Marshall County Pageant
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stop the Beuty Contests

Columbia, TN

#21 Oct 5, 2010
Why would any parent display their children as to allow any to judge their child’s beauty compare to others children for do you not know all children have the same beauty in the eyes of the Lord in God’s?
Who even started a beauty contest any way comparing women or children to others in my opinion is wrong when it come to comparison of color, skin or beauty.
from heree

Lewisburg, TN

#22 Oct 5, 2010
I know some of the girls here and their parents. I don't mean to sound mean, but beauty is all they have to offer. That is the problem here. Ask them any questions other than their pre-rehearsed statements about saving this and saving that and you will see for yourself.

You wonder why we have so many beer/smoke/beauty shops and a can't forget the bunch of tough guys in Marshall Co? We need to focus on those who take education seriously and not looks.
I can build a nice car that looks good on the outside but if it doesn't have anything in it, what is it worth?
And for the "young" girls who lose based on looks. It must be hard.
Pretty girl

Murfreesboro, TN

#23 Oct 5, 2010
from heree wrote:
I know some of the girls here and their parents. I don't mean to sound mean, but beauty is all they have to offer. That is the problem here. Ask them any questions other than their pre-rehearsed statements about saving this and saving that and you will see for yourself.
You wonder why we have so many beer/smoke/beauty shops and a can't forget the bunch of tough guys in Marshall Co? We need to focus on those who take education seriously and not looks.
I can build a nice car that looks good on the outside but if it doesn't have anything in it, what is it worth?
And for the "young" girls who lose based on looks. It must be hard.
I will take from this post that you are butt ugly.
fron heree

Lewisburg, TN

#24 Oct 5, 2010
Pretty girl wrote:
<quoted text>I will take from this post that you are butt ugly.
No, sorry; just educated.
Pretty girl

Murfreesboro, TN

#25 Oct 5, 2010
fron heree wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sorry; just educated.
I think not. Just conceited is more like it. Sell your Harvard education somewhere else Miss Big Bucks.
footballcrazy

United States

#26 Oct 7, 2010
I saw the paper and all girls who placed looked very pretty. Congratulations to them.
judge

United States

#27 Oct 15, 2010
I agree - the only thing I didn't like was they picked a top 5 in the 13/15 yr old category then only placed 3. Either place all 5 or only pick 3. All the girls were beautiful and wished all could have placed. I didn't have one in this age group but just saying...
Rigged

Murfreesboro, TN

#28 Oct 17, 2010
Rigged, rigged, rigged. All are rigged that the Chamber puts on. Out of the mouth of Weaver herself, no blacks will ever win while I'm here.
oh well

Lewisburg, TN

#29 Oct 17, 2010
well, not to defend that statement but the blacks DO have their own pageant and you can bet a white girl will never win that. Probably can't even enter!!
yep

Spring Hill, TN

#30 Oct 17, 2010
Good one I agree with oh well in that statement.!!
Not true

Murfreesboro, TN

#31 Oct 18, 2010
Rigged wrote:
Rigged, rigged, rigged. All are rigged that the Chamber puts on. Out of the mouth of Weaver herself, no blacks will ever win while I'm here.
I don't know who you think you are making this statement but this was never said. Right now the president of our Chamber is black and we have another board member that is black too. People like you are just trying to start trouble.
Weaver

Lewisburg, TN

#32 Oct 18, 2010
Rigged wrote:
That is a complete lie! I never said that. I am thrilled for any girl to win regardless of the color of her skin. You are embarking on a lawsuit if you proceed to make up quotes that were never said. I will go through the proper channels and find out who you are, even though I think I already know. Two colleagues saw the remark and brought it to my attention because they knew it was a lie. Most importantly, they know me and know I am not a prejudice person at all and would never say such a horrible remark. I am all about freedom of speech until somebody like you chooses to print lies and hide behind your screen. You obviously are a miserable and troubled person.

Ritaanne Weaver, Executive Director
Marshall County Chamber of Commerce
[email protected]
archie bunker

United States

#33 Oct 18, 2010
This iz what o dw refers too as their token blacks. Like he said there will never be one in his office though. I'm with him. Mine neither.
ruler follower

Lewisburg, TN

#35 May 31, 2012
10-12group winner wrote:
Okay well I know this is a dead post but considering I won the Pre-Teen division I have a right to comment. If you don't like the results don't say anything. I don't have a name in this town but a month after passing my title down I won Jr. Miss Lewisburg. So no, the pageants are not rigged it depends on how well you perform. Make all the rude comments you want about me winning another pageant. And to the people who are saying something about education I keep up a A average in school. Pageants give me confidence. I get bullied all the time at school and this is the one time I feel beautiful. And then I come and see that adults are joining in on the bullying. Yes I realize I'm not the most gorgeous girl in Lewisburg but I've done pageants all my life. I have experience. And don't trash my parents for putting me in them. The reason I even found this post was because I knew my name would end up here somehow. But I didn't until just now realize I could be mentioned without my name being actually brought up. And I will defend Katherine too (The winner of 13/15 group) she is a beautiful person inside and out. And you adults have no right to trash kids on the Internet. This personally makes me sick. Say what you want but I will not stand here and let you talk about me and the other girls like this. Everyone had a fair chance and the judges picked who they wanted. So stop calling kids ugly & GROW UP. Is this how your parents raised you? Really? To bring someone else's self esteem down? How would you feel if someone talked about you/your child this way. This is dumb and childish. And that's coming for a 14 year old.
Ok, let it go. I never commented on the pageant forum and don't really care for pageants, but you seem to want drama and besides, aren't you a bit too young to be posting according to topixs rules? I may be wrong, but if I am not, you need to follow the rules.
Bestfriend

Shelbyville, TN

#37 May 31, 2012
10-12group winner wrote:
Okay well I know this is a dead post but considering I won the Pre-Teen division I have a right to comment. If you don't like the results don't say anything. I don't have a name in this town but a month after passing my title down I won Jr. Miss Lewisburg. So no, the pageants are not rigged it depends on how well you perform. Make all the rude comments you want about me winning another pageant. And to the people who are saying something about education I keep up a A average in school. Pageants give me confidence. I get bullied all the time at school and this is the one time I feel beautiful. And then I come and see that adults are joining in on the bullying. Yes I realize I'm not the most gorgeous girl in Lewisburg but I've done pageants all my life. I have experience. And don't trash my parents for putting me in them. The reason I even found this post was because I knew my name would end up here somehow. But I didn't until just now realize I could be mentioned without my name being actually brought up. And I will defend Katherine too (The winner of 13/15 group) she is a beautiful person inside and out. And you adults have no right to trash kids on the Internet. This personally makes me sick. Say what you want but I will not stand here and let you talk about me and the other girls like this. Everyone had a fair chance and the judges picked who they wanted. So stop calling kids ugly & GROW UP. Is this how your parents raised you? Really? To bring someone else's self esteem down? How would you feel if someone talked about you/your child this way. This is dumb and childish. And that's coming for a 14 year old.
your beautiful dnt let these imature adults tell you any diffrent. Keep ur head held high cuz your going to prove them all wrong when we go to National American Miss (and for anyone who dnt know thats a STATE pageant thats NOT rigged!)
pageant sister

Rock Hill, SC

#38 Jun 1, 2012
ruler follower wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let it go. I never commented on the pageant forum and don't really care for pageants, but you seem to want drama and besides, aren't you a bit too young to be posting according to topixs rules? I may be wrong, but if I am not, you need to follow the rules.
The way I see it if she's not old enough to be commenting on here then she's too young for people to be talking bad about her. No I don't think she is looking for drama just think she has the right to stand up for herself and her friend. By the way I'm plenty old enough to be posting on here.
let it go

Lewisburg, TN

#39 Jun 1, 2012
pageant sister wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it if she's not old enough to be commenting on here then she's too young for people to be talking bad about her. No I don't think she is looking for drama just think she has the right to stand up for herself and her friend. By the way I'm plenty old enough to be posting on here.
Two years later, nothing personal was said. Let it go. People have opinions and that is what it is here for. Update: People in the real world are a lot meaner than what I read. let it go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMAR Steakhouse (Nov '14) Sun Critic 86
You need this (Mar '15) Jan 14 Happiness 3
Your take on ..... (Oct '07) Jan 14 Left 4
Marshall County Bookings and Mugshots (Nov '15) Jan 14 Left 15
Cornersville assistant principal punishes entir... (Feb '16) Jan 13 Laughing at you 10
Taking back our community!! (Apr '08) Jan 13 Its ok 27
Yvette Hayward Jan 13 Stupid online 3

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages