Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran has the world's third largest oil reserves
North Korea has no oil.
Yeah so we went into Iraq, and now China is pumping out all kinds of crude.........wow, we got our money's worth there, not to even mention the American blood wasted.

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Well, I had to change my Avatar, again...but this is me, SSS!
Good, now your representing yourself properly. No Avatar is better than those filthy ones that do not represent you properly. Like the mature women you need to behave like all along. Now That you understand common decency, and for the sake of OTHERS to enjoy Topix, there is a chance we will be allowed to continue to play in this sand box with out further discipline. Be kind and respectful to other peoples beliefs. Don't not use foul language and threats and accusations that are not in good taste. Please only post something that is really interesting. Not just look up crap off the Internet to post and copy info that we already know. It really demonstrates your ignorant when you can not come up with thoughts on your own. I knew you could apply morals and appropriate demeanor. If you really really want other to enjoy Topix, don start you crap again. If you really want others to stop this. Then you stop first. It is not eating crow to do the right thing for others. We are sick of you daily posting on old threads. Please just sit back and let OTHERS be on top.
Huh

Floral City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

frank newton wrote:
he will not give jerry fortner a convicted drug dealer a post in east tn.
WoRd
What

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

What I don't get is why you people still post on this three plus year old thread an don't start a new one on the topic your talking about?
Red Rooster

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

get it straight
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah so we went into Iraq, and now China is pumping out all kinds of crude.........wow, we got our money's worth there, not to even mention the American blood wasted.
How did we make out in the banker bail outs? How will we make out in the taxpayer funding to help GM take the manufacturing of the Volt and Caddy Es.to China?
How we making out on taking care of the Illegals.How about the war on Cancer?The war on Drugs? France is sucking oil out of Libya.I'd sure like to know, just for the hell of it who took off with Gadaffi's Megga Billions.
Someones making out and it is not the American people.
Ross

Floral City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

frank newton wrote:
he will not give jerry fortner a convicted drug dealer a post in east tn.
Ross perot

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
What I don't get is why you people still post on this three plus year old thread an don't start a new one on the topic your talking about?
Thats easy. these are state-wide threads started by topix. posters can only start local threads.
Word

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text> Thats easy. these are state-wide threads started by topix. posters can only start local threads.
you should be sleeping.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
How did we make out in the banker bail outs? How will we make out in the taxpayer funding to help GM take the manufacturing of the Volt and Caddy Es.to China?
How we making out on taking care of the Illegals.How about the war on Cancer?The war on Drugs? France is sucking oil out of Libya.I'd sure like to know, just for the hell of it who took off with Gadaffi's Megga Billions.
Someones making out and it is not the American people.
Wow, now that was a far jump from our orginal discussion.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran has the world's third largest oil reserves
North Korea has no oil.
It also sounds like you have no problem with our great county becoming the "strong armed robber of gas stations", all over the world.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
I don't want to start an argument here and I am simply going to respectfully disagree with this entire notion the Bush tax cuts killed the country. I strongly believe spending is what is ailing our country, not taxes. Yes, Bush did wrong by taking a surplus and turning it into a deficit. Obama continued this wrong by taking the deficit he inherited and making it worse. And it was made worse via spending. Believe it or not, I read Time Magazine, because I like to read about varying viewpoints. Time, in my opinion, is very liberal. A couple of months ago, Time came out with this article. I couldn't agree with it more.
http://business.time.com/2012/12/26/four-misc...
Did the Bush tax cuts kill the country ? No ! It was the combination of the tax cuts, the 911 attacks, two off budget wars costing trillions, a Medicare drug program without revenue (TAXES) to support it, a massive new homeland security bureaurocracy, huge natural disasters like Katrina, COMBINED with the tax cuts that starved the government of needed tax revenue. Add to that the disasterous behavior of investment banks and the rating agencies that are SUPPOSED to oversee investment vehicles for their value...(and THIS I lay at the feet of the Clinton Administration and the Republican majority in congress in the 1990s) and we end up where we are.

The wars are winding down, the payroll tax cuts provided to taxpayers at the height of the current recession have expired, and tax rates have been raised on the more well off as a result of legislation this year, but the bulk of the Bush tax cuts have been retained permanently....I see that as counter-productive if the result means the cutting of Social Security and Medicare benefits for future retirees. By all means, those tax cuts should be retained UNTIL the current economic situation and unemployment rates return to more normal levels BUT, the days of guaranteed benefit retirement plans are over, wages are stagnant for all but the top 20%, and it looks to me like more folks will be MORE dependant on Social Security than they have in years. Now government is moving to adjust those benefits downward yet we retain tax cuts for those making 450k a year......a foolish move in my opinion. Tthat's my take "Pete"...I look forward to your comments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Well, I had to change my Avatar, again...but this is me, SSS!
Why did you have to change it dimples?
Just use this picture. Then everyone can see watch as you bring sexy back.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8779/it2o....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Thats easy. these are state-wide threads started by topix. posters can only start local threads.
I'm glad you told this idiot. I get tired of trying to explain over and over. What does it matter anyway? Hello by the way. Hope you are doing well.
Red Rooster

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Good morning world, good morning mr. presiident I now u read this everyday.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Well now Iran is coming clear in saying they did not take control of a second drone......but I do have to give them credit for taking contol and landing our most advanced drone the RQ-170 Sentinel.
Never ever under estimate your enenmy.......or over estimate yourself.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>It also sounds like you have no problem with our great county becoming the "strong armed robber of gas stations", all over the world.
What are you talking about.
What did we go into Iraq for WMDs?Oh wait it was to help those poor Iraq peopleSure that's why there are over a million dead ones Right?
Our Great Country?You speaking of present or past.
So Your happy with how things are? What about China buying up oil here?Our oil?
I thought we were trying to get off foriegn oil YES?
Alls I know is the people are getting screwed and so is the country.
I have no problem with us going in to these countries to help big business?That's not what I ever said.
I'm fed up with people backing there party while it appears your parties and our government studges are screwing us over.
Oh it's the Pubs Oh it"s the Dems on and on and on and you still believe.
What's got to happen? Like how bad does it have to get for you to give up and figure we as the people have to do something else.

Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, now that was a far jump from our orginal discussion.
Don't get this remark either.
You said we went into Iraq for oil and now China is pumping it.
I had said we were in there for reasons other then what we were told.
We have dead soldiers who thought they were in Iraq to fight for and protect the US.Did they?
Over a million dead Iraq people,was it for them?
Who made out?
Haliburton? Oil companies?
I went on to say here are the other cases of us doing and not getting.
Why was that a problem?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

If someone were sending drones in this country and killing the people here would that be an act of war against the US?
I don't think it is helping the cause when we are attacking others in other countries that we have not declared war on.
I watched a video of a drone stike and after the first kill they waited for people to go to help(like anyone would) and they went back in and attacked them where they injured some kids and killed more.
I'll bet those people love us with a passion.I would be enraged if it were me.Bet I might join someone fighting the US.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Did the Bush tax cuts kill the country ? No ! It was the combination of the tax cuts, the 911 attacks, two off budget wars costing trillions, a Medicare drug program without revenue (TAXES) to support it, a massive new homeland security bureaurocracy, huge natural disasters like Katrina, COMBINED with the tax cuts that starved the government of needed tax revenue. Add to that the disasterous behavior of investment banks and the rating agencies that are SUPPOSED to oversee investment vehicles for their value...(and THIS I lay at the feet of the Clinton Administration and the Republican majority in congress in the 1990s) and we end up where we are.
The wars are winding down, the payroll tax cuts provided to taxpayers at the height of the current recession have expired, and tax rates have been raised on the more well off as a result of legislation this year, but the bulk of the Bush tax cuts have been retained permanently....I see that as counter-productive if the result means the cutting of Social Security and Medicare benefits for future retirees. By all means, those tax cuts should be retained UNTIL the current economic situation and unemployment rates return to more normal levels BUT, the days of guaranteed benefit retirement plans are over, wages are stagnant for all but the top 20%, and it looks to me like more folks will be MORE dependant on Social Security than they have in years. Now government is moving to adjust those benefits downward yet we retain tax cuts for those making 450k a year......a foolish move in my opinion. Tthat's my take "Pete"...I look forward to your comments.
OT, I agree on most of what you said. I believe the solution to fix our debt crisis involves both tax increases and spending cuts. However, I think the economy needs to stabilize before taxes start to increase. Our economy requires consumer spending. This isn't happening right now because everyone is scared. Remove what is scaring them for a while, let things recover, then we can bolster tax revenues. Spending needs to be reined in as well. We simply cannot continue to spend at this rate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Miss Marshall County 2014 21 min Marshall citizen 21
Taxi???? 2 hr u dumb as a box of rocks 16
Should there be one bill once a month for all P... 2 hr dumber than a box of rock 2
running for office 4 hr Watch That Vote Counts 25
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr jarda 8,594
Hillary Clinton in 2016! 13 hr thereturn of some jerk 36
Public Defenders Race 14 hr robdalton14 97
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••