what

Columbia, TN

#24 Jul 4, 2013
ooops....wheel taxes
voter

Brevard, NC

#25 Jul 5, 2013
Get ready to pay wrote:
The ring leader forced this one through. He has a big spending problem of our money. He knows who he is. Bad decision and we will all pay for the mistake.
please tell us who the ring leader is so we can vote him out of office.
They Vote For You

Columbia, TN

#26 Jul 5, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>this year they do not give a whhel tax sticker...because it saves the county 2 thousand dollars....what a joke.....
And to think that some people do not have a problem with it....That is bad....like I said....must be renters....they have No taxes to pay....
hell in a hand basket....
Just a guess less paper works and less records for the auditors to find problems with?
Fewer complaints about people living in Marshall County buying tags in places no wheel tax stickers?

Does it Looks like the People might as well shut up, seems they got no say, no vote, and no public hearing just ask the County Mayor or any County Commission member!
think about it

Lewisburg, TN

#27 Jul 7, 2013
They Vote For You wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a guess less paper works and less records for the auditors to find problems with?
Fewer complaints about people living in Marshall County buying tags in places no wheel tax stickers?
Does it Looks like the People might as well shut up, seems they got no say, no vote, and no public hearing just ask the County Mayor or any County Commission member!
Yes, they are supposed to be voting for the best interest of our county but I believe they vote for what is best for themselves and their close friends. Marshall county's tax rate is so high compared to other counties that it is not even funny. I have seen very little for our money over the years. I too wonder were all of it has been spent. Know that a lot has went to schools but what about the rest of the budget. Was this last 19 million for the improvements in chapel hill actually necessary or do they truly need another gym and a new middle school instead of adding wings on the existing schools and keeping the old high school gym at a reduced price. Just asking.
Peoples

Lewisburg, TN

#28 Jul 7, 2013
Hope they think of US.
whattheheck

Antioch, TN

#29 Jul 9, 2013
"adding on" is not an option because of core area limitations. You have to have enough room for kids to have PE, lunch. library, etc. It would be like having a fully occupied 30 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms and one kitchen - and a rule that says everyone has to eat and go to the bathroom during certain times. If you doubt the need, go into the schools when they're in session and watch teachers and kids step out of janitor's closets or sitting in the lobby of the school where they've been to give/get instruction. I don't like the debt either but there's no other way. I disagree with the gym.....but MY kids don't need PE at school to get exercise. For some of these babies, it's the only time of day they'll get off their asses and MOVE.
wrong again

Lewisburg, TN

#30 Jul 12, 2013
whattheheck wrote:
"adding on" is not an option because of core area limitations. You have to have enough room for kids to have PE, lunch. library, etc. It would be like having a fully occupied 30 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms and one kitchen - and a rule that says everyone has to eat and go to the bathroom during certain times. If you doubt the need, go into the schools when they're in session and watch teachers and kids step out of janitor's closets or sitting in the lobby of the school where they've been to give/get instruction. I don't like the debt either but there's no other way. I disagree with the gym.....but MY kids don't need PE at school to get exercise. For some of these babies, it's the only time of day they'll get off their asses and MOVE.
Bull hockey, you must live in chapel hill.
nobody seems too care

Columbia, TN

#31 Jul 19, 2013
why not start with the former Assessor of Property who now has a cushy job from her home making $50K or $60K, part-time, that the county taxpayers are paying for, at least partially.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
omg! thank you! 19 hr U can watch 2
RIP Sean Davenport! (May '13) 23 hr GoHard 19
Pastor of the First United Methodist Church (Jan '10) Dec 5 Elf 54
Taylor DeAnn Dalton (May '16) Dec 2 idlovetomakehercum 15
Former l.p.d in an altercation at football game Nov 30 Overitalready 6
Marshall County Bookings and Mugshots (Nov '15) Nov 30 Freddy 14
Don't Use Vanguard! (Apr '09) Nov 29 Sam Donaldson 35

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance