Wondering

Clinton, SC

#1 Dec 12, 2011
Does anybody else think mrs rickman is a royal dumb b!t(h?
Hangman

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Dec 12, 2011
She is a puppet but in the right click.The suposed leaders or bosses are the ones that tax payers should really take a hard look at are thay really who thay say .Sunday morning lets play christan.Hine site 20/20.
Oak Grove Parent

Nashville, TN

#3 Dec 14, 2011
Wondering wrote:
Does anybody else think mrs rickman is a royal dumb b!t(h?
Did anyone have to endure the awards night on Monday? Had to sit thru 3 classes to see one. Hundreds of people standing around waiting and as soon as one class finished the parents and kids were leaving and disturbing the group getting their awards. What ever happened to going to a 25-30 minute program for your kids grade and the rest of the parents doing the same? Too much trouble for the principal I suppose. Even the teachers were grumbling in the hallway about it going in.
old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Dec 14, 2011
Oak Grove Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Did anyone have to endure the awards night on Monday? Had to sit thru 3 classes to see one. Hundreds of people standing around waiting and as soon as one class finished the parents and kids were leaving and disturbing the group getting their awards. What ever happened to going to a 25-30 minute program for your kids grade and the rest of the parents doing the same? Too much trouble for the principal I suppose. Even the teachers were grumbling in the hallway about it going in.
I don't think anyone had to "endure" the awards night. Anyone who attended did so voluntarily. Quit yer bitching.
wondering

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Dec 14, 2011
Oak Grove Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
i also endured that cluster F!! as we were walkin in she fussing at a student with there mother right beside them n the mom told her "I will handle my son" in a mean voice. monday night was just another BAD check mark against her in my book. ive talked to a few teachers there and they seem to want her gone as bad as alot of parents do!
Grandparent

United States

#6 Dec 14, 2011
If a principal makes everyone happy, they're probably not doing their job.

Columbia, TN

#7 Dec 14, 2011
I don't believe "wondering's" comment about the teachers wanting JR gone. I have not heard one teacher from OG complain.
Monday was something new. With all new things, you go by trial and error. The reason for it being at night was to not take away from instructional time in the classroom. JR is a great principal who supports her teachers & loves the students!
Oak Grove Parent

Nashville, TN

#8 Dec 15, 2011
Newbie wrote:
I don't believe "wondering's" comment about the teachers wanting JR gone. I have not heard one teacher from OG complain.
Monday was something new. With all new things, you go by trial and error. The reason for it being at night was to not take away from instructional time in the classroom. JR is a great principal who supports her teachers & loves the students!
Maybe not as great as you may believe. Take the county spelling bee as an example. At other elementary schools the bee was held in the auditorium for parents to attend. At Oak Grove it was held in a teachers classroom, even the kids were not allowed to stay and watch as they were eliminated. Had better things to do was the explanation. Oak Grove was a GREAT school 5 years ago, now after PT and with JR it has lost a lot of ground.
Oak Grove Parent

Nashville, TN

#9 Dec 15, 2011
old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone had to "endure" the awards night. Anyone who attended did so voluntarily. Quit yer bitching.
You are right it was "voluntary", if your kid was receiving an award you volunteer to participate. That does not exclude the event from being a complete cluster ****. I guess you had to be there to fully appreciate.
Aha

Columbia, TN

#10 Dec 15, 2011
If you are unhappy with the leadership, take your child to another school!
Oak Grove Parent

Nashville, TN

#11 Dec 20, 2011
Aha wrote:
If you are unhappy with the leadership, take your child to another school!
That is an option but where do you go. Sure as heck not going to MES. DW is worse than any in county and at Westhills MC and SP are playing a game all their own; no rules, no control, and MES and Westhills both got poor marks on the state student evaluation. Was in the paper awhile back.
nurse92

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 21, 2011
It would be interesting to see the demographics for the 3 schools. Oak Grove has always been given preferential treatment - I'd like to see how many of the minority kids whose parents request OGES actually get to GO to OGES. I would also be interested to know how many of the OGES kids are on reduced or free lunches. Or how many of the OGES kids got any type of pre-K instruction - THEN compare the test scores.

Both my kids attend/have attended Westhills (my preference) and I have been very pleased. Neither of them cared much for MC, but I never had any issues with her personally. The only problem I have had is when they couldn't get textbooks in one year. I bet OGES didn't have that problem...I bet they all got their textbooks before school started, and the other two schools got shorted. That turned out to be a Bd of Ed problem, not a Westhills problem.
wondering

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Dec 21, 2011
my kids on reduced lunch and i know a few more that is on it. I work a full time job and so does my wife. If you have a problem with that im sorry but atleast i have a job tryin to make a living n not sittin on the couch smoking crack gettin welfare and and ten care. dont get me wrong im not bitchin at you im just venting about all the others that wont get out and get a job n all they do is grow roots into there couch and freeload off the taxes i/we pay in
nurse92 wrote:
It would be interesting to see the demographics for the 3 schools. Oak Grove has always been given preferential treatment - I'd like to see how many of the minority kids whose parents request OGES actually get to GO to OGES. I would also be interested to know how many of the OGES kids are on reduced or free lunches. Or how many of the OGES kids got any type of pre-K instruction - THEN compare the test scores.
Both my kids attend/have attended Westhills (my preference) and I have been very pleased. Neither of them cared much for MC, but I never had any issues with her personally. The only problem I have had is when they couldn't get textbooks in one year. I bet OGES didn't have that problem...I bet they all got their textbooks before school started, and the other two schools got shorted. That turned out to be a Bd of Ed problem, not a Westhills problem.
nurse92

Nashville, TN

#14 Dec 21, 2011
Didn't mean to offend - it's just that statistics may explain why one school has better test scores than others. My Westhills kids blow the standardized tests out of the water - they were exposed to reading early, and completed a Kindergarten readiness program. They would have succeeded at any school I chose for them.

I have noticed that there are many minority kids at Westhills and MES - a lot of them are Hispanic and they probably were not prepared to attend an English-speaking school. I wonder if OGES has the same percentage.

And yes, it upsets me to see those who COULD work, but choose not to do so.
Oak grove Parent

Antioch, TN

#15 Dec 22, 2011
nurse92 wrote:
You make a valid point about demographics and there are likely more minorities at OGES than you think and class sizes at OG are PACKED. Have heard they are better at Westhills and if so that is a huge advantage. OGES was top notch a few years back but PT set it back YEARS. Lacking leadership now. At any rate both OGES and Westhills far better than MES. From PT to DW, they have gotten the shaft for awhile. Word is teachers are ready to bolt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
omg! thank you! Mon Kerry Weaver 1
Pastor of the First United Methodist Church (Jan '10) Mon Elf 54
Taylor DeAnn Dalton (May '16) Dec 2 idlovetomakehercum 15
Former l.p.d in an altercation at football game Nov 30 Overitalready 6
Marshall County Bookings and Mugshots (Nov '15) Nov 30 Freddy 14
Don't Use Vanguard! (Apr '09) Nov 29 Sam Donaldson 35
Poll Are you afraid of going to jail/prison? (Aug '09) Nov 28 2DesertWest 29

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance