Review: Ken's Guns And More
Gun Shopper

United States

#113 Apr 12, 2013
KENS GUNS wrote:
Ken here, Let me take time to explain what happened.
This comes from one of my guys I "fully trust", is a good friend and is well educated:
The customer comes to table. We have big posted labeled signs with price tags on the glocks and everyone that knows guns know the larger 45/10mm are more. Somehow a small 1/4" sticker was placed from the 9/40 cals on the larger 45. The guy asked if the price was $550 pointing at the sticker. At first my guy did say "yes" and immediately corrected himself and said it was mispriced and that the 45's were $590. That was the last time the price was discussed.
My friend does not have the authorization to knock $40 off a gun and we never discounted glocks unless a package deal is done. We try to keep prices down to start with and folks drive hours to shop with us.
The guy heard what he wanted to hear and did what he wanted to do with his gun. Later Connie comes up to my section and tells me she is having a problem with a customer who is being a bit irate. She explains about the price problem. First I asked my guy what happened and he informed me he spoke once with the customer and was very clear about the price. I approach the customer while with a table full of other customers filling out background forms and he explained his problem and demanded I give him the price that was on the small sticker because he sold his gun. I told him I believe what my guy said. He then said he will buy it for more at another booth. I said nothing else other than maybe have a nice day.
After he purchased his glock at a higher price he made a point to walk by our booth with it and I said "I am sorry that happened".
He said he was too and he would let the world know. and here we are...nice guy huh?
The folks sitting at our tables all made mention about maybe he should not have a gun and the way his attitude was I don't think I would of went on with the transaction.
We have some of the lowest prices and I was not about to give away a hard-to-get item just because he tried to muscle us based on a sticker which was placed on a gun from another gun by accident or by purpose.(the gun sold minutes later)
We are good, reasonable people and I work with folks but some you just can't please. I just want our customers to hear my side. We have way too many good loyal customers to be brought down by this individual and the poster name "si" who seems to have a problem of some sort with us and others on topixs. We appreciate the kind words from others and we will strive to be better at what we do.
Wow...you just verified everything negative that was said about your business. That's what happens when you respond to this stuff. Best to let it go I would think.
Billy

Lewisburg, TN

#114 Apr 13, 2013
This is senseless! Ken and Connie are just good hard working people! Maybe all of jealous people should just a job so you won't have time to sit on here and whine all day. Better yet, get a real life.
lol

Tucker, GA

#115 Apr 13, 2013
Billy wrote:
This is senseless! Ken and Connie are just good hard working people! Maybe all of jealous people should just a job so you won't have time to sit on here and whine all day. Better yet, get a real life.
and yet you r on here giving advice. Maybe you should take your on as well
GERALD F

Columbia, TN

#116 Apr 13, 2013
I have been a loyal customer of Ken and Connie's for quite a number of years now. They have always gone out of their way to make sure that I am fully satisfied with my purchases. The negative comments I am reading on here seem to be coming from people who did not get something for free or a steal. These are the kind of people who have never been in business for themselves or never been in a position of any responsibility. As far as him replying to these posts, no one I know would sit back and take a lashing and not defend themselves. He did what I would of done, but I would not of been as nice. The trolls who complain need to get a life and probably can't afford 10% of what they say they buy. Ken probably can do withouth their money or lack of it.
Surfer Dude

United States

#117 Apr 13, 2013
GERALD F wrote:
I have been a loyal customer of Ken and Connie's for quite a number of years now. They have always gone out of their way to make sure that I am fully satisfied with my purchases. The negative comments I am reading on here seem to be coming from people who did not get something for free or a steal. These are the kind of people who have never been in business for themselves or never been in a position of any responsibility. As far as him replying to these posts, no one I know would sit back and take a lashing and not defend themselves. He did what I would of done, but I would not of been as nice. The trolls who complain need to get a life and probably can't afford 10% of what they say they buy. Ken probably can do withouth their money or lack of it.
I found this thread by accident while searching for gun stuff. After reading all the posts I gotta say when compared together this post sounds just like the store owners attitude. Maybe that's why a thread on this subject was started.
Gerald F

Columbia, TN

#118 Apr 13, 2013
Surfer Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this thread by accident while searching for gun stuff. After reading all the posts I gotta say when compared together this post sounds just like the store owners attitude. Maybe that's why a thread on this subject was started.
Dude you sound like garbage. My attitude served me fine throughout my entire life. Don't lie about how you found this thread. If the store and I have the same attitude, I would take that as a compliment. If you read anything like you said, you can plainly see you are dealing with folks who want something for nothing and seen the store stood their ground like I will here. Get a life. You are the same guy who changes names with an ip in united states and most likely the same one from belfast too. You are making a fool of yourself, anyone with any sense can clearly see what you are doing. You need help dude, now get going, the surf is up in belfast. Later dude, I have a job to get ready for, ever had one?
si

United States

#119 Apr 13, 2013
I read the posts too. Looks like Ken likes to change prices on folks.
Marine Corps Sniper

Lewisburg, TN

#120 Apr 13, 2013
I know that a lot of people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.
young gun

United States

#121 Apr 13, 2013
si wrote:
You've been with this thread since the begining trying to cause trouble for the folks at that store. You seem to do nothing but sit in front of your computer and try to destroy other peoples lives, do you not have a life of your own? Or is it that sad that you try to bring others down to your level? I shop at Ken's and encourge others to do the same and you sit at your computer and make negative post on this and many other different threads. Ken's is a cool place to shop and the people there make me feel at home. Your words are meaningless to the many who know and shop with Ken, there is always good conversation and lots of guns to look at. Jealous people like you is what drags this world down, you need to take a good long look at yourself.
si

Lewisburg, TN

#122 Apr 13, 2013
young gun wrote:
<quoted text>You've been with this thread since the begining trying to cause trouble for the folks at that store. You seem to do nothing but sit in front of your computer and try to destroy other peoples lives, do you not have a life of your own? Or is it that sad that you try to bring others down to your level? I shop at Ken's and encourge others to do the same and you sit at your computer and make negative post on this and many other different threads. Ken's is a cool place to shop and the people there make me feel at home. Your words are meaningless to the many who know and shop with Ken, there is always good conversation and lots of guns to look at. Jealous people like you is what drags this world down, you need to take a good long look at yourself.
Shut your pie hole. I'm not sitting in front of my computer. As a matter of fact, I don't have a computer.
Read it again

Lewisburg, TN

#123 Apr 13, 2013
si wrote:
Read it again. Ken backed his guy who i probably know.
Ken did the right thing in both cases. I hear & see too many good things about them to think any other way about them. If u cant understand that maybe u dont need to own a gun.
Jane

Lewisburg, TN

#124 Apr 13, 2013
young gun wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been with this thread since the begining trying to cause trouble for the folks at that store. You seem to do nothing but sit in front of your computer and try to destroy other peoples lives, do you not have a life of your own? Or is it that sad that you try to bring others down to your level? I shop at Ken's and encourge others to do the same and you sit at your computer and make negative post on this and many other different threads. Ken's is a cool place to shop and the people there make me feel at home. Your words are meaningless to the many who know and shop with Ken, there is always good conversation and lots of guns to look at. Jealous people like you is what drags this world down, you need to take a good long look at yourself.
AGREE! They are good folks
tnelat

Lewisburg, TN

#125 Apr 13, 2013
Why do some people just want to rip down good people? No wonder we don't have much here.Is it out of jealousy?
I like the gun shop and my boy bugs the dickens out of me to stop everytime we drive by.You know, they say karma will take care of those who do it out of hate and jealousy. It is most likely working on the soul who has nothing now and never will, not even a computer.He must be at the library borrowing theirs. sad, sad, sad.Does he not have friends who are not jailees?Guess not. Too bad,so sad.
si

United States

#126 Apr 13, 2013
tnelat wrote:
Why do some people just want to rip down good people? No wonder we don't have much here.Is it out of jealousy?
I like the gun shop and my boy bugs the dickens out of me to stop everytime we drive by.You know, they say karma will take care of those who do it out of hate and jealousy. It is most likely working on the soul who has nothing now and never will, not even a computer.He must be at the library borrowing theirs. sad, sad, sad.Does he not have friends who are not jailees?Guess not. Too bad,so sad.
Actually I'm renting an iPad from rent-a-center. Not really but it sounds dumb enough.
Tony

Pulaski, TN

#127 Apr 18, 2013
After reviewing the postings above I'm simply amazed. My advice, if you want/need a firearm...GO SEE KEN AND CONNIE! I am a completely loyal customer and won't buy anywhere else. They have both treated me like gold from the moment I met them. The idiotic comments above, are just that, idiotic and come from an individual that I had the unfortunate opportunity to meet in person and listen to his complete trashing of Ken...until I finally had enough and walked out. Just another bitter individual who for whatever reason felt trashing someone like Ken and Connie would motivate me to purchase from the shop where he is currently employed, although probably not for long, considering his tactics. Enough said. Ken/Connie, See Ya Tomorrow.

Have a Great Day!

Your Friend and Loyal Customer, Tony
Abby

Lewisburg, TN

#130 Apr 23, 2013
Not what u think wrote:
I have been twice and was treated rudely by the owner. He said he did not want to sell me ammo and I should feel lucky he was considering it. I told him I would go somewhere else. I left the store and he followed me out and said he was watching to make sure I didn't vandalize his property. It was a very odd situation. Needless to say I went down the road next to the shop next to the bowling alley and purchased the ammo that he said no one had. They had 10 boxes and were very willing to make a sell. That was my experience nothing more nothing less.
. Wrong answer! These are people trying to make an honest living. Why don't you just get a life for yourself and stop trying to tend to other people's business. Get off of welfare, you are smart enough to get a job.
Dear Abby

Lewisburg, TN

#131 Apr 23, 2013
Abby wrote:
<quoted text>. Wrong answer! These are people trying to make an honest living. Why don't you just get a life for yourself and stop trying to tend to other people's business. Get off of welfare, you are smart enough to get a job.
Dear Abby,
Knowing ken, he does everything for a reason. If someone was so hateful they would came on the internet to try to make him look bad maybe that person has problems. If I owned the place I would not sell a person like that ammo either. The owners make the call, not the customers, especially in their line of work.
Hey, just my two cents and besides, I always wanted to write Dear Abby.
a business owner views

United States

#133 Apr 25, 2013
What a joke of a thread. As a business owner who currently operates 3 businesses and created and sold four others, I snicker at the comments made by so-called good customers who have nothing better to do than to knit-pick a successful business such as Ken's Gun Shop. I have frequented their store on several occasions, which is a refreshing stop for me and even picked up some tidbits to better my own businesses. If that is all they have to complain about, I feel Ken and his folks are doing pretty well and should be commended for what they provide both the customers and the community.

I put myself in their position; Anyone can make an internet entry and make comments to make the business look bad. Not one of the hateful comments contain any positive remarks. If all they seen was negative how did Ken's shop and others ever survive and do so well for themselves? I had folks leave my businesses all upset swearing they will never return, just because they,(not myself) were unreasonable. Like they say, you can't please everyone.
tracker sue

Franklin, TN

#135 May 20, 2013
Come one, if you don't like the folks of "Ken's guns and more", just shop somewhere else!! I don't really think he needed to explain to all you folks.
Nice family, to do business with.
A friend-of themn

Lewisburg, TN

#136 May 20, 2013
tracker sue wrote:
Come one, if you don't like the folks of "Ken's guns and more", just shop somewhere else!! I don't really think he needed to explain to all you folks.
Nice family, to do business with.
Agree! Just talk to these fine folks and make up your own mind! This is crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump voters 4 hr Yeags 2
Is anyone still treated by Louis Shone NP of Ly... Sun Interesting 6
Mike "scooter" smith wanted or snitching? Sun Snichs and stitchs 2
Schools need to be closed Sun Flu among us 8
meth bust (May '14) Sun No sence 7
public defender Feb 18 teens 1
Public Defenders Race (Jul '14) Feb 18 bad girls 103

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance