Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

Comments (Page 4,811)

Showing posts 96,201 - 96,220 of138,902
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe anyone on Topix can justly allege misconduct on your part, Pete. I have always considered you a remarkably patient poster who remains notably measured in retort! As you aptly point out, we have all been slammed with endless live-fire from from hypocritical filth-mongers who issue their well-chosen calls for pleasantry either because they lost a battle or feel forced into yet more ingratiation. It's sickening! The losers who lay wait in the grass do not deserve your reserve. I say this not to encourage a change, but to assure you that you are respected by those capable of grasping the concept! It's actually come to the point where decent people are coerced to apologize for simply having the benefit of a great education, career and business prosperity, honor and more! Beyond that, I say let those hungry for war come prepared!
Thank you for the kind words OW. I truly appreciate them. I also agree with the points you have made. As sincerely as I can state it, my only desire on this forum is to educate and to be educated. I think I have viewpoints that can help, but I also have weaknesses that others can help me with. Everyone has an opinion they would like to share and they should if they feel strongly about it. It is also of my opinion it is ok to disagree with differing viewpoints. However, everything else is simply drama. Sometimes the drama grows to disrespect. This is when nobody benefits.

Again, I am touched by your post. Thank you.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"racism" "tea party"
Which housing project drone actually read that from the script? They all look and smell alike, their "thoughts" interchangeable.
Sounds to me like yu describing the Liberal Democratic party of which you are part of....Ah----I get it now,,, a Self Portrait
Ornery

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I have never been a big fan of Al Gore, and I was pretty sure Clinton fatigue and some other issues which I will not go into here would cause Gore to lose the White House.
.....Republicans had a mediocre governor running against a Senator that I respected in the primary. That Governor spent the war years in the Texas Air National Guard, while that Senator was in Southeast Asia, and for part of that time was a POW.....
I watched as Bush trashed McCain unmercifully especially in the South Carolina Primary, and I never had any respect for "W" after that.
I would have given VERY SERIOUS consideration to voting for John McCain if he had been the nominee in that election.....
As I posted, I was not a big Al Gore fan, and what capped that stack was the pick of Joe Lieberman as his running mate....
Eight years later, McCain had moved far to the right AND picked Palin as his running-mate...both non-starters with me.
I still respect McCain and saying that usually ticks off some of my more liberal friends !
"I still respect McCain and saying that usually ticks off some of my more liberal friends !

I doen't see why that is when he is as liberal as you are. When he put Palin on the ticket, he was trying to balance the ticket out, him liberal, her conservative.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

olivia wrote:
<quoted text>The civil rights act changed both parties...Prior to the civil rights acy the GOP by and large supported Democratic ideals...The Civil rights act changed all of that..The GOP adopted an oppositional stance and morphed into a party entirely different...They are not the GOP of Lincoln any more...The Civil rights act changed the game for them.
you are really not "right Bright" are you. The democrats were totally against the civil rights act. and the GOP did push it through congress. Dah...... They have continued to enslave you and the minions(in their minds) by keeping you on handouts. The buy your vote plain and simple. You don't have to think about, learn the facts, just vote for the person feeding, housing,giving you all your dreams. Small dreams uh
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Ornery wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think he is doing to wallstreet. He is giving them a bailout in the form of more printed money. This turn keeps interest rates low so they can make money on their stocks. You If Obama Does NOT for the first time,,, I see a crack in that shield he has put foth.. Another nite or two you might just turn to someone who can really help you. The conservatives.
This is probably one of the most insightful posts I have read on here. Now I am not so sure about Obama having that much control of the Fed, but interest rates being kept low and easy access to money are two of the main reasons for Wall Street success during a recessionary economy. Where else are investors going to place their money? And on a global level, with many other nations in economic turmoil, the U.S. stock market is an attractive venue for investments. The minute interest rates start creeping up and the minute the Fed starts easing back on bond purchases, watch what the market will do. I don't blame the Fed for doing what they are doing, they simply want to jump start the economy. But after this long, it is clear this strategy isn't working. In my opinion, it is not working because the institutions who can get this low interest money are not feeding it to the people who will spend it. I don't know all the reasons for this, but I do know some of them are because of stricter regulations regarding lending money and the hesitancy of people to enter into debt agreements.

I would propose funneling this money straight to the spenders. I would suggest how to do this, but I do not want to stir up a Topix controversy tonight. I will wait until martini night to do this :)
Ornery

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your hoods and Robes.
As I stated before,,,,you are the racist and race-baiter and the racemonger. You and your liberal party.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

2 universtity dgrees wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? "racist"? "misogynist"? "sexist"? "the Rich"?
Imbecile.
Another pretty word. bet she don't know what it means or maybe just maybe she does. Another self-portrait

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

national enquirer wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have flown a A4 Skyhawk like he did while have a sam missiles shot at you.
He wasn't shot down! He crashed his plane! He, also, got special treatment as a POW too, because of who his Daddy was. Things such as a nice bed, pillow, and blanket while he was in the hospital.

And don't say that is not true because I saw it myself on the TV, when the Red Cross was talking to him in his Hospital Bed. The other POWs got thrown back into their mud floor cells to recuperate on their straw mats on that mud floor.

Then, when he came home to the Wife who had stuck by him during all of that, he divorced her, when she had a slightly disfiguring car accident.

What a Guy, huh!
Ornery

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably one of the most insightful posts I have read on here. Now I am not so sure about Obama having that much control of the Fed, but interest rates being kept low and easy access to money are two of the main reasons for Wall Street success during a recessionary economy. Where else are investors going to place their money? And on a global level, with many other nations in economic turmoil, the U.S. stock market is an attractive venue for investments. The minute interest rates start creeping up and the minute the Fed starts easing back on bond purchases, watch what the market will do. I don't blame the Fed for doing what they are doing, they simply want to jump start the economy. But after this long, it is clear this strategy isn't working. In my opinion, it is not working because the institutions who can get this low interest money are not feeding it to the people who will spend it. I don't know all the reasons for this, but I do know some of them are because of stricter regulations regarding lending money and the hesitancy of people to enter into debt agreements.
I would propose funneling this money straight to the spenders. I would suggest how to do this, but I do not want to stir up a Topix controversy tonight. I will wait until martini night to do this :)
You got it Pete: Thanks and might I add.

Yes, we need to get it to the people who can spend it in many forms. Only then will the economy start growing. But now we have Obamacare that is going to cost most all 90+% our citizens more money with les to spend on other things. I really do think he wants it (the economy) to fail so he can take control of it. Hope I am wrong.

p.s. Don't worry about where you are from,,,not to many on this thread has the knowledge and the ability to teach others like you do. thanks again.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Kissy, kissy!^^^
Ornery

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Kissy, kissy!^^^
ummmhua ---one for you too sassy..... don't want ot leave you out.

lol
Sad

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost any moral high ground when you transformed into a giggly little schoolboy around the foulest poster on Topix, MS Gurl.
no different than you and SSS there hypocrite. But in true libtard fashion , you libs never look at your own
sick of youpepole

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't shot down! He crashed his plane! He, also, got special treatment as a POW too, because of who his Daddy was. Things such as a nice bed, pillow, and blanket while he was in the hospital.
And don't say that is not true because I saw it myself on the TV, when the Red Cross was talking to him in his Hospital Bed. The other POWs got thrown back into their mud floor cells to recuperate on their straw mats on that mud floor.
Then, when he came home to the Wife who had stuck by him during all of that, he divorced her, when she had a slightly disfiguring car accident.
What a Guy, huh!
pure lies is all and you don't got a way to knowing anything about them . but out, big mouth. You aint nothing to this family and they don't wont your interfering with thyere kids neither. aint none of the, ever done scwat to you in the fitrs place so but the hell out of it....//././ it aint ur divorse so you wont have a say in it to sort out/ let everybody handle there own trouble and but the hell out for good.// ur a lyin pile of it and jake knows what he needs to. but out./
2 universtity dgrees

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

MadScientist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the Earth’s volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? Research findings indicate that the answer to this frequently asked question is a clear and unequivocal,“No.” Human activities, responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions in 2010 (Friedlingstein et al., 2010), release an amount of CO2 that dwarfs the annual CO2 emissions of all the world’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes (Gerlach, 2011).
Maybe you can come up with a way to stop volcanic eruptions, that will help a little, but not much.
Friedlingstein et al

Gerlach

Any affiliation with the corrupt IPCC?
MadScientist

North Augusta, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

2 universtity dgrees wrote:
<quoted text>
Friedlingstein et al
Gerlach
Any affiliation with the corrupt IPCC?
What does "your" research tell you. Let me guess, you're out of beer!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well D., I have been called a racist, a bigot, gay, a pedophile, a woman hater, a nazi and probably several more that I can't remember right now. Every once in a while, human nature takes over and I have the urge to fire back. However, mine are vulgarless.
Yes, I am the same Pete from the Tri-Cities. I have no idea why my location keeps changing. I post from my phone, my tv and my computer and it usually says Johnson City. Something must have changed with my IP provider. It's still me though.
Good Morning Pete;
Well we have some things in common, but sad to say I guess that just come with the turf. I myself have been trying to clean things up by watching what I call certain things.
Anyhow I know what you mean by your location keeps changing, mine has done the same thing.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

here now wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pretty evenly shared I would guess.
Yeah here now I will agree with you on this one.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost any moral high ground when you transformed into a giggly little schoolboy around the foulest poster on Topix, MS Gurl.
Good Morning O.A., you hit it spot on, ol' Willard is like one of those "Transformers".
Thaddeus Stevens

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

The Virginia Gov.'s race is over they elected a Democrat the conservative and moderate Republican Party as sent the tea party a message we will remove the tea party from the Republican Party we will remove Phil Roe and Marsha Blackburn I compare the tea party to a lizard crawling around on the ground on their bellies and using their sticky tongue to pull in spiders and little insects just like they use their pallets of their mouth to tell their lies with which they have been brainwashed to and with this I say goodbye to the tea party good riddance.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
What a Guy, huh!
That's right I forgot about him crashing his plane into some power lines I believe it was in Spain, and how his Daddy got him out of that one. All the time his peers were ticked off.
Then later like you stated he dumped his wife because she became ugly after the accident.
I can still remember my marriage vows, and the one that states, "through sickness and health.........."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,201 - 96,220 of138,902
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lewisburg Discussions

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
missing horse 3 hr common sense 5
Sheriff Norman Dalton 4 hr PEEDRO 173
1 way ticket to South America is $667 4 hr common man 10
Public Defenders Race 5 hr Rerun 34
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Typical 8,872
Hillary Clinton in 2016! 12 hr Agnostic and Proud 17
it is back!! 13 hr hoofbeat 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lewisburg People Search