Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

We were told of this 7 am and we want to nip this in the bud. We suspect all three reviews to be done by a hot head or his family who have the capability of changing locations. We have too many good customers and and an excellent reputation of doing things right to have to go through this. We have been in business for 13 years and do not deserve the slander by this hot headed family who we took care of way beyond what we were required to. For those who do not know us, I am Ken Tyson a proud retired SMSgt from the USAF and I did not achieved that for being unfair, dumb or dishonest or whatever else the individual(s)called me. We always help out folks, fixed what guns I could easily fix for free and only asked them to say something good about us. My wife Connie is also an AF veteran. We are not a pawn shop and pay top dollar and folks know that and shop with us.

The poster did not give the reason why he had store credit. He had 2 guns on layaway and store policy is 20% of the total on layaway is non-refundable if he does not pick up his layaway which he prior signed and agreed to. This is to ensure they buy what they put on layaway. Most business call it restocking fees. I am guessing well over 90% of our customers pick up their layaways. This unmentioned by name individual put himself in a position where he thought he could not purchase a firearm at that time because of legal issues against him. We were told TBI does not approve any transaction with open court cases.
He came in like a bully demanding a full refund, and I re-explained store policy but told him he could have store credit. He said he wanted 3 magazines which are pretty much impossible for us to get today and I told him he could get only one and were $5 more because I could not get anymore. We only had one similar one in the cabinet at the time not the 3 he wanted. I did say to him I did not want to sell them to him because I thought he would resell them for a huge profit. I would rather them go to other customers. In the past we sold a certain hard to find ammo at normal price and the buyer took same ammo to the gun show and sold for 5 times the amount. We as a business can limit the amount for each customer. We always treated him as a friend and tried to help him several times after he came in the shop explaining to us about each job he lost and why. He never really accepted my explanations because he always blamed others.
Before he left made threats of slandering us and left. Later he came back and I asked him to come back in an hour (when Connie was there). He did, we both calmly and professionally spoke to him and we gave him a magazine and the remainder in cash, not charging him a cent. As for the Academy thing, we do not have a clue what they are speaking of. Our prices are some of the lowest in the state. Where did we go wrong? Before leaving he shook my hand twice, wished us both Christmas blessings. Then, in the night we receive this. Those who know us, know this to be an attempt to ruin our well earned reputation. Ken and Connie
9th CES

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

The first post in this thread is false. That's not how it went down. This was between Ken and I. It's been squashed and it needs to stay squashed. Anybody else want to talk publicly about my dealings? Clear it with me first. This goes for my dad or Ken.
thanks

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

I had nothing to do with the first two posts. I just appreciate people sharing their experiences about shops so I know where to go or not go. You seem like an honest enough guy, although I am bothered by your obsessiveness about what customers do with the items they buy from you. Once you sell something, it has been sold. Why should you care if they make a profit on it or not? That is none of your business.
Nice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Thanks ken for that speedy come back. even though there aren't that many people on this site many of them are sheeples and will listen to anybody. you are not the first business bad customers have slammed on here. and I do believe as a business owner you have the right to decide who to sell what to. it is nice that you give discounts to locals, and they should respect that by not taking advantage of it. when I am in the market for a gun I will come back.
your friend and customer

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

KENS GUNS wrote:
We were told of this 7 am and we want to nip this in the bud. We suspect all three reviews to be done by a hot head or his family who have the capability of changing locations. We have too many good customers and and an excellent reputation of doing things right to have to go through this. We have been in business for 13 years and do not deserve the slander by this hot headed family who we took care of way beyond what we were required to. For those who do not know us, I am Ken Tyson a proud retired SMSgt from the USAF and I did not achieved that for being unfair, dumb or dishonest or whatever else the individual(s)called me. We always help out folks, fixed what guns I could easily fix for free and only asked them to say something good about us. My wife Connie is also an AF veteran. We are not a pawn shop and pay top dollar and folks know that and shop with us.
The poster did not give the reason why he had store credit. He had 2 guns on layaway and store policy is 20% of the total on layaway is non-refundable if he does not pick up his layaway which he prior signed and agreed to. This is to ensure they buy what they put on layaway. Most business call it restocking fees. I am guessing well over 90% of our customers pick up their layaways. This unmentioned by name individual put himself in a position where he thought he could not purchase a firearm at that time because of legal issues against him. We were told TBI does not approve any transaction with open court cases.
He came in like a bully demanding a full refund, and I re-explained store policy but told him he could have store credit. He said he wanted 3 magazines which are pretty much impossible for us to get today and I told him he could get only one and were $5 more because I could not get anymore. We only had one similar one in the cabinet at the time not the 3 he wanted. I did say to him I did not want to sell them to him because I thought he would resell them for a huge profit. I would rather them go to other customers. In the past we sold a certain hard to find ammo at normal price and the buyer took same ammo to the gun show and sold for 5 times the amount. We as a business can limit the amount for each customer. We always treated him as a friend and tried to help him several times after he came in the shop explaining to us about each job he lost and why. He never really accepted my explanations because he always blamed others.
Before he left made threats of slandering us and left. Later he came back and I asked him to come back in an hour (when Connie was there). He did, we both calmly and professionally spoke to him and we gave him a magazine and the remainder in cash, not charging him a cent. As for the Academy thing, we do not have a clue what they are speaking of. Our prices are some of the lowest in the state. Where did we go wrong? Before leaving he shook my hand twice, wished us both Christmas blessings. Then, in the night we receive this. Those who know us, know this to be an attempt to ruin our well earned reputation. Ken and Connie
Ken and Connie are two of the nicest people you would ever want to deal with in business. I bought a .380 kel-tec and a 94 model winchester from them. Very helpful and if I need anything they are the ones I will go to. Ken, if you read this Iam you buddy that we see each other quite often when we go out to eat. Your a good businessman.
Hey Ken

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

How about your opinion if you are still looking in. Concerning the recent mass shootings...

We have the technology to make a better safe environment for all concerned. Most of these types of guns are either bought legally or owned legally. We should have tamper proof rfid chips installed on all guns. When one of these guns comes withing X number of feet of a no-gun zone, alerts can be issued and schools can be locked down. It is a good compromise.

Do you think this could be done?
9th CES

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

your friend and customer wrote:
<quoted text>Ken and Connie are two of the nicest people you would ever want to deal with in business. I bought a .380 kel-tec and a 94 model winchester from them. Very helpful and if I need anything they are the ones I will go to. Ken, if you read this Iam you buddy that we see each other quite often when we go out to eat. Your a good businessman.
I'm not a bad customer. I've spent lots of money is his store. I've sent several friends to his store to do business. We had a disagreement. It has been taken care of.
Big and Lil Bobby

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Ken & Connie have been nothing by helpful and nice to me and my son. We can hang out there all day long and still not see it all.
Keep up the good work, we need more stores like Kens.
Kens Guns

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Hey Ken wrote:
How about your opinion if you are still looking in. Concerning the recent mass shootings...
We have the technology to make a better safe environment for all concerned. Most of these types of guns are either bought legally or owned legally. We should have tamper proof rfid chips installed on all guns. When one of these guns comes withing X number of feet of a no-gun zone, alerts can be issued and schools can be locked down. It is a good compromise.
Do you think this could be done?
Thank you for asking my opinion. The shooting was mindless and we will never know what was in that young man's head. I am not sure technology is that far yet that it could be reliable. I for one have a carry permit and even while in the Air Force in Florida I had a concealed carry permit. With the permit they made an exception for parents who dropped off their children for school while for instance, en-route to work. A lot of parents had firearms locked in their vehicles which was legal just as long as they did not have easy access which was called a 2 or 3 step rule and were allowed to drive on school property with the firearm inside. Many of us think we have answers for what we could do to better protect our children but they all have loopholes which could be worked around by a person(s) who wants to do harm to someone or some place. I wish I had the answers. And thank you to our friends for their kind words.
Hey Ken

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Thanks for getting back, but I did some research and unfortunately RFID's can be covered. On the bright side, with all this talk of gun control, sales are way up! Including magazines. Better stock up.

I guess our best defense is building walls and check points at the schools. As long as TSA isn't doing it, lol. And they need to educate the kids and give them the means to anonymously report what they think. Gun control is NOT the answer! More people are killed on the highways by drunk driving, and we aren't getting rid of cars. My opinion.
Volforlife

Winfield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Hey Ken wrote:
Thanks for getting back, but I did some research and unfortunately RFID's can be covered. On the bright side, with all this talk of gun control, sales are way up! Including magazines. Better stock up.
I guess our best defense is building walls and check points at the schools. As long as TSA isn't doing it, lol. And they need to educate the kids and give them the means to anonymously report what they think. Gun control is NOT the answer! More people are killed on the highways by drunk driving, and we aren't getting rid of cars. My opinion.
That is the dumbest analogy I have ever read! Drunks do not intentionally get into a car to kill people. These people in our theaters, schools, do. You are an idiot.
Brain dead posters

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Volforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the dumbest analogy I have ever read! Drunks do not intentionally get into a car to kill people. These people in our theaters, schools, do. You are an idiot.
The analogy was not about intent. It was about opportunity and means. Every person who drinks knows if they get behind the wheel drunk you have increased the odds of killing someone whether it is intended or not and in fact many do get behind the wheel with the intent to kill themselves and don't care if they take someone with them. Taking away guns will not take away the intent to do great bodily harm, but it does take away the right of law abiding citizens. Taking cars away because of drunks would be the analogy. You don't like it, don't read it.
Volforlife

Winfield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Brain dead posters wrote:
<quoted text>
The analogy was not about intent. It was about opportunity and means. Every person who drinks knows if they get behind the wheel drunk you have increased the odds of killing someone whether it is intended or not and in fact many do get behind the wheel with the intent to kill themselves and don't care if they take someone with them. Taking away guns will not take away the intent to do great bodily harm, but it does take away the right of law abiding citizens. Taking cars away because of drunks would be the analogy. You don't like it, don't read it.
Very good! Now your are an idiot, too! People who text while driving, talk on cell phones while driving, eat while driving, etc., know they are taking a risk while driving, too. Recess is over. Back to kindergarten for you!
Volforlife

Winfield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Volforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good! Now your are an idiot, too! People who text while driving, talk on cell phones while driving, eat while driving, etc., know they are taking a risk while driving, too. Recess is over. Back to kindergarten for you!
Pardon me. Before the grammar police get on here. You are, not your are.
Brain dead posters

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Volforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Really? This is what you come back with? Preschool banter? What do any of those things have to do with what I said? Just go back to twiddling your thumbs and leave the sane postings to us.
Volforlife

Winfield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Brain dead posters wrote:
<quoted text>
I will type slowly so maybe you will understand. You said people who drink know they increase the odds of killing someone when they get behind the wheel of a car. I said you also increase the odds when you are texting, talking on a phone, eating while driving, etc. Understand, now?
People kill not guns

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Just like they all say, people kill, guns don't.
Why should 99.9% of the people pay for what .1% of the idiots do?
Brain dead posters

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

People kill not guns wrote:
Just like they all say, people kill, guns don't.
Why should 99.9% of the people pay for what .1% of the idiots do?
Exactly what my point was!
Brain dead posters

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Volforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
I will type slowly so maybe you will understand. You said people who drink know they increase the odds of killing someone when they get behind the wheel of a car. I said you also increase the odds when you are texting, talking on a phone, eating while driving, etc. Understand, now?
First you were bashing what I said and now you are attempting to rationalize it. The point, as enforced by the above poster, is that we, the majority, should not be penalized for the indiscretions of the minority. And no matter how slow or fast you type, I read it at the same speed. Do you even think before you post?
smarter than ken

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Ken is a nice enough guy, but he does treat people as if they don't know their weapons and over charges a hood bit, but what small business doesn't, he certainly doesn't know as much about fire arms as he thinks or pretends to, I've bought a few from him on the off occasion his prices are better, ether way there are better places to go

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
native American (Jun '11) 37 min horneytoad 20
Walmart 52 min Just saying 10
Should There be Term Limits for local Public O... 1 hr duh 18
running for office 4 hr just for him388 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Zeke 8,946
Public Defenders Race 7 hr Rob-bing the Truth 91
Hillary Clinton in 2016! 10 hr I Care 32
•••
•••