Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9767 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#7719 May 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand there are poisons and there are non poisons?
One does not determine a toxic substance by the dose.
That is absolutely false.

There is no substance which is not toxic at high enough levels.

WATER will kill you if you drink too much.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7720 May 19, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if it doesn't get into your lungs. Drink too much and the excess will find a way out, either by continuing down the digestive system, or via reverse peristalsis.
Bob

Bridgetown, Barbados

#7721 May 19, 2013
no

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7722 May 19, 2013
Pertaining to the Polio Vaccine...I, for One, do NOT want to see a return of the Iron Lung machine, or the Modern Day equivalent, in this Country!
For both my Adult Children and Myself, I would much prefer to take our chances with the vaccine, ANYTIME!

Los Angeles, CA

#7723 May 19, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if it doesn't get into your lungs. Drink too much and the excess will find a way out, either by continuing down the digestive system, or via reverse peristalsis.
Wanna bet on that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxicati...

DOSAGE is important.

Beginning to grasp that you are in over your head?
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7724 May 19, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada,yada,yada.
I did not believe we were thinking about drinking 20 gallons of h2o with din din were we?
You are pushing it a bit.

Los Angeles, CA

#7725 May 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada,yada,yada.
I did not believe we were thinking about drinking 20 gallons of h2o with din din were we?
You are pushing it a bit.
The point is that ANY substance is dangerous at a high enough dose.

Your argument has been that dose is irrelevant. That if something contains any amount of something that is dangerous at high levels, then it is dangerous at the low levels.

By that standard, anything containing water is toxic.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7726 May 19, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that ANY substance is dangerous at a high enough dose.
Your argument has been that dose is irrelevant. That if something contains any amount of something that is dangerous at high levels, then it is dangerous at the low levels.
By that standard, anything containing water is toxic.
I did not say dose was irrelevant.I am saying that you are making a big deal out of dose and saying everything in a large enough dose can be dangerous and blowing off, that,as in for instance, radiation is just plain without a doubt, absolutely something you ought to stay away from. Where as one could swim quite safely in your pool or the Pacific Ocean which is quite a large dose of water.

Los Angeles, CA

#7727 May 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say dose was irrelevant.I am saying that you are making a big deal out of dose and saying everything in a large enough dose can be dangerous and blowing off, that,as in for instance, radiation is just plain without a doubt, absolutely something you ought to stay away from. Where as one could swim quite safely in your pool or the Pacific Ocean which is quite a large dose of water.
When exactly do you plan to go swimming in your pool? Only at night?
justsoyouknow

Ashburn, VA

#7728 May 19, 2013
Done my homework I wonder what books you get your homework from. They seem poorly written. Water at very high amounts will displace the electrolyte balance in the body and can cause a cardiac event, sometimes fatal. Your ignorance, no matter how vast, is dispelled with a minimal amount of knowledge.
justsoyouknow

San Jose, CA

#7729 May 19, 2013
There is no definitive connect between autism and vaccines. The timing of the shot and the development of autism in the same age range leads a lot of people to assume vaccines caused it. I think they are going to see a stronger link to obesity of the mother and gestational diabetes as the culprit. There are some studies investigating it now.
Thomas

Morristown, TN

#7730 May 19, 2013
justsoyouknow wrote:
Done my homework I wonder what books you get your homework from. They seem poorly written. Water at very high amounts will displace the electrolyte balance in the body and can cause a cardiac event, sometimes fatal. Your ignorance, no matter how vast, is dispelled with a minimal amount of knowledge.
get it gurl

Location hidden

#7731 May 19, 2013
justsoyouknow wrote:
Now, you're trying to sound intelligent and educated, but I gotta tell ya, it ain't working for ya. You sound more like Willard!

Los Angeles, CA

#7732 May 19, 2013
justsoyouknow wrote:
There is no definitive connect between autism and vaccines. The timing of the shot and the development of autism in the same age range leads a lot of people to assume vaccines caused it. I think they are going to see a stronger link to obesity of the mother and gestational diabetes as the culprit. There are some studies investigating it now.
What always drives me nuts about the timing thing is the arbitrary nature of picking one thing over another.

How about: Getting the last of your baby teeth in leads of autism.
or: Attending kindergarten leads to autism.

After all, isn't all that stuff around the same time too?
justsoyouknow

Leesburg, TX

#7733 May 19, 2013
The problem with your assertion sexysassysenior (you really stretched for that alliteration: look it up) is that I am educated. A person does not have to try when the knowledge and skills are handily at their disposal.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7734 May 19, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
When exactly do you plan to go swimming in your pool? Only at night?
Why? Were you looking for an invite to the big pool party next Friday night?

Location hidden

#7735 May 19, 2013
justsoyouknow wrote:
The problem with your assertion sexysassysenior (you really stretched for that alliteration: look it up) is that I am educated. A person does not have to try when the knowledge and skills are handily at their disposal.
I would advise you to learn to spell before you try to go any farther.
justsoyouknow

Mount Vernon, TX

#7736 May 19, 2013
I advise you to point out the words I did not spell correctly. I am going to go out on a limb limb and guess that you probably are not familiar with two of the words I used.
Bean

Kazakhstan

#7737 May 19, 2013
I went to the turd grades.
justsoyouknow

Mount Vernon, TX

#7738 May 19, 2013
And since you are weakly attempting to be a grammar Nazi I will point out your obvious misuse of the word "farther." The correct use of that word would be further. The form farther is used to denote physical distant. You are welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisburg is a corrupt sh_thole town 10 hr thereturn of some... 18
talking about who's snitching ni nana 10 hr thereturn of some... 10
News New Details Emerge In Tad Cummins Case May 19 ThomasA 5
Walker Diecast (Mar '15) May 19 Noname 18
Landfill (Aug '07) May 16 Someone 5
Can you blame Tad? really? May 16 Fred Z 13
are you thankful to live in marshall county? (Aug '07) May 15 Cmpunk316 11

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance