Tenderness for Wounded Souls

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#1 Jun 9, 2013
People are hurting and trying to recover from a crisis of one kind or another. Don't play games with lives. You can start your own forum to do things ungodly. Please don't drive someone off of here or over the edge. What you do to another soul, it better be with love, my friends.

Tenderness in your heart will lead you to forgiveness.
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Jun 9, 2013
"As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him."
Psalms 18:30

"For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and say to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13

"A joyful heart makes the face cheerful, but by a painful heart the spirit is broken."
Proverbs 15:13

"What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up."
1 Corinthians 14:26
Missy

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Jun 9, 2013
That is nice :) thank you for reminding me of those things. Yep I've been pretty nasty to a certain someone on here and it's not the way I've always been. It's not who I've liked being either.
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Jun 10, 2013
"The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."
Proverbs 4:18

"For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38 - 39

"My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever."
Psalms 145:21
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Jun 10, 2013
I repent of my sins and ask for forgiveness as I forgive those who have sinned against me. This is not just words. God knows who I forgave.

James 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

http://www.thedynamicturnaround.com/thepowero...
The web site may help in understanding more about words we hear and say.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Jun 10, 2013
woman of faith wrote:
I repent of my sins and ask for forgiveness as I forgive those who have sinned against me. This is not just words. God knows who I forgave.
James 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
http://www.thedynamicturnaround.com/thepowero...
The web site may help in understanding more about words we hear and say.
Here is an example of what I was talking about. If you are going to be biblical then be biblical, but then why intertwine that with something unrelated such as the site you post. Yes, it's your right, but is it right? From a Christian stand point? It is wrong to mix secular teachings with biblical teachings. It is your right to be wrong, but in the case of God, do you really want to be?

In the quote you "copy and pasted" from James 5:16, what does that mean? Whom was he talking to and whom was he talking about? Did he say, go out into the street and confess your sins to whomever? No. That is what you just did. This is NOT what James instructed them to do! He said to confess to each other. But WHOM was he talking about? He was talking about Christians in a congregation confessing to each other. This is not a church, we are not a congregation and you did not address anyone, it was just wide open for the world to read. That is not what James said to do at all. THIS is why I said you do not need to be telling anyone what you think Christians should do from a biblical standpoint. You do not know the bible well enough to do that.

IF you are really even a Christian now,(and I don't know that you are because you claimed to be other things in the past), you are like a kindergartener who is ill equipped to be teaching anything from the bible. If this hurts, then it is only hurting your pride.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Jun 10, 2013
And I should add, that by confessing to each other in person is what they were doing. What good does it do to confess to a dog or a flower or just the air? Someone needs to hear it in order to absolve you of it. But that is also why we have Christ as our High Priest to confess to. Instead of confessing willy-nilly on a forum that means nothing, go in secret and pray to God for your forgiveness as Jesus taught.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#8 Jun 11, 2013
I see your only recourse, was to judge me as Nuts, Disagree, and mean. But yet you had no come back to say I was wrong in what I said. I am not surprised in your behavior. It just provides further proof of what I said. Have a great day! ;-)
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Jun 11, 2013
I just came on. I was with friends and scheduling apointments. I did not judge you. I will say this. I love you. Be sweet, life is short. Thank you for your taking time to post. What church are you a member of? Your ways are not what I am used to. Perhaps that is why things have been going on with us.
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#10 Jun 11, 2013
" From a Christian stand point? It is wrong to mix secular teachings with biblical teachings."
I haven't met a Preacher who hasn't used something extra to go with bibical teachings? I used it as a helper in understanding and not to over ride GOD'S WORD.
Let me say this. I was called names. It wasn't till I was old enough to research in a dictionary what those names meant. Those words, WERE NOT IN THE BIBLE! It was words that added up to why I legally changed my name, for healing. I am sensitive to name calling and insults. So, just ease up, okay.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Jun 11, 2013
woman of faith wrote:
I just came on. I was with friends and scheduling apointments. I did not judge you. I will say this. I love you. Be sweet, life is short. Thank you for your taking time to post. What church are you a member of? Your ways are not what I am used to. Perhaps that is why things have been going on with us.
I belong to the one and only church, the one Jesus refers to as his bride. It is the body that contains all the true Christians world and heaven wide. My ways are God's way. In the beginning the referred to it as The Way. The reasons things have not gone your way is because you are not well versed with the bible and say things that are contrary to it. That is when I will step forward and correct you as well as others who misquote.

You are not alone in misunderstanding the bible. It is not that I am something special and am better than others, it is because I take the time and effort to understand by studying the original language which speaks a clearer voice than English.(And that God has given me wisdom and intelligence, but it is wrong for me to boast so forgive me on that). You could do the same as anyone can if they take the time to. You cannot read what Mankind tells you it says. You must read it and study it for yourself. That is why they refer to it as the Living Word.

There also comes the need to understand who is speaking, who is being spoken to, and so on. The average uneducated Christian automatically thinks it is all spoken to the everyday person when it is not. You must understand Jewish customs and how it relates to what is being said and that is just the beginning. It is not easy which is why not everyone is called to be a teacher. If you cannot understand these things it is best to leave it alone and just do what Jesus said to do: Preach the Good News which is Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for our sins and now sits at the right hand of God.
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Jun 11, 2013
I gave you a heart. Whoever you are, you have shown compassion. I dearly, thank you. I love you in Christ Jesus.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Jun 11, 2013
woman of faith wrote:
" From a Christian stand point? It is wrong to mix secular teachings with biblical teachings."
I haven't met a Preacher who hasn't used something extra to go with bibical teachings? I used it as a helper in understanding and not to over ride GOD'S WORD.
Let me say this. I was called names. It wasn't till I was old enough to research in a dictionary what those names meant. Those words, WERE NOT IN THE BIBLE! It was words that added up to why I legally changed my name, for healing. I am sensitive to name calling and insults. So, just ease up, okay.
No, what you did was mix secular "teachings" with biblical. What preachers try to do is "relate" the bible teaching to the everyday world. That is two different things all together and NOT what you did. Again, you do not know God's Word enough to be teaching, let alone preaching to anyone. Sorry, but that is the truth and you need to recognize that or you are doing God a disservice.

And of course you change gears again and begin rambling on about your being called names and how changing your name was for healing. Changing names does not heal anyone, only God can heal what ails the soul. I am not calling you names, although I will at times refer to how you how acting. I will ease up when you stop misquoting the Bible.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Jun 11, 2013
To hmmmm wrote:
You didn't answer the question? How long have you been studying the word? I bet you are a church of christ member correct?
Hmmmm... I never saw that question until now. I have been a Christian for over 40 years and studying in Greek and Hebrew around 13 years. I have belonged to many various denominational churches throughout the years including the Catholic church, but I do not pledge to any man made division of "church". I have been 'in' a church of Christ but I am not and never have been a 'member'. So, no you are wrong in that assumption.
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Jun 12, 2013
The Bible books were selected by men no doubt just like you.
mother goddess

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Jun 12, 2013
Hey that dude is a dick head!
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#18 Jun 12, 2013
No, he or she has different paths in his/her Christian walk with God. I am staying with History. Bye.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#19 Jun 12, 2013
woman of faith wrote:
The Bible books were selected by men no doubt just like you.
Again, you are showing that you do not know what you are talking about. NO BOOKS WERE SELECTED! If you understood bible history you would understand that much of the New Testament consist of LETTERS written to various churches of the time. The New Testament is an anthology, a collection of Christian works written in the common Greek language of the first century, at different times by various writers, who were early Jewish disciples of Jesus of Nazareth.

Those who made the decisions of what to include were closer to the truth than you have ever been. They were not written by THOSE men but by those who were with Jesus at the time or after He was resurrected such is the case of Paul.

How dare you claim to be trying to be the best Christian you can be when you are constantly looking for ways to tear it down. That is anti-christ talk!! Are you showing your true colors again?
woman of faith

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jun 14, 2013
Jeremiah 1:5 "Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in embryo I knew thee; and before thou wast born I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet to the nations."
- Webster's Bible

We all are known to God before He began the first cell division. Life is said to begin at that moment of becoming a fertilized human egg. Life has always been. Life knew us and Life formed us. When a baby is miscarried that baby was not ever miscarried. That baby was carried.
With love to our baby boys, William and Beau Chance Mills.
Known and formed not by us. AMEN
Your kidding me

Lewisburg, TN

#21 Jun 15, 2013
Viability is the time at which the unborn human can live outside her mother's womb.since the unborn cannot survive independent of her mother, she is not a completely independent human life and hence not fully human.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
accident on verona (May '14) 3 hr junkie 10
Out of Control Police 11 hr Patriot militia 9
Will MCHS Get New Stadium? 12 hr Harrison 33
OMAR Steakhouse (Nov '14) 14 hr Cooker 79
Work 23 hr werk fo me 6
May fest in lewisburg Sun too bad ur so unh... 9
Were You Spanked? (Nov '13) May 2 Successful Parent 41
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE