Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9752 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#8389 Jul 23, 2013
Wait wrote:
I can see some one getting a small pox vac. Or Polio vac.. There are risks with vaccines just like with surgery etc... Those vaccines are worth the risk. Flu shots that for the most part are a joke offer for no protection. Growing up for 17 years I never had the flu I had chicken pox stomach viruses never the flu but when I was 17 mother made me get a flu shot because of the media propaganda that my grandmother was watching on tv. Guess what I got the flu several weeks later and my arm hurt for a week.
There are several strains of flu. The CDC has to predict ahead of time which strain will be most common in the coming year. They aren't always correct.

Generally, the flu shot is not for a 17 year old. It's for the elderly and the very young. At 17, you can handle the flu. At 97 you can't. Even if there's a 50/50 chance that it's the wrong shot, its still better to give the 97 year old the shot.
Any body can die from the flu just like heart attacks healthy people without blockages young and old can die from heart attack etcc same with the flu.
This is like saying anyone can die from tripping and falling.

Yes, if you generalize it that much.

However, tripping and falling OFF A BUILDING has a much higher death rate than tripping and falling ONTO THE COUCH.
Now flu shots to e that is a FDA big pharma money making load of crap I bet if some real studies were done on flu shots would probably just see the benefit of a flu shot as the placebo effect.
First of all, many vaccine companies which make the flu shot do so at a LOSS. It's very expensive and the shots are extremely cheap.

They do it because they are asked to by the CDC. In fact, we're having trouble getting enough flu shots BECAUSE they are so unprofitable.

And no, vaccines do not offer a placebo effect. The flu is a virus, it's present or it isn't.
I am not saying in any way that a healthy lifestyle is not beneficial that's probably your best defense having a healthy immune system not one overloaded with 30 flu vaccines.
You have no idea what a "health immune system" is, nor what it would take to overload it.

You're just talking out your ass.

Go back to making the french fries.
Mea

Aurora, MN

#8393 Jul 23, 2013
Wow this is the longest convo ever
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#8394 Jul 23, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several strains of flu. The CDC has to predict ahead of time which strain will be most common in the coming year. They aren't always correct.
Generally, the flu shot is not for a 17 year old. It's for the elderly and the very young. At 17, you can handle the flu. At 97 you can't. Even if there's a 50/50 chance that it's the wrong shot, its still better to give the 97 year old the shot.
<quoted text>
This is like saying anyone can die from tripping and falling.
Yes, if you generalize it that much.
However, tripping and falling OFF A BUILDING has a much higher death rate than tripping and falling ONTO THE COUCH.
<quoted text>
First of all, many vaccine companies which make the flu shot do so at a LOSS. It's very expensive and the shots are extremely cheap.
They do it because they are asked to by the CDC. In fact, we're having trouble getting enough flu shots BECAUSE they are so unprofitable.
And no, vaccines do not offer a placebo effect. The flu is a virus, it's present or it isn't.
<quoted text>
You have no idea what a "health immune system" is, nor what it would take to overload it.
You're just talking out your ass.
Go back to making the french fries.
Oh my, aren't we hostile? Well that's those anti-conspiracy folks trying to blow away what they just don't want to see.
Your Cuz

Chicago, IL

#8395 Jul 24, 2013
No
Stacie

Morristown, TN

#8396 Jul 25, 2013
guest wrote:
And if your child has the vaccine, and you're so confident in it, why does it matter if mine do not?
A parent can choose to vaccinate or not, but not vaccinating puts that child and other children who are around your child at risk for serious illness and death.
If there is an outbreak of a disease an unimmunized child poses a threat to the community. They can pass on the disease to babies to young for the immunization or who cannot have the immunization due to medical reasons(such as cancer). According to the WHO there were 158,000 measles deaths globally in 2011.
parent

Johnson City, TN

#8397 Jul 25, 2013
yes
yep

Jackson, TN

#8398 Jul 26, 2013
Its safe
Silvermaven

United States

#8399 Jul 26, 2013
WHO is going to be responsible for Ring Around the Rosy all over again? Humm? Any takers?

NO and there won't be any because they are protected by your criminal Congress

who also legislate takeing antibiotics away from our feed animals KNOWING since 1985 what really caused AIDS--infections they gave us in vaccines, so you have NO Meats. LOL
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2180/9/137
Genome sequencing of diverse bacterial species has revealed widespread distribution of conserved gene products

with as-yet unknown functions.

Among these are a family of small proteins with approximate molecular masses of 12 kDa, which have been variously classed as

"domain of unknown function" (DUF) 149, Pfam 2575 and COG-0718 [1].

Such genes have been identified in a wide variety of bacterial phyla,

a list that includes many significant pathogens of humans, domestic animals and plants (Fig. 1).

thumbnailFigure 1. Alignment of the predicted amino acid sequences of YbaB/EbfC orthologs of

H. influenzae (Hi),
E. coli (Ec),

Vibrio cholerae (Vc),

Pseudomonas putida (Pp),
Rickettsia rickettsiae (Rr),
Neisseria gonorrhoeae (Ng),
Bdellovibrio bacteriovorus (Bba),
Clostridium perfringens (Cp),

Bacillus subtilis (Bs),

Enterococcus faecalis (Ef),
Streptococcus pneumoniae (Sp),
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mt),
Bacteroides capillosus (Bc), and

B. burgdorferi (Bbu).

Identical amino acids are boxed and shaded. Amino acid residues of YbaBEc and YbaBHi that comprise &#945;lpha-helices 1 and 3 of their determined protein structures are identified.
DNA-binding by Haemophilus influenzae and Escherichia coli

2008 - You see the flocks of people going to get some real treatment for what really causes Our Age of Syndromes? NOPE...LOL

Orthologs of EbfC are encoded by a wide range of bacterial species, so characterization of the borrelial protein has implications that span the eubacterial kingdom.

The present work defines the DNA sequence required for high-affinity binding by EbfC to be the 4 bp broken palindrome GTnAC, where ‘n’ can be any nucleotide.

Two high-affinity EbfC-binding sites are located immediately 5&#8242; of B. burgdorferi erp transcriptional promoters, and binding of EbfC was found to alter the conformation of erp promoter DNA. Consensus EbfC-binding sites are abundantly distributed throughout the B. burgdorferi genome, occurring approximately once every 1 kb.

EbfC was shown to bind DNA as a homodimer, and site-directed mutagenesis studies indicated that EbfC and its orthologs appear

to bind DNA via a novel &#945;-helical ‘tweezer’-like structure.

http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/37/6/19...
It is noteworthy that many of the &#945;-helix 1 and 3 residues of EbfC are distinct from residues in both YbaBEc and YbaBHi (Fig. 1), consistent with the differences in

DNA preferences between the E. coli and H. influenzae YbaB proteins and their spirochetal ortholog.
----------
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846702
The PUR-domain is a nucleic acid-binding motif found in critical regulatory proteins of higher eukaryotes, and in certain species of bacteria. During investigations into mechanisms by which the Lyme disease spirochete controls synthesis of its Erp surface proteins, it was discovered that the borrelial PUR-domain protein, Bpur, binds with high affinity to double-stranded DNA adjacent to the erp transcriptional promoter. Bpur was found to enhance the effects of the erp repressor protein, BpaB.
++++++++++
Bpur also bound single stranded DNA and RNA, with relative affinities RNA > double stranded DNA > single stranded DNA.
++++++++++

They gave us all gene sharing stealth bioweapons in vaccines for decades to cause ALL Syndromes, Psych, Cancers today. And YOU PAY for it all with your tax dollars as they kill you with stupid.
Sam

