Right to live

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

The time for organization is coming. Time for the worker to fight back for decent wages and fair working hours! The Census Bureau's poverty income threshold level for a family of four is $23,000. That is $11.20/hr! And that is just to stay above poverty! It still takes two incomes at that level to live a decent life, and afford rent, a car, food, health care, clothing, and child care. Anything less forces people to look for other ways to get by, such as living with parents, or multiply families in one apartment (which btw is against the law). The workers have been getting less and less and instead of Corporations paying fair wages and hours, the tax payer is having to lift the burden of difference while the Corporation pays the top management bonuses worth hundred of thousands to several million dollars each!!

Here is a prime example of what all workers need to do:
New York KFC, McDonald's workers to strike

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/04/news/companie...
Right to live

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

btw, the burden of difference is where we the tax payers are having to make up the difference (with government assistance) between decent wages and what the Corporation pays the worker. When companies don't pay enough or give enough hours for people to afford life, that money HAS to come from somewhere. It is called government assistance. Why should we have to make up where the companies aren't while they pay their management hundreds of thousands to millions per year? And that is sometimes just bonuses up and above their salary!!!
Right to live

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

And for all you wankers complaining about democrat freeloaders, you should also be fighting for this. Get these freeloaders decent wages and hours and they won't have any excuse for taking government assistance. If they make a certain annual wage, no assistance. It is that simple!
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

When I was young, I worked sixty hours a week on as three jobs to provide for my family. I am sure that I wasn't the only one who made sacriices to provde for my family.
Right to live

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Old timer wrote:
When I was young, I worked sixty hours a week on as three jobs to provide for my family. I am sure that I wasn't the only one who made sacriices to provde for my family.
And today it is even worse!! You'd have to work 90 hours on 4 jobs, jobs that don't even exist today! So what you are saying is (tell me if I am wrong), "because I suffered, you should suffer too." That's like saying, because I have cancer, you should have it too. What kind of stupid backwards thinking is that??? Why, when I was your age I had to walk to school in 3 feet of snow up hill both ways. And you are probably one the first to complain about people using government assistance. Are you even interested in making life better for others, or only interested in spreading pain and suffering? You are either part of a solution or part of the problem. From where I read you, you are part of the problem.
Havejob

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

I'm just blessed to have a job. I will just fight to keep my job pay raise or not. There aren't many jobs out there. I'd even take a pay cut if I had to just to keep a steady income and health insurance for my family.

Employees are easily replaced lots of people looking for jobs.
Right to live

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Havejob wrote:
I'm just blessed to have a job. I will just fight to keep my job pay raise or not. There aren't many jobs out there. I'd even take a pay cut if I had to just to keep a steady income and health insurance for my family.
Employees are easily replaced lots of people looking for jobs.
So true, and I do not blame you. If you are living above poverty, you are lucky. Frankly, for myself, I would be blessed if I had nothing but God. Still, there are tens of thousands if not millions who can't say the same. It would be different if we were all able to work the land and provide for ourselves, but the fact of the matter is, we can't. We live in concrete cities and have to rely on buying our food and shelter. We are suppose to be the "United" States. We are our brothers keeper and we do have the responsibility to help each other, or otherwise we fail as a whole.

Corporations, or companies started by smarter people used to share their wealth with their hard workers. But times have changed, and now they don't care about the worker anymore. They just look for the next sucker to take advantage of. I find it discouraging and a shame that so many like you are willing to just take that. Perhaps you just don't want to rock the boat, and are not concerned about anyone else but yourself. I guess the love of most has grown cold after all. Sooner or later, unless we rise up against the machine, we will all become slaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
1 way ticket to South America is $667 6 min Why not 8
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 min Typical 8,872
Sheriff Norman Dalton 1 hr The cookies were good 171
Public Defenders Race 1 hr moneybags 29
missing horse 4 hr Blahhhh 3
Hillary Clinton in 2016! 7 hr Agnostic and Proud 17
it is back!! 8 hr hoofbeat 10
•••
•••
•••
Lewisburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••