Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

They are hard working, honest people. They are wonderful and will treat you fairly. I would tell any one to do business with "Ken's Guns and More".
Billy

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Tracker Sue wrote:
They are hard working, honest people. They are wonderful and will treat you fairly. I would tell any one to do business with "Ken's Guns and More".
Yes they are just good people that we are lucky to have in Lewisburg.
Marine Corps Sniper

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Something for the whole family!
club member

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corps Sniper wrote:
Something for the whole family!
You can say that again. They have always been nice, I know they have busy lives but I wish they would be open longer hours.
Every time I go in there we see they do something or move things around to better the store.

They are very hard working folks who treat people as they would want to be treated. We always feel at home shopping there. You can lose time in there shopping.
I too am thankful for them being in lewisburg. I know they need to travel to a show or two to make their ends meet but that is OK.

I may not be one of their top spender but they now are my only gun shop since 2009 and my friends.
si

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

happpy buyer wrote:
<quoted text>I was at the same show and did bussiness with them in the past. We bought a lot of firearms at that paticular show and several from Kens booth over the years. The entire crew has been nothing but good to us.

If you had a problem with them, you may just have a problem with life. The dealer you speak of has some of is fair and has good guns at good prices and I am sure he sold it to someone else who appreciates them. If you ask me, you dont think they or any other dealer will miss a person like you. You dont sound that smart either, paying more, you sure taught the gun bussiness a lesson, didnt you? If you are that angry at someone who had the guns $10 cheaper, should you be really buying guns? Sorry, I just hate people wanting something for nothing.
Wow! Did you read his post? They are playing the old bait and switch game. How is someone supposed to appreciate them when they keep changing their prices every five minutes? They sound like a couple of opportunists to me.
KENS GUNS

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Ken here, Let me take time to explain what happened.
This comes from one of my guys I "fully trust", is a good friend and is well educated:
The customer comes to table. We have big posted labeled signs with price tags on the glocks and everyone that knows guns know the larger 45/10mm are more. Somehow a small 1/4" sticker was placed from the 9/40 cals on the larger 45. The guy asked if the price was $550 pointing at the sticker. At first my guy did say "yes" and immediately corrected himself and said it was mispriced and that the 45's were $590. That was the last time the price was discussed.
My friend does not have the authorization to knock $40 off a gun and we never discounted glocks unless a package deal is done. We try to keep prices down to start with and folks drive hours to shop with us.

The guy heard what he wanted to hear and did what he wanted to do with his gun. Later Connie comes up to my section and tells me she is having a problem with a customer who is being a bit irate. She explains about the price problem. First I asked my guy what happened and he informed me he spoke once with the customer and was very clear about the price. I approach the customer while with a table full of other customers filling out background forms and he explained his problem and demanded I give him the price that was on the small sticker because he sold his gun. I told him I believe what my guy said. He then said he will buy it for more at another booth. I said nothing else other than maybe have a nice day.

After he purchased his glock at a higher price he made a point to walk by our booth with it and I said "I am sorry that happened".

He said he was too and he would let the world know. and here we are...nice guy huh?
The folks sitting at our tables all made mention about maybe he should not have a gun and the way his attitude was I don't think I would of went on with the transaction.
We have some of the lowest prices and I was not about to give away a hard-to-get item just because he tried to muscle us based on a sticker which was placed on a gun from another gun by accident or by purpose.(the gun sold minutes later)

We are good, reasonable people and I work with folks but some you just can't please. I just want our customers to hear my side. We have way too many good loyal customers to be brought down by this individual and the poster name "si" who seems to have a problem of some sort with us and others on topixs. We appreciate the kind words from others and we will strive to be better at what we do.

si

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

KENS GUNS wrote:
Ken here, Let me take time to explain what happened.
This comes from one of my guys I "fully trust", is a good friend and is well educated:
The customer comes to table. We have big posted labeled signs with price tags on the glocks and everyone that knows guns know the larger 45/10mm are more. Somehow a small 1/4" sticker was placed from the 9/40 cals on the larger 45. The guy asked if the price was $550 pointing at the sticker. At first my guy did say "yes" and immediately corrected himself and said it was mispriced and that the 45's were $590. That was the last time the price was discussed.
My friend does not have the authorization to knock $40 off a gun and we never discounted glocks unless a package deal is done. We try to keep prices down to start with and folks drive hours to shop with us.