Gleason, TN

#8400 Jul 27, 2013
well wrote:
Worked with polio
not
Sam

Gleason, TN

#8401 Jul 27, 2013
Supreme Court ruled you can't sue Big Pharma.
Sam

Gleason, TN

#8402 Jul 27, 2013
Stacie wrote:
<quoted text>
A parent can choose to vaccinate or not, but not vaccinating puts that child and other children who are around your child at risk for serious illness and death.
If there is an outbreak of a disease an unimmunized child poses a threat to the community. They can pass on the disease to babies to young for the immunization or who cannot have the immunization due to medical reasons(such as cancer). According to the WHO there were 158,000 measles deaths globally in 2011.
BS If the vaccines REALLY work whatcha worried about? An if your that sick stay home.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8403 Jul 27, 2013
Sam wrote:
Supreme Court ruled you can't sue Big Pharma.
Wow. I didn't know that. That's like giving Big Pharma a License To Kill with no fear of any repercussions!
But, it's also the reason that the FDA is so very, very important! It's our ONLY protection and we should DEMAND that it be empowered and we should keep a CLOSE WATCH over it and make sure that it's doing it's job for the Consumers and NOT as a puppet for Big Pharma!

Los Angeles, CA

#8404 Jul 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I didn't know that. That's like giving Big Pharma a License To Kill with no fear of any repercussions!
But, it's also the reason that the FDA is so very, very important! It's our ONLY protection and we should DEMAND that it be empowered and we should keep a CLOSE WATCH over it and make sure that it's doing it's job for the Consumers and NOT as a puppet for Big Pharma!
However, consumers also need to be aware that when the FDA looks into something and decides it's not a problem, then the consumers need to stop making up bullsh1t.

Wakefield claimed that mercury in vaccines caused autism.
Studies showed that autism rates didn't change between vaccinated and unvaccinated (disproving his claim).
The Anti Vaxers disagreed (based on nothing)
So Big Pharma did an additional study on the mercury, showing it causes no harm and is not linked to autism.
So Big Pharma REMOVED the mercury and the rate of autism did not change.
The Anti Vaxers then decided it was some other aspect of the vaccine that causes autism.
So Big Pharma addressed THAT issue.
The Anti Vaxers then decided it was yet some other thing.

Remember, at NO POINT did the anti-vaxers actually demonstrate that vaccines cause autism. They just made that claim against the actual evidence.

Big Pharma and the FDA have been bending over backwards for these people for YEARS, disproving all of these fraudulent claims.

And still the anti-vaxers come up with more stuff.

That's because their hurdle for legitimacy is: "Someone posted it to a forum".
Myth

Franklin, TN

#8405 Jul 27, 2013
TRUTH? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!Starting with Wakefield's work has N O T H I N G to do with mercury. There is no study comparing vax and un vax. Does not exist. The Denmark study left out children - it isn't strong science. You must work for Pharma or are too lazy to go past what the media erroneously reports. Your post (below) is nothing but error. Or lies.
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
However, consumers also need to be aware that when the FDA looks into something and decides it's not a problem, then the consumers need to stop making up bullsh1t.
Wakefield claimed that mercury in vaccines caused autism.
Studies showed that autism rates didn't change between vaccinated and unvaccinated (disproving his claim).
So Big Pharma did an additional study on the mercury, showing it causes no harm and is not linked to autism.
So Big Pharma REMOVED the mercury and the rate of autism did not change.
The Anti Vaxers then decided it was some other aspect of the vaccine that causes autism.
So Big Pharma addressed THAT issue.
The Anti Vaxers then decided it was yet some other thing.
Remember, at NO POINT did the anti-vaxers actually demonstrate that vaccines cause autism. They just made that claim against the actual evidence.
Big Pharma and the FDA have been bending over backwards for these people for YEARS, disproving all of these fraudulent claims.
And still the anti-vaxers come up with more stuff.
That's because their hurdle for legitimacy is: "Someone posted it to a forum".

Los Angeles, CA

#8406 Jul 27, 2013
Myth wrote:
TRUTH? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!Starting with Wakefield's work has N O T H I N G to do with mercury. There is no study comparing vax and un vax. Does not exist. The Denmark study left out children - it isn't strong science. You must work for Pharma or are too lazy to go past what the media erroneously reports. Your post (below) is nothing but error. Or lies. <quoted text>
No, Wakefield's original claim was based on his fraudulent study where he used too small a sample size, he hand picked the responses AND he altered the data.

And why? So he could sell HIS vaccine.

But when he got called out on it, that's when the "Oh, its the mercury" thing came up.

As for the Denmark study, it's a comprehensive retroactive study looking back for generations. It is far more complete than any other study ever performed.

Did individuals get left out? Yes. For example, infants that died before the date of getting vaccines or being able to be diagnosed as autistic. That's a data set which neither informs nor clarifies either position. It's useless.

And no, I don't work for any pharma companies. I just think it's profoundly dangerous that people like you can harm so many thousands of children with NO reprocusions simply because you're mentally ill and no one calls you on your bullsh1t
Myth

Franklin, TN

#8407 Jul 27, 2013
Again, you are wrong. Admit it. There IS no Wakefield STUDY. It is a paper with different meaning and context and weight from a study. You are misrepresenting Wakefield's work.

In Denmark the study used children diagnosed at certain facilities, not all children diagnosed.

I give up. You believe what you want to. Vaccines do cause harm, vaccine makers are not held accountable for harm, and parents should make an educated decision looking at both sides (not headlines) and should be allowed to opt out.
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Wakefield's original claim was based on his fraudulent study where he used too small a sample size, he hand picked the responses AND he altered the data.
And why? So he could sell HIS vaccine.
But when he got called out on it, that's when the "Oh, its the mercury" thing came up.
As for the Denmark study, it's a comprehensive retroactive study looking back for generations. It is far more complete than any other study ever performed.
Did individuals get left out? Yes. For example, infants that died before the date of getting vaccines or being able to be diagnosed as autistic. That's a data set which neither informs nor clarifies either position. It's useless.
And no, I don't work for any pharma companies. I just think it's profoundly dangerous that people like you can harm so many thousands of children with NO reprocusions simply because you're mentally ill and no one calls you on your bullsh1t
Myth

Franklin, TN

#8408 Jul 27, 2013
"CALLOUS DISREGARD"
HeHe

North Augusta, SC

#8409 Jul 27, 2013
Myth wrote:
"CALLOUS DISREGARD"
All you have is an opinion, and as I'm sure you've heard. They're like butt holes, everybody has one, but some are so out of whack, you can't tell what it is.

Los Angeles, CA

#8410 Jul 27, 2013
Myth wrote:
Again, you are wrong. Admit it. There IS no Wakefield STUDY. It is a paper with different meaning and context and weight from a study. You are misrepresenting Wakefield's work.
In Denmark the study used children diagnosed at certain facilities, not all children diagnosed.
I give up. You believe what you want to. Vaccines do cause harm, vaccine makers are not held accountable for harm, and parents should make an educated decision looking at both sides (not headlines) and should be allowed to opt out.
<quoted text>
And if they choose to opt out, they should be held finacially responsible for anyone who gets sick because their child was not vaccinated.
Myth

Franklin, TN

#8411 Jul 27, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they choose to opt out, they should be held finacially responsible for anyone who gets sick because their child was not vaccinated.
Then vaccine makers should pay for harm and damage to children. Families bear the weight of a child damaged by a vaccine now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
omg! thank you! Thu U can watch 2
RIP Sean Davenport! (May '13) Thu GoHard 19
Pastor of the First United Methodist Church (Jan '10) Dec 5 Elf 54
Taylor DeAnn Dalton (May '16) Dec 2 idlovetomakehercum 15
Former l.p.d in an altercation at football game Nov 30 Overitalready 6
Marshall County Bookings and Mugshots (Nov '15) Nov 30 Freddy 14
Don't Use Vanguard! (Apr '09) Nov 29 Sam Donaldson 35

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance