Jim Bingham announces bid for mayor

Jim Bingham announces bid for mayor

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
some old folks

Columbia, TN

#1 Jan 11, 2013
so this is who is to run for mayor, so for you all who do not know this is the husband of lisa jackson , now she uses that name but i was told that was his wife, now is this not the same lady who works with the current mayor here and has been on several boards for the mayor and did she not help decided on some of the same issues with the mayor, so let me see if i can get this right, there will be no new changes for this is the same bunch who got us here i say no to jim and will vote for anyone not part of this bunch
ermahgerd

Lawrenceburg, TN

#2 Jan 11, 2013
I feel so sorry for you folks. Sounds like everyone angling for mayor is either a dufus or related to a dufus. Glad I don't live there!
stupid is as stupid does

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Jan 11, 2013
He has my vote. He is a very intelligent man and does and excellent job on the Planning and Zoning Board. Way to go Mr. Bingham you have my vote and totaly support!!
doop

Franklin, TN

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Mr. Bingham has never been married to Lisa Jackson.
Who told you this was incorrect. He is a very intelligent person and so is his wife, whom has been is wife since day one.
Really

Lawrenceburg, TN

#5 Jan 12, 2013
doop wrote:
Mr. Bingham has never been married to Lisa Jackson.
Who told you this was incorrect. He is a very intelligent person and so is his wife, whom has been is wife since day one.
So he is cheating on his wife with this Lisa girl?? Wow. He can't be too intelligent.
Columbia Tn

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Jan 12, 2013
I'm stupid
doop

Franklin, TN

#8 Jan 12, 2013
No he has nothing to do with Lisa. Lisa is a happily married woman as well as Jim is happily married for 50 some odd years with his wife.Somebody out there is just trying to make him look bad.
Expert

Lawrenceburg, TN

#9 Jan 12, 2013
Bingham is an idiot and Bob Phillips BFF. I'd say McCrady and Phillips urged him to run.
Expert

Lawrenceburg, TN

#10 Jan 12, 2013
And I'm not Really with the Columbia ISP who was making dumb comments.
some old folks

Columbia, TN

#11 Jan 13, 2013
ok we were told wrong about the wife thing , our bad, but still he has been working with the city on these boards and making decisions with the current leaders , so if he could do anything to help this city why has he not already done it, they are just tring to keep it in their group
Who Cares

Columbia, TN

#12 Jan 17, 2013
The Mayor does nothing here anyway. What do they make, like 200 bucks a month? They don't vote on anything unless there is a rare tie in council. They just get their photo taken at an occasional ribbon cutting. It's a show position. Just another way to be part of the so-called Lewisburg Elite.
Another Lewisburg Crook

Columbia, TN

#13 Jan 17, 2013
Who Cares wrote:
The Mayor does nothing here anyway. What do they make, like 200 bucks a month? They don't vote on anything unless there is a rare tie in council. They just get their photo taken at an occasional ribbon cutting. It's a show position. Just another way to be part of the so-called Lewisburg Elite.
How little do you know the Mayor appoints to the boards and people feel the effects of those boards for years after those Mayors are long gone! That is why Lewisburg stays the same effects of the boards who on those boards think they serve at the Mayor's discression and esentully think they serve the Mayor's wishes not the public's protection to check and double check the managment of those departments!
Wake up board members are u not appointed to be a check and balance system as to know when any department is being operated crooked or stealing, wasting, over charging the people?

Crooked Department managers, do happen and appointed board members should know and be responsible!
Info

Murfreesboro, TN

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Another Lewisburg Crook wrote:
<quoted text>
How little do you know the Mayor appoints to the boards and people feel the effects of those boards for years after those Mayors are long gone! That is why Lewisburg stays the same effects of the boards who on those boards think they serve at the Mayor's discression and esentully think they serve the Mayor's wishes not the public's protection to check and double check the managment of those departments!
Wake up board members are u not appointed to be a check and balance system as to know when any department is being operated crooked or stealing, wasting, over charging the people?
Crooked Department managers, do happen and appointed board members should know and be responsible!
Yep and 3 city managers in as many years, sure would like to hear an exit interview with these people.
Knows a Lot

Columbia, TN

#15 Jan 17, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>Yep and 3 city managers in as many years, sure would like to hear an exit interview with these people.
Wonder how much will this city manager get to keep his mouth shut how Lewisburg is managed?
you did it

Columbia, TN

#16 Jan 17, 2013
well go ahead and vote their friend jim in and see what changes
Conflict of Interest

Columbia, TN

#17 Jan 17, 2013
you did it wrote:
well go ahead and vote their friend jim in and see what changes

Would he not have a conflict of interest making him not able to even run for office of Mayor?

Grandparent

Buford, GA

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Conflict of Interest wrote:
<quoted text>
Would he not have a conflict of interest making him not able to even run for office of Mayor?
How is there a conflict of interest? If he is currently on a board or chairman of one, he will give it up if elected.
U Just Stupid

Columbia, TN

#19 Jan 18, 2013
Grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>
How is there a conflict of interest? If he is currently on a board or chairman of one, he will give it up if elected.
Don't his company do lots of business in which the City of Lewisburg must approve or disapprove, like right of ways, street and roads rezones?
Personal profits?
stupid is as stupid does

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jan 18, 2013
U Just Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't his company do lots of business in which the City of Lewisburg must approve or disapprove, like right of ways, street and roads rezones?
Personal profits?
Mr. Bingham is the chairman of the Planning and Zoning Board and does an excellent job. The City Charter states that the Mayor of Lewisburg HAS to serve on this board. If Mr. Bingham is elected mayor it would only make common sense that he remain chairman of the Planning Board because the Charter would require his membership on it. He runs these meetings and if a client that he has worked for comes before this board Mr. Bingham ALWAYS refuses himself from voting because of a possible conflict of interest and does not try to sway the board either way on the issue. He is a fair man and would make a good Mayor of Lewisburg and I do consider him a friend of mine. Attend one of his meetings and see for yourself how excellent a job he does for the city.
Fly on the wall

Franklin, KY

#21 Jan 18, 2013
Has another city manager resigned?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Goddard/Benton Banking Company (Nov '13) 16 hr astep 3
Home Builders in Marshall County 19 hr Peachy Keen 2
Taylor DeAnn Dalton Tue Lifetime lburg re... 11
In search of,.. Jul 22 Just me 2
Convenience Stores (Jul '07) Jul 20 Waka 6
mike waggoner Jul 19 PAC MAN 26
speed limits in town Jul 18 the return of goo... 12

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages