Luigi's Italian Buffet

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Outforjustice

Lewisburg, TN

#1 Jan 8, 2012
The food is bought at WalMart, nothing really fresh. The owner claims that the food is real homemade Italian, made fresh everyday. I have never seen even a real chef come to work, and get done with a homemade Italian buffet within thirty minutes. Even more trouble with this place is the workers, there is no workers! The owners children that are around teen years old work for hours during the day with no pay. Child labor laws out the window at this place. The store hours are so out there as well, no one can operate a store being closed all the time. These people who own this store first off should be closed down, they are truly 100% not worth the time or money. Second off, they are breaking the law, it is a class d felony for letting a child under 14 to work during school hours.
So get to work, stop breaking the law, and stop being lazy. If you want to own a store, it is hard work and long hours. Closing the doors early for anything is deadly for any store.
never heard of it

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Jan 8, 2012
Where is it located in Lewisburg?
I missed it

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Jan 8, 2012
it's beside Food Lion. It was the DOG House and then the dummies changed to fake italian food. No clue whats wrong with them. We went to Dog House once a week. Won't go now!!
Get real

Columbia, TN

#4 Jan 8, 2012
Then don't go. Have you ever heard of homeschool? A parent can homeschool their children and they can help them at their family owned business. I have ate their twice and loved the food. I have watched the woman cooking the food while I was at the buffet. She is always cooking something to replenish what needs to be on the buffet. She only cooks a little at a time so the food isn't old when you sat down to eat. They are very nice people. Oh and by the way, the children only bus the tables. They are not cooking the food. This is hardly working! I have a 13 year old son I make wash dishes, should I be arrested for making him work without pay?

“Cheese!!!!!!!!”

Since: May 07

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Jan 8, 2012
Get real wrote:
Then don't go. Have you ever heard of homeschool? A parent can homeschool their children and they can help them at their family owned business. I have ate their twice and loved the food. I have watched the woman cooking the food while I was at the buffet. She is always cooking something to replenish what needs to be on the buffet. She only cooks a little at a time so the food isn't old when you sat down to eat. They are very nice people. Oh and by the way, the children only bus the tables. They are not cooking the food. This is hardly working! I have a 13 year old son I make wash dishes, should I be arrested for making him work without pay?
washing dishes at home and at a business open to make money is a huge difference
flyboy

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Jan 8, 2012
Outforjustice wrote:
The food is bought at WalMart, nothing really fresh. The owner claims that the food is real homemade Italian, made fresh everyday. I have never seen even a real chef come to work, and get done with a homemade Italian buffet within thirty minutes. Even more trouble with this place is the workers, there is no workers! The owners children that are around teen years old work for hours during the day with no pay. Child labor laws out the window at this place. The store hours are so out there as well, no one can operate a store being closed all the time. These people who own this store first off should be closed down, they are truly 100% not worth the time or money. Second off, they are breaking the law, it is a class d felony for letting a child under 14 to work during school hours.
So get to work, stop breaking the law, and stop being lazy. If you want to own a store, it is hard work and long hours. Closing the doors early for anything is deadly for any store.
I am tired of how this place slams new businesses and displays the ugly jealousy every time a place other than fried fish or BBQ opens. We ate there 3 times at dinner time and were there only ones there. Every time it got better and better. The lady who operates it seems like a very nice Christian person, is pleasant, has a personality and works hard.

The children are nice, well mannered and educated. They need the support from the locals be successful. For other readers, do yourself a favor and visit this new establishment. The food is very tasty and we for one will be back.

I believe the poster must have another eating establishment here in town and feels threatened and/ or is just a very rude and hateful person.

Posting like this is uncalled for and the person posting it should be ashamed of themself.

Since: Oct 11

Lewisburg

#8 Jan 10, 2012
50-5-104. Employment of minors fourteen (14) or fifteen (15) years of age.
(a) A minor who is either fourteen (14) or fifteen (15) years of age may be employed in connection with any gainful occupation which:
(1) Does not interfere with the minor's schooling, health or well-being;
(2) Is not prohibited by subsection (b); or
(3) Is not prohibited by 50-5-106.
(b) A minor who is either fourteen (14) or fifteen (15) years of age may not be employed:
(1) During school hours;
(2) Between the hours of seven o'clock p.m.(7:00 p.m.) and seven o'clock a.m.(7:00 a.m.), if the next day is a school day;
(3) Between the hours of nine o'clock p.m.(9:00 p.m.) and six o'clock a.m.(6:00 a.m.);
(4) More than three (3) hours a day on school days;
(5) More than eighteen (18) hours a week during a school week;
(6) More than eight (8) hours a day on nonschool days; or
(7) More than forty (40) hours a week during nonschool weeks
50-5-105. Employment of minors sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years of age.
(a) A minor who is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years of age may be employed in connection with any gainful occupation which:
(1) Does not interfere with the minor's health or well-being;
(2) Is not prohibited by subsection (b); or
(3) Is not prohibited by 50-5-106.
(b) A minor who is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years of age and is enrolled in school may not be employed:
(1) During those hours when the minor is required to attend classes; or

Since: Oct 11

Lewisburg

#9 Jan 10, 2012
(2) Between the hours of ten o'clock p.m.(10:00 p.m.) and six o'clock a.m.(6:00 a.m.), Sunday through Thursday evenings preceding a school day.
(A) If the parents or guardians of the minor submit to the employer a signed and notarized statement of consent, then the minor may be employed between the hours of ten o'clock p.m.(10:00 p.m.) and twelve o'clock midnight (12:00), Sunday through Thursday evenings preceding a school day; provided, that under no circumstances shall such minor be employed between such hours on such evenings on more than three (3) occasions during any week.
(B) Each statement of consent shall be submitted to the employer on a carbonized form provided for such purpose by the department. Upon accepting any such form, the employer shall promptly mail the carbon copy thereof to the commissioner.
(C) Any such form shall remain valid until the end of the school year during which it is submitted or until termination of the minor's employment, or until the minor reaches the age of majority, whichever shall first occur; and the original copy thereof shall be maintained for the period of its effectiveness by the employer at the location of the minor's employment.
(D) At any time, consent may be rescinded by submission to the employer of a statement of rescission, signed by the parents or guardians of the minor.
(c) With respect to a student enrolled with a church-related school as defined in 49-50-801, or who is home schooled in accordance with the provisions of 49-6-3050 and has the consent of the parent conducting the home school, the provisions of subdivision (b)(1) shall not apply. However, to work during the hours identified in subdivision (b)(1), the student shall also present to the employer a letter signed by the superintendent, as defined in 50-5-102(12), confirming the student's enrollment and the authorization to work. The superintendent of the church-related school shall send a copy of such letter to the superintendent of the local education agency of the school district in which the child resides.
(d) If the department discovers that an employer has violated the provisions of this section or has violated the provisions of 50-5-111, by failing to maintain the required file record, including an accurate time record showing the hours of a minor's beginning and ending of work each day, then the department shall promptly take appropriate actions to ensure imposition of the sanctions prescribed by 50-5-112.

Since: Oct 11

Lewisburg

#10 Jan 10, 2012
Sorry this is so long, but there is alot of info on the Tenn. Gov site for Child labor laws. Hope this is an insite to it all. From what I have read. The owners must pay the child to work for them. (not free labor) if it is a Job that another worker would get paid to do.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 10, 2012
Would federal child labor laws apply here to?As the shops shown using children to pick cotton or sew as in Kathy Gifford concern awhile back?
flyboy

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Jan 10, 2012
Folks, we are talking "family" here. It takes a family to start a small business and they are not over worked at all. We eat there and we never hardly ever see them. Please get off this good family who is trying to add something different to the community. Common sense should come to play here on child labor laws for those who comparing them to sweat house and etc in their minds.

They need your support not, and it may not be in this case with the last two posts, but the constant badgering of local small businesses. We were going to eat there last night at 6 and they were closed. We just have to get accustomed to their consistent hours. That is what good supporting locals do.

We ate at china wok instead which is also good and we were the only diners there. The sports page was somewhat busy with the game about to come on.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 10, 2012
I meant no harm.Do not even know where it is.But would hate to see attention on good people doing good local business if they are not aware of possible problems ahead.
All kids help parents in a family owned business in some way,not always seen.Enjoy your food.We need eateries.
LMAO

Winchester, TN

#14 Jan 10, 2012
Starting a business may be hard but that is not the problem if they are using their children for any form of work in their establishment during school hours they are breaking the law. They need to either do the work themselves or hire someone else to do what they don't want to.

If an owner has teenage children they want to help out in the family business it HAS to be done after school hours or on non school days. Also, it does NOT matter if they are home schooled or not, they are supposed to be in a learning/educational environment and if they are at the family business they parents are breaking the law and the children should IMMEDIATELY be sent into the public school system as the parents are not trustworthy enough to follow the mandates and guidelines on education.
For A Time

Shelbyville, TN

#15 Jan 10, 2012
-OhMeOhMy- wrote:
Sorry this is so long, but there is alot of info on the Tenn. Gov site for Child labor laws. Hope this is an insite to it all. From what I have read. The owners must pay the child to work for them.(not free labor) if it is a Job that another worker would get paid to do.
For what is worth, get a degree in law and when you do, tell me why 1st cousins can get married.
ha ha

United States

#16 Jan 10, 2012
ohmeomy needs a foot in her ass or her mouth would even be better ! ;)

Since: Oct 11

Lewisburg

#18 Jan 11, 2012
ha ha wrote:
ohmeomy needs a foot in her ass or her mouth would even be better ! ;)
I shouldn't even aske this: But why? Because I didn't listen to the gossip this forum is so well known for? Because I used my brain and did my research and found the "Child Labor Laws" for Tennessee?

From your post; I would almost think you may be one of those parents and want to employ your child and not pay them??? Sad world we live in these days.
Wow

United States

#19 Jan 16, 2012
I have to give these parents a high five. Not only have they got thier kids doing something other than bein lazy and playin games, badmouthin their country and talking smack but they actually have them working, learning a trade, and developing a strong work ethic for their future enhancement of business future. these parents have it together and are building something with their kids and not for them. We could all learn something good from this. HATERS

“Cheese!!!!!!!!”

Since: May 07

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jan 16, 2012
Wow wrote:
I have to give these parents a high five. Not only have they got thier kids doing something other than bein lazy and playin games, badmouthin their country and talking smack but they actually have them working, learning a trade, and developing a strong work ethic for their future enhancement of business future. these parents have it together and are building something with their kids and not for them. We could all learn something good from this. HATERS
Yeah let's all keep our kids out of school, skirt federal child labor laws, and have free labor! Sounds great
eastern sal

Lewisburg, TN

#21 Jan 16, 2012
trptman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah let's all keep our kids out of school, skirt federal child labor laws, and have free labor! Sounds great
Ge a life fool! I am sure their chidren are many times better than the children people like you bring up. We are probably paying for your kids today.
eastern sal

Lewisburg, TN

#22 Jan 16, 2012
Get

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Captain Ds (Apr '14) 2 min Stacy Mihalek 13
Animal Shelters 2 hr so much is needed 3
2000 gallon water fee? 4 hr laughing at you 34
does anyone know of any haunted places in marsh... (May '11) 5 hr Open your eyes 23
BriAnna Thornhill? ? 6 hr duh 2
Stay away from Lewisburg (Jan '06) 20 hr Does any one Know 13,172
Positive Reasons To Live or Work in Lewisburg Wed Did you know 34
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:50 am PST

NBC Sports 8:50AM
Report: Falcons sign LB Nate Stupar to one-year deal
Bleacher Report11:44 AM
Falcons Release Photos of New Stadium Progress
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
NBC Sports 4:30 AM
Albert Haynesworth to Ndamukong Suh: Do your research on suitors
Bleacher Report 7:22 AM
Harry Douglas: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation Surrounding Free Agent WR