Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9780 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Hey

Crossville, TN

#7658 May 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make this simple for you.
Recently, a couple followed their religious beliefs and "prayed" for their child to be cured of a chronic ear infection which subsequently led to his death.
Had this child received a normal course of antibiotics, he would be alive and well.
This was the THIRD child these parents have sacrificed in this way.
Is it their right to deny these children medical attention, knowing that it will lead to the child's preventable death?
-or-
Is it the duty of the rest of the citizens to step in and protect a fellow citizen from unjust, unsafe and unfair practices which are being forced upon them by this couple?
Who stepped in when the SV-40 was discovered in the Polio Vaccine?
They just continued on.
Now it continues to pass on from generation to generation.
But of course none of this really exists does it?
Who stepped in when the government experiments on the people without their knowledge? Like the little children who they radiated and killed them.
Your information says vaccines are safe and they work.Others have information that says they are not safe and have been shown not to work.
The antibiotic story is not the same as the vaccine story.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7659 May 17, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember him. The only reason I said he was not "stooped" is because you thought the one you were responding to was him... It is hard to comprehend the mentality of some of these posters.
TELL ME ABOUT IT! I don't understand ANY of them, except for a couple, or so, of the Long-timers that still use the same Names. The rest of them just confuse the heck outta me, which is their intention, I'm sure.
Almost everybody that I once dearly loved, has left or changed Names....and I don't know which. I may be missing Posters that are still here, for all I know!:(
phantom

Lavinia, TN

#7660 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>TELL ME ABOUT IT! I don't understand ANY of them, except for a couple, or so, of the Long-timers that still use the same Names. The rest of them just confuse the heck outta me, which is their intention, I'm sure.
Almost everybody that I once dearly loved, has left or changed Names....and I don't know which. I may be missing Posters that are still here, for all I know!:(
Dodging it yet again SSS? Lol all that does is tell everybody that you really are a welfare grabbing loser.

Location hidden

#7661 May 17, 2013
I've decided that Topix is hard on my emotions! Kinda like a bad ride on an Emotional Roller Coaster!:)
phantom

Lavinia, TN

#7662 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>TELL ME ABOUT IT! I don't understand ANY of them, except for a couple, or so, of the Long-timers that still use the same Names. The rest of them just confuse the heck outta me, which is their intention, I'm sure.
Must not take much to confuse you.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#7663 May 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Who stepped in when the SV-40 was discovered in the Polio Vaccine?
They just continued on.
Now it continues to pass on from generation to generation.
But of course none of this really exists does it?
Who stepped in when the government experiments on the people without their knowledge? Like the little children who they radiated and killed them.
Your information says vaccines are safe and they work.Others have information that says they are not safe and have been shown not to work.
The antibiotic story is not the same as the vaccine story.
The problem here, as always with you internet loons, is that you think that both sides of the debate have the same quality and quantity of information. They don't.

A man in a tinfoil hat posting that the Earth is hollow is not equal the entire rest of geology telling him it's not.

A person claiming WITHOUT evidence that SV40 is responsible for anything is not equal to the endless studies which have shown no such link.

Further, you are trying (and failing) to hold the world up to some ideal standard that does not exist.

This is not a question of whether or not something can achieve an imaginary perfect solution, but one of whether or not more good is done than harm.

You've got no evidence that the polio vaccine has caused ANY damage, yet we DO know that the polio vaccine eradicated... wait for it.... polio.

If you had a child crippled by polio you would be on this same forum ranting and raving about how medical science has failed to provide you with a cure for polio.

Instead, because you have been saved from that horrible outcome, you're here claiming that the people who actually PREVENTED that from happening are failures because you _THINK_ that _MAYBE_ something _MIGHT_ be wrong.

Nice try. Go back to flipping burgers and playing x-box. The grown ups are too busy trying to save people's lives to deal with the likes of you.

Location hidden

#7664 May 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem here, as always with you internet loons, is that you think that both sides of the debate have the same quality and quantity of information. They don't.
A man in a tinfoil hat posting that the Earth is hollow is not equal the entire rest of geology telling him it's not.
A person claiming WITHOUT evidence that SV40 is responsible for anything is not equal to the endless studies which have shown no such link.
Further, you are trying (and failing) to hold the world up to some ideal standard that does not exist.
This is not a question of whether or not something can achieve an imaginary perfect solution, but one of whether or not more good is done than harm.
You've got no evidence that the polio vaccine has caused ANY damage, yet we DO know that the polio vaccine eradicated... wait for it.... polio.
If you had a child crippled by polio you would be on this same forum ranting and raving about how medical science has failed to provide you with a cure for polio.
Instead, because you have been saved from that horrible outcome, you're here claiming that the people who actually PREVENTED that from happening are failures because you _THINK_ that _MAYBE_ something _MIGHT_ be wrong.
Nice try. Go back to flipping burgers and playing x-box. The grown ups are too busy trying to save people's lives to deal with the likes of you.
I took the Polio Vaccine in the second grade, I think, and had to take a Booster Shot in the 3rd or 4th grade, I think...sometime around there.
The School sent a note home to our Parents and I don't remember if they had to give permission or if it was to just notify them of it. Anyway we all lined up and took them.
Now, I'm 65 years old and in darn good health as far as I know, better than many of my Friends of the same age. I've been healthy all of my Life...I've been lucky. So, if the Polio Vaccine harms People, it certainly didn't me or any of my Classmates, as far as I know.
But, I do know somebody, 6 years older than me, who contracted Polio before the vaccine came out and that Person has been crippled all of that Person's Life, from it. So, I think it's wonderful stuff, or it was then. It stopped the Polio!
phantom

Lavinia, TN

#7665 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>I took the Polio Vaccine in the second grade, I think, and had to take a Booster Shot in the 3rd or 4th grade, I think...sometime around there.
The School sent a note home to our Parents and I don't remember if they had to give permission or if it was to just notify them of it. Anyway we all lined up and took them.
Now, I'm 65 years old and in darn good health as far as I know, better than many of my Friends of the same age. I've been healthy all of my Life...I've been lucky. So, if the Polio Vaccine harms People, it certainly didn't me or any of my Classmates, as far as I know.
But, I do know somebody, 6 years older than me, who contracted Polio before the vaccine came out and that Person has been crippled all of that Person's Life, from it. So, I think it's wonderful stuff, or it was then. It stopped the Polio!
And now you take a check and a food stamp card from the government.
tired of ignorance

Pikeville, TN

#7666 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I've decided that Topix is hard on my emotions! Kinda like a bad ride on an Emotional Roller Coaster!:)
You must like it ! You keep coming back for more
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7667 May 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
At least they have jobs. Unvaccinated anarchists serving up burgers, veggies, and soda pop to an unsuspecting world. Working in factories that can and process your GMO foods, leaving a trail of microscopic organisms on foods that may or may not be killed by the cooking temperatures. Until creatures were found living and thriving around fumerols on the oceans' floors, we believed ourselves to be relatively safe, but now ..... Who knows?

Not only that, but consider carefully how many pathogens are airborne, communicated through the simple act of breathing.

Los Angeles, CA

#7669 May 17, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
At least they have jobs. Unvaccinated anarchists serving up burgers, veggies, and soda pop to an unsuspecting world. Working in factories that can and process your GMO foods, leaving a trail of microscopic organisms on foods that may or may not be killed by the cooking temperatures. Until creatures were found living and thriving around fumerols on the oceans' floors, we believed ourselves to be relatively safe, but now ..... Who knows?
Not only that, but consider carefully how many pathogens are airborne, communicated through the simple act of breathing.
Your thinking is amazingly muddled.

You're worried about GMOs while at the same time ranting about the fact that every square inch of the world we live in is covered in microscopic bacteria that could have come from just about anywhere.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7670 May 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have not looked at the charts showing that these diseases were already flatlined before the vaccines,due to better sanitation and nutrition,
You seem to have forgotten the 47 some thousand paralyzed kids in India with a little help from Gates and the Polio vaccines he pushed.
Maurice Hilleman, Merck scientist acknowleged the SV-40 in the polio vaccines.Why SV-40 because there were 39 other animal viruses that came along for the ride.The 39 that are connected to autoimmune diseases.
But none of this exists either.
You and your side kick SSS seem to think you are connected with the truth from the Gods and those who do not agree do not have the correct sources.
addy baby

United States

#7671 May 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is your good info?You didn't mention Tea Pubs or Fake Fox?
You are slipping.Maybe you could give us some information on the Zombies.
do u rlly wanna know bout zombies? Id think twice,for rl.

Location hidden

#7672 May 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have not looked at the charts showing that these diseases were already flatlined before the vaccines,due to better sanitation and nutrition,
You seem to have forgotten the 47 some thousand paralyzed kids in India with a little help from Gates and the Polio vaccines he pushed.
Maurice Hilleman, Merck scientist acknowleged the SV-40 in the polio vaccines.Why SV-40 because there were 39 other animal viruses that came along for the ride.The 39 that are connected to autoimmune diseases.
You and your side kick SSS seem to think you are connected with the truth from the Gods and those who do not agree do not have the correct sources.
Have you ever taken any vaccines? If so, what kind and when?
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7673 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever taken any vaccines? If so, what kind and when?
Did y'all used to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy?
Fly on the Wall

Nis, Serbia

#7674 May 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Did y'all used to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy?
I like the Easter Bunny the best.

Los Angeles, CA

#7675 May 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does that explain the resurgence of measles, whooping cough, etc during the current internet driven vacc-scare you are promoting?

Did we all of the sudden completely loose sanitation and nutrition but just in areas where vaccinations have dropped?

AMAZING!
1.25 BILLION people in India.
47,000 people is .003% of the population.
Once again, we vaccinated the _ENTIRE_ US population.

If there were diseases caused by these vaccines, there would be a CLEAR and ENORMOUS spike in the data immediately following vaccination.

Show me in the data where that exists.

Show me that immediately following the polio vaccine we all of the sudden had 50% of the population come down with leprosy?

Didn't happen.

How about 10% of the population coming down with monkey fever? Nope.

How about 1% of the population suddenly thought they could talk to cheese? Nope.

You are claiming all these negative health effects yet you don't have ANY evidence to demonstrate that it ACTUALLY occurred.

Meanwhile, we can point to the fact that polio has been eradicated EVERYWHERE except for where the Taliban is currently hiding out.

How is that possible if vaccines are all make believe?
SusieQ

Milford, MI

#7676 May 17, 2013
Yes!!!! Immunizations use to be free at your local Health Department. Alot of health insurances cover them also. I vaccinated my children and they have vaccinated their children. Now we have people from all four corners of the world here and with them their un-vaccinated children, and the bug-a-boo's from the homeland. We now have whopping cough starting back up at an alarming rate and deaths with it. I think people should be vaccinated before being allowed to board a plane for the USA.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7677 May 17, 2013
Jonas Salk,inventor of the IPV,testified before a Senate subcommitte that nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine.
"Official data shows that large scale vaccination has failed to obtain any significant improvement of diseases against which they were suppose to provide protection"Dr,Sabin,devel oper of polio vaccine.
"Many here voice a silent view that the Salk and Sabin vaccine,being made from monkey kidney tissue,has been directly responsible for the major increaser in Leukemias in this country"Dr.Klenner MD

Location hidden

#7678 May 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
Jonas Salk,inventor of the IPV,testified before a Senate subcommitte that nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine.
"Official data shows that large scale vaccination has failed to obtain any significant improvement of diseases against which they were suppose to provide protection"Dr,Sabin,devel oper of polio vaccine.
"Many here voice a silent view that the Salk and Sabin vaccine,being made from monkey kidney tissue,has been directly responsible for the major increaser in Leukemias in this country"Dr.Klenner MD
So, you say! Anything you say is worth absolutely NOTHING! YOU People just can't get it through your thick heads, YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY...NONE, ABOUT ANYTHING!
Stop wasting Posters time with your unsubstantiated BS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sovereign Citizens in America-problem or not? 17 hr Grape Ape 84
Home town loony people, how many can you name? Tue Listenandlearn 8
Forget the Trump train, the Trump ship is sinki... Aug 20 Dump Trump 14
Dirt Cheap (Apr '16) Aug 20 thereturn of some... 25
What's the craziest thing that's ever happened ... Aug 20 UncleFuggz 7
shooting in lewisburg Aug 20 Bang Bang 20
Schools and the eclipse Aug 20 Be still 5

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance