Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#76891 Apr 22, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, thst's quite a legislative record. I'm sure every Tennesseean is happy that they can now bring their gun to work....if they don't have a job anymore, or are one of the working poor, they can't get expanded Medicaid, a program that we taxpayers in Tennessee are paying, for folks in other states, but not our own...Yes sir... a red letter year for the legislature of Tn.
Actually, government works best when it's out of session. Now, if we could only get the federal government shut down for 8 months.

OTH, Homeland Security may not have been able to connect the dots to prevent the Boston Massacre if they were on furlough.

Oh, yeah. They were too busy buying up all the bullets to prevent that.

Nappy Janet's gotta go.
Notfromhere

Longview, TX

#76892 Apr 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you wouldn't make such ridiculous Posts if you EVER read a News Article , or watched and listened to the News Reports, first. It's so painfully obvious that you NEVER do any of the aforementioned, not even the One in the Post Link that you responded to!
Some Posters really strive to remain ignorant and revel in doing so! I guess ignorance is truly Bliss for some People!
Coming from the
Queen of ridiculous posts, you should know! This literally made me LOL!
Pete

Clemmons, NC

#76893 Apr 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, allow me to ask you a hypothetical question, lets say one of you employees while working on the job, doing everything right, had a accident and lost both legs, and his job(top paying) required him to use both legs. Now would you give him a latteral job, or a less paying job or just wait until you had a reason to fire him?
To answer your question about my experience with the Labor Dept., I have no experience........that is what I pay my Union agent for.
Now about this fertilizer plant in Texas! My Liberal Ideology does not overshadow the fact that they had been storing 1,350 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that would normally trigger safety oversight by the DHS. They did not tell the DHS about this. Hey it's just another pesky regulation that Republicans can't stand.

Republicans and Labor rights.
Republicans at this very moment are making a new platform to weaken the powers of Unions./
Hi Dunlapian. First, hope you are doing well. Second, I do appreciate the initiative you take regarding researching the reason for differing viewpoints. I also appreciate you giving me the opportunity to explain.

I would be happy to answer your hypothetical question. The answer is a little more complicated than what you have depicted. The answer depends on what the employee is qualified to do. If he/she was capable of performing another job that did not require the use of legs, then that employee would indeed get a lateral job offer. If that employee did not have the capability of performing another job, that employee would qualify for disability through both workmanship comp and through our company provided disability insurance and would start receiving disability benefits. As I stated earlier, firing is not an option for any employer when an employee gets hurt at work. Wherever you heard that information I don't know, but that information is incorrect.

I don't know how long you have been retired, but workman's comp works pretty well without any involvement by a third party. In fact, I really don't see how a third party can possibly get involved. Unions aren't necessary on any workmanship comp claim. And since I provide disability insurance for my employees, a unions involvement would only jeopardize that benefit.

Regarding the fertilizer plant, your point is well taken and I agree with you. However, politicizing this event is unnecessary and you don't know if the owners of the fertilizer plant are republicans or democrats. This is what I mean when I mention "ideology."

Finally, if the link you posted is actually true, I agree with it. For the most part, in my opinion, unions do more harm than good. Businesses actually want to attract good employees and keep them. Most will ensure they are competitive with wages and benefits to do this. Federal and state laws ensure companies follow strict guidelines regarding labor. Unions are not needed to ensure companies do this and are just one more expense to have to cover over and above the many taxes to ensure survival. The exception to this are employees of the government. However, unions have caused governments to go bankrupt and have caused governments to have to pay excessive wages and benefits. My definition of excessive is anything over and above what the market wages and benefits are. Which option do you think is better, paying average wages for a particular job and keeping taxes in check or paying excessive wages and benefits and raising taxes to pay for this? The second of these choices is unsustainable. A lady earlier said she scrubbed floors at a hospital her whole life and was ending her career basically broken down and poor. This may sound harsh, but my reply is she should have enhanced her marketable capabilities sometime during her career so that she wouldn't have had to do that her whole life. This is not the hospital's fault. There is an upper end to what floor scrubbing is worth to any organization.
funny but

Paris, TN

#76894 Apr 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
wrote:

You know,.........
.......Some Posters really strive to remain ignorant and revel in doing so! I guess ignorance is truly Bliss for some People!
then YOU must be one HAPPY old bit/ch!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76895 Apr 22, 2013
Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, government works best when it's out of session. Now, if we could only get the federal government shut down for 8 months.
OTH, Homeland Security may not have been able to connect the dots to prevent the Boston Massacre if they were on furlough.
Oh, yeah. They were too busy buying up all the bullets to prevent that.
Nappy Janet's gotta go.
Janet Who??? BTW, Congress only works 3 days out of the week and takes weeks off for the most Minor Holidays, so you've got your wish, so now what's your excuse for them?
BTW, the House is wanting to cut it down to 2 days a week! You like throwing your Tax Dollars away that you pay them for doing NOTHINg, too, don't you? But, you're all for them taking from the People that want to work but there aren't jobs to allow them to do that. You're thinking is about as screwed up as your TEApublican Legislators thinking is! They rely on that and you certainly provide it! Watch some more of that Fox Fake News and let your brain go ahead and atrophy! It doesn't have far to go to complete the job!

Location hidden

#76896 Apr 22, 2013
Notfromhere wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from the
Queen of ridiculous posts, you should know! This literally made me LOL!
Well, you've got a sick sense of humor, anyway, so I'm not surprised!

You vote for TEApublicans, don't you? I rest my case, about your Sick Sense of Humor!

Location hidden

#76897 Apr 22, 2013
funny but wrote:
<quoted text>
then YOU must be one HAPPY old bit/ch!
I must have hit a nerve, since you reverted to your "attack the Messenger" Mode, which is always what TEApublicans do, when they hear the truth...even though it's difficult for them to recognize it , since it's an unknown commodity to them!

Location hidden

#76898 Apr 22, 2013
"OFFICIALS: Suspects Driven By Religion."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/officials-bomb-suspects...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76899 Apr 22, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dunlapian. First, hope you are doing well. Second, I do appreciate the initiative you take regarding researching the reason for differing viewpoints. I also appreciate you giving me the opportunity to explain.
I would be happy to answer your hypothetical question. The answer is a little more complicated than what you have depicted. The answer depends on what the employee is qualified to do. If he/she was capable of performing another job that did not require the use of legs, then that employee would indeed get a lateral job offer. If that employee did not have the capability of performing another job, that employee would qualify for disability through both workmanship comp and through our company provided disability insurance and would start receiving disability benefits. As I stated earlier, firing is not an option for any employer when an employee gets hurt at work. Wherever you heard that information I don't know, but that information is incorrect.
I don't know how long you have been retired, but workman's comp works pretty well without any involvement by a third party. In fact, I really don't see how a third party can possibly get involved. Unions aren't necessary on any workmanship comp claim. And since I provide disability insurance for my employees, a unions involvement would only jeopardize that benefit.
Regarding the fertilizer plant, your point is well taken and I agree with you. However, politicizing this event is unnecessary and you don't know if the owners of the fertilizer plant are republicans or democrats. This is what I mean when I mention "ideology."
Finally, if the link you posted is actually true, I agree with it. For the most part, in my opinion, unions do more harm than good. Businesses actually want to attract good employees and keep them. Most will ensure they are competitive with wages and benefits to do this. Federal and state laws ensure companies follow strict guidelines regarding labor. Unions are not needed to ensure companies do this and are just one more expense to have to cover over and above the many taxes to ensure survival. The exception to this are employees of the government. However, unions have caused governments to go bankrupt and have caused governments to have to pay excessive wages and benefits. My definition of excessive is anything over and above what the market wages and benefits are. Which option do you think is better, paying average wages for a particular job and keeping taxes in check or paying excessive wages and benefits and raising taxes to pay for this? The second of these choices is unsustainable.
And a good evening to you Pete;
I'm glad to see you would offer a lateral job to your employee that lost both legs at work. I would think this would benefit the company, as now they still have an employee that is productive. Not to mention the savings in disability insurance.
Now as far as other employees getting fired after being injured at work, your right I never "heard" of it happening I "saw" it happen first hand. It happened more than once, of course they were contract workers not protected the our Union and they were not fired right away, but within a year they would be fired for something petty, not related to the accident.
It seems like you think unions just want to take down companys, nothing (in my experience)is futher from the truth. You see to me unions are there to protect me (physically, financially ect.) To do this they have to make sure the company stays profitable. Yes we had some union employees that were worthless, and they were the ones that would get promoted. We had a saying, "Keep the best, promote the rest".
The companys with the best management, are the companys that unions have a hard time trying to survive.
The part about the fertilizer plant, is all about de-regulation, EPA and I hope we can both agree Republicans can't stand regulation, EPA ect.

Location hidden

#76900 Apr 22, 2013
"Mass. Mosque: Bomb Suspect Had 2 Recent Outbursts."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/mass-mosque-bomb-suspec...

Location hidden

#76901 Apr 22, 2013
This Man is an embarrassment to his District, this State, and this Country!
----------
"TN. Senator Jokes About 'Pressure Cooker Control' After Boston Bombings."

Click here:
http://www.wsmv.com/story/22046445/tn-senator...
Pete

Clemmons, NC

#76902 Apr 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>And a good evening to you Pete;
I'm glad to see you would offer a lateral job to your employee that lost both legs at work. I would think this would benefit the company, as now they still have an employee that is productive. Not to mention the savings in disability insurance.
Now as far as other employees getting fired after being injured at work, your right I never "heard" of it happening I "saw" it happen first hand. It happened more than once, of course they were contract workers not protected the our Union and they were not fired right away, but within a year they would be fired for something petty, not related to the accident.
It seems like you think unions just want to take down companys, nothing (in my experience)is futher from the truth. You see to me unions are there to protect me (physically, financially ect.) To do this they have to make sure the company stays profitable. Yes we had some union employees that were worthless, and they were the ones that would get promoted. We had a saying, "Keep the best, promote the rest".
The companys with the best management, are the companys that unions have a hard time trying to survive.
The part about the fertilizer plant, is all about What I am sure of is the fact when an employee gets hurt bad enough working for a non-union company in Tennessee he/she gets fired and we the tax payers have to pick up the tab for for that employee to go on disability benefits, not the company having to step up to the plate and explaining how this accident happened and they were following OSHA guidelines to the tee.de-regulation, EPA and I hope we can both agree Republicans can't stand regulation, EPA ect.
Well Dunlapian, like I said, per Tennessee state law, you cannot fire a worker for getting hurt at work and you would be stupid to do it after the employee returns to worksheet. The exception is if the worker does something that would normally lead to a termination. I have never seen or heard of this happening and it is against the law. And no, republicans are all for productive regulation. The EPA is over zealous with their intentions and damage the economy while not helping the environment. They are a political machine. For example, the EPA shut down coal fired power plants. Since no new nuclear or natural gas plants have been built, the remaining power plants can't handle the peak loads. Therefore, the remaining power plants have to raise rates during peak usage to lower demand during peak periods. Raising these rates makes going to school more expensive, makes businesses less profitable and cause hardships on the poor and elderly who stay home all day and can barely afford power in the first place. However, U.S. coal fired power plants are 10x cleaner than any other power plant in the world except for nuclear plants. In essence, we are cleaning up nothing, killing the coal industry, raising everyone's power rates and California actually has to do without power during certain times of othe day. No other country is doing this. The whole world has to join hands at cleaning up the earth or it won't work and penalize our economy unnecessarily. To state it in more extremes, I wouldn't want a snail darter keeping a region from having electricity.

Location hidden

#76903 Apr 22, 2013
Folks, here is the great "Glenn Beck Revelation"<s>

Let me warn you, be prepared for just another Basket of Boring Beck Balogna Bullchit!
----------
Click here:
http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/04/22/exposed-c...

Location hidden

#76904 Apr 22, 2013
"Feds Delay Policy To Allow Small Knives On Planes."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/feds-delay-policy-allow...

Location hidden

#76905 Apr 22, 2013
"Canada Confirms Arrests In Plot To Attack Train:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.reuters.com/video/2013/04/22/canad...
johnnie

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#76906 Apr 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>And a good evening to you Pete;
The part about the fertilizer plant, is all about de-regulation, EPA and I hope we can both agree Republicans can't stand regulation, EPA ect.
no one cares

Location hidden

#76907 Apr 22, 2013
If you haven't seen this, you really should watch it! It is so true!
----------
"Tax the Rich!"

Click here:
http://aattp.org/tax-the-rich-an-animated-fai...

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#76908 Apr 22, 2013
EASY TO BE HARD by 3 Dog Night

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/camden-tn/T52...

Location hidden

#76910 Apr 22, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
EASY TO BE HARD by 3 Dog Night
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/camden-tn/T52...
What am I missing here? Or did you just post the wrong Link?

Location hidden

#76911 Apr 23, 2013
Just alittle piece of advice...Say what you want, especially if the other Person doesn't know you personally.
The worst that can happen is they will say, "NO"! And if they do, you will survive, I promise!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrat's low IQ drives them to vote with emot... 8 hr Herding the stupid 40
"Sherriff Office Captain Under TBI Investigation" 9 hr Larry 61
Prayers For Abused Inmates! 10 hr jailbyrd 10
OMAR Steakhouse 10 hr poco 12
Who is she??????????????? 10 hr vicki 10
Ferguson Animals 11 hr the view 2
Ferguson,Mo, this should not be news Wed Herding the stupid 6
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match

Lewisburg People Search