First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Open Eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#23 May 20, 2013
Agnostic and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
This should help you with your understanding of NDEs and the explanations behind them:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
First off, lol, I wasn't even talking about NDE. But since you brought it up, I love it how you attached yourself, as they do to these words, "...but research is now revealing scientific explanations for virtually all of their common features." Well, lets see know... what are they measuring or looking at? Oh, only those physiological aspects of what happens with the brain. We already know (to the extent of research) what is occurring in the "physical" brain. What we cannot measure is the events occurring outside those perimeters, mainly because at this time we are unable to. I won't even go into what research IS still going on with the brain. Brain research is like researching the cosmos; it is just so vast we have barely touched the surface in our knowledge of it.

You see, you, like them, see a "dead end" sign on the street and ASSUME this to be true. When in fact, if you continued looking you would realize that this is only true if you are driving a car, and not on foot. Oh... wait... I wasn't thinking of it that way.

"The details of what happens in near-death experiences are now known widely...", however those details only pertain to the physical aspects. You really need to open your mind to the possibilities of what else lies beyond the obvious. If we all lived like you, we would not have many of the creature comforts we have today.

It is like molecular research or the Boson particle, as we go deeper into the our physical makeup, what lies beyond that which we have not yet seen? There WILL be a connection for there must be.
Open Eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#24 May 20, 2013
P.S. btw, the articles you present are very rudimentary and biased. They are hardly worth my time or yours. I hope you expand your mind in the future. It appears like you have taken a lot of effort in this, and that is a good thing. Hats off to you.
deathrow

Columbia, TN

#25 May 20, 2013
does it matter , all the girls here are hos on the go with herps, they got stuff ajax will not take off
Hmmmm

Lawrenceburg, TN

#26 May 20, 2013
deathrow wrote:
does it matter , all the girls here are hos on the go with herps, they got stuff ajax will not take off
Well, aren't you just the brilliant one? You sound like Jimi... all experienced. Good luck with that, dude. Don't forget to warn you girlfriends, or maybe in your case, boi friends. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Moses

Antioch, TN

#27 May 20, 2013
That's some funny stuff right there. So true!
yep wrote:
church girls are naive...you can talk them into anything...after all, ya'll got them to believe in an invisible and a scientifically unverifiable holy being. church of christ girls in l burg are the easiest to trick.
Laughing at you

Lawrenceburg, TN

#28 May 20, 2013
Moses wrote:
That's some funny stuff right there. So true!
<quoted text>
I think you miss your boat moses... Your runnin a few oars short.
welp that proves it

Rutherfordton, NC

#29 May 20, 2013
Believe what u want to and post it on facebook u idoits so that we can put a face with ur name..that away i can keep my children clear of the fist and spit clear of them so i make sure i get ur sorry azzholez that hqve nothing better to do but talk qbout christian girls on the internet...go jump off a bridge and be thankful that know one else has got to clean up your black blood that is staiined with idiotism . but WItH NO RESPECT TO YOU !!! GO TO HELL! At least ur blood would be washed away ...good happy thoughts !
yep

Columbia, TN

#30 May 20, 2013
Open Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, but you will never get anything right about me or true Christians. You seem pretty brainwashed yourself with your righteous attitude in that you think you have all the right answers. Sad fact is, your belief system has less to work with than mine. Critical thinking skills is just way of thinking about ANY problem or subject in which the person evaluates the information and uses such conclusions to guide their future. It is not "evidence". I evaluate the information I have and made my conclusions, just like you did.
And again, lack of scientific evidence (on your part) does not prove anything. Your statement about Santa and the Easter bunny is totally weak and irrelevant as there is not one adult in the world who believes in either as a real entity, so why even bother presenting that?
You claim when you die, you're dead and nothing happens afterwards. Hmmm... so Mr. Know-it-all, please present your scientific evidence to prove this. Do you know anyone who die for three days and came back to tell you that? And if they did, would you even accept it? You are so skeptical that if Jesus himself came to you, you would find some excuse to say it never happened. I find it hard to believe that someone as closed minded as you would accept any scientific proof of anything.
You keep leaning on that crutch if that is what it takes to ease your feeble, simple mind. Organized religion has been used for millennia to control the masses...just keep sending us your money and you will be rewarded in the afterlife. lol.

Speaking of close minded, do you really believe billions of people are wrong about their religion? Yeah, yeah, you keep believing in a book thats content was specially selected by the early 'church' lol. I guess you will be telling me that the authors were 'inspired' by a higher being. I guess you just beleive what mommy and daddy taught you...try thinking for yourself; you might overcome your tunnel vision.
Open Eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#31 May 20, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep leaning on that crutch if that is what it takes to ease your feeble, simple mind. Organized religion has been used for millennia to control the masses...just keep sending us your money and you will be rewarded in the afterlife. lol.
Speaking of close minded, do you really believe billions of people are wrong about their religion? Yeah, yeah, you keep believing in a book thats content was specially selected by the early 'church' lol. I guess you will be telling me that the authors were 'inspired' by a higher being. I guess you just beleive what mommy and daddy taught you...try thinking for yourself; you might overcome your tunnel vision.
Oh, please. Is that the best you have? Because of the obvious deficiency of your vernacular, I considered not addressing your comments at all, but for those reading I will. Your first failure is grouping all religions as one. Big fail. That just goes to prove you know nothing about the subject otherwise you could have addressed them directly instead of lumping them together. That is like taking a room full of homeless people and accusing them all of having the same problem. You can't do that. They are not equal.

Me, Feeble? Hardly when you consider my degrees and experience. Simple? I refer back to you vernacular deficiency. Christianity has nothing to do with money. No where in the bible does it say you must give money to someone (even a church group) in order to be rewarded in the afterlife. Another example of your impaired, defective knowledge of Christianity.

Do I think billions of people are wrong about their religion? Yes! But I have sound reasoning behind my thoughts on that. If one person gives a fact of anything, and another person gives a fact that refutes the other's fact, only one of them can be correct. It is very simple to take the facts of other religions and show how they contradict Christianity. This has nothing to do whether or not religion or God is real. I am only talking about taking what they 'claim' and stacking it against what Christianity 'claims'. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

I stake no claims on what the New Testament says or on how or why it was canonized as it was. I do not need the bible just as no one needs the bible to go to where Christians say one goes if they believe in God. The only place it talks about being God inspired is where it talks about older writings they were teaching at the time. The New Testament did not exist at the time, however there were letters being written to certain churches passing on the teachings of Christ. It is these letters that were collected and put together. There is ample proof when you connect the dots between archeological facts, such as original manuscripts, first century churches, Jewish artifacts from the two original temples that Judaism and Christianity has not changed in thousands of years and they concur. Again, this is not about proving God exists, it simply means the storyline is long, unbroken, and non-contradictory. That is no simple feat!

I did not come to my belief in Jesus from any 'church' or from the bible or from my parents. In fact, I dropped out of going to church before I came to believe. All that said, again this shows how little you've given any thought to this whole posting of yours. I really don't think you have any room to be suggesting to me to think and overcome tunnel vision. Although you have removed all doubt about yours. You should try to learn about what you are kicking first because you might be kicking a rattlesnake that bites back. That is called having lack of insight. Good luck with your way of thinking.
your daddy

Lewisburg, TN

#32 May 20, 2013
Girls are girls, boys are boys/
Open Eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#33 May 21, 2013
welp that proves it wrote:
Believe what u want to and post it on facebook u idoits so that we can put a face with ur name..that away i can keep my children clear of the fist and spit clear of them so i make sure i get ur sorry azzholez that hqve nothing better to do but talk qbout christian girls on the internet...go jump off a bridge and be thankful that know one else has got to clean up your black blood that is staiined with idiotism . but WItH NO RESPECT TO YOU !!! GO TO HELL! At least ur blood would be washed away ...good happy thoughts !
Wow... can't tell if you are a troll or just in serious need of medication. Take a deep breath and go out side for some sunshine and fresh air. Your BP is spiking! "clear of the fist and spit"??? "...so i make sure i get ur sorry azzholez that hqve nothing better to do but talk qbout christian girls on the internet..."??? Um... sounds like you are adding to the fray. There are plenty of other non-Christian topix threads and an endless number of Internet websites you could be visiting instead. Find something more calming. "GO TO HELL!"??? Do you even believe in hell? If so, you must believe in heaven. Which one are you aiming for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump voters 2 hr Told you so 10
Schools need to be closed 11 hr Pumpkin head 9
Is anyone still treated by Louis Shone NP of Ly... Feb 19 Interesting 6
Mike "scooter" smith wanted or snitching? Feb 19 Snichs and stitchs 2
meth bust (May '14) Feb 19 No sence 7
public defender Feb 18 teens 1
Public Defenders Race (Jul '14) Feb 18 bad girls 103

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance