Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76845 Apr 21, 2013
"Gun Violence Victims Detained, Put Through Background Check For Yelling 'Shame On You' At Senators."

Click here:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/04/18/...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76846 Apr 21, 2013
"Five Reasons The Republican Party Has Been On A Downward Spiral."

Click here:

http://stoptellingliesaboutliberals.blogspot....
truth teller

Livingston, TN

#76847 Apr 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
This is the Garbage (so-called) News Source that the TEApublicans get all their News(?) from and they believe every lying word of it! No wonder numerous Studies have shown them to be the Most Uninformed, and Misinformed, People in America!
----------
"FOX NEWS Host Blames Obama And His Middle East Policy For The Boston Bombings."
Click here:
http://www.examiner.com/article/fox-news-host...
Just like the libs that blamed Bush for everything.Go to bed give your tounge a rest and put on some sunscreen on your tounge its supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76849 Apr 21, 2013
truth teller wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the libs that blamed Bush for everything.Go to bed give your tounge a rest and put on some sunscreen on your tounge its supposed to be sunny tomorrow.
Why do you keep telling me everynight to "go to bed"?
Is that your kinda backward way of telling me, "Goodnight"? If it is, I would much more impressed with a simple, "Goodnight and Sweet Dreams".

BTW, what does Sunscreen taste like, anyway? Surely you don't put it on your tongue...I don't think that's a Body Part it's meant to be used on...but Hey, to each his own...Yuk, Spit, Gargle!:)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76850 Apr 21, 2013
"Hey, Second Amendment Lunatics! Think About This:"

Click here:
http://stoptellingliesaboutliberals.blogspot....

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76852 Apr 22, 2013
Are the People in this Nation going systemically insane???
----------
"POLICE: 5 Dead In Shooting South Of Seattle."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/police-5-dead-shooting-...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76853 Apr 22, 2013
I hope these Victims take everything the Owner(s) of this Fertlizer Plant, has...and most of what Texas has, also...if the Law allows that!
If they do, it couldn't happen to a more Deserving Bunch and State!
----------
"Evacuated Elderly Find New Home Together After Texas Blast."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/evacuated-elderly-home-...
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#76854 Apr 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I'm not a Tea Bagger, either!
That is quite unfortunate!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76855 Apr 22, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
That is quite unfortunate!!!
Lol! Are you trying to say that you think I would have made a good One?:)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76856 Apr 22, 2013
HOLD ON just a cotton-picking minute, here! Since when did the UN get into things like this???
This, or anything like it, is NOT what the UN was founded for!
Maybe you Guys are right about the UN needing to be paid attention to and we, the American People, need to know more about just exactly what all they have their hands into! This is not good, IMO!
----------
"Congress Pushes For 'Internet Freedom' As UN Showdown Looms."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/congress-pushes-interne...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76857 Apr 22, 2013
Afghanistan, Pakistan, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban (interchangable) are going to be a problem for us, for a very long time to come, I believe.
----------
"Taliban Capture 9 From Helicopter In Afghanistan."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/taliban-capture-9-helic...
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#76858 Apr 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I hope these Victims take everything the Owner(s) of this Fertlizer Plant, has...and most of what Texas has, also...if the Law allows that!
If they do, it couldn't happen to a more Deserving Bunch and State!
----------
"Evacuated Elderly Find New Home Together After Texas Blast."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/evacuated-elderly-home-...
Hmmmm. The last news account I heard was that they had not determined the cause of this explosion, yet you have no qualms about blaming it on the owners of the plant.

How un-opinionated of you.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#76859 Apr 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
This is the Garbage (so-called) News Source that the TEApublicans get all their News(?) from and they believe every lying word of it! No wonder numerous Studies have shown them to be the Most Uninformed, and Misinformed, People in America!
----------
"FOX NEWS Host Blames Obama And His Middle East Policy For The Boston Bombings."
Click here:
http://www.examiner.com/article/fox-news-host...
As the Boston Bombing news developed throughout the week, FOX News Channel was the most-watched cable news network among Total Viewers.

FNC's Monday through Thursday average topped both CNN and MSNBC in total viewers and demo for both total day and prime time. Additional details below.

4-DAY AVERAGE TOTAL DAY

FNC: 1,647,000 total viewers (421,000 in the demo)

CNN: 1,048,000 total viewers (403,000 in the demo)

MSNBC: 515,000 total viewers (162,000 in the demo)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/19/f...

The Pew Research Center found that fully 85 percent of MSNBC's reports are commentary and not news.

http://stateofthemedia.org/2013/special-repor...

Apparently Americans agree with this assessment and choose not to watch MSNBC when they're looking for real information about breaking news events.

Maybe it's time cable and satellite television providers realized this and took appropriate action by moving MSNBC away from real news channels in their station guides.
Blue Dog

Stanley, NC

#76861 Apr 22, 2013
Who's to blame? The Gov. Or the fertilizer plant?

The Associated Press is reporting that the fertilizer plant in West, Texas that exploded on Wednesday night hasn’t been inspected by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) since 1985, nearly three decades ago. It was issued a fine on its last inspection for a violation related to storing ammonia:
Records reviewed by The Associated Press show that OSHA issued the West Chemical & Fertilizer Co., as the plant was called at the time, a $30 fine for a serious violation for storage of anhydrous ammonia.
OSHA cited the plant for four other serious violations of respiratory protection standards but did not issue fines. The maximum fine for a serious violation was $1,000.
The plant was also cited for failing to get a permit in 2006 after a complaint of a strong ammonia smell. That smell was reported to be “very bad” on the night of the explosion. Storing ammonia at fertilizer plants can be very hazardous; in 2008, the Center for American Progress found a fertilizer plant that stored millions of pounds of anhydrous ammonia in Pasadena, Texas to be among the most hazardous chemical facilities in the country, with more than 3 million people living in range of a worst-case ammonia gas release.
A day after the explosion in West, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a new report documenting a widespread lack of workplace inspections by state OSHA programs. After surveying 22 state-run programs, it found that the agencies had problems with hiring and retaining inspectors, in part due to low pay. State budget cuts have had a big impact, leading to funding problems, and the federal agency often hasn’t taken over state plans because its own budget is too tight. This has meant that a workplace only gets a visit from OSHA inspectors every 99 years on average, with some state programs even worse. In Texas, a plant can only expect an inspection every 126 years.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76862 Apr 22, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitch most
Here's what you said -
What I am sure of is the fact when an employee gets hurt bad enough working for a non-union company in Tennessee he/she gets fired and we the tax payers have to pick up the tab for for that employee to go on disability benefits, not the company having to step up to the plate and explaining how this accident happened and they were following OSHA guidelines to the tee.
Well, if they were at work and got hurt, no, they would not get fired. You are wrong.
The new regulations are put in place to stop workmanship com scammers for driving up the cost of this insurance. This increases jobs, benefits and raises to employees. And the employee loses no rights. How in the world do you determine this to be bad and what republican has told you they are not for labor regulations?
BTW, the explosion happened at a fertilizer plant. What do you think they make fertilizer out of? Once again, your liberal ideology is overshadowing the facts. Exactly what experience do you have with the Department of Labor? I can tell you I have a lot and what you describe I have never seen. We've had plenty of people get hurt at work and not one was fired nor lost a paycheck. Every employee in the state receives these benefits, not due to a union but because employers like me are mandated to pay for it. And I am not even covered by it. You are actually condemning the very people who enable these benefits and state taxes aren't ever used to pay for this insurance. You're way off base with this opinion of yours.
Pete, allow me to ask you a hypothetical question, lets say one of you employees while working on the job, doing everything right, had a accident and lost both legs, and his job(top paying) required him to use both legs. Now would you give him a latteral job, or a less paying job or just wait until you had a reason to fire him?
To answer your question about my experience with the Labor Dept., I have no experience........that is what I pay my Union agent for.

Now about this fertilizer plant in Texas! My Liberal Ideology does not overshadow the fact that they had been storing 1,350 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that would normally trigger safety oversight by the DHS. They did not tell the DHS about this. Hey it's just another pesky regulation that Republicans can't stand.

Now the next issue;
Republicans and Labor rights.
Republicans at this very moment are making a new platform to weaken the powers of Unions.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/30...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76863 Apr 22, 2013
Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
As the Boston Bombing news developed throughout the week, FOX News Channel was the most-watched cable news network among Total Viewers.
FNC's Monday through Thursday average topped both CNN and MSNBC in total viewers and demo for both total day and prime time. Additional details below.
4-DAY AVERAGE TOTAL DAY
FNC: 1,647,000 total viewers (421,000 in the demo)
CNN: 1,048,000 total viewers (403,000 in the demo)
MSNBC: 515,000 total viewers (162,000 in the demo)
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/19/f...
The Pew Research Center found that fully 85 percent of MSNBC's reports are commentary and not news.
http://stateofthemedia.org/2013/special-repor...
Apparently Americans agree with this assessment and choose not to watch MSNBC when they're looking for real information about breaking news events.
Maybe it's time cable and satellite television providers realized this and took appropriate action by moving MSNBC away from real news channels in their station guides.
........so I guess what you are saying is the quality of the news depends on how many people watch it.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76864 Apr 22, 2013
Try again, Republicans and Labor rights;

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/30...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76865 Apr 22, 2013
Blue Dog wrote:
Who's to blame? The Gov. Or the fertilizer plant?
The Associated Press is reporting that the fertilizer plant in West, Texas that exploded on Wednesday night hasn’t been inspected by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) since 1985, nearly three decades ago. It was issued a fine on its last inspection for a violation related to storing ammonia:
Records reviewed by The Associated Press show that OSHA issued the West Chemical & Fertilizer Co., as the plant was called at the time, a $30 fine for a serious violation for storage of anhydrous ammonia.
OSHA cited the plant for four other serious violations of respiratory protection standards but did not issue fines. The maximum fine for a serious violation was $1,000.
The plant was also cited for failing to get a permit in 2006 after a complaint of a strong ammonia smell. That smell was reported to be “very bad” on the night of the explosion. Storing ammonia at fertilizer plants can be very hazardous; in 2008, the Center for American Progress found a fertilizer plant that stored millions of pounds of anhydrous ammonia in Pasadena, Texas to be among the most hazardous chemical facilities in the country, with more than 3 million people living in range of a worst-case ammonia gas release.
A day after the explosion in West, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a new report documenting a widespread lack of workplace inspections by state OSHA programs. After surveying 22 state-run programs, it found that the agencies had problems with hiring and retaining inspectors, in part due to low pay. State budget cuts have had a big impact, leading to funding problems, and the federal agency often hasn’t taken over state plans because its own budget is too tight. This has meant that a workplace only gets a visit from OSHA inspectors every 99 years on average, with some state programs even worse. In Texas, a plant can only expect an inspection every 126 years.
Good point; the Gov't or the fertilizer plant.
I for one would say after you strip down OSHA, to the point that it does not pay enough for the work you do and you end up with a Dept. that can't really function as a Dept. that it was designed to do.....I would say it's the governments fault, for letting others tear it down.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#76866 Apr 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Afghanistan, Pakistan, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban (interchangable) are going to be a problem for us, for a very long time to come, I believe.
----------
"Taliban Capture 9 From Helicopter In Afghanistan."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/taliban-capture-9-helic...
The Taliban, might just of bit off more than they can handle........"The Turks",.......they are BMF's.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#76867 Apr 22, 2013
Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. The last news account I heard was that they had not determined the cause of this explosion, yet you have no qualms about blaming it on the owners of the plant.
How un-opinionated of you.
You know, you wouldn't make such ridiculous Posts if you EVER read a News Article , or watched and listened to the News Reports, first. It's so painfully obvious that you NEVER do any of the aforementioned, not even the One in the Post Link that you responded to!
Some Posters really strive to remain ignorant and revel in doing so! I guess ignorance is truly Bliss for some People!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson,Mo, this should not be news 7 hr Herding the stupid 6
Lewisburg Fire Dept taking advantage 10 hr Lynnette Lynnette 39
Richard Turner, resigns from LES Tue Herding the stupid 18
Lewisburg Citizens Ruin Communities Tue Herding the stupid 7
Happy Thanksgiving to all Mon Community 2
Ferguson Animals Mon TiredOfThugs 1
Prayers For Abused Inmates! Mon Prison Luxury 9
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lewisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:04 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:04PM
Texans' Mallett done, Fitzpatrick starts
Bleacher Report 1:20 PM
Fitzpatrick Announced as Starter vs. Titans
NBC Sports 1:37 PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab
NFL 2:01 PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:11 PM
Shaun Phillps lands with Colts