Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, IF and WHEN I ever see this "Study", MAYBE I'll believe it. Until then...well, you figure it out because I'm not going to keep repeating myself!
Big Bad Bubbas are dense and hard-headed, too...aren't you?
Here's an article from the Association for Psycological Science, at the very bottom: "For more information about this study, please contact: Michael Bang Petersen at michael@ps.au.dk or Daniel Sznycer at dsznycer1@gmail.com."

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php...
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

This SHOULD be right in your wheelhouse...seeing as they are talking evolution.

Together, the results indicate that an evolutionary perspective may help to illuminate political motivations, at least those of men.

“Many previous studies have shown that people’s political views cannot be predicted by standard economic models,” Petersen explains.“This is among the first studies to show that political views may be rational in another sense, in that they’re designed by natural selection to function in the conditions recurrent over human evolutionary history.”

However, the researchers found no link between upper-body strength and redistribution opinions among women. So, Sassy, you can quit doing all those pushups.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
This explains why there are so many liberal girly "men"
Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views
Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-232...
Cavemen were quite strong, yet evolution was necessary for them to survive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an article from the Association for Psycological Science, at the very bottom: "For more information about this study, please contact: Michael Bang Petersen at michael@ps.au.dk or Daniel Sznycer at dsznycer1@gmail.com."
http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php...
One implication from this study is that physically stronger men are greedier than weaker men.

How does this correlate to Christianity in context with its warnings against greed. Was Jesus admonishing right-wingers when He spoke so highly of the "meek?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

From your link...

"... physically strong males consistently pursue the self-interested position on redistribution.”
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
One implication from this study is that physically stronger men are greedier than weaker men.
How does this correlate to Christianity in context with its warnings against greed. Was Jesus admonishing right-wingers when He spoke so highly of the "meek?"
I'm not sure as the study didn't address Christianity at all, only evolutional and economic theory.

I think Jesus was admonishing everyone.
Athena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Cavemen were quite strong, yet evolution was necessary for them to survive.
I would like to see the person who thinks this statement is "nuts", "clueless" and "disagrees" with it.

Really!!! someone out there really thinks that evolution is not necessary or that evolution doesn't exist at all?

Or is it just some troll judge bombing everyone that isn't as closed minded as themselves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Athena wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see the person who thinks this statement is "nuts", "clueless" and "disagrees" with it.
Really!!! someone out there really thinks that evolution is not necessary or that evolution doesn't exist at all?
Or is it just some troll judge bombing everyone that isn't as closed minded as themselves.
I have "fans" that negatively judge my posts; many times without even reading them.
Trace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Notfromhere wrote:
Yes, they do! <quoted text>
If you don't know what you are talking about you should just keep your assumptions to yourself.

You might be able to tell these lies to other brainwashed small minded sheep like yourself but the fact is most Muslims are good people who keep to themselves.
I have known many Muslim families and they are all kind people who respect others religions, in fact since I have known these families I have grown to trust them over most of my Christen friends because they are always honest with me and never try to deceive me.
By saying all Muslims are evil because some of them have committed horrible acts is insane, you know the same logic could be said about Christens or anyone for that matter.
But I'm sure logic is lost on someone so dense, I bet your one of those loving Christens who hate black people and gays also who spends so much time trying to cherry pick passages from the bible to support your hatred and contempt.
Buy the way next time you're reading your King James bible try to remember that it was interpreted and written by a black homosexual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure as the study didn't address Christianity at all, only evolutional and economic theory.
I think Jesus was admonishing everyone.
Are you incapable of relating greed to Christian ideology in the (not so) abstract?
Athena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Athena wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I got my answer. It's just closed minded trolls who are probably so devolved that they don't have the ability to respond in any intelligent manner.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are you incapable of relating greed to Christian ideology in the (not so) abstract?
Sure.

I just will not play your game - attempting to bait me into an argument concerning Chritianity when the posted study had absolutely nothing to do with religion, much less Christianity.

But, nice try though.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have "fans" that negatively judge my posts; many times without even reading them.
I hope someday I can break your record!
holly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
This explains why there are so many liberal girly "men"
Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views
Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-232...
I can't remember the last "physically strong" president. We have had slim, fit ones, but I wouldn't say they were physically strong. To me, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Ford, Nixon were all mediocre in the strong category. The "governorator" of Cali, Arnold, was fit and there you have it.
Rocco

Collinwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
They disagree even if you say the sun rises in the east...lol.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

We've all been told that the definitive proof of Insanity is to keep doing the same thing over, and over, and over again. By that definition, it's official...the TEApublican Party is the Party of the Insane!
If they continue to do this, they will soon have wasted enough Taxpayer Money to have paid for Obamacare for several years.
No matter how you look at it, their actions are definitely INSANE!
----------
"House GOP Votes To Repeal Obamacare 36 Times, Still Has Nothing To Show For It:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/hous...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Athena wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I got my answer. It's just closed minded trolls who are probably so devolved that they don't have the ability to respond in any intelligent manner.
YOU ARE CORRECT, MADAME!
mensan

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

i will never vote republican again, their do nothing and wasteful attitude is reprehensible.
Notfromhere

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

You are the one who is totally misinformed. Please educate yourself on what the Muslim religion is all about. I have met and talked to many people who have strong Muslim beliefs and if they are true to their religion, they have one purpose and I believe most Americans know what that purpose is. As for all your other assumptions ..they are totally wrong, but since you are not as educated as the average street washer, I will forgive your stupidity.
Trace wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know what you are talking about you should just keep your assumptions to yourself.
You might be able to tell these lies to other brainwashed small minded sheep like yourself but the fact is most Muslims are good people who keep to themselves.
I have known many Muslim families and they are all kind people who respect others religions, in fact since I have known these families I have grown to trust them over most of my Christen friends because they are always honest with me and never try to deceive me.
By saying all Muslims are evil because some of them have committed horrible acts is insane, you know the same logic could be said about Christens or anyone for that matter.
But I'm sure logic is lost on someone so dense, I bet your one of those loving Christens who hate black people and gays also who spends so much time trying to cherry pick passages from the bible to support your hatred and contempt.
Buy the way next time you're reading your King James bible try to remember that it was interpreted and written by a black homosexual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
We've all been told that the definitive proof of Insanity is to keep doing the same thing over, and over, and over again. By that definition, it's official...the TEApublican Party is the Party of the Insane!
If they continue to do this, they will soon have wasted enough Taxpayer Money to have paid for Obamacare for several years.
No matter how you look at it, their actions are definitely INSANE!
----------
"House GOP Votes To Repeal Obamacare 36 Times, Still Has Nothing To Show For It:(VIDEO)."
Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/hous...
CORRECTION:
The first sentence of my comment should have read...over, and over, and over again "and expecting different results"...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cat fightin, drama lamas and dirty laundry 19 min LMAO 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 23 min WTH 9,262
Fat Girl Smell (Jan '13) 1 hr curious 57
Walmart 2 hr American 46
Taxi???? 3 hr timjohnson74656 21
The End Is Near - ISIS, Islam, Babylon, Iraq 3 hr Jesus is Lord 1
Do you know who is hiring ? 4 hr Free Stuff 7

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000