OKIE dokie

Shelbyville, TN

#1 Aug 15, 2013
OK i have had about enough of the name calling and all the negative things said on here about the people who work at waxo. You all need to grow up and act like mature adults instead of acting like little kids and there drama. If you dont like listening to waxo dont listen then. Its that simple! You people are pretty sad if this is the only thing you have to complain about in life. Maybe you need to get a life instead.
Cry Me A Tear

Columbia, TN

#2 Aug 15, 2013
Boo hoo Ken.
OKIE dokie

Shelbyville, TN

#3 Aug 15, 2013
Cry Me A Tear wrote:
Boo hoo Ken.
This just shows how immature you are!
Sad State Of Affairs

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Aug 15, 2013
I am a long time listener to WAXO. I have to say that if you took on the task of trying to keep the doors open, since Sharrin wasn't woman enough to do so, then at least have enough pride to make good business decisions. Why in the world would you put people in front of the microphones who do not have the ability to read. Who is running the sound system? WAXO is such a train wreck now that I can hardly bear to listen in the first place, but come on, I turned it on a couple of nights ago to simply try to listen to Tradetime, what a mess. Get someone that can read the news & someone that can run the sound properly in that place. Geez, Bob must be simply spinning in his grave. This will work itself out before it's all said and done. Anyone running a business, with any common sense, will stop advertising on there, solely so the name of their business is not associated with this place.
the point is

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Aug 16, 2013
Sad State Of Affairs wrote:
I am a long time listener to WAXO. I have to say that if you took on the task of trying to keep the doors open, since Sharrin wasn't woman enough to do so, then at least have enough pride to make good business decisions. Why in the world would you put people in front of the microphones who do not have the ability to read. Who is running the sound system? WAXO is such a train wreck now that I can hardly bear to listen in the first place, but come on, I turned it on a couple of nights ago to simply try to listen to Tradetime, what a mess. Get someone that can read the news & someone that can run the sound properly in that place. Geez, Bob must be simply spinning in his grave. This will work itself out before it's all said and done. Anyone running a business, with any common sense, will stop advertising on there, solely so the name of their business is not associated with this place.
Lewisburg has loyal people and a lot of them will accept less than quality, just good ole country broadcasting. A friend of mine also dropped them but you should not encourage others just because you have an agenda. I am sure they are operating on a shoestring account and the owner has no real money to pay anyone. He probably is giving these young girls a chance in the biz like an internship, paying them very little. They get the experience, the chance, the glamour and a resume filler which everyone can not get. I am not a big sherrin fan but give them a chance. When I use to listen to them, I would call them up and tell Bob if something was not sounding or looking right. Have you tried that?
Seriously

Columbia, TN

#6 Aug 16, 2013
the point is wrote:
<quoted text>
Lewisburg has loyal people and a lot of them will accept less than quality, just good ole country broadcasting. A friend of mine also dropped them but you should not encourage others just because you have an agenda. I am sure they are operating on a shoestring account and the owner has no real money to pay anyone. He probably is giving these young girls a chance in the biz like an internship, paying them very little. They get the experience, the chance, the glamour and a resume filler which everyone can not get. I am not a big sherrin fan but give them a chance. When I use to listen to them, I would call them up and tell Bob if something was not sounding or looking right. Have you tried that?
He is NOT the owner. WAXO still belongs to Bob's estate.
Sad State Of Affairs

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Aug 16, 2013
Here is a thought. Instead of having the public call in to fine tune the audio why not have enough sense to at least take a moment to turn the station on in your vehicle so you can hear what the public is being subjected to listening to, then go inside and make the proper adjustments. I am an old-timer around here and considered myself a good friend to Bob Smartt. At least have enough respect for his memory to not run his station into the ground. He would be so disappointed in what has happened to WAXO in such a brief time. If you're going to do this then at least attempt to do it correctly. If you do not have the proper skills and experience to run the station then have enough courage to face that fact and turn it over to someone that can. It is absolutely pathetic.
say what

Lawrenceburg, TN

#8 Aug 16, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
He is NOT the owner. WAXO still belongs to Bob's estate.
So what does that have to do with the previous post?
Advice

Columbia, TN

#9 Aug 16, 2013
To the artist Ken formerly known as Kenny here is some advice. 1. Get a haircut.You are not quite up there with Duck Dynasty. If you are going to run a business look the part. 2. Dress professionaly. Shirt tail out and looking like you are going to milk cows is not business casual. 3. Don't have kids reporting what is suppose to be a serious newscast. Even the reading of obits is a disgrace to the families of the dead. 4. Keep your mouth shut during tv trade time - the sellers will appreciate it. 5. Don't read the news if you can't read above a 3-4 grade level. 6.Don't try to talk sports with Troy when you don't know what you are talking about. 7. Don't play the same recorded state news day in and day out. We have it memorized now. 8. Have a reality check. You are not the owner. You are a temp employee. 9. Just play music and don't talk. The public will thank you. 10. Go back to your computer business.... Oh yeah I guess that was really going somewhere. That is why you decided to play radio DJ.
Happy Happy Happy

Lewisburg, TN

#10 Aug 16, 2013
Advice wrote:
To the artist Ken formerly known as Kenny here is some advice. 1. Get a haircut.You are not quite up there with Duck Dynasty. If you are going to run a business look the part. 2. Dress professionaly. Shirt tail out and looking like you are going to milk cows is not business casual. 3. Don't have kids reporting what is suppose to be a serious newscast. Even the reading of obits is a disgrace to the families of the dead. 4. Keep your mouth shut during tv trade time - the sellers will appreciate it. 5. Don't read the news if you can't read above a 3-4 grade level. 6.Don't try to talk sports with Troy when you don't know what you are talking about. 7. Don't play the same recorded state news day in and day out. We have it memorized now. 8. Have a reality check. You are not the owner. You are a temp employee. 9. Just play music and don't talk. The public will thank you. 10. Go back to your computer business.... Oh yeah I guess that was really going somewhere. That is why you decided to play radio DJ.
well said well said, Chewbacca needs to stick with his puter business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In search of,.. Jul 22 Just me 2
Convenience Stores (Jul '07) Jul 20 Waka 6
mike waggoner Jul 19 PAC MAN 26
speed limits in town Jul 18 the return of goo... 12
Stan McNabb Ford Jul 18 shuck that fit 8
mes Jul 18 Fireworks Girl 14
new2town (Aug '07) Jul 18 What time 9

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance