Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#88135 Jul 13, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I used the word hate.
You didn't Tim but I detest liberals who are assaulting the First, Second and Fourth Amendment. They will get around to the rest of them eventually.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#88136 Jul 13, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such word as maladaptive. It is not in my Random House Webster's College Dictionary, copyright 2001. Maladaptation and maladapted are words, maladaptive is not. Nice try...again. Your first sentence is incorrect also, "unions are," not unions is. Subject and verb must agree. As to the institutions being systematically destroyed, try the Constitution and the Boy Scouts. There are more but those two will suffice for now.
Main Entry: mal·adap·tive
Pronunciation:\-tiv\
Function: adjective
Date: 1931
1 : marked by poor or inadequate adaptation 2 : not conducive to adaptation

http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/...
BC Alien

United States

#88137 Jul 13, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such word as maladaptive. It is not in my Random House Webster's College Dictionary, copyright 2001. Maladaptation and maladapted are words, maladaptive is not. Nice try...again. Your first sentence is incorrect also, "unions are," not unions is. Subject and verb must agree. As to the institutions being systematically destroyed, try the Constitution and the Boy Scouts. There are more but those two will suffice for now.
Now your just pulling my leg or blowing smoke up my a**. Pissin on my leg and calling it rain, take your pick. Grammar never way my forte but hey I adapted and you get the messasge. I'm just as mystified as Bill Mar that you would bring up the Boy Scouts. I'm sure if they had made any changes recently in the constitution I would have heard about it. Looks like the last time that happened was 1992 with a smelly pub for pres.(Smelled like a lying sack of ----)Well admit it. It's time to make some changes. It will happen in 50-100 years. Remember the word Adaptation.
Now what is it that has you so upset about the Boy Scouts?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#88138 Jul 13, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Main Entry: mal·adap·tive
Pronunciation:\-tiv\
Function: adjective
Date: 1931
1 : marked by poor or inadequate adaptation 2 : not conducive to adaptation
http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/...
Well, OA, 1931 is a mite out of date. Mine is 2001 and I don't believe you have a 1931 dictionary and if you do, it isn't there. Nice try.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#88139 Jul 13, 2013
"Jurors In Zimmerman Trial Have Question."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/jurors-zimmerman-trial-...

Location hidden

#88140 Jul 13, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I used the word hate.
You didn't have to, because you implied it throughout your entire Post.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#88141 Jul 13, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
So...? He earned it, he didn't cheat Others to get it, nor take it from Others who had less than him, nor demand that they make less, so he could make more, and I'm quite sure he has always paid his Fair Share of Taxes. So, what's your point?
Ok, I'll bite on this one even though most people will probably ignore it due to its severe lack of intelligence.

TV actors get their money from producers.
Producers get their money from tv stations.
TV stations get their money from advertising.
The entities advertising are corporations.
Corporations are what you call the evil demons who take money away from you.

Summary, Ed Asner's money came from corporations.
If corporations are evil as you say, then Mr. Asner's gains are ill-gotten.

Hence, you contradicted your own post.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#88142 Jul 13, 2013
lol wrote:
I received this in a forwarded email earlier this week. This is really straight forward thinking and “calls it like it is....” It’s attributed to standup comedian Jeff Foxworthy though I couldn’t corroborate that from a brief internet search. If Mr. Foxworthy said this then kudos to him for his clever observations. If not, then kudos to whoever wrote it. But this pretty well sums up how Conservatives and Liberals view the world.
Jeff Foxworthy on the fence: Which side of the fence?
If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
If a Conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a Liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a Liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a Liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.(Remember, respect is always earned).
If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A Liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host because of what he/she says, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A Liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
If a Conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A Liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
Posted 16th September 2012 by fedoradude
Labels: liberals, conservatives
You will probably get bashed for this one, but it is a great post.
BC Alien

United States

#88143 Jul 13, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Jurors In Zimmerman Trial Have Question."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/jurors-zimmerman-trial-...
Yea, like how long can we sit here and milk this thing?
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#88144 Jul 13, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
You Conservatives DO LOVE those Propaganda Pieces. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not, just as long as it says what you like to hear. That's all that matters.
I wonder if you're like that in your Private and Personal Life, also.
My guess is, "YES".
Just one page prior to this post, you are listing links to Americans Against The Tea Party.org . Here is the link you posted -

http://aattp.org/fox-owner-rupert-murdoch-mig...

Now tell me again who is posting propaganda?

Location hidden

#88145 Jul 13, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't Tim but I detest liberals who are assaulting the First, Second and Fourth Amendment. They will get around to the rest of them eventually.
Aw, you "detest" Everybody except Rich People and Higher Earners...and you're "jealous" of them, but you just can't leave them alone. You want some of their "moola" and you'll do whatever it takes to get it...even pretend to "Like" them...or more!

Location hidden

#88146 Jul 13, 2013
"Everyone Knows That The Federal Reserve Banks Are PRIVATE...Except The American People:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-07-...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#88147 Jul 13, 2013
lol wrote:
If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host because of what he/she says, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/06/...

As a group of boycotters staged a protest outside of the theater where “The Late Show” with David Letterman is filmed, the funnyman continued to mock demands to take him off the air after he made series of crude jokes about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and her teen daughters.
lol wrote:
If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A Liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
Something about conservatives demanding to put God back into schools...

Location hidden

#88148 Jul 13, 2013
"Greenwald:'The U.S. Government Should Be On Its Knees Every Day Praying That Nothing Happens To Snowden'."

Click here:
http://www.zerohedge.com/

Location hidden

#88149 Jul 13, 2013
BC Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, like how long can we sit here and milk this thing?
Until the Jury comes back with a Verdict.

You're big on starting things, and not finishing them, aren't you?

Location hidden

#88150 Jul 13, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one page prior to this post, you are listing links to Americans Against The Tea Party.org . Here is the link you posted -
When you learn the difference between Propaganda (Lies) and a News Article or Opinion/Information Piece...then, you'll have your answer.
BC Alien

United States

#88151 Jul 13, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Skank, you are the one on here desperate for a man's attention. Anyone that flirts with you. You are beside yourself flirting and begging for sex. That is a trashy skank, not me. Fyi,if your dumbazz could read this post was to oa about "really" . It didn't have anything to do with you, nasty skank!!Learn to read, crack ho
Is she sitting on one of these all day? This is why her posts don't seem to ring true?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybian

Location hidden

#88152 Jul 13, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the information in this Article isn't true, just because you don't like where it came from? Well, you better investigate a little farther. It's been talked about in every Major "Newspaper" in the U.S. And Great Britain, for weeks, if not months!
I posted a Link to some of them, in the beginning of this REAL Scandal! But, of course, you Brainwashed Fox Fake News Fanatics refused to read them, much less comment on them.

I expected nothing else from the TEApublicans, the "Party Of Denial", if it's anything scandalous about the Wrong-doings of their Beloved Propaganda Cable TV Channel and/or it's Owner and Employees.
It threatens to destroy their whole Illusion.
They're the same way about their Like-minded Politicians, too. It's what makes them so easily fooled...and Fox Fake News knows that and takes full advantage of it, too.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#88153 Jul 13, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The King James version of the Bible that has been translated numerous times, that has words in it that there are no corresponding words in the English Language for the Hebrew Word, so another English Word was used (which might, and can, change the entire meaning), AND that King James had his Scholars insert a lot of things into it, just to keep "his Masses" (People) in line and make it easier for him to Rule them...that King James Bible!
And BTW, isn't there one or two Books that are in the Catholic Bible , but are left completely out of the Protestant Bible? "Vet" should be able to tell you all about that, since he's Catholic.
But, doesn't that make the Bible a Poor Source to "literally" live by, and be sure that you're doing what God really wants you to do, instead of listening to what he tells you is right and wrong, in your thoughts and conscience? He has the Power to do that, you know. It's just that some People ignore it! They will, instead listen to a Mortal Man (Preacher) and do what that Mortal Man claims to have read, and interpreted the meaning of, in the already "Altered" Bible.
THAT just makes no sense to me, especially when ALL those Mortal Men (Preachers) seem to have a different interpretation of what that "Altered" Bible says and means for People to do, even in the same Protestant Denomination! And they ALL claim their "interpretation" is the Right One...even YOU!
God gave ALL of us the ability to think for Ourselves and to reason things out (Common Sense), but way too Many of us refuse to use it!
An attractive proposition, the idea of man's sovereignty has been proclaimed through the centuries but pronounced dead by the adjudication of history. I understand why people wish to cling to this idea and associated trends of thought having to do with this subject, but it is all deception, not as a matter of my opinion, but by the dictates of biblical truth having been consummated (proven) historically, archaeologically, spiritually, dispensationaly and prophetically.

You assert the notion of self-determination by the reference to "common sense". God does address issues of common sense, but directs us to a specified course of learning about him and his creation from men chosen to teach and/or preach.

1st Corinthians 2: 1-5 - Apostle Paul wrote:

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save (EXCEPT) Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Man has always thought perhaps "Integrity" is the foundation for all good and decent human beings, regardless of their religion or lack thereof. In man's moral economy this seems a plausible idea. Based upon my own life experience this is supreme "deception."

The contemporary secular world has always pondered the great question of man's complete inability to properly govern himself. The dark attributes of human character (Which God calls sin) have always revealed the truth of man's complete inability to accomplish this, even in a fundamental way.

Every dispensation since the dawning has brought forward scientists, religionists, philosophers, social visionaries and truly great thinkers to wrestle with this problem.

Usually, the prevailing theme is the notion that man will elevate "himself" out of human depravity through his own effort. This flawed idea almost always fixes the elevating forces of rescue as academic leaps in knowledge, sophistication of science and the idea of man's ability to remain noble, in and of himself. May I suggest, history has utterly crushed these ideas, rendering them useless and belonging on the dung heap!

Thanks for the interest!

Location hidden

#88154 Jul 13, 2013
ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
An attractive proposition, the idea of man's sovereignty has been proclaimed through the centuries but pronounced dead by the adjudication of history. I understand why people wish to cling to this idea and associated trends of thought having to do with this subject, but it is all deception, not as a matter of my opinion, but by the dictates of biblical truth having been consummated (proven) historically, archaeologically, spiritually, dispensationaly and prophetically.
You assert the notion of self-determination by the reference to "common sense". God does address issues of common sense, but directs us to a specified course of learning about him and his creation from men chosen to teach and/or preach.
1st Corinthians 2: 1-5 - Apostle Paul wrote:
And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save (EXCEPT) Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Man has always thought perhaps "Integrity" is the foundation for all good and decent human beings, regardless of their religion or lack thereof. In man's moral economy this seems a plausible idea. Based upon my own life experience this is supreme "deception."
The contemporary secular world has always pondered the great question of man's complete inability to properly govern himself. The dark attributes of human character (Which God calls sin) have always revealed the truth of man's complete inability to accomplish this, even in a fundamental way.
Every dispensation since the dawning has brought forward scientists, religionists, philosophers, social visionaries and truly great thinkers to wrestle with this problem.
Usually, the prevailing theme is the notion that man will elevate "himself" out of human depravity through his own effort. This flawed idea almost always fixes the elevating forces of rescue as academic leaps in knowledge, sophistication of science and the idea of man's ability to remain noble, in and of himself. May I suggest, history has utterly crushed these ideas, rendering them useless and belonging on the dung heap!
Thanks for the interest!
My information came from Andrew Greeley, a Priest of Catholic Faith (I think, if memory serves), and Live-long Theologian who was an Expert on all things, concerning the Bible and Religion, as well as a New York Times Best-Selling Author, many times over, on the subject of Religion and the Bible.

I would suggest that you read some of his Books and Articles, and anything else about him that you can find because it is fascinating.

He was getting out of a Cab in NYC and was hit by a vehicle, He had been bed-ridden since that accident and recently died. But, his thoughts, opinions, and Books are some of, if not THE most highly-acclaimed, of all time, by Members of the Clergy and all others of Religious Faith.

What I posted, came from him, the Expert...NOT ME!

Apparently, you don't know as much about Religion and the Renowned Experts on the Subject and their views , as you claim, OW...or you would have surely recognized what I posted and immediatedly known the Source...Andrew Greeley was Known and Respected as an Expert on the Subject, World-wide!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson,Mo, this should not be news 14 hr Done 1
Richard Turner, resigns from LES 18 hr Herding the stupid 18
Lewisburg Citizens Ruin Communities 18 hr Herding the stupid 7
Lewisburg Fire Dept taking advantage Mon Curncurned citzin 38
Happy Thanksgiving to all Mon Community 2
Ferguson Animals Mon TiredOfThugs 1
Prayers For Abused Inmates! Mon Prison Luxury 9
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match

Lewisburg People Search