAT CAN WIPE HISTORY AWAY. SHES STILL A WHORE JST GETS TO GETFORGIVENESS EVRY SUNDAY AND START ALL OVER ON MONDAY. AND IF YOU R DONATING TO THIS CHURCH. THEY CARRY THE DONATION BOXES HOME AND GO THRU IT AT THE BUSHES HOME TO SEE WHATTHEY CAN USE. JUST SAYING. YOU R WHAT COMPNY YOU KEEP!!!!!
Hmmmm

Columbia, TN

#331 Dec 13, 2013
LORDY LORDY wrote:
YEH THE BUSH LADY WATCHED MY CHILD. DIDNT KNOW HOW SHE NEGLECTED HER OWN CHILD. THEY R NOT ABOUT GOD AND THE WORD OF GOD. THEY R WORRIED ABOUT POPULARITY. I HAVE BEEN TO THEIR HOUSE FOR ONE OF THESE DINERS AND ITS ALL ABOUT HER AND FLAUNTING HERSELF. KIDS GET IGNORED. BUT SHE WEARS DRESSES WITH HER ASS CHECKS HANGING OUT. GUESS AS LONG AS PEOPLE NOTICE HER. WITH ALL SHES DONE I GUESS THATS THE KIND OF CHURCH THAT CAN WIPE HISTORY AWAY. SHES STILL A WHORE JST GETS TO GETFORGIVENESS EVRY SUNDAY AND START ALL OVER ON MONDAY. AND IF YOU R DONATING TO THIS CHURCH. THEY CARRY THE DONATION BOXES HOME AND GO THRU IT AT THE BUSHES HOME TO SEE WHATTHEY CAN USE. JUST SAYING. YOU R WHAT COMPNY YOU KEEP!!!!!
Well, since you are into judging this person, let's take a look at YOUR post, shall we? You have no problem cussing. You don't mind calling someone a whore, even though what you described is not the description of a whore. You have a total misunderstanding of what forgiveness is. Going to church will never give anyone forgiveness.(You get forgiveness from God by praying for it between you and him 24/7 not just on Sunday). You seem to level a lot of accusations without any proof (you make claims, but you don't say how you know these to be true).

Now, that said, I am not sticking up for this church as I don't even attend it. My concern is that you are like a pot calling a kettle black. Perhaps instead of attempting to correct others, you need to spend some time on your own Christianity. That is if you ARE a true Christian.

This is what Jesus taught: Remove the plank from your own eye before attempting to remove a splinter from someone else. Have you taken the matter up with those you accuse? Have you tried to show them with kindness how they are biblically (Godly) wrong? Are there others who agree with you? If so, have you together gone to address them? This is how the bible teaches us how to approach other Christians who we feel are in the wrong. If you object to this, then I would question how important God is in your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West side fire hall 5 hr Ex firefighter 8
mes 11 hr Agree 2
Christmas time Tue Tru dat 11
Cabe Pawn Store Tue Obvious 3
Dirt Cheap May 23 thereturn of some... 13
bojangles May 22 Looking 3
Will MCHS Get New Stadium? (Apr '15) May 22 Mildred 55
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages