Shame on Bill Williams
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shame Bill Williams

Columbia, TN

#1 Apr 14, 2013
Bill williams who said he is for business for lewisburg, lets see....

Last week millie and bill went to the hotel and ask all the folks staying there to leave and did not give any refunds for those who paid up front, the works were fired and not given any severance pay or anything, no notice or nothing to no one. now they got paid 400,000.oo and they could not give more then one day notice. this is fact just ask anyone who worked there or were staying there.

Now how can you be for the folks when you sell out to indians for 400g and not even give the wokers notice.

Bill is bad for lewisburg, those folks are going to have troble feeding the kids next week, would have been nice to get notice, but guess bill and miss millie are happy, they got paid
Boo hoo

Lawrenceburg, TN

#2 Apr 14, 2013
shame Bill Williams wrote:
Last week millie and bill went to the hotel and ask all the folks staying there to leave and did not give any refunds for those who paid up front, the works were fired and not given any severance pay or anything, no notice or nothing to no one. now they got paid 400,000.oo and they could not give more then one day notice. this is fact just ask anyone who worked there or were staying there.
Now how can you be for the folks when you sell out to indians for 400g and not even give the wokers notice.
Bill is bad for lewisburg, those folks are going to have troble feeding the kids next week, would have been nice to get notice, but guess bill and miss millie are happy, they got paid
That is life. Don't like a shewed business man/woman, don't vote for them. But quit being such a cry baby over it. If anyone was not given 30 day eviction notices, and left, that's their problem. Or if they signed contracts that gave them little to no notice, that's their problem. It's not yours. Who cares who they sell to, that is their right. No one tells YOU who to sell your things to. That's called racism. You are so worried about the Williams when you are just as f@cked up as you claim they are. And now you are going to get on here and show them just how much you are just like them by bad mouthing them in front of everyone without hearing their side of it all.
T Thump

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2013
shame Bill Williams wrote:
Nobody cares. It was their business so they can do as they like. Quit whining cause it happens all the time. You act like a business owner has some contract with an employee to keep them employed, sorry, doesn't work that way. Businesses close and people lose jobs. Everyone knew it was coming so don't act like it was a surprise.
hmm

Columbia, TN

#4 Apr 14, 2013
preach bringing jobs, but fire ur workers without notice , what will he do for u?
backer

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Everything comes to an end sooner than later. When closing happen, things change.
I believe the workers and tenants probably knew more than you know.
Stop trying to tie the closing of a business they most likely were just tired of to an elections or thought pattern. You are making a funny out of yourself trying to tie this together.

Sounds like someone who didn't get what they wanted again and trying to lay out their sad case on topixs for the world to see and all it is doing is making them look foolish at the end or a failed smear campaign.
Dumb R U

York, SC

#6 Apr 14, 2013
hmm wrote:
preach bringing jobs, but fire ur workers without notice , what will he do for u?
Those two things are totally unrelated. Doesn't matter who brings the jobs and they may end up letting go of people without notice anyway because this is a right to work state. Quit showing your ignorance.
public information

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Apr 14, 2013
Just ask yourself one question about the selling of the Hotel. Did it help or hurt Lewisburg? Depending on your answer that could help you determine if similar decisions made by him in the future will have the same results for our town. Maybe, it just doesn't matter either way! The choice is your.
Y R U so dumb

Lawrenceburg, TN

#9 Apr 14, 2013
public information wrote:
Just ask yourself one question about the selling of the Hotel. Did it help or hurt Lewisburg? Depending on your answer that could help you determine if similar decisions made by him in the future will have the same results for our town. Maybe, it just doesn't matter either way! The choice is your.
If you own a home or even say a business, and someone offers you a good price for it, do you think, wait, is this good for my community? Will my neighbor be mad I am selling my house to someone he might not like or approve of? If you THINK like that, you are an idiot and maybe a racist too! The selling of a business is for the current owner to MAKE MONEY. That is why he bought it in the first place. It was an investment and the time was ripe for him to get a decent return in this economy. It is not a reflection on leadership or community bonds in the sense you present it to be. In fact, some would see it in the opposite light and see that he is able to make sound business decisions and not be manipulated or bullied by people like you in the community. Haters going to hate. If your aim is to make Bill look stupid, or put in a bad light, you are failing miserably. You might even helping him. Not so smart are you?
Not so dumb

Summertown, TN

#10 Apr 14, 2013
Y R U so dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
If you own a home or even say a business, and someone offers you a good price for it, do you think, wait, is this good for my community? Will my neighbor be mad I am selling my house to someone he might not like or approve of? If you THINK like that, you are an idiot and maybe a racist too! The selling of a business is for the current owner to MAKE MONEY. That is why he bought it in the first place. It was an investment and the time was ripe for him to get a decent return in this economy. It is not a reflection on leadership or community bonds in the sense you present it to be. In fact, some would see it in the opposite light and see that he is able to make sound business decisions and not be manipulated or bullied by people like you in the community. Haters going to hate. If your aim is to make Bill look stupid, or put in a bad light, you are failing miserably. You might even helping him. Not so smart are you?
You make a point, but he put himself and profit for his family first, the workers and the town's unemployment second. Now I would do the same, however...I am not running for Mayor, or promising to put Lewisburg's needs first. He is asking us to put our trust in him to do what is right for our town. What he did was not illegal, but it makes me wonder if someone asked him to cover up something or look the other way, and it profited him or his family, what his decision would be.
Jan

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Apr 14, 2013
Not so dumb wrote:
<quoted text>You make a point, but he put himself and profit for his family first, the workers and the town's unemployment second. Now I would do the same, however...I am not running for Mayor, or promising to put Lewisburg's needs first. He is asking us to put our trust in him to do what is right for our town. What he did was not illegal, but it makes me wonder if someone asked him to cover up something or look the other way, and it profited him or his family, what his decision would be.
it was not his business, it belongs to his wife. She is a business person, she is not running for office.
Senseless

United States

#12 Apr 14, 2013
Not so dumb wrote:
<quoted text>You make a point, but he put himself and profit for his family first, the workers and the town's unemployment second. Now I would do the same, however...I am not running for Mayor, or promising to put Lewisburg's needs first. He is asking us to put our trust in him to do what is right for our town. What he did was not illegal, but it makes me wonder if someone asked him to cover up something or look the other way, and it profited him or his family, what his decision would be.
That is literally the dumbest comment I ever read. How do you make a connection like that? Are you really saying because they sold their business legitimately he would participate in a cover up if he was elected? Really? I'd be more inclined to think that if the guy had a criminal record or shady associates. Your analogy is really out there. To each his own but that really makes no sense. I think people are trying to find something to discredit this guy but its pretty obvious this isn't it.
Not so dumb

Summertown, TN

#13 Apr 14, 2013
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>it was not his business, it belongs to his wife. She is a business person, she is not running for office.
So being a married couple, he didn't profit from taking jobs away from people in our town? Being a married couple, she didn't discuss a sale of her business with her husband? Being a married couple, she will never infuence or support her husband decisions as mayor of our town? That could be their type of relationship, but I will not put my vote on it.
school board

Summertown, TN

#14 Apr 14, 2013
Senseless wrote:
<quoted text>
That is literally the dumbest comment I ever read. How do you make a connection like that? Are you really saying because they sold their business legitimately he would participate in a cover up if he was elected? Really? I'd be more inclined to think that if the guy had a criminal record or shady associates. Your analogy is really out there. To each his own but that really makes no sense. I think people are trying to find something to discredit this guy but its pretty obvious this isn't it.
I saw the connection too. He put profit for his family over the good of Lewisburg. Actually, it reminds me of when S.I. at the central office ordered all those boxes from S.Carton, and people started questioning a conflict of interest of B.K being on the school board. B.K. said that her husband owned the business and she wasn't a part of it, had NO idea that this deal had even happened. The attny, said that was the way they could get around the conflict of interest and she is still on the Board. Wonder who is giving Williams political advice for his campaign.
hotel califorina

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Apr 14, 2013
Get over it people. They sold a business. The job was not the people's job. If they were good, they may be able to get it again from the next owners if the local folks complaining about things on the internet did not pisss them off already.

Have a little respect for the next mayor of lewisburg.

What if, what if, what if......grow up folks and stop acting like a bunch of bickering old ladies. Now maybe I can go to bed and everyone can put this to rest. Jealous fools......
Y U so dumb

Lawrenceburg, TN

#16 Apr 15, 2013
school board wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the connection too. He put profit for his family over the good of Lewisburg. Actually, it reminds me of when S.I. at the central office ordered all those boxes from S.Carton, and people started questioning a conflict of interest of B.K being on the school board. B.K. said that her husband owned the business and she wasn't a part of it, had NO idea that this deal had even happened. The attny, said that was the way they could get around the conflict of interest and she is still on the Board. Wonder who is giving Williams political advice for his campaign.
School board = not so dumb. Seems like the same person with the same agenda: Kill Bill. Too bad it falls short of any intelligence. In both posts, you keep attempting to compare an unrelated legal sound business decision to an conflict of interest or illegal act. You cannot compare apples to golf carts. Did your mother drop you on your head too many times?
Who Cares

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Apr 15, 2013
Who cares if she sold the hotel or not. Mr. Bill can just squander her money like he did his other wife's inheritance. Guess she thought that it was worth letting him have the big house at the country club to get rid of the deadbeat though and she got the hell outta Dodge.
Good Business

Chapel Hill, TN

#18 Apr 15, 2013
Y R U so dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, I think you are on to something here. Just like those that sold the land to the landfield. Good business.
Cry babies

Lawrenceburg, TN

#19 Apr 15, 2013
Who Cares wrote:
Who cares if she sold the hotel or not. Mr. Bill can just squander her money like he did his other wife's inheritance. Guess she thought that it was worth letting him have the big house at the country club to get rid of the deadbeat though and she got the hell outta Dodge.
You can read the jealousy all over that post!! LMFAO! Envy is a sin you know!
Y R U so dumb

Lawrenceburg, TN

#20 Apr 15, 2013
Good Business wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, I think you are on to something here. Just like those that sold the land to the landfield. Good business.
If you call me Bob one more time, I'll reach in through the Internet and slap your stupid a$$ into tomorrow so I can do it again. What makes you think I am even a man, dumba$$?

Since: Jun 11

Lewisburg, TN

#21 Apr 16, 2013
so the outrage here is that some guy sold a business to some guy you don't like because of their race,and let the employees go? Have any of the former employees TALKED to the new owners? Its a motel, in lewisburg... so this affected what, 5 people? we're not talking 5 star service or anything.

As far as i'm concerned though, does the "indian" have his papers sorted out? Does he at least attempt to speak english? Then hes as american as anyone else, and i welcome him to the local economy and wish him success enough to hire more people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas holdem Poker Sun JAB 1
new judge, let the pay offs begain (Sep '11) Sun IAMTHELORD 37
Circuit Court Clerk Election Sun Bonds 6
If Lewisburg Council all had Emails? (Sep '07) Feb 18 Webmaster 14
Why Change the Names of Public Roads, Bridges o... Feb 17 Ur a moron 6
Flu in the Schools Feb 16 BillClintonsLoveC... 4
Please pray for Walker Die Casting (Oct '08) Feb 15 Ur a moron 122

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance