|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
Barry Obama paid a 18.4% tax rate in 2012- just a tick or two higher than Romney. Barry Obama talks the talk but never walks e walk.
"United States", lets set the record straight, Romney paid 14.5% in the same year.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

There sure seems to be a lot of Republican bashing on here lately. I realize that any defense I make for Republicans on a Topix thread will fall on deaf ears, but while all this bashing is going on, this week it was officially announced total average government spending per household has exceeded average household income, tax revenues are projected to be at an all time high in 2013, the consumer confidence index has taken a nosedive, retail sales have slacked off to 2008 levels, etc.

We have been on a tax and spend philosophy for the past 5 years with no positive results. So what do some of the posters on here want to do? How about more of the same and hope for different results? Does no one see the problem with this way of thinking? And I have already heard that the Republican congress is keeping Obama from doing what he wants to do, but he has done exactly what he wants to do for the past few years. We are now spending more and taxing more at historic levels with no improvement whatsoever in spite of having a Republican controlled congress. Imagine the predicament we would be in with a democrat controlled house and senate?

I realize a lot of people on here no longer work due to retirement or whatever other reason and rely on a fixed income that probably consists mostly of social security. But the ideology ruling our economic destiny right now is actually hurting what the people depending on SS consider dire to their needs - preserving that monthly SS income. SS invests in US Treasuries with the payments coming into the system. What growth have we had on US Treasuries over the past several years? If we spend more than we take in consistently, the only way to pay our bills is to print money. But what happens, when the dollar starts devaluing and inflation starts going sky high? The Fed will stop printing money. Then what happens? Austerity like you've never seen will be forced upon us. Just look at Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal for great examples of this. When that happens, SS will be cut drastically because it has to.
At some point, no matter what political party is in control, spending will have to be cut. The reason is because we simply can't continue doing this. It is not physically possible for prolonged economic viability when you spend more than you take in. You can blame the rich or corporations for not paying their fair share, but our tax revenues are at an all time high and our spending is even higher. How anyone can say "let's not cut anything" is beyond me when the problem is obvious.

Yes, I am a republican and would like nothing more than to eliminate all corporations taking unfair advantages and taking liberties with SEC regulations. I would also like nothing more than for every American to have health insurance and for our environment to be safe and clean. However, I also realize our country is broke and we are headed down a steep cliff that we need to fix now, not wait until disaster strikes. Sitting back and simply saying we can't cut anything will only accelerate the dire consequences. Again, the problem is so obvious yet politics keeps us from using common sense and fixing the problem. Why we can't put out minds together and fix this impending crisis now so that we can make American a better place to live later is so frustrating. For those of you interested, go study Cal Coolidge's recipe for fixing situations like this one.

Ok, I feel better now :) Please give me a break Dunlapian, Sassy and OT for venting a little. Sometimes, the Republican viewpoint on here gets a little stifled.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/revealed-obama-...

http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/47734771083/...
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If Bush and co. were as good at conspiracies as you think, they would have slipped a stockpile or two of WMD's into Iraq, then pointed to them and said we told you so...
Your contention that they concocted 911, pulled it off, kept it secret, and then bungled the WMD mess just proves how improbable your original theory is.
What I said here was refering to your thing, how getting all these people to go with it was impossible.
I said it appeared that many went along with the WMDs which were bogus to begin with and look at the wild ride that took off on,killing how many?
And how many were involved in the big money scam of 2008? One or two?
Do you doubt the firefighters on the scene and you believe Cheney?
Does iron melt and flow from an office fire and burning furniture?
Does 50 percent of the twin towers just disappear in a puff of smoke?
Where are the crushed bodies,instead of bitsy pieces and bone fragments?
These aren't my holes in my stories these are first responders questions and a lot more just like these are being asked even by those who were involved in the 9/11 commisson report.
I am saying these look like really good questions that need answers and they want answers.
So sue me.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> No, the idea that eating right is good for your health is as sound as anything. That guy did avail himself of a surgeon to remove the tumor in his intestines, and the article states that chemotherapy is not generally used for such cancers. Based on that fact, I would think any prudent patient might opt out of using it, just as this guy did. Is this a cure for colon cancer ? I have no idea, but until I read about the hundreds of patients who have tried it and been cured, I will remain a skeptic. I certainly see no harm in others trying it. After all, this doesn't involve a trip to a quack in Mexico preying on and profiting from those who are desparate to try anything for a "cure".
It was a long process that brought us the term Quack.And it was a very large group ,pretty much done in secret to the public but I keep hearing it over and over so it is amazing how these secret groups get it done behind closed doors.
The AMA or the American Medical Association sets out with a campaign to demolish their competition,alternative medicine.
The AMAs committee on Quackery joined up with the CCHI with members including the American Cancer Society,the American Pharma Association,the Arthritis Foundation,Council of Better Business Bureau,National Health Council.the FDA,Federal Trade Commission,US Postal Service,Office of Consumer Affairs,US and State Attorney General Officies and the IRS.
The CCHI officials asked the FDA to prosecute drugless quackery targets that were intruding on their markets.
Well this must have been a secret large group in on this cause nobody knew about the scheme going on behind the scenes.Only that if you weren't with the BIG GUYs you were a QUACK.RIGHT?
It was all over the media and such.And that's where we picked up the QUACK talk.
Hillbillyboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

I thik we need some new candidates in office, because the old GOP is falling down and getting wishy washy.

This lady has my support...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Who can feel alright about voting for a female?

I know I can!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
How evil can people be?
Seven children and a mother died in a Philadelphia abortion clinic dubbed a “house of horrors.” And there is now a trial...
It’s all about abortion “doctor” Kermit Gosnell and the purportedly Medieval facility he ran to kill babies – both before they were born and after, claim prosecutors. Eight clinic employees have already pleaded guilty to “various charges.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/abortio...
How many died in the Iraq war for no reason, except Oil Rights for Bush/Cheney and their Oil Buddies? And how many will suffer for their entire lives, that did make it back alive? A little selective in your pity and outrage, aren't you, Nuh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

How many Kids died at Newtown, also, because of having access to LEGAL guns that you are fighting tooth and toenail to even limit the Magazine shells that can be fired before having to pause to reload?
I gotta tell you, Nuh, that makes you sound like a huge Hypocrite!
How about Aurora, Co.? I could go on, but I won't.
It just sounds like you ONLY have compassion, when it fits your Ideology, which makes it NOT true compassion, but Self-serving Compassion.
I would have thought that you were a better Person than that, but I guess I was wrong!:(
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

So on we go with the Quack story.Now this is not my story with holes in it, it is a documented story I'm just repeating.
The FTC or the Federal Trade Commission was asked to get a injunction against competitive advertisments and the Postal Service was asked to watch the clinics,and alternative treatments and even books on alternative therapies.Pretty secret stuff huh.Were you aware of such goings on OT?Not me, till I read a lot.
So those involved in alternative therapies were subjects of media discrediting.licensing board harrassment,seizures or raids.
These were not very nice people were they? Pretty corrupt woundn't you say.
The FDA and Parma Advertising Council formed a joint anti-quackery campaign and key congressional leaders were invited to meetings and asked to join.
Oh the secret group expands.Oh and here comes some more.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield,Medicare, Aetna,and the Health Association of America were fed black lists of doctors and treatments and asked to exclude them.
What a bunch of meanies.
By 1986-88 a computer data base had been created to deny insurance claims by hundreds of insurers.
Oh stuff like this don't happen.
The FDA began attacking food supplements which were proving to be competitors to drug treatmnt.
Big drug Companies like Merck and Roche.Glaxco-Smith-Cline also started selling vitamins but not one of these were raided by the FDA.
So when you hear that Quack word recall this story.
Source Watch AMA.
Hillbillyboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
How many Kids died at Newtown, also, because of having access to LEGAL guns that you are fighting tooth and toenail to even limit the Magazine shells that can be fired before having to pause to reload?
It just sounds like you ONLY have compassion, when it fits your Ideology, which makes it NOT true compassion, but Self-serving Compassion.
I would have thought that you were a better Person than that, but I guess I was wrong!:(
Did it ever occur to you that the crazed gunmen go to places where there are lots of unarmed and defenseless people?

Easy targets that are not defended.

How many people have been killed by mass shootings at rifle ranges (where everyone is presumed to be armed?)

The only thing that will stop an armed attacker, is an armed defender.

That is the lesson that the last 6000 years of recorded human history have shown to be true.

Fell good laws have a 100% failure rate.

So, is it compassionate to pass some feel good laws that dont solv anything (and the killings go on).

Or is it compassionate to place armed defenders in places to protect (so that the killings stop)

Which is really being compassionate?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
How many died in the Iraq war for no reason, except Oil Rights for Bush/Cheney and their Oil Buddies? And how many will suffer for their entire lives, that did make it back alive? A little selective in your pity and outrage, aren't you, Nuh?
I'm just guessing here but you seem to have left out the million dead Iraqs and the orphans and the homeless.
And the 11 dead kids recently from another drone attack some of Obamas buddies playing with their joy stick.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Amos wrote:
<quoted text>There were also survivors of the Titanic who swore the ship went down with lights burning and in one piece.......they were wrong.
I know it wasn't bombs going off in the basement someone was making popcorn.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
Come on.You've got as much compassion as a wet noodle.6127

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just guessing here but you seem to have left out the million dead Iraqs and the orphans and the homeless.
And the 11 dead kids recently from another drone attack some of Obamas buddies playing with their joy stick.
My allegiance is to Americans first, so I'm more concerned about the Starving Kids in America and the People, like you, would want to take what little Food they have, away from them!

A Single Mother with 3 Kids gets $163.00 a month in Welfare to clothe those Kids, and herself, and send them to school and some of you would even take that away from them, if you could! THAT is what I worry about!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Amos wrote:
<quoted text>Hearsay....nothing to back up those claims.
Actually it was on the news at the time and was shown later.It seems Rick Sanchez was talking,it seems I remember it being him in this part of what went on, and a fireman came out running from the building, and you could hear explosions and see the smokey dust.
Call it hear say if you like.
Seems like some folks can't seem to acknowledge that something like this could happen, and our great leaders maybe being a part of something like this.
It's really hard too when you get an aspirin from the Bayer bottle and think to yourself that they were the same company that was part of the IG Farben company that made the gas that killed the jews.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that the crazed gunmen go to places where there are lots of unarmed and defenseless people?
Easy targets that are not defended.
How many people have been killed by mass shootings at rifle ranges (where everyone is presumed to be armed?)
The only thing that will stop an armed attacker, is an armed defender.
That is the lesson that the last 6000 years of recorded human history have shown to be true.
Fell good laws have a 100% failure rate.
So, is it compassionate to pass some feel good laws that dont solv anything (and the killings go on).
Or is it compassionate to place armed defenders in places to protect (so that the killings stop)
Which is really being compassionate?
That does not make any sense. How can a Crazed gunman know how many People are armed in a Theater, a Shopping Mall, a Restaurant, etc.
It was a pretty safe bet that a school for Kindergarten to 10 years of age Students would NOT be armed, but all the rest...the Shooter had no way of knowing nor predicting how many would be armed. So, your argument doesn't hold water, IMO!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
My allegiance is to Americans first, so I'm more concerned about the Starving Kids in America and the People, like you, would want to take what little Food they have, away from them!
A Single Mother with 3 Kids gets $163.00 a month in Welfare to clothe those Kids, and herself, and send them to school and some of you would even take that away from them, if you could! THAT is what I worry about!
Oh wow now I want to take food away from little kids.Is this before or after I kill people in the street and around the time the zombies are active? Just wondering. Where's Fox come in on all of this?
You talk a good talk all the time and run off at the mouth but what have you done?
How many people have you given a place to stay that needed it? I have.You don't like nukes how many meetings and speeches did you give on the issue.How many days going door to door in the rain getting signatures? I did. How many baskets of food did you drop off at doors?I have.
A wagging tongue is easy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

And you love to brag about it...I don't!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Amos wrote:
<quoted text>That's why they call it WAR.
I guess you haven't heard,that we have not declared war on Pakistan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you haven't heard,that we have not declared war on Pakistan.
But, we've been fighting the Taliban in Pakistan right along with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan because most of the time, the Members of the two Groups are inter-changeable....running with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan one day, go across the border and run with the Taliban in Pakistan, the next...and back and forth and back and forth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

"Virginia Man Gets Seven Years In Prison For Stealing Obama's Teleprompter."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/virginia...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 min Geeze 8,939
Christian Democrats 14 min give me a break 10
Public Defenders Race 30 min SUPPORTER 74
Democrat's low IQ drives them to vote with emot... 39 min Good Honest Politicians 12
Republicans screw you again 1 hr Please hold 13
Mayor Ligget 1 hr Voted for Joe Never Again 2
Teledyne 16 hr peter 22
Joe B Ligget Tue Wonderwoman13 44
•••
•••
•••
Lewisburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lewisburg Jobs