what about Larry Jones
I have questions

Lewisburg, TN

#1 Mar 11, 2013
What is the story about Larry Jones running for city council. Was he the man in charge of the Lewisburg Water Dept. when they bought the broke down Cornersville water system that cost the rate payers of Lewisburg almost a million dollars? Later rates in Lewisburg went up almost 20% on our water bills and over 30% on the sewer. If so, he is the last man I want to vote for city council. Also heard something but not sure about an equipment company he ran before that, that went under. Was he responsible? Are these things true or just rumor?
Street Talk Is

Columbia, TN

#2 Mar 11, 2013
I have questions wrote:
What is the story about Larry Jones running for city council. Was he the man in charge of the Lewisburg Water Dept. when they bought the broke down Cornersville water system that cost the rate payers of Lewisburg almost a million dollars? Later rates in Lewisburg went up almost 20% on our water bills and over 30% on the sewer. If so, he is the last man I want to vote for city council. Also heard something but not sure about an equipment company he ran before that, that went under. Was he responsible? Are these things true or just rumor?
Well I don't know but have you heard some street talk something about broke 2 tractor companies, both closed, helped broke the water department and had something to do with the derogative derivatives deal the city of Lewisburg got into?
I have questions

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Mar 11, 2013
Street Talk Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know but have you heard some street talk something about broke 2 tractor companies, both closed, helped broke the water department and had something to do with the derogative derivatives deal the city of Lewisburg got into?
Thanks, that helps some. If he was the manager of the water dept. and was responsible for a tractor company going out of business and whatever the derogative derivatives deal is then how in the world can this man show his face to even run for a political office. Does he have rich and important friends that will help him? Do most people in Lewisburg know about this and how do they feel?
Dead Cow Water

Columbia, TN

#4 Mar 12, 2013
I have questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, that helps some. If he was the manager of the water dept. and was responsible for a tractor company going out of business and whatever the derogative derivatives deal is then how in the world can this man show his face to even run for a political office. Does he have rich and important friends that will help him? Do most people in Lewisburg know about this and how do they feel?
I don't know how some can show their face or much less even run for political office?
Some say, some public officials have no clue what they do or done, others hear, a few years back a Lewisburg city council man said "he did not need any people to tell him to go to hell, He knew that already!"

Rotten Dead Cow

Columbia, TN

#5 Mar 12, 2013
What if you noticed the city water tasting, smelling different and latter received a state report showing high bacteria count?
Called the Lewisburg Water Department and was told by the water department manager, it was due to higher than usual algae in the river, come to find out was it due to a rotten dead cow stuck in the city intake pipe?
Why was the Lewisburg water department customers not told at once of the rotten dead cow stuck in that intake pipe, causing the water to show high bacteria counts, so the public could boil their and their childrenís water or buy bottle water?
Now who would wants, cover ups, corrupt public officials like that for City Council?
Mooooo

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2013
Rotten Dead Cow wrote:
What if you noticed the city water tasting, smelling different and latter received a state report showing high bacteria count?
Called the Lewisburg Water Department and was told by the water department manager, it was due to higher than usual algae in the river, come to find out was it due to a rotten dead cow stuck in the city intake pipe?
Why was the Lewisburg water department customers not told at once of the rotten dead cow stuck in that intake pipe, causing the water to show high bacteria counts, so the public could boil their and their childrenís water or buy bottle water?
Now who would wants, cover ups, corrupt public officials like that for City Council?
Are children looking more like Cows today? are adults walking through Walmart mooing? was there an uptick of sickness at the time? exactly, when did this happen?
Rotten Dead Cow

Columbia, TN

#7 Mar 12, 2013
Mooooo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are children looking more like Cows today? are adults walking through Walmart mooing? was there an uptick of sickness at the time? exactly, when did this happen?
Who knows how many times it has happen!
But the time spoken of LJ was the Water Department manager!
BH was the Emergency Managment Department manager and LL M dug the rotten dead cow out!

Mooooo

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2013
Rotten Dead Cow wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows how many times it has happen!
But the time spoken of LJ was the Water Department manager!
BH was the Emergency Managment Department manager and LL M dug the rotten dead cow out!
Well LL M is gone now! Oh my, what are we did do now? since there was no documented illness or disease created by the situation, why all the fuss? Did LJ plant the cow? is there some sort of conspiracy you are relating to? I have seen no documentation of wrongdoing on LJ's part.
Guerrilla Humorist

Cantonment, FL

#9 Mar 12, 2013
Could have been worse- could have been rotten dead meeses, opossums, putrid fat matrons, maybe some pieces of feces & just a few geeses.

Seriously, how much fish pee do you drink in a lifetime?
Tennessee gal

Portsmouth, VA

#10 Mar 12, 2013
If there had been transparancy it may have turned out better for everyone.
1) Tell the community the truth asap. There was a cow stuck in the pipe, get the news out and for the best interest of the community, test the water, let the community know you are on top of things even if the alarm flags were not raised.
2) Put out information about clean water until the water test results comes back. Go to radio, television and newspapers for interviews.
3)Set up information booths at the busiest areas in town with information. Set up a recording at the water department about the situation and offer help.
4) When the test results come back (these were clear) then thank the community for their efforts, and thank individuals that also helped the community.
5) Set up a protocol for when these things happen and create a point paper with lessons learned.
There's more, but the majority is just common sense.
Guerrilla Humorist

Cantonment, FL

#11 Mar 12, 2013
You'll love this:

Chinese river choked with pig carcasses

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/T0RVMF7BSUPQ...

Dead Cow Water

Columbia, TN

#12 Mar 12, 2013
Guerrilla Humorist wrote:
You'll love this:
Chinese river choked with pig carcasses
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/T0RVMF7BSUPQ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =X9gqStFxAo4XX
At least the China allowed the truth out where as did Lewisburg Public officials cover the truth up?

Expect anything in China, but would you expect local Church going so called Christians, Lewisburg City Water Department manager's Officials in Lewisburg to be just as cover ups and corrupt as those in communistic countries might be?
When they donít have to, mislead, lie, cheat or steal do some do that anyway?
Is the shame all they had to do was tell the public the bacteria counts were high from a rotten dead cow found stuck in that Lewisburg / Marshall County drinking water intake and it was best to boil the water or buy bottle water till that bacteria count got back to normal.
But know did LJ mislead or lie by saying it was cause by high algae in the river?

Rotten Dead Cow Water

Columbia, TN

#13 Mar 12, 2013
Mooooo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well LL M is gone now! Oh my, what are we did do now? since there was no documented illness or disease created by the situation, why all the fuss? Did LJ plant the cow? is there some sort of conspiracy you are relating to? I have seen no documentation of wrongdoing on LJ's part.
Wonder if LLM drank any of that water or caught any disease from if digging the rotten dead cow out?
How many might have died or be dying from stomach, colon, liver cancer or save if only the rotten dead cow, had been reported at once and the public been told to boil their Lewisburg city / County drinking water?
Rich Important Friends

Columbia, TN

#14 Mar 12, 2013
I have questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder how many of those so called rich and important friends, have possibly gotten cancer, know someone dead or dying with cancer?
Would like to know if that cancer came from drinking water with high bacteria counts, and was the public told as soon as City or County public officials knew a rotten dead cow was stuck and dug from the city / County water intake?
Yet when LJ was asked told the high bacteria count was cause by algae in the river?
Why on earth not inform the public as soon as they knew, so the public could boil their and their childrenís water or buy bottle water?
Till that high bacteria count went down?
hmmm

Columbia, TN

#15 Mar 14, 2013
just what Lewisburg needs....LJ's trying to run the city as he did the water department...BROKE...
Tax Man

Lawrenceburg, TN

#16 Apr 1, 2013
LJ is buddies with Ronald McCrady.... need I say more. A vote for LJ is a vote for RM!
keeps on taking

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Apr 1, 2013
Tax Man wrote:
LJ is buddies with Ronald McCrady.... need I say more. A vote for LJ is a vote for RM!
Yes, Jones and McRady a friends and would vote together on all things more than likely. Cornersville is thinking about expanding its city limits. Guess what comes with that? Water and sewer lines. Since Jones, and not Carr, masterminded the takeover of the Cornersville department while he was the head of the water dept., it will be the rate payers of Lewisburg that will pay a vast majority for those improvements in Cornersville and not the people of Cornersville for the extensions that will have to take place if Cornersville expands its city limits. Thanks Larry Jones and I guess you are the gift that keeps on giving but in this case giving to Cornersville and away from Lewisburg. Vote for anyone other than Jones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They're coming for Trump 14 hr Dump Trump 31
Interbreeding in Petersburg 15 hr John Mellows 3
Want to make easy money? Just following the li... 20 hr Captain Kangaroo 3
Billy and sue together Thu Jean Luc Picard 9
Sue/billy together Wed Anonymous 1
billy joe wright Nov 20 Lilly 2
Pathetic White Men (Mar '16) Nov 19 UncleFuggz 30

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance