Is Tennessee the Garbage Dump State

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wake Up Tennessee

Columbia, TN

#1 Aug 27, 2013
http://columbiadailyherald.com/sections/news/...

Would people have to admit is that location for a landfill, is much better than some other locations? Is it several milies away from any major populated areas, with lots of buffer zones?

What is next for Tennessee nuclear wastes disposal and storage?

what a shame

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Aug 27, 2013
"Two Colorado-based firms are seeking a zoning change that would pave the way for an 845-acre landfill in Maury County, but the request has drawn opposition from citizens who created a website against the idea."

When companies come in wanting a zoning change you know this is bad news. Let them know, Tennessee isn't their toilet. They may be a private company and you know what they can do. They can get the County, State to work around things even more for them.

I guess they know exactly what waste that will be buried.
If they are not welcomed in Maury Co. will they try, Marshall Co.?
sump dump

Columbia, TN

#3 Aug 27, 2013
Wake Up Tennessee wrote:
http://columbiadailyherald.com /sections/news/local-news/coun ty-hear-845-acre-landfill-prop osal.html
Would people have to admit is that location for a landfill, is much better than some other locations? Is it several milies away from any major populated areas, with lots of buffer zones?
What is next for Tennessee nuclear wastes disposal and storage?
Bring your used condoms to Lewisburg. We recycle!
to the recycler

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Aug 27, 2013
Do you need free condoms? They give them away by the bag full at the Health Dept.. A condom from Colorado could have been on a Shepherd.
My Neighborhood

Columbia, TN

#5 Sep 10, 2013
This purposed dump would be right across the street from where I live. I run each morning where they want to put this waste. This is not a better locaction. There are many houses and neighborhood all around this area. It is still in City limits and only 2 miles from the main part of town. Colorado needs to keep their own watse and not bring it to the good families who live here.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Pessimism is understandable when it comes to a waste dumping site in residential areas.
If they have it, I will have to re-route where I go for medical care.

lburg

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Sep 10, 2013
Don't know about the state but Lewisburg sure has its share of garbage.
wait what

Columbia, TN

#8 Sep 10, 2013
Mae wrote:
Pessimism is understandable when it comes to a waste dumping site in residential areas.
If they have it, I will have to re-route where I go for medical care.
Why? That makes no sense. Not that you ever do.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Sep 10, 2013
In a residential area you would believe that the worst would happen from a waste dumping site.
I have a respiratory problem and I will not go into a bad environment. Shelbyville would be my choice.
I grew up with Chemical Refineries in my neighborhood in Baton Rouge.
Block that project!!!!!!!!!!
wait what

Columbia, TN

#10 Sep 11, 2013
Mae wrote:
In a residential area you would believe that the worst would happen from a waste dumping site.
I have a respiratory problem and I will not go into a bad environment. Shelbyville would be my choice.
I grew up with Chemical Refineries in my neighborhood in Baton Rouge.
Block that project!!!!!!!!!!
You exaggerate too much.

While I can understand not wanting to live near a dump, just passing by in a vehicle will not affect you. You live in Lewisburg which is right next to the biggest dump in the state. The only effects I have ever heard of concerns those who 'live' close enough to have their wells polluted (you don't use a well). But I never hear much in the way of airborne problems.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like having the dump here myself and I don't live anywhere near it. But you don't have to take a new route or get doctors in a different city. Trust me, you will get less effects from driving past the dump in a car than you will walking out your own front door. In fact, you probably will be subjected to more air pollution just riding in a car, made by the car.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Sep 11, 2013
You don't know what they will bury!
wait what

Columbia, TN

#12 Sep 11, 2013
Mae wrote:
You don't know what they will bury!
Yes we do. It is a mandatory law as to what can be buried there and it is monitored. There really is nothing they COULD bury there short of radioactive material that would have any long lasting effects anyway and they can't bury that there. Radioactive material is highly regulated at the source. The biggest problems with these type of landfills has always been the leaching of pollutants and methane gas which are both highly monitored and neither will directly affect you, especially just driving by. You would have to walk INTO the landfill to be affected by anything. These modern landfills are lined with layers of clay and/or synthetic flexible membranes like rubber sheets. Due to lawsuits and more, these companies have been very careful in what they are doing. They want to make money, not pay it out in lawsuits. Have you bothered to do any research?
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Methane gas did blow a manhole cover from a street in my neighborhood in Baton Rouge.LA!
wait what

Columbia, TN

#14 Sep 11, 2013
Mae wrote:
Methane gas did blow a manhole cover from a street in my neighborhood in Baton Rouge.LA!
So what. Totally unrelated to the subject of landfills, and methane gas is a natural occurrence. Again, as usual you over exaggerate everything or make totally unrelated comments.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Sep 11, 2013
wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. Totally unrelated to the subject of landfills, and methane gas is a natural occurrence. Again, as usual you over exaggerate everything or make totally unrelated comments.
I guess you know your trashy mouth goes with your attitude!
wait what

Columbia, TN

#16 Sep 11, 2013
Mae wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you know your trashy mouth goes with your attitude!
So don't come by where I live, you might add to your polluted mind. I just tell it like it is. I'm not making any excuses, life is what life is. How did what you posted about the manhole cover contribute to the topic? About landfills? There aren't any manhole covers on landfills or underground pipes. Your posts before that were childish with wanting to change doctors to another city simply because the other is building a landfill and speculating that they may be burying something else besides garbage that will jump out and poison you on the way by. That is just pure paranoia.

Yes, you do like to toss in any unrelated story or event from your life. Perhaps you are bored and trying to stimulate conversation, or just showing out, but it is rude to do so on someone else's Topic. I once saw a garbage can blown down the street! Oh, how interesting.

If you can't take criticism, don't post.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Sep 11, 2013
Since this is about trash. You think your shitt don't stink. ha ha
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

#18 Sep 11, 2013
We post our own way and our own opinions on here,remember!
Chop and cut anything I say and more shittt will hit the fan! ha ha
what a shame

Lewisburg, TN

#19 Sep 11, 2013
wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You exaggerate too much.
While I can understand not wanting to live near a dump, just passing by in a vehicle will not affect you. You live in Lewisburg which is right next to the biggest dump in the state. The only effects I have ever heard of concerns those who 'live' close enough to have their wells polluted (you don't use a well). But I never hear much in the way of airborne problems.
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like having the dump here myself and I don't live anywhere near it. But you don't have to take a new route or get doctors in a different city. Trust me, you will get less effects from driving past the dump in a car than you will walking out your own front door. In fact, you probably will be subjected to more air pollution just riding in a car, made by the car.
Leave Miss Mae alone. She is just being herself. Now, she's slapping you back. Good one for Mae! No, she got you twice!
dirt bags

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Sep 11, 2013
get her mae

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thugs and gansta wanna bees 6 hr kissmygrits 4
RIP Dr. Rector 6 hr kissmygrits 11
New Deputy 7 hr Melikes 1
Who remembers the Butler Hardware? 8 hr Steve Butler 4
Dollar tree 9 hr linda 3
Councilman Robin Minor 9 hr wish things were ... 2
owner of gravity 10 hr meddlinnpeddlin 6
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web