Non profit theater
Non profit

Lewisburg, TN

#1 Aug 29, 2013
The Dixie is a wonderful theater.We could have so much more. Check out the Belcourt in Nashville . www.belcourt.org
We could be a place that people want to come to. I support local theater.
Non profit

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Aug 29, 2013
Non profit wrote:
The Dixie is a wonderful theater.We could have so luch more. Check out the Belcourt in Nashville . www.belcourt.org
We could be a place that people want to come to. I support local theater.
Special showing of movies, adult date nights, with special food, drinks.
idear

Lawrenceburg, TN

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Non profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Special showing of movies, adult date nights, with special food, drinks.
where do they cook the food?

At most maybe bring a picnic basket. I have been to places that had seats and counters. it would work if they had tables/counters. Quick disconnects would work but have a cost.
More

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Aug 29, 2013
where was the set up when they sold popcorn for movies there?
Alex

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Sep 25, 2013
Who else would like " The Dixie" open for showing of movies like the Belcourt in Nashville.
We could do that. They have special showings.
Wanting

Chapel Hill, TN

#8 Sep 26, 2013
Alex wrote:
Who else would like " The Dixie" open for showing of movies like the Belcourt in Nashville.
We could do that. They have special showings.
Me! I drive to Nashville for this and other entertainment. This is a great idea and can be done. Just the right person/mind has to do it.
Think about it

Columbia, TN

#9 Sep 26, 2013
Wanting wrote:
<quoted text>
Me! I drive to Nashville for this and other entertainment. This is a great idea and can be done. Just the right person/mind has to do it.
Have you not both thought about WHO owns the Dixie Theater? Have either of you thought about whether or not THEY want to bend to the wants of just a few people? Did you think this was an idea that NEVER was considered before? Did you ever wonder why, after all these years they never ventured such a task? Business 101 will tell you that it isn't feasible for several reasons. Logic will tell you that it isn't feasible for many reasons. Have any of you called the owner and asked them why it has not been done, or did you just figure it was a nice idea if someone else had the money and had the business plan done to see if it was even a viable idea? Business ventures are not just something to dream about and do without great forethought and studies. Those who do such without forethought usually fail.
Wanting

Chapel Hill, TN

#11 Sep 28, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Have any of you called the owner and asked them why it has not been done, or did you just figure it was a nice idea if someone else had the money and had the business plan done to see if it was even a viable idea? Business ventures are not just something to dream about and do without great forethought and studies. Those who do such without forethought usually fail.
Well as a matter of fact I have, a few years ago. At taht time I was told that you could rent the theatre for one night at 300 dollars. I do not have the time presntly to venture into the music business but my idea was to have a "concert" there. Or maybe a multiple act event. I am not in the music business and do nit have any real connection to it so I ould waste a lot of time trying to put it on or organize it.

The point of my post was this. If there are local's that want things to change then take the initiative to make it happen.
no no no

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Sep 28, 2013
Wanting wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as a matter of fact I have, a few years ago. At taht time I was told that you could rent the theatre for one night at 300 dollars. I do not have the time presntly to venture into the music business but my idea was to have a "concert" there. Or maybe a multiple act event. I am not in the music business and do nit have any real connection to it so I ould waste a lot of time trying to put it on or organize it.
The point of my post was this. If there are local's that want things to change then take the initiative to make it happen.
Mini Concerts would be nice.
BUT, I am not against the present day generation but just like their head banging music loving parents who lack respect for schools and authority, they may tend to be a little rough on the place and need some stimulants to help them enjoy the evening to the fullest. They may not be able to be well mannered and just sit their and enjoy the music or act like the people do who view the current shows.
Music Man

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Sep 28, 2013
no no no wrote:
<quoted text>
Mini Concerts would be nice.
BUT, I am not against the present day generation but just like their head banging music loving parents who lack respect for schools and authority, they may tend to be a little rough on the place and need some stimulants to help them enjoy the evening to the fullest. They may not be able to be well mannered and just sit their and enjoy the music or act like the people do who view the current shows.
Do they have a music program at the schools? Get the parents involved. Tie it into the goats music and more festival next year. To get people to see our fine city. And our talented local teens. I have seen a marching band at the MC High School practicing.
Keepin it real

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2013
Music Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have a music program at the schools? Get the parents involved. Tie it into the goats music and more festival next year. To get people to see our fine city. And our talented local teens. I have seen a marching band at the MC High School practicing.
Sounds good, have music from local people at the Dixie, on the same days as goat festival. Get other high schools involved to make he festival bigger.
Stupid is stupid does

Columbia, TN

#15 Sep 29, 2013
Keepin it real wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good, have music from local people at the Dixie, on the same days as goat festival. Get other high schools involved to make he festival bigger.
This must be another Mae suggestion. Why in the world would you promote music when there is already music being played at the festival? Maybe we should have a cow festival down the road on the same day... What a moronic suggestion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lynnville is Infamous! 2 hr Max 4
Mistrial declared in Jack Byrd extortion case 2 hr James 30
Kirk Douglas Chumbley 9 hr Co worker 2
Lynnville looses Fire and Rescue Station. 14 hr RickTaylor 20
Lynnville is a hick town Sat Fred 8
Jack Byrd extortion case hearing date, November 27 Sat RickTaylor 3
Q&A Concerning Local Drugstore Oct 18 Paul 2

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance