Any honest dentists in Lewisburg or surrounding areas?

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
need a dentist

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 8, 2011
I am looking for an honest dentist in the Lewisburg/Columbia area. I have heard from some people who have worked for dentists in the area, that they will crown peoples teeth when it is not necessary just to line their pockets, when a filling would have been enough. I want somebody honest who will do what is needed but not just to get rich. Thank you for suggestions.
ryan

United States

#2 Jan 8, 2011
DONT go 2 DR Rector then!
ryan

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2011
Dont go 2 Dr Rector then
need a dentist

Louisville, KY

#4 Jan 9, 2011
Any suggestions on who to get?
mmmmk

Spring Hill, TN

#5 Jan 9, 2011
Jenkins is great
My2Cents

Winchester, TN

#6 Jan 9, 2011
As stated above stay as far away from Rector as you can, I know several people he's pulled teeth from that didn't need them pulled or told them they needed root canals and crowns.
HereYaGo

Franklin, TN

#7 Jan 9, 2011
need a dentist wrote:
I am looking for an honest dentist in the Lewisburg/Columbia area. I have heard from some people who have worked for dentists in the area, that they will crown peoples teeth when it is not necessary just to line their pockets, when a filling would have been enough. I want somebody honest who will do what is needed but not just to get rich. Thank you for suggestions.
I HIGHLY recommend Dr David Andrews. His office is at Neely's Mill in Columbia. Good christian man, super sweet staff...I've never been disappointed w/ them.:)
goodlocaldentist

Winchester, TN

#8 Jan 9, 2011
my entire family uses dr sigman very nice honest and down to earth guy as is his staff. he has always done right by us. hes on ellington in front of walmart next to mcnabb ford
need a dentist

Denton, TX

#9 Jan 9, 2011
Thank you for your help.
GOOD DENTIST

Gallatin, TN

#10 Jan 9, 2011
My family goes to Dr Beck in columbia. He is great. My kids actually referred him over their pediatric dentist.
GOOD DENTIST

Gallatin, TN

#11 Jan 9, 2011
Sorry for the typo. My kids PREFERRED (not referred) him over their previous pediatric dentist.
Hmm

United States

#12 Jan 9, 2011
My family has been going to Dr. Thomas for years and he has always done us right.

Stay the heck away from Rector for sure. I went to him for awhile and he gave me 5 crowns that weren't needed. Never even had a cavatie since I been going to Thomas!
ryan

United States

#13 Jan 9, 2011
Dr Rector will do senseless and unnecessary procedures. U r right on about that! Billing never seems right either.
Cville

Madison, WI

#14 Jan 10, 2011
Dr. Thomas will charge you a arm and a leg, lol and will for sure do more work than needed to line his pockets.
Don't want his hands in my mouth after working on all those convicts anyways/
the truth

Columbia, TN

#15 Jan 10, 2011
I think the people complaining about Dr. Rector must be broke. He SOLVES your problem, other dentists are patching people up for a year or two. I have received quality service from Dr. Rector every time I've been there.
Hey

United States

#16 Jan 10, 2011
Has anyone heard anything about Lewisburg Family Dentistry?(the office behind McDonalds)
ryan

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2011
I am NOT wrong about Dr Rector! I went to him for over ten years. I had and have great dental insurance. He was billing my insurance before the work was ever completed or even done at times. I purchased multiple products from him. I had 1000's of out pocket work done because he and some of his assistants talked me into. You must be livn under a rock. He has been talked about for the last several years. MONEY HNGRY!
been there

Lewisburg, TN

#18 Jan 11, 2011
Hey wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about Lewisburg Family Dentistry?(the office behind McDonalds)
They seem nice, but trying to get anything done is like an act of congress there. I have been waiting on a price quote since December 1.
client

Lewisburg, TN

#19 Jan 11, 2011
ryan wrote:
I am NOT wrong about Dr Rector! I went to him for over ten years. I had and have great dental insurance. He was billing my insurance before the work was ever completed or even done at times. I purchased multiple products from him. I had 1000's of out pocket work done because he and some of his assistants talked me into. You must be livn under a rock. He has been talked about for the last several years. MONEY HNGRY!
I too had a lot of work done. He is in and out, mass producing work. He is a strange nicy-nice. I did not complain about anything. According to him everything he did was no problem.

Before he put on the caps, I do not see how they could of cleaned up the area under the temp caps in the seconds between removing my temps and putting on the permenant caps. Oh well, they are on now.

When he was done and did everything he could do, he said "you are done" and he just left the room. No thanks, no followup, no nothing. My insurance did not cover it so it came out of my pocket.
Will I go back? Probably not unless I have problems with his work. Too soon to tell.
cavity

Franklin, TN

#20 Jan 13, 2011
maybe ask around?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tennessee State Troopers Are Bullies 29 min citizen 26
Captain Ds (Apr '14) 12 hr Not holding my br... 14
Animal Shelters 18 hr so much is needed 3
2000 gallon water fee? 20 hr laughing at you 34
does anyone know of any haunted places in marsh... (May '11) 21 hr Open your eyes 23
BriAnna Thornhill? ? 23 hr duh 2
Stay away from Lewisburg (Jan '06) Wed Does any one Know 13,172

Flood Warning for Marshall County was issued at March 05 at 3:49PM CST

Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:30 am PST