Internet based phones at schools not ...

Internet based phones at schools not safe

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

Bill

Lawrenceburg, TN

#1 Feb 16, 2013
While trying to call about my son this week, I discovered that whenever the internet is down in our schools the phone lines are also down. It seems Marshall County Schools has decided to cut corners and save money by putting the phone lines on the internet, like Magicjack. Who's bright idea was it to take something as important as the phone lines and put them through the internet? I realize people have access to cell phones, but why are we putting employees in the position of using their own phones, if they can get a signal, in an emergency? Can we not afford to provide adequate phone services to our schools? Also, what if someone needs to call the school in an emergency? After not being able to get through, do they need to start trying to get through to the cell phone of someone in the building?

Something as important as reliable communication to and from the schools is not something we should be taking any chances with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr McKnight's office 49 min piss ant 4
homeless tunnel? 6 hr blond-girl-1992 1
mike waggoner 6 hr your right 9
Cutie.at.little.ceasars 9 hr Lmao 2
Family court judge 9 hr Bitchysnitchy 4
Any Wiccans or Pagans? (Apr '11) 19 hr No spell on me 98
Poll why would anybody vote robert dalton in office ? (Jun '14) Mon Sowen 16

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance