“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#63938 Jan 28, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
You can always right click in the text body go down the list, and click spell check. Works every time :)
I actually never noticed this before Cornbread. Thanks. It's there on mine too.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63939 Jan 28, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>No one will take your guns!
You dem/libs cannot have a socialist nation unless our guns are gone.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63940 Jan 28, 2013
Tiny Spell check them as you write them. It will ding you if you have a misspell.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63941 Jan 28, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do you not believe they would take the guns?
Have they taken yours?
Have they taken guns from anyone you know for a fact?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63942 Jan 28, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
wow OT, sounds like you really need to update your browser.
Sorry I couldn't help.
well, I keep mine updated and I have alot of stuff on it that I don't even know what it is, but Spell Check in NOT one of them.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#63943 Jan 28, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
well, I keep mine updated and I have alot of stuff on it that I don't even know what it is, but Spell Check in NOT one of them.
I have a new computer and all the latest updates and I don't see a spellchecker on topix either.
blah blah

Powell, TN

#63944 Jan 28, 2013
blah blah blah blah blah blah
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63945 Jan 28, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Have they taken yours?
Have they taken guns from anyone you know for a fact?
You said they will not take your guns.I'm saying they are moving in that direction.
I'm saying that when the SHTF they had better hide.
I'm saying where we are at now is only the begining of this nation becoming 3rd world.
The jobs are not coming back.The banksters are still pulling the same crap.
If you wanted to destroy a nation you would do what is being done.
Do not tell me they are that stupid it is being done on purpose.The ones who are creating the mess are making out like bandits and the people are being sold down the river.
When the people wake up LOOK OUT. That is why they will be taking the guns.
Rebel

United States

#63946 Jan 28, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>well, I keep mine updated and I have alot of stuff on it that I don't even know what it is, but Spell Check in NOT one of them.
A lot not alot stupid.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63947 Jan 28, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a new computer and all the latest updates and I don't see a spellchecker on topix either.
Due to the basic insecurity of Internet Explorer and Windows products in general, I use Firefox.

Indeed, as I type this, your spelling of topix has a red squiggly line under it indicating a mispelling. Mispelling has one too.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#63948 Jan 28, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to the basic insecurity of Internet Explorer and Windows products in general, I use Firefox.
Indeed, as I type this, your spelling of topix has a red squiggly line under it indicating a mispelling. Mispelling has one too.
Thanks for the info. I have IE and MS products, so maybe that is the key to why some see it and some don't. If I really want to spellcheck I copy it to Word.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#63949 Jan 28, 2013
Apparently some of you do not have spell checker activated in your browser settings. It is available in all browsers as a default program.

How to turn on spell checker:

For Firefox

At the top of the Firefox window, click on Tools Then click Options
Select the Advanced panel.
Click the General tab.
Check Check my spelling as I type.
reload Firefox

For Internet Explorer

At the top of the Internet Explorer window Click Tools
Click Preferences
Then click Spell Checking in the Modules pane of the Settings window, and click OK.

In Chrome

Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
In the "Languages" section, click Languages and spell-checker settings.
In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" check box to turn the spell-checker on.



Turn it on use it. Stop the spelling police from coming to a thread near you.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#63950 Jan 28, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
Apparently some of you do not have spell checker activated in your browser settings. It is available in all browsers as a default program.
How to turn on spell checker:
For Firefox
At the top of the Firefox window, click on Tools Then click Options
Select the Advanced panel.
Click the General tab.
Check Check my spelling as I type.
reload Firefox
For Internet Explorer
At the top of the Internet Explorer window Click Tools
Click Preferences
Then click Spell Checking in the Modules pane of the Settings window, and click OK.
In Chrome
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
In the "Languages" section, click Languages and spell-checker settings.
In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" check box to turn the spell-checker on.
Turn it on use it. Stop the spelling police from coming to a thread near you.
Nope, tools, preferences is not an option...
bob

Dallas, TX

#63951 Jan 28, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
Apparently some of you do not have spell checker activated in your browser settings. It is available in all browsers as a default program.
How to turn on spell checker:
For Firefox
At the top of the Firefox window, click on Tools Then click Options
Select the Advanced panel.
Click the General tab.
Check Check my spelling as I type.
reload Firefox
For Internet Explorer
At the top of the Internet Explorer window Click Tools
Click Preferences
Then click Spell Checking in the Modules pane of the Settings window, and click OK.
In Chrome
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
In the "Languages" section, click Languages and spell-checker settings.
In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" check box to turn the spell-checker on.
Turn it on use it. Stop the spelling police from coming to a thread near you.
for IE there is no such thing on mine.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#63952 Jan 28, 2013
Alright I did some research.
I stand corrected. Internet Explorer removed the spell checker program when it updated to IE8.
You would have to use a third party program, if you run 8 or 9.
Fortunately spell checker is again going to be included in the new IE10 release coming soon.

As I only use Firefox,(which is more stable, faster and has better security, and default programs) I did not know this off hand.
black eyed peas

Dallas, TX

#63953 Jan 28, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
Alright I did some research.
I stand corrected. Internet Explorer removed the spell checker program when it updated to IE8.
You would have to use a third party program, if you run 8 or 9.
Fortunately spell checker is again going to be included in the new IE10 release coming soon.
As I only use Firefox,(which is more stable, faster and has better security, and default programs) I did not know this off hand.
thanks cornbread.
hog jowels

United States

#63954 Jan 28, 2013
black eyed peas wrote:
<quoted text>thanks cornbread.
Thank you for thanking him black eyed peas
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#63955 Jan 28, 2013
:) I tried.
Not having a spell check option is what happens when using a dinosaur, out of touch, internet browser. But they promise to have it all fixed and patched, with the release of IE10 for Windows 7 ( 10 is only available on windows 8 presently)
Microsoft is dying. Has anyone anything good to say about Windows 8? I rest my case.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63956 Jan 28, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
:) I tried.
Not having a spell check option is what happens when using a dinosaur, out of touch, internet browser. But they promise to have it all fixed and patched, with the release of IE10 for Windows 7 ( 10 is only available on windows 8 presently)
Microsoft is dying. Has anyone anything good to say about Windows 8? I rest my case.
Thanks for all your help, Cornbread.
BUTTERMILK

United States

#63957 Jan 28, 2013
hog jowels wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for thanking him black eyed peas
ty for thanking black eyed peas for thanking cornbread. i mean that from the bottom of my buttermilk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop Animal Abuse by Reporting 13 hr Let Me Help 22
Stop Hillary Clinton in 2016 15 hr Open your eyes 8
Drug Offender Registry Database 16 hr Cleo 5
Do you support the legalization of Marijuana? 21 hr PhD Toker 2
Valerie Ward Fri Well 3
Whats for supper Fri recipes 1
Children Chained To Beds In Lewisburg Fri chicago 15
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]