Political signs found at Jackie Abern...

Political signs found at Jackie Abernathy's home

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

Tax Man

Lawrenceburg, TN

#1 Apr 1, 2013
Is there a big cover up or is this a known thing? Supposedly about 50 city election signs were found in Jackie's yard last week. Rumor has it the election signs were stolen out of various yards by a group of teens which included Jeff Taylor's son. I guess he wants to help his dad get elected? Good values huh?
WOW

Columbia, TN

#2 Apr 1, 2013
Tax Man wrote:
Is there a big cover up or is this a known thing? Supposedly about 50 city election signs were found in Jackie's yard last week. Rumor has it the election signs were stolen out of various yards by a group of teens which included Jeff Taylor's son. I guess he wants to help his dad get elected? Good values huh?
I guess you were never a kid and thought it would be funny to pull a prank on a teacher/school personnel!!! Rumor has it?? Before you start questioning other people's values maybe you should look at your own!
Tax Man

Lawrenceburg, TN

#3 Apr 1, 2013
I stated 'rumor has it' only to be nice. I know it to be true. I guess 'WOW' you hold the same illegal & crooked values as these teens, and might even be a parent to one of them??? These signs cost the candidates a lot of money and removing them IS theft. I teach my child right from wrong.... what do you teach yours???? Basically you claim that it is ok to steal as long as it is a prank????
Laws and values

Lawrenceburg, TN

#4 Apr 1, 2013
Tax Man wrote:
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you were never a kid and thought it would be funny to pull a prank on a teacher/school personnel!!! Rumor has it?? Before you start questioning other people's values maybe you should look at your own!
Could laws have been broken? If you put a sign on your lawn and someone steals it, was it theft? Probably not as it could also be considered abandoned because it is not a permanent fixture. Certainly is poor values and anyone who excuses bad behavior should be considered just as bad. "Wow" is a hypocrite by questioning the values of the person he told shouldn't question the values of others. Bad politics, either way. Losers of Losersburg strike again.
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Apr 1, 2013
Tax Man wrote:
What's your problem? Remember the old saying. believe only half of what you see and none of what your hear and none of what you read on a forum where lowlifes you can make accusations anonymously.

Since: Jun 11

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Apr 1, 2013
IF this is true, theres all kinds of legal charges from theft to trespassing to campaign related ones as well im sure... until the police are involved to sort it out, it isnt more than rumor, and should be left at the proverbial water-cooler in the trash where unconfirmed anything belongs.
Sam

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Apr 1, 2013
some jerk wrote:
IF this is true, theres all kinds of legal charges from theft to trespassing to campaign related ones as well im sure... until the police are involved to sort it out, it isnt more than rumor, and should be left at the proverbial water-cooler in the trash where unconfirmed anything belongs.
did the police collect the signs?

Since: Jun 11

Lewisburg, TN

#8 Apr 1, 2013
"Tax Man" never said.
WOW

Columbia, TN

#9 Apr 2, 2013
If people would stop making a mountain out of a mole hill this would be a better place! People kill me how they can sit behind a keyboard and question the values of others... Was anyone hurt? Was any property damaged? Just for the record all signs were replaced. Was this good judgement on the teenagers? No and I am sure they have been punished!
Ward 2 citizen

Columbia, TN

#10 Apr 7, 2013
WOW wrote:
If people would stop making a mountain out of a mole hill this would be a better place! People kill me how they can sit behind a keyboard and question the values of others... Was anyone hurt? Was any property damaged? Just for the record all signs were replaced. Was this good judgement on the teenagers? No and I am sure they have been punished!
I'm sure if it was Jeff Taylor's son he got punished. Jeff's kids are very respectful. They are kids and they are going to make bad choices but I can promised they were punished by Jeff or there mom. They are good kids. I'm sure Jeff is embarrassed by this if his son was involved and has contacted mrs. Abernathy with a aopoligy.
Ward 2 citizen

Columbia, TN

#11 Apr 7, 2013
I was told Artie and his wife are trying to get Abernathy to press charges. Really? They need to get there story straight I heard the Taylor boy shot fireworks in the street he didn't have anything to do with the signs.
im back

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Apr 8, 2013
well artie shame on you for coming on this site and starting rumors about a child ,you still wont win
WOW

Columbia, TN

#13 Apr 8, 2013
Ward 2 citizen wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure if it was Jeff Taylor's son he got punished. Jeff's kids are very respectful. They are kids and they are going to make bad choices but I can promised they were punished by Jeff or there mom. They are good kids. I'm sure Jeff is embarrassed by this if his son was involved and has contacted mrs. Abernathy with a aopoligy.
Hello Ward 2 citizen have you not read what I have been saying Sounds like to me that someone is trying to cover up or make excuses. I am sure he is not the only "respectful" child involved. If charges are pressed it will be on all not just a choosen few
im back

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Apr 8, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Ward 2 citizen have you not read what I have been saying Sounds like to me that someone is trying to cover up or make excuses. I am sure he is not the only "respectful" child involved. If charges are pressed it will be on all not just a choosen few
dont worry to much artie
im back

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Apr 8, 2013
old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like more BS by some lowlife.
well you would know
Is that Against the Law

Columbia, TN

#17 Apr 8, 2013
Ward 2 citizen wrote:
I was told Artie and his wife are trying to get Abernathy to press charges. Really? They need to get there story straight I heard the Taylor boy shot fireworks in the street he didn't have anything to do with the signs.
If any laws had been broken would it take any to press charges for the police or law to press their own charges with or without others pressing charges?
Stealing, removing, dumping political signs from public or private property, onto another persons private property is that against any law?
Why would any private citizen have to press charges if that happened or if that was against any laws?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Krogers closing or relocating 3 hr Somewhere Else 5
Removed threads 11 hr Citizen 24
wat about bill haywood (Sep '10) Apr 20 thereturn of some... 44
CalsonicKansei Apr 18 Return of some jerk 11
Krogers closing in town or relocating Apr 18 Return of some jerk 1
Lewisburg police officers Apr 18 Bacon is not healthy 31
Did a former Cop sue Cornersville (Jun '10) Apr 18 Agree 15

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance