who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#23 Feb 11, 2013
Little Sympathy wrote:
<quoted text>
We at least should be able to remove the children they produce from that environment so that the cycle is not repeated. Instead we just pay them to keep producing more children and perpetuating the cycle.
That is just one small step from Eugenics. That method is proven to NOT work. Just as you can have children in poor uneducated families go on to Master programs at Ivy Universities, so can you have well-to-do family produce lazy, unproductive ones. What is the end goal? Producing self-sufficient people. How can you accomplish that? By directing, teaching, guiding children to become goal oriented people. We must take hold of our teaching institutions and make clear goals to do that. But society ties our hands. We put too many constraints on ourselves from discipline to moral teachings. Children are taught NOT to hug, NOT to hold hands, NOT pledge, NOT, NOT, NOT!! We are programing unloving, cold hearted, lazy children with way too much government over-lording and micro management.

Society is at fault here and you want to punish the individual parents that society created to begin with!! Instead of fixing the wagon the wont work because the wheels are broken, we keep changing out the horses. I am ashamed of what we have become.
An Opinion

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Feb 11, 2013
Government employees are given bonuses based on the number of people they sign up for food stamps. The poor, most feel entitled to those who provide for them, vote. The more people like this, the more votes the Democratic party receives. Now health care, another government program to be mismanaged like the rest is about to seal more votes...
Bunch of Educated Idiots

Columbia, TN

#25 Feb 11, 2013
Don't blame the poor for what the elected educated idiots did!

Is it the poor who approve those welfare, disablity, food stamps checks? Is it the poor offered all those good paying State, County, City jobs?
Is it the poor who sends people to war, is it the poor elected to public office or appointed to public boards?

Is it the poor who got the country into deep debt, got Marshall County tax rates the third highest in the state?
Why blame the poor for what those educated idiots, with little to no common sense have done?
Bunch of Educated Idiots

Columbia, TN

#26 Feb 11, 2013
Little Sympathy wrote:
<quoted text>
We at least should be able to remove the children they produce from that environment so that the cycle is not repeated. Instead we just pay them to keep producing more children and perpetuating the cycle.
So now does u want to take other people's children, at what costs to the tax payers? If the state takes those children should then the tax payers be responsible for their raising, health care, education?
Where would that stop or who would decide, if that could be done what about republicans taking democrats children because they might think as u their environment is causing those to be repeat democrats?
How about letting women who can have children have children and women who can’t have children, adopt children that are not wanted or cannot afford those children?
Stop all foreign adoptions till all children without homes in this County, have homes?
Offer free morning after pills, condoms, and sex education in the schools!
Have free for the asking at the local stores give away machines on the street corners!

who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#27 Feb 11, 2013
An Opinion wrote:
Government employees are given bonuses based on the number of people they sign up for food stamps. The poor, most feel entitled to those who provide for them, vote. The more people like this, the more votes the Democratic party receives. Now health care, another government program to be mismanaged like the rest is about to seal more votes...
That is pure BS. Please site your sources for any of this. No government employee gets even so much as an extra penny for doing their job. You are grossly misguided. The Welfare program has been in existence since the 1930's. Proposals for federal programs began with Theodore Roosevelt, a Republican btw and been through both political parties ever since, so this is not a "Democrat" issue. You are poorly informed and need to go get some education before shooting off your mouth.
who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#28 Feb 11, 2013
And for the rest of you ignoramuses that don't look up and read about what you complain about, the government is very much involved with what is called Welfare reform. It is all about finding ways of getting the recipients off welfare and back to being self-sustaining. The Government is doing everything they can to find any source of revenue, you better believe they want those rolls reduced as much as anyone. NOT INCREASED.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau data released September 13, 2011, the nation's poverty rate rose to 15.1%(46.2 million) in 2010, up from 14.3%(approximately 43.6 million) in 2009 and to its highest level since 1993. In 2008, 13.2%(39.8 million) Americans lived in relative poverty.

What are they lacking??? JOBS!!! Why? Because the jobs have been outsourced overseas. Why? Because WE THE PEOPLE are allowing it and our government (both parties) have encouraged it. So if you don't like seeing all these people gobbling up your governments money (your taxes) tell them about it! Call them, write them! Tell them to get our jobs back!! Quit blaming the poor, they didn't cause this!!!!
An Opinion

Murfreesboro, TN

#29 Feb 11, 2013
who are you wrote:
And for the rest of you ignoramuses that don't look up and read about what you complain about, the government is very much involved with what is called Welfare reform. It is all about finding ways of getting the recipients off welfare and back to being self-sustaining. The Government is doing everything they can to find any source of revenue, you better believe they want those rolls reduced as much as anyone. NOT INCREASED.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau data released September 13, 2011, the nation's poverty rate rose to 15.1%(46.2 million) in 2010, up from 14.3%(approximately 43.6 million) in 2009 and to its highest level since 1993. In 2008, 13.2%(39.8 million) Americans lived in relative poverty.
What are they lacking??? JOBS!!! Why? Because the jobs have been outsourced overseas. Why? Because WE THE PEOPLE are allowing it and our government (both parties) have encouraged it. So if you don't like seeing all these people gobbling up your governments money (your taxes) tell them about it! Call them, write them! Tell them to get our jobs back!! Quit blaming the poor, they didn't cause this!!!!
Thank you!Another sad side to this is the children. Genius is born in all divisions of society, opportunity is not. Chris Langen is one example, many others are never heard from. A difficult school life because they are looked down upon, life is rough and they have no one to guide and direct them. I have recently read an article describing KIPP schools and am very impressed.
You are right, both parties are responsible and it makes me wonder why, perhaps in earlier YEARS the lament was "low voter turnout" so each party had to find a new source of votes and that is what we have today.
An Opinion

Murfreesboro, TN

#30 Feb 11, 2013
who are you wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pure BS. Please site your sources for any of this. No government employee gets even so much as an extra penny for doing their job. You are grossly misguided. The Welfare program has been in existence since the 1930's. Proposals for federal programs began with Theodore Roosevelt, a Republican btw and been through both political parties ever since, so this is not a "Democrat" issue. You are poorly informed and need to go get some education before shooting off your mouth.
Hey read that in the Lewisburg Tribune this morning.
Proud Hard Worker

Lewisburg, TN

#31 Feb 11, 2013
who are you wrote:
<quoted text>
Just from what you wrote, I would put you into the category of someone who is capable of self sustaining yourself. Bravo. Not everyone is like you or me. I also can hear a lot of judgement on your part without looking at the individual. Each person is not the same, and therefore you cannot just apply your thinking across the board as if they were. Instead of insisting everyone meet you criteria, why not advocate some changes to the system. I am an advocate of putting those on the welfare rolls to work. Find them a job and transportation to the job and stay with them until they are also self sustaining. It is not just a matter of telling them go find a job or get off welfare. I take it you've never been on welfare, would I be correct?
Another option could be advocating that the government employ others to do the shopping instead of giving the recipient a debit card. That way, you can make sure they are buying the right food. Of course you might have to watch them to make sure they don't trade the food for things like drugs, money, or cigs. Of course this idea probably is not practical. So you see, it is not as easy as just complaining about the situation, it is more about getting active and providing solutions. What have you done to be proactive about this problem?
I understand everyone is different and people react differently to situations. I myself have a bunch of shortfalls I had to overcome and nothing more upsets me to see someone capable of doing something do nothing. I see a lot of great minds and bodies wasted. I seen talented people who things come easily for do nothing more than the minimum.
If you work hard for everything you ever had you appreciate it more. My concerns lie with the ones who can work but don't. A lot of folks barely want to get out of bed and it seems some use their minds for basic evil instead of good by doing whatever it takes to avoid joining the workforce. I believe some of those who can work but don't think of it as a con game, concentrating on how to get paid without working. If they beat the system they feel they did their job and had earned it. Having babies is the most popular program I have noticed which doesn't take too many brain cells to come up with. That too needs to stop.
I am all for if you collect and you can at least answer a phone, sort whatever, pick up paper, etc, you should be doing it. I also believe if you don't pay into the tax system you should not get a return.
I believe the lack of jobs is somewhat because of lazy folks and unions, sometimes overzealous EPA, codes, and a ton other government chains which hold down progress. If I owned a huge industry, I too may send the crew and business overseas and operate hassle free for a fraction of the cost while I stay here and visit them several times a year if I am not busy throwing a line out in the water with a wiggly worm at new lake..
Another problem in this world is the internet and internet sales, out of state transactions with collecting taxes. It is putting our real stores and businesses out of business, eating up jobs while working around the tax thingy.
BTW< I never took governemnet assistance.
Who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#32 Feb 12, 2013
An Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you!Another sad side to this is the children. Genius is born in all divisions of society, opportunity is not. Chris Langen is one example, many others are never heard from. A difficult school life because they are looked down upon, life is rough and they have no one to guide and direct them. I have recently read an article describing KIPP schools and am very impressed.
You are right, both parties are responsible and it makes me wonder why, perhaps in earlier YEARS the lament was "low voter turnout" so each party had to find a new source of votes and that is what we have today.
Once again, pure speculation. Where are your facts to backup this voter idea?

Voter turnout from the 2004 and 2008 election was "not statistically different," based on the voting age population used by a November 2008 U.S. Census survey of 50,000 households. If expressed in terms of vote eligible population (VEP), the 2008 national turnout rate was 61.7% from 131.3 million ballots cast for president, an increase of over 1.6 percentage points over the 60.1% turnout rate of 2004, and the highest since 1968.

Voter turnout since 1992
1992 61%
1996 54%
2000 55%
2004 58%
2008 58%
Source: http://www.ssdan.net/content/voter-turnout

So according to this, the number of voters did not increase AT ALL from 2004 to 2008. The only thing that increase was those "eligible to vote". And even this dismal increase would hardly prove any points on your statement, especially when the poor increased upwards of 15%! In fact, with a voter eligible population increase of only 1.6% that figure would not even include but a smidgin of those collecting Welfare! So this idea that both parties are increasing their voter base by increasing Welfare precipitants is flat lined.

If you have some facts to back up what you are saying, or if I am misunderstanding you, please expound upon this.
Who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#33 Feb 12, 2013
Proud Hard Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand everyone is different and people react differently to situations. I myself have a bunch of shortfalls I had to overcome and nothing more upsets me to see someone capable of doing something do nothing. I see a lot of great minds and bodies wasted. I seen talented people who things come easily for do nothing more than the minimum.
If you work hard for everything you ever had you appreciate it more. My concerns lie with the ones who can work but don't. A lot of folks barely want to get out of bed and it seems some use their minds for basic evil instead of good by doing whatever it takes to avoid joining the workforce. I believe some of those who can work but don't think of it as a con game, concentrating on how to get paid without working. If they beat the system they feel they did their job and had earned it. Having babies is the most popular program I have noticed which doesn't take too many brain cells to come up with. That too needs to stop.
I am all for if you collect and you can at least answer a phone, sort whatever, pick up paper, etc, you should be doing it. I also believe if you don't pay into the tax system you should not get a return.
I believe the lack of jobs is somewhat because of lazy folks and unions, sometimes overzealous EPA, codes, and a ton other government chains which hold down progress. If I owned a huge industry, I too may send the crew and business overseas and operate hassle free for a fraction of the cost while I stay here and visit them several times a year if I am not busy throwing a line out in the water with a wiggly worm at new lake..
Another problem in this world is the internet and internet sales, out of state transactions with collecting taxes. It is putting our real stores and businesses out of business, eating up jobs while working around the tax thingy.
BTW< I never took governemnet assistance.
Here, no offense, your thinking of what you see and what is reality are two different things. I understand your feelings, as I have many of the same. It does appear many able bodied people are not working, but the reasoning behind that changes with the facts. You are blaming the wrong people and you are aiming your anger in the wrong direction.

Companies moved overseas not because of lazy people and unions. They moved to make a larger profit because they did not want to pay what is needed by the average family to sustain a comfortable livelihood. Unions fought to keep families earning enough to buy homes, cars, entertainment, etc, but Corporations and politicians are breaking the Unions, not because unions are wrong, but because they want to make more profit and we are just collateral damage. Look at what they are doing, what they are paying their CEOs and the small percentage of Management. The were increasing their pay raises by HUNDREDS of percent while reducing the workers pay by as much as 50% by threatening to leave. They have done a great job of brainwashing us to blame unions all the while they empty your pockets, taking that money to foreign banks and thus avoid paying the United States taxes.

Want someone to blame? Set your sites on Washington D.C. and the Corporations that are providing you with products assembled by children in foreign nations and slapping that "Made In China" sticker on.
An Opinion

Murfreesboro, TN

#34 Feb 12, 2013
Who are you wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, pure speculation. Where are your facts to backup this voter idea?
Voter turnout from the 2004 and 2008 election was "not statistically different," based on the voting age population used by a November 2008 U.S. Census survey of 50,000 households. If expressed in terms of vote eligible population (VEP), the 2008 national turnout rate was 61.7% from 131.3 million ballots cast for president, an increase of over 1.6 percentage points over the 60.1% turnout rate of 2004, and the highest since 1968.
Voter turnout since 1992
1992 61%
1996 54%
2000 55%
2004 58%
2008 58%
Source: http://www.ssdan.net/content/voter-turnout
So according to this, the number of voters did not increase AT ALL from 2004 to 2008. The only thing that increase was those "eligible to vote". And even this dismal increase would hardly prove any points on your statement, especially when the poor increased upwards of 15%! In fact, with a voter eligible population increase of only 1.6% that figure would not even include but a smidgin of those collecting Welfare! So this idea that both parties are increasing their voter base by increasing Welfare precipitants is flat lined.
If you have some facts to back up what you are saying, or if I am misunderstanding you, please expound upon this.
You have taken my reply out of context, you stated the facts in your reply, you obviously cannot look at the whole picture.
The Old Man

Columbia, TN

#35 Feb 12, 2013
It's quite obviouse that "who are you" is a bleeding heart, save the world liberal, that knows everything and can't be reasoned with! Highly educated idiot! Delt with that type all of my life, has one for a son-n-law.
Who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#36 Feb 12, 2013
An Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>You have taken my reply out of context, you stated the facts in your reply, you obviously cannot look at the whole picture.
I did say, if you have some facts to back up what you are saying, or "if I am misunderstanding you", please expound upon this. I'm not perfect and communication it is easy to misunderstand anyone. That is why I asked you to expound or, a better word, clarify you points. I can look at the whole picture, so explain to me what I am missing.
Who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#37 Feb 12, 2013
The Old Man wrote:
It's quite obviouse that "who are you" is a bleeding heart, save the world liberal, that knows everything and can't be reasoned with! Highly educated idiot! Delt with that type all of my life, has one for a son-n-law.
Well, there you go. If you can't prove you points with facts, attack your opponent and call them names. Bravo. You will have to blow harder than that to get my candle out to make yours look brighter. I suppose you blame your tire when you run over nail and it goes flat. Stupid tire.

And if I am a "bleeding heart, save the world liberal", what are you? A cold hearted, destroy the world conservative? btw... I'm not a liberal. I'm all for guns, against abortion, don't condone sinners, and voted for a Republican in the last election... The only thing left from your list is highly educated.
An Opinion

Murfreesboro, TN

#38 Feb 12, 2013
Who are you wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say, if you have some facts to back up what you are saying, or "if I am misunderstanding you", please expound upon this. I'm not perfect and communication it is easy to misunderstand anyone. That is why I asked you to expound or, a better word, clarify you points. I can look at the whole picture, so explain to me what I am missing.
The ability to comprehend written statements.

Since: May 11

Cornersville Tn

#39 Feb 12, 2013
who are you wrote:
<quoted text>
This quote is great if you follow Jesus. What about everyone else?
I have several friends that are religious, as in believing in God. When they are on the positive side of life it is "I am truly blessed. by the Lord Jesus Christ", when the skids of life hit there is no mention of their saviour. Hypocrisy is rampant through out the religious. Judge not...cast the first stone... love thy brother. As far as a person being "poor", it is a state of mind. Sometimes the people with the least money have the best life. They appreciate what they do have and love others no matter what.
who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#40 Feb 12, 2013
An Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>The ability to comprehend written statements.
Wonderful. I'll take that as a no, you can neither make yourself clear, nor can you provide anything to back up what you say.
Marshall Countian

Lewisburg, TN

#41 Feb 12, 2013
Don't let my junker car fool you - my real treasure's in Heaven. And yes, I am financially poor, richly blessed by God and happy in Him.
who are you

Lewisburg, TN

#42 Feb 12, 2013
wandering wiccan wrote:
<quoted text>I have several friends that are religious, as in believing in God. When they are on the positive side of life it is "I am truly blessed. by the Lord Jesus Christ", when the skids of life hit there is no mention of their saviour. Hypocrisy is rampant through out the religious. Judge not...cast the first stone... love thy brother. As far as a person being "poor", it is a state of mind. Sometimes the people with the least money have the best life. They appreciate what they do have and love others no matter what.
Well, as a Christian I can tell you when a Christian says I am bless when life is positive, what they are doing is called 'lifting up thanks to God'. It does not necessarily mean that the positive time was directly caused or directed by God.

Yes, hypocrisy is sadly rampant throughout Christians. It's not easy being a Christian and like anyone who pins their hopes on anything, there are times of disappointment and weakness. Of course that can be said of any religion or dedicated group, not just Christianity. When life is on the down side, many Christians can become withdrawn, but true Christians will also be praying for strength.

The thing to remember from a Christian perspective is we live with freewill just like everyone. The sun shines on the bad as well as the good just as the rain does. And yes, true Christians SHOULD live by those tenants of love and not casting stones, and I do the best I can, but embarrassingly, sometimes I fail. But when I do, I feel great remorse for that and work to rectify the situation. That is a sign of a true Christian. If a person who claims to be a Christian and they don't care, I would highly recommend they reevaluate what they are.

I have several friends who are Wiccan,(even went to a Wiccan wedding of two very good friends last summer) who have much better morals than some Christians I know. I like what Mahatma Gandhi once said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ". And Christ was very clear when he said,“Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." So many people who claim to be Christian sadly are not. Please don't let those bad apples sour your thoughts for all Christians.

And I totally agree with you that being poor is a state of mind. I have seen some people in what looks to be the most horrible of conditions happily smiling and I have seen those with loads of money looking rather sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First TN Bank takeover BoAs 41 min tell me 3
Lead soil coming to Lewisburg landfill 9 hr Dave 2
Is Topix of Lewisburg a good place to get hones... 11 hr no surprise 4
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Wed ucanthandletruth 9,444
hometown grocery Wed Yeags 2
Stay away from Lewisburg (Jan '06) Tue none 13,160
TN 16 Known Dead From Storms In Tennessee (Apr '11) Tue none 1,376
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE