|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want you to be aware you are an uneducated idiot. That's all.
As opposed to you, who's claiming to be an "educated' Idiot, I suppose. Whatever you think about it...
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

As the resident republican on here, I thought I would add a thought on the gun control controversy brewing. I also thought I would write at least one post and not bash RS for her lack of common sense :) I think republicans as well as democrats see a the crisis that is being brought on our country by lunatics with guns. We are all humans and we all want to see catastrophes like this stop. I realize we at least should try to do something. However, I think what most republicans are concerned with is the rush to enact some sort of governmental directive at what appears to be the simple solution, i.e. assault weapons. However, the definition of assault weapons floating around these days is very vague and inconsistent. For example, I am a hunter and I use a version of an AR-15 with a 20 round magazine. I also use a .223 that has a 4 round magazine. I also have two hand guns that I use at an indoor shooting range for entertainment. One handgun has a 19 round magazine and the other has a 17 round magazine. All but one is a semi-automatic and one is a bolt action. The most prominent definition of an assault weapon floating around now would ban the AR-15 that I have but not the other three. Yet, they all fire one bullet per pull of the trigger and the hand guns have a larger capacity magazine than the AR-15. In short, the AR-15 is talked about being banned for cosmetic reasons only. It looks like a fully automatic firearm. But it isn't. I for one see no reason why anyone would need a firearm that had a large capacity magazine. I never fill mine because ammo is pretty expensive. However, there needs to be some type of logic, reason and consistency in any solution to these mass killings. Rushing towards a government edict is never the solution to anything. That is a political maneuver and nothing more. Solving a complex problem like mass killings is a lot more problematic than banning semi-automatic rifles that look like military rifles. Grant you, I don't know what that solution is, but a rush towards a political decision on this just doesn't make sense, at least to me. Doing something like this simply makes pro-gun ownership people not trust the current governmental regime because they think this is just the first step at the government eventually banning all guns. I realize the current regime wants the killing to stop and they at least want to appear like they are doing something. However, doing something and doing something that works are two different things. Doing something that obviously won't work makes it seem like strictly a political ploy. Even banning large capacity magazines would have limited effect because with the latest gun technology, you can change magazines in a couple of seconds. An assault weapon to me is a fully automatic weapon. They are already banned. However, they still exist, but only the gun aficionados and criminals have them. Banning assault weapon lookalikes would result in the same thing. In my opinion at least, I think holding a parent or parents accountable for their children's actions involving guns would solve some of it. If a parent thought they could be incarcerated by allowing access to their firearms, they would think twice about leaving them out and available for easy access. Just my two cents.
sausage

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Egg N cheese wrote:
<quoted text>Yes please. And thank you.
You are welcome. Would you care for hash browns and would you like them smothered, covered, diced, extra cheese, chili or plain?
sausage

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>As opposed to you, who's claiming to be an "educated' Idiot, I suppose. Whatever you think about it...
I see we have the bacon here again. What up dawg?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
<quoted text>
First good review I have caught.. LOL
Are you set up for touch screen or running PC version? If you are running Windows 8 my guess is you are running a newer machine.
I wonder if the boot up speed may be due to a SAS boot drive. An extra drive devoted to start up and computer programs only. SAS runs at 15K(SAS) vs. 10K(STATA) Faster boot up than conventional SATA drives that are shared among the entire computer programming, and storage. Which means it bypasses unnecessary road blocks during boot up.
Am using a Dell Inspiron 17RS, I bought in Aug. It has this type of dual drive system. Boots up in seconds just like you said.:)
Same old Toshiba e205 that I ran windows 7 on... However I did some major upgrade before I installed W8.. I first upgraded to 128 GB SSD then 8GB RAM before installing W8. I love the startup time. From the time I press the power button it takes 20 seconds and I am connected to the internet. A lot better than the 2-3 minutes that it took for W7.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why don't you? This is the Political and Current Affairs Thread, so let's keep it that way!:)
No, it is the "Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010" thread. You have a problem reading too?
Rebel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is the "Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010" thread. You have a problem reading too?
Lol. I love when you get made a fool of RS. It so really, really easy.
Tater Head

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

sausage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome. Would you care for hash browns and would you like them smothered, covered, diced, extra cheese, chili or plain?
Oh yes. Smother me with all of it.
bacon n eggs

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Tater Head wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes. Smother me with all of it.
I want bacon
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
If they wanted to take your Guns, all they would have to do is bring a few with them and knock on your door and tell you to hand them over...or come into, your House while you're gone and simply take them, leave, and you'd never know they had been there, which is Legal, BTW, under the Patriot Act.
SOmebody is going to be home one day if they do that.
Skyler Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote: <quoted text> If they wanted to take your Guns, all they would have to do is bring a few with them and knock on your door and tell you to hand them over...or come into, your House while you're gone and simply take them, leave, and you'd never know they had been there, which is Legal, BTW, under the Patriot Act. End of quote]

I have never seen any body so hell bent on supporting the deterioration of the constitution and the freedoms of the American people as I have seen reading your opinions of everything under the sun. You are a disgrace to veterans alive and dead that gave of themselves for those of us that are grateful. You roll over and take it if you like it but don't force your anti American garbage on the rest of us that enjoy our rights.
Naomi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Skyler Jones wrote:
Really Sassy wrote: <quoted text> If they wanted to take your Guns, all they would have to do is bring a few with them and knock on your door and tell you to hand them over...or come into, your House while you're gone and simply take them, leave, and you'd never know they had been there, which is Legal, BTW, under the Patriot Act. End of quote]
I have never seen any body so hell bent on supporting the deterioration of the constitution and the freedoms of the American people as I have seen reading your opinions of everything under the sun. You are a disgrace to veterans alive and dead that gave of themselves for those of us that are grateful. You roll over and take it if you like it but don't force your anti American garbage on the rest of us that enjoy our rights.
If Obama said jump off a bridge she would be the first in line.
Lt Dan

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

I have guns hidden everywhere in 3 states
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Wld not lmao
Big Joe

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

roxy wrote:
Wld not lmao
huh?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Lt Dan wrote:
I have guns hidden everywhere in 3 states
The Judge will find that interesting.
roxy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Big Joe wrote:
<quoted text>huh?
omfgd n u know i wld u say jump,i dnt even ask how high,i jump frst then ask how high lmao

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Judge will find that interesting.
Good morning RS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

roxy wrote:
<quoted text> omfgd n u know i wld u say jump,i dnt even ask how high,i jump frst then ask how high lmao
You must like being a Used Doormat!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I love when you get made a fool of RS. It so really, really easy.
It must be he*l, spending your life bent over , grasping your ankles! But, I'm sure you love it since that's your favorite position.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart 3 min There is only one boss 30
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Zeke 8,964
2 fishermen die @ henry horton 1 hr be American learn English 31
Taxi???? 2 hr Duh huh 7
Who likes Fireworks 2 hr Still 8
Mayor Ligget 3 hr I am for Term Limits 12
running for office 4 hr Duh huh 12
Public Defenders Race 17 hr Heifer 95
•••