The guy heard what he wanted to hear and did what he wanted to do with his gun. Later Connie comes up to my section and tells me she is having a problem with a customer who is being a bit irate. She explains about the price problem. First I asked my guy what happened and he informed me he spoke once with the customer and was very clear about the price. I approach the customer while with a table full of other customers filling out background forms and he explained his problem and demanded I give him the price that was on the small sticker because he sold his gun. I told him I believe what my guy said. He then said he will buy it for more at another booth. I said nothing else other than maybe have a nice day.

After he purchased his glock at a higher price he made a point to walk by our booth with it and I said "I am sorry that happened".

He said he was too and he would let the world know. and here we are...nice guy huh?
The folks sitting at our tables all made mention about maybe he should not have a gun and the way his attitude was I don't think I would of went on with the transaction.
We have some of the lowest prices and I was not about to give away a hard-to-get item just because he tried to muscle us based on a sticker which was placed on a gun from another gun by accident or by purpose.(the gun sold minutes later)

We are good, reasonable people and I work with folks but some you just can't please. I just want our customers to hear my side. We have way too many good loyal customers to be brought down by this individual and the poster name "si" who seems to have a problem of some sort with us and others on topixs. We appreciate the kind words from others and we will strive to be better at what we do.
Explain why you think this person should not have a gun.
Jason

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Trust me Ken, your 'guy' did not immediately correct himself, in fact he never corrected himself in the three times I asked him to verify the $550 sticker that was on the handgun. Since the gun show I have read several negative posts about your shop. Another thing I do not appreciate your questioning my right to own a permit. I was irate I will give you that, (who wouldn't be in that situation) but I was never out of line.
Jason

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

And another thing, what is wrong with telling others about my experience Ken? If you felt that someone gave you a raw deal, would you not tell others? I never raised my voice, never cursed, or anything else out of line and you question my right to own a firearm. With the way you apparently run your business, I may question your right to own a business licence.
ask him this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Besides the business and gun shows and all that,can you really take the word of someone who trolled, really trolled a forum for over a year, may still do so. I don't know now. But he trolled a topic forum for over a year antagonizing the regular posters daily? Now he wants on here being such an up and up citizen and business owner. But he used to stay up nights telling a specific group in topic how they shouldn't even be allowed to breathe air.

And many don't like that I have a carry permit and can buy any gun I wish but I pass all the background checks and have the money so who cares about their opinion I'd never buy a gun from Ken anyway. I can drive 20 miles and get anything 10%-20%.cheaper anyway. Most times even more than that. Depends what it is.
Jason

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

I've read a few things about him on a TN gun forum, he sounds very shady... Lesson learned I suppose.
true blue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

I bought a bunch of guns in my life and dealt with dozens of dealers and there's not one that's treated me better than the folks at kens. As a matter of fact, I plan on seeing him saturday and will be purchasing another. I spend a lot of time in his shop and like how they do business. The way I read it is the guy tried to pull a scam and ken wouldn't bend and good for him. And for the idiot who thinks he can get guns cheeper in the area, is just that, an idiot. Ken shouldn't even respond, he should know smart people know and like him and his folks. People like ken is why we still have gun rights in america. As for the haters, all I can say is, grow up.
Downtown

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Unbelievable. Ken, you do nothing but give thread and its complaints legitimacy when you feel the need to defend yourself here. If this is your idea of "no such thing as bad advertisement", you are mistaken. This is Lewisburg Small Business? THINK PEOPLE, WOW.
enough is enough

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Hold it right there, that is bull, you just went a bit too far with this family. The family keeps to themselfs and I heard the crap before but was proven a rumor.

If people were doing nothing wrong and someone reportd them nothing would be done and they would of looked stupid.

Most people like to blam others for their own wrong doings, just look at the jail, it's full of people according to them, they did nothing wrong. If you don't have any hard proof you may be looking at a law suit and I would encourag ken to start one.
si

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

enough is enough wrote:
Hold it right there, that is bull, you just went a bit too far with this family. The family keeps to themselfs and I heard the crap before but was proven a rumor.

If people were doing nothing wrong and someone reportd them nothing would be done and they would of looked stupid.

Most people like to blam others for their own wrong doings, just look at the jail, it's full of people according to them, they did nothing wrong. If you don't have any hard proof you may be looking at a law suit and I would encourag ken to start one.
I've heard Ken say that. Lawsuit? Based on what? The fact that Ken is shady and wise customers call him on it?
tuff

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

This is interesting stuff. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Ken is sitting back and gloating. $$$$$$$
Gunless but happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

I'm not even a fan of guns, but what I read, leads me to believe the poster named si has major problems in life. The store owner sounds to me to be an up front and honest person and there are a few people here, which look to me to have no creditabilty want to drag him down and furthermore want to place him and his family in harms way with their baseless words. You cannot sit here and slander someone based on words that someone else said they heard someone else say. Then use words like shady, which was used by the one that looks like he tried to scam him and you called them wise? Can you be more constructive with your time instead of trying to be destructive? With what I've been hearing on the news, I'm sure they have sold hundreds of guns in just the last few months, and if these are the only problems I would have to say he must be doing just fine in the way he runs his gun business. I will think of this post as my good deed for today and I wish them success.
tuff

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Gunless but happy wrote:
I'm not even a fan of guns, but what I read, leads me to believe the poster named si has major problems in life. The store owner sounds to me to be an up front and honest person and there are a few people here, which look to me to have no creditabilty want to drag him down and furthermore want to place him and his family in harms way with their baseless words. You cannot sit here and slander someone based on words that someone else said they heard someone else say. Then use words like shady, which was used by the one that looks like he tried to scam him and you called them wise? Can you be more constructive with your time instead of trying to be destructive? With what I've been hearing on the news, I'm sure they have sold hundreds of guns in just the last few months, and if these are the only problems I would have to say he must be doing just fine in the way he runs his gun business. I will think of this post as my good deed for today and I wish them success.
I just read everything by "si." I don't see your logic.
killing time

Chapel Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Don't have a dog in this hunt but just from the outside looking in it appears most of the posts in this thread are from the same few people posting under other names to support their argument. I say that thinking both sides are doing it. I could be wrong but whether intentional or not the positive threads seem desperate to me......just sayin.....not trying to get flamed.
ask him this

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

true blue wrote:
I bought a bunch of guns in my life and dealt with dozens of dealers and there's not one that's treated me better than the folks at kens. As a matter of fact, I plan on seeing him saturday and will be purchasing another. I spend a lot of time in his shop and like how they do business. The way I read it is the guy tried to pull a scam and ken wouldn't bend and good for him. And for the idiot who thinks he can get guns cheeper in the area, is just that, an idiot. Ken shouldn't even respond, he should know smart people know and like him and his folks. People like ken is why we still have gun rights in america. As for the haters, all I can say is, grow up.
not sure if that was me you call an idiot or liar because I can get guns cheaper but I guarantee it's true. I have 3 shops I buy from and 5 I check prices at. Ken is NEVER the cheapest and it's always worth the gas to buy from an honest dealer which sales at affordable prices. Of course Ken can't sale for the prices of people who can afford to buy bulk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans screw you again 29 min More Term Limits 15
Christian Democrats 32 min Hello 13
Public Defenders Race 40 min Double Standard 80
Should There be Term Limits for local Public O... 46 min Term Limits 6
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 8,944
Where is the best place to get wedding flowers? 1 hr happy 8
air-evac 2 hr good folks 8
•••
•••