Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64345 Jan 31, 2013
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Thursday said the American economy is "in a recovery"

So THAT'S what contraction means.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/...
Really Sassy

United States

#64346 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I've got to go, Folks, I can only take such ignorance in small doses! I can already feel my Brain starting to rot, just like theirs already has, from lack of use!
Ok run along. Go get educated on your two news sources, Yahoo and Rawstory.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64347 Jan 31, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I have posted several times on this thread that I am opposed to some of the NDAA provisions.
I think it was your wonder guy's "Patriot Act" that took away a bunch of our civil liberties as well...how many times did you vote for him ? Or are you one of those Republicans that voted for him twice and then vehemently denied it.
I have no lie to tell you I voted for Obama, not because I particularly liked him. He acted too much like a Republican to me. I wanted a liberal populist. BUT at least Obama had the brainpower to realize that this country was in the 21st century, not mired in the 19th.
Nullification was already tried in the United States, but those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it as the old quote goes...so go ahead and encourage your County Sheriff to try it ! If he does...I would suggest, once he gets to prison, someone give him a dose or two of one of those prescriptions you frequently post about, because he has some SERIOUS mental issues.
The last time I voted, except for the first time around for Obama,I voted for "United We Stand"Ross Perot.
I've been sick of the BS for a long,long time.
I voted for No torture,No Nukes,No Gitmo, No secrecy,No Amnesty,No lobyists,No mandates,No take your guns,No GMOs without labels,etc.
Which turned out to be "LIES WE Can Believe In".
I could in no way vote for that again.Sassy thinks I'm stupid BUT I was not that stupid to do it the second time around.
I have never been involved in any party except once when I was at the Democratic Booth at the Great Geauga County Fair in Ohio pushing for the NO MOre Nukes which the Dem.said he would fight against. That Perry Nuke Plant which happened to sit on a fault line as some do.
I am completeiy with out a doubt friggen fed up with pretty much all of them.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64348 Jan 31, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Thursday said the American economy is "in a recovery"
Poor Harry.He had a dream he was in Iceland.
Artie

Cookeville, TN

#64349 Jan 31, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
700,000 jobs a month lost at the end of Bush's terms. 700,000! How many jobs did we lose last month? Too bad, with all the obstruction from the GOP, Obama hasn't made your world golden. GOP put us there. There's a fact you can't deny. But you will!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64350 Jan 31, 2013
Artie wrote:
<quoted text>
700,000 jobs a month lost at the end of Bush's terms. 700,000! How many jobs did we lose last month? Too bad, with all the obstruction from the GOP, Obama hasn't made your world golden. GOP put us there. There's a fact you can't deny. But you will!
George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH...The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77 The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5% The Unemployment rate was 4.6%...

Then, on January 3rd, 2007 the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress.

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is "I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th."
c me now

Morristown, TN

#64351 Jan 31, 2013
Haslam is doing a great job an I hope some day he will be President of the U.S.A. He has helped East Tn. since he has been in office. Thank God he dosen,t believe in State taxes or we would all be in deep shit. Bless all those who put him in office.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#64352 Jan 31, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a muzzle loader that has a pistol (thumbhole)grip. It too would be on the ban list. NOt take our guns away huh???????
All pistols have a pistol grip.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64353 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Idiot??? Hmmm...well, I've never called anybody a "tea Idiot", but since you did, I'll have to agree with you, it suits you perfectly!
But you have consistently called those who disagree with you both "Teapublicans" and "idiots", often in the same post. Semantics.
Artie

Cookeville, TN

#64354 Jan 31, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH...The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77 The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5% The Unemployment rate was 4.6%...
Then, on January 3rd, 2007 the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress.
If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.
If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is "I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th."
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2...

My source has different info.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64355 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I've got to go, Folks, I can only take such ignorance in small doses! I can already feel my Brain starting to rot, just like theirs already has, from lack of use!
Running away again like you always do when you have no valid argument and cannot provide valid proof of your rantings.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64356 Jan 31, 2013
In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where a family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber.

'I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news,' he said as he surveyed t he worried faces.'The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the BRAIN.'

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time, someone asked,'How much will a brain cost?'

The doctor quickly responded,'$5,000 for a Democrat's brain; $200 for a Republican's brain.'

The moment turned awkward. Some of the Democrats actually had to 'try' to not smile, avoiding eye contact with the Republicans. A man unable to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask,'Why is the Democrat brain so much more than a Republican brain?'

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group,'It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to price the Republicans' brains a lot lower because they're used."

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64357 Jan 31, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
Homeland Security, the new nanny of the nanny state, who last week offered advice on shoveling snow, has issued this week's advice for confronting mass murderers: scissors.
Yup, that's right. When confronted by a raving maniac armed with an AR-15, grab your scissors and attack!
Let's see And first graders have those scissors with the rounded points on then. Great protection.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64358 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok run along. Go get educated on your two news sources, Yahoo and Rawstory.
3 news sources. you forgot mother jones

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64359 Jan 31, 2013
Our "compassionate human being" has said nothing about the hostage situation that has been ongoing in Midland City, Al. for the last 2 days. A 66 year old man stormed a school bus, killed the driver, and took a 5 year old special needs boy into a homemade underground bunker where he has kept the police at bay since Tuesday afternoon.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2129315751001/poli...

Now Fox is reporting a middle school shooting in Atlanta.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/31/school-o...
Eddie

Cookeville, TN

#64360 Jan 31, 2013
Nuh wrote:
In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where a family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber.
'I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news,' he said as he surveyed t he worried faces.'The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the BRAIN.'
The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time, someone asked,'How much will a brain cost?'
The doctor quickly responded,'$5,000 for a Democrat's brain; $200 for a Republican's brain.'
The moment turned awkward. Some of the Democrats actually had to 'try' to not smile, avoiding eye contact with the Republicans. A man unable to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask,'Why is the Democrat brain so much more than a Republican brain?'
The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group,'It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to price the Republicans' brains a lot lower because they're used."
Wow! All that for that lousy punchline. Keep your day gig.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64361 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't even have the votes to bring her Bill to the floor for a vote, from her own Party.
Can you get any more ridiculously hysterical for no valid reason???I'll bet you can, without even working up a sweat!
Look out for that mext boogie man around the corner, he's gonna getcha! BOO!
So, you say that, because she does not have the votes to get it passed, it says nothing about her ultimate goal? And you support her and Obama so it must be your unltimate goal as well.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64362 Jan 31, 2013
Artie wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2...
My source has different info.
Interesting article. And who am i to argue with the esteemed Joseph Stiglitz.

What struck me about this article is that he could publish it as a new work if he merely clicked on his MS Word's Find feature and replaced the name Bush with Obama.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64363 Jan 31, 2013
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! All that for that lousy punchline. Keep your day gig.
I appreciate your assessment...and will give it the consideration that it warrants.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64364 Jan 31, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Dr. Frederick Fronkenshtein: Now that brain that you gave me. Was it Hans Delbruck's?

Igor: No.

Dr. Frederick Fronkenshtein: Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?

Igor: Then you won't be angry?

Dr. Frederick Fronkenshtein: I will NOT be angry.

Igor: Abby someone.

Dr. Frederick Fronkenshtein:[pause, then] Abby someone. Abby who?

Igor: Abby... Normal.

Dr. Frederick Fronkenshtein:[pause, then] Abby Normal?

Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Dr. Frederick Fronkenshtein:[chuckles, then] Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMAR Steakhouse 7 hr Where is the Beef 47
Is reindeer meat good to eat? 8 hr elf on a shelf 4
Wanted Sat Vintage Audio 1
Fat Girl Smell (Jan '13) Fri Go away 63
forced to resigned city manager Thu Questions 2
Joyful Christmas Dec 24 Grandmother 1
For Rent In Marshall County (Oct '07) Dec 24 jrj 101
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web