Comments
57,381 - 57,400 of 145,870 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#63103 Jan 21, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Clinton is basicially right. Our culture IS different. Guns are a part of life in rural America, and they are at times necessary tools for the protection of family and livestock. Hunting is a passion out in the country and is both a link to generations past and a rite of passage.
HOWEVER, I do not think most rural residents of states like ours think they meed a 50 round magazine and an assault weapon to survive, and while I agree that no American citizen deserves to be looked down upon, those who equate what Obama is proposing with Hitler and Stalin, are WAY over the top.
The Democratic Party does not hate people who live in rural areas, but that demographic votes primarily Republican. A party reacts to the concerns of it's constituiencies and rural residents are no longer a Democratic constituiency and haven't been for a very long time.
First you are complaining about 20 round clips, then 30, now it is up to 50. What's the matter? Do you feel your previous arguments are too weak? Suppose you have a pack of wolves killing your livestock, How many rounds would you want to be able to fire if you find and encounter them? Just saying....
Really Really Sassy

United States

#63104 Jan 21, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. I knew this. It is sad that you have to explain it to some on here.
He didn't have to explain himself to anyone troll. If you had the good sense to read before starting to build yourself up you would have read that he chose to get himself worked up over it. So shit your mouth you horrible looking old creature and if you think that anything you have to offer is needed it isn't. You are why most people hate to come onto the state wide links. You make people disgusted watching you fawn over every man you think you may get a chance at. Mind your own business and shut you mouth for once.
Tpixer and Ashamed Of It

Johnson City, TN

#63108 Jan 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
I think they came up with a job for Sassy:
Wanted:'Adventurous woman' to give birth to Neanderthal man - Harvard professor seeks mother for cloned cave baby
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22654...
"what woman would want to give birth to a Neanderthal baby?
Yet this incredible scenario is the plan of one of the world’s leading geneticists, who is seeking a volunteer to help bring man’s long-extinct close relative back to life.
Professor George Church of Harvard Medical School believes he can reconstruct Neanderthal DNA and resurrect the species which became extinct 33,000 years ago.
His scheme is reminiscent of Jurassic Park but, while in the film dinosaurs were created in a laboratory, Professor Church’s ambitious plan requires a human volunteer.
He said his analysis of Neanderthal genetic code using samples from bones is complete enough to reconstruct their DNA.
He said:‘Now I need an adventurous female human.
Secret experimentation has already produced some N offspring who learned some basic reading and writing skills. We have long known there are a few N's on Topix!
In fact, YOU are trying to pass, aren't you?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63110 Jan 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought that I would be quoting thinkprogress.com , but I find that I must. I googled mass killings and it was the first site that came up with a timeline of them. I was looking for some kind of correlation – in fact I was wondering how many of them were being committed by young, middle class to affluent, white males.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/14/1...
As you peruse the list, you’ll find the big name killings, like Newtown, the Aurora CO theater, and the Gabby Giffords shooting, which were indeed, committed by people who fit that description, but you’ll also find a slew of people who killed spouses, employers, religious leaders, and a couple with racial motivations.
But when you open your eyes, one thing is glaringly obvious. Of the 29 mass killings listed by Thinkprogress, more than half (15) occurred during the Obama administration, and half of those (8) occurred in 2012.
I guess progress comes with a downside. Food for thought.
Wow. You're honestly trying to lay some of the blame for these horrific incidents at the feet of Obama? Just, wow.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63111 Jan 21, 2013
Poor communist tyrant, Cesar Chavez, who just 6 months ago claimed he was cancer-free, is in Cuber for treatment. But that didn’t stop him from doing a photo shoot to try to fend off claims that he’s expired.

Here you can see Chavez waving to the crowd:

http://www.google.com/imgres... *8vog4ItB0zocpcysJ6aLAMJUElJzB a2DhU9TBDWVemCIK5gfu3nylVWu27P 8VHSrwQQw3sRZk45grnpYBO-1ne2/B ernie.jpg&imgrefurl=http:/ /www.downtownindependent.com/e vents/weekend-at-bernies-summe r&h=193&w=298&sz=6 4&tbnid=YOoX9jGs3iSZlM: &tbnh=88&tbnw=136& zoom=1&usg=__F7-dPcrJ7UWjC NgQ1OhWwurlY2c=&docid=jmPG TRlCQ2gTBM&hl=en&sa=X &ei=cnz9UJy-CYTc8wTNxoGICQ &ved=0CDgQ9QEwAg&dur=3 24

Here he’s consulting with a trusted advisor:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

But you can’t work 24/7, so here he’s enjoying a boatride:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

and a nice cool refreshment:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Obama couldn't make it on account that he just got back from vacation, and didn't want it to look like he's taking advantage.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63114 Jan 21, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You're honestly trying to lay some of the blame for these horrific incidents at the feet of Obama? Just, wow.
At the feet of Obama? And all this time I thought you were making fun of those who call him the messiah.

you're right. EIGHT mass killings in one year and fifteen since he took office Obama took office should be ignored.

Now, if this had happend during Bush's.. Hey that's it. Blame it on Bush.

Goodbye

United States

#63115 Jan 21, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
The brilliant one that enabled him to get into Harvard, even though he was a "Nobody"...but you would know anything about that "brilliant" part, would you? Verbal abuse is all you know...and maybe deep-seated anger that you take out on EVERYBODY!
Are you quoting your shrink? Sounds as though you need to take your own advice...you really do have a problem with people calling you out!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63116 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2013/01/21/16624485-horrific -scene-after-teen-allegedly-sh oots-parents-siblings
Add one more to the "Committed on Obama's watch" list.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63117 Jan 21, 2013
Did anybody watch Obama's Second Inauguration Ceremonies or listen to his Speech?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63118 Jan 21, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
Did anybody watch Obama's Second Inauguration Ceremonies or listen to his Speech?
Yes.
Goodbye

United States

#63120 Jan 21, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
Did anybody watch Obama's Second Inauguration Ceremonies or listen to his Speech?
Yes..very typical liberal speech.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63121 Jan 21, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
Did anybody watch Obama's Second Inauguration Ceremonies or listen to his Speech?
Listened to it - as I have all presidential inauguration speech in my adult lifetime.

About the only thing he said that is of worth:

"The patriots of 1776 did not fight to replace the tyranny of a king with the privileges of a few or the rule of a mob. They gave to us a Republic, a government of, and by, and for the people, entrusting each generation to keep safe our founding creed."

Other than that, it was all window dressing as usual.
Goodbye

United States

#63122 Jan 21, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Listened to it - as I have all presidential inauguration speech in my adult lifetime.
About the only thing he said that is of worth:
"The patriots of 1776 did not fight to replace the tyranny of a king with the privileges of a few or the rule of a mob. They gave to us a Republic, a government of, and by, and for the people, entrusting each generation to keep safe our founding creed."
Other than that, it was all window dressing as usual.
Obama: Speaks loudly, but carries a small stick!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63125 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
<quoted text>I think Bush beat Obama with 911 being on "his watch" , don't you think ? Is that the game you want to play ?
Didn't all the conservatives portray the attacks of 9/11 as "acts of war?" Isn't it the president's job to protect us from such things? Is a school shooting more of a war situation? Or more of a law enforcement situation? Bad comparision.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63126 Jan 21, 2013
Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>Obama: Speaks loudly, but carries a small stick!
Conservatives seem incapable of patriotism unless we're bombing the $hit out of somebody.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63127 Jan 21, 2013
Now that the first Obama term has concluded it is time to celebrate the achievements:

There are 2.1 million more Americans NOT in the workforce.

A gallon of gas is up 79%

The Federal debt is up 55%

Food stamp recipients are up 46%

Americans in poverty are up 23%

Insurance premiums are up 17%
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#63129 Jan 21, 2013
God bless Patty Myers for telling it like it is !

Shame on you, Alan Simpson, scheiss senator.


Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana .
I think she is a little ticked off!

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!!!

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away
from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.

And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.

That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch. NO, I did not stutter.



P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements". It is OUR MONEY! WHAT AN INSULT!!!!

I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years (It's my money); give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks!
Goodbye

United States

#63132 Jan 21, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Now that the first Obama term has concluded it is time to celebrate the achievements:
There are 2.1 million more Americans NOT in the workforce.
A gallon of gas is up 79%
The Federal debt is up 55%
Food stamp recipients are up 46%
Americans in poverty are up 23%
Insurance premiums are up 17%
Just think what four more years will bring!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63133 Jan 21, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
God bless Patty Myers for telling it like it is !
Shame on you, Alan Simpson, scheiss senator.
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana .
I think she is a little ticked off!
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away
from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch. NO, I did not stutter.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements". It is OUR MONEY! WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years (It's my money); give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks!
(Sigh)

While I agree with your assertions that politicians are all for a gov't teet for themselves...

Alan Simpson hasn't been in the U.S. Senate in 15 years.

Also, he was appointed in 2010 to co-chair Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform...so Obama thinks he's alright...say...come to think of it - if Obama thinks he's alright....Simpson HAS to be an evil S.O.B.!!!
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#63134 Jan 21, 2013
He may have retired 15 years ago, but he is still advising on todays issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
K teachers at Oak Grove 1 hr agree 7
I miss Mae 4 hr Pat 20
I kitchen 8 hr Lawn mower man 1
The big house 9 hr Just wondering 1
I was a teenager once 9 hr Midnight madness 1
Debate: Ferguson - Lewisburg, TN 9 hr LandShark 6
Where is the best place to get wedding flowers? 17 hr just mine 10
•••
•••
Lewisburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lewisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewisburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••