VolforLife

Dothan, AL

#27 Dec 25, 2012
Brain dead posters wrote:
<quoted text>
First you were bashing what I said and now you are attempting to rationalize it. The point, as enforced by the above poster, is that we, the majority, should not be penalized for the indiscretions of the minority. And no matter how slow or fast you type, I read it at the same speed. Do you even think before you post?
Who proclaimed you the majority? Majority of what? And since you think you know everything, what is your answer to the shootings in schools and elsewhere?
VolforLife is brain dead

Lewisburg, TN

#29 Dec 25, 2012
VolforLife wrote:
<quoted text>
Who proclaimed you the majority? Majority of what? And since you think you know everything, what is your answer to the shootings in schools and elsewhere?
I am a majority because I have not committed any crimes using a gun and in fact, the majority of our population has not committed any crimes using a gun. A very small minority of our population is responsible for committing crimes using a gun. Got that now??? That makes me a majority. Read that again and again until it sinks in.

I don't know everything, but I am smart enough to know that if we are sensible, and patient we can resolve any problem we have. Just for myself, concerning schools, we can double up on entries to schools. When you double the security, you have cut your chances of unauthorized entry by two. This will work with almost any situation. It really is not rocket science.
my2cents

Columbia, TN

#30 Jan 22, 2013
smarter than ken wrote:
Ken is a nice enough guy, but he does treat people as if they don't know their weapons and over charges a hood bit, but what small business doesn't, he certainly doesn't know as much about fire arms as he thinks or pretends to, I've bought a few from him on the off occasion his prices are better, ether way there are better places to go
I believe Ken and Connie are good people, but I must agree that prices are on the high side. I understand they cannot match box store sale prices, but they should understand when prices are on the high side of market value folks will negotiate. Ken is very dismissive to the point of acting offended if one challenges his prices. He would fair better if he would just smile and say no. Business is business. The seller tries to get the most money for his item and the buyer tries to buy it for the least amount of money. Offending people when they recognize a high price: 1) indicates one is may not be aware of true local market value 2) alienates the customer who may not come back 3) may indicate a tendancy to price gouge (loyal, local customers do not appreciate wild fluctuations in pricing...they can get that from a stranger). It is just not good business practice to take the position of "screw you if you don't like my prices"...please accept this as constructive feedback; it is not intended to offend anyone.
TeachersPet

United States

#31 Jan 23, 2013
my2cents wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Ken and Connie are good people, but I must agree that prices are on the high side. I understand they cannot match box store sale prices, but they should understand when prices are on the high side of market value folks will negotiate. Ken is very dismissive to the point of acting offended if one challenges his prices. He would fair better if he would just smile and say no. Business is business. The seller tries to get the most money for his item and the buyer tries to buy it for the least amount of money. Offending people when they recognize a high price: 1) indicates one is may not be aware of true local market value 2) alienates the customer who may not come back 3) may indicate a tendancy to price gouge (loyal, local customers do not appreciate wild fluctuations in pricing...they can get that from a stranger). It is just not good business practice to take the position of "screw you if you don't like my prices"...please accept this as constructive feedback; it is not intended to offend anyone.
No ones an idiot here. Price gouging is the newest thing in the gun business since the CT shootings. People are traveling to small towns all around trying to buy up everything right now so it's their 5 minutes of fame. If you don't like it travel elsewhere because they have a buyer standing right behind you that will gladly pay the asking price.
Ezra

Columbia, TN

#32 Jan 23, 2013
Ken should be laughing his ass all the way to the bank with the paranoia you all have about a few reasonable gun restrictions. Sell away Ken, make a few bucks and when all of this is said and done, little will have changed for normal folks. And really, if you need anything like a 50 bullet mag., you should be charged extra for your apparent bad aim. Or the Zombie Apocalypse is here....either way.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#33 Jan 23, 2013
wELl hE CoUlD bUy ThEm BaCk aFtEr aNd SeLl tHeM aGaIn aT tHe nExT pAnIc AtTaCk!!!
Yankee

Chapel Hill, TN

#34 Feb 1, 2013
Bought a few guns there, Ken and wife fine to deal with, Prices are good especially now doesnt seem to have been marked up (Obama Tax) due to current scare. Is a brick and mortar store so no the prices are not online ordering. Of course online is all on backorder and Kens are in stock. Not sure what the problems are others had but I will go back. As with everywhere you should have an idea of price before you go into any shop.
A good friend

Lawrenceburg, TN

#35 Feb 1, 2013
Ken and Connie are truly nice folks who have always taken care of us and other local friends. We enjoy them and consider ouselves as friends.
Anyone who has problems with these two people need to take a good hard look at themselves before casting judgement. They have some of the lowest gun prices so I have to disagree with the poster that says their prices are high.
We bought our share from them and they take good care of us.
Our family is happy to have such a shop in Lewisburg. Ken, Keep on doing what you do!!!
just some guy

Lawrenceburg, TN

#36 Feb 4, 2013
i dont know how anyone has bought anything from kens, it packed to the ceiling with crap half of which has nothing to do with guns. he has guitars yet knows nothing about them and they are all ruining, all of them together arent worth more than 100 bucks.
KENS GUNS

Lewisburg, TN

#37 Feb 4, 2013
just some guy wrote:
i dont know how anyone has bought anything from kens, it packed to the ceiling with crap half of which has nothing to do with guns. he has guitars yet knows nothing about them and they are all ruining, all of them together arent worth more than 100 bucks.
I guess you were the guy who wanted one of my guitars for nothing the other day and I explained I liked the look of guitars, don't know anything about them, can't play them but took them in trade from some of the locals who did not have money to buy other store product. You sound a bit jealous and hateful. I like my shop as do our customers. Let me know who you are if you ever come in again so I can tell you not to come back. That will allow more space for my good customers and friends. You must be brain dead if you think they are all worth $100. I do have a lot of stuff and yes my customers love the stuff.
BTW, 2 of my customers play in a band for (I won't say who) but she is most likely in the top 5 of all-time females country singers and they said 2 of my guitars they would not sell...if they were theirs, they would just keep them....but what do they know, huh? Like I wrote in my article last week in the Marshall County Tribune,(Active Times); I appreciate my loyal customers and consider them our friends.
This just goes to say, you can't please everyone and for you to express yourself about your displeasure on a forum instead of to us in person, says a lot about you.
Violet

Lewisburg, TN

#38 Feb 4, 2013
I've only been in the gun store 1 time as I am not a gun person, but I do know Ken and Connie and think they are good people!!
safety net

United States

#39 Feb 4, 2013
KENS GUNS wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you were the guy who wanted one of my guitars for nothing the other day and I explained I liked the look of guitars, don't know anything about them, can't play them but took them in trade from some of the locals who did not have money to buy other store product. You sound a bit jealous and hateful. I like my shop as do our customers. Let me know who you are if you ever come in again so I can tell you not to come back. That will allow more space for my good customers and friends. You must be brain dead if you think they are all worth $100. I do have a lot of stuff and yes my customers love the stuff.
BTW, 2 of my customers play in a band for (I won't say who) but she is most likely in the top 5 of all-time females country singers and they said 2 of my guitars they would not sell...if they were theirs, they would just keep them....but what do they know, huh? Like I wrote in my article last week in the Marshall County Tribune,(Active Times); I appreciate my loyal customers and consider them our friends.
This just goes to say, you can't please everyone and for you to express yourself about your displeasure on a forum instead of to us in person, says a lot about you.
Anyone who walks thru the door should be consider your "good customers". Maybe if you didn't have the need to tell some of your customers "not to come back" you would find a more loyal customer base. As for the top 5 country singer, well I'm calling bull shit on that one because it's not true. Now here you have gone and posted under your store name as a smart ass and a liar. Sounds like the makings of a successful business.
another business owner

United States

#40 Feb 4, 2013
I know Ken and I too own a business. The guy you called b/s on is an upright guy. I know the artist who he is speaking of and wondered why he didn't name her. You are also wrong about everyone being a good customer.

I told a few to shop elsewhere myself. Sometimes you are better off not dealing with them. Besides, would you want someone who speaks bad about you for no reason other than to be spiteful in your business? I am 100% with Ken, trade with him and will continue. Ken should know who I am and I consider myself a good customer.
Rick

United States

#41 Feb 4, 2013
another business owner wrote:
I know Ken and I too own a business. The guy you called b/s on is an upright guy. I know the artist who he is speaking of and wondered why he didn't name her. You are also wrong about everyone being a good customer.

I told a few to shop elsewhere myself. Sometimes you are better off not dealing with them. Besides, would you want someone who speaks bad about you for no reason other than to be spiteful in your business? I am 100% with Ken, trade with him and will continue. Ken should know who I am and I consider myself a good customer.
Hopefully he will consider your dumb azz a good customer also or you won't be allowed to buy his used things. Sounds like a winner to me.
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#42 Feb 4, 2013
I will be needing the services of a gunsmith in the near future and after reading the response from Ken, I will be using his business with the utmost confidence of good service and a fair deal.
customer

Columbia, TN

#43 Feb 4, 2013
I purchased from ken's a few times. As far as him not selling something to someone like the first person said I believe it's his right. And he has told me he wouldn't sell to me before. I asked him about a rifle and he said he wouldn't sell it to me. A relative of mine wanted it first but he had got in trouble so he couldn't get it anymore. I've shot rifles since I was a kid and have several rifles. I decided I wanted to buy this one when I heard about it. Ken told me he couldn't or wouldn't. it wasn't a big deal! He may have thought I was getting it for my relative. What ever the reason was he has the right to do it because they own the place! I have been in there since and bought from them and will again,if Obama will let me! Well if Ken will let me! Great store and lots of inventory!
Violet

Lewisburg, TN

#44 Feb 4, 2013
Old timer wrote:
I will be needing the services of a gunsmith in the near future and after reading the response from Ken, I will be using his business with the utmost confidence of good service and a fair deal.
"Old Timer" you sound like a smart man (or woman)!!
8 Pointer

Lawrenceburg, TN

#45 Feb 4, 2013
Ken is helpful and nice to my family and anyone who enters his store.
He has about anything a gun person needs and if he doesn't have it on display ask him. He always seemed to come up with about anything I asked of him.
The person who has problems must have problems anywhere he goes. Everyone has a good time at kens he makes everyone feel at home. 8 pointer
KENS GUNS

Lewisburg, TN

#47 Feb 4, 2013
Old timer wrote:
Anyone who respond to an arrogant embecile in a professional manner is the type of person that I like to deal with.
Thank you Sir and others for the kind words. It would be an honor to serve you. I don't know what gets into people. I try my best to help out folks.

Please stop in and see us.
Really Sassy

Duluth, GA

#49 Feb 5, 2013
Violet wrote:
<quoted text>"Old Timer" you sound like a smart man (or woman)!!
you both sound like a couple of idiots to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
owner of gravity 1 hr Gravity sinks 7
Thugs and gansta wanna bees 1 hr I saw what you did 5
RIP Dr. Rector 11 hr kissmygrits 11
New Deputy 13 hr Melikes 1
Who remembers the Butler Hardware? 13 hr Steve Butler 4
Dollar tree 14 hr linda 3
Councilman Robin Minor 15 hr wish things were ... 2
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lewisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:25PM
Falcons QB: Showdown with Saints just another game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:55 AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars