Concerned Parent

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2012
I have heard stories about a major fight at the MCHS that happened this week. I have heard many different stories. Does anyone know what really happened. I don't have children there but will have next year.. A lot of people say that this happens often. I know every school has some problems but seems like it happens more here than any other school in Marshall County. Don't know to send my children there or somewhere else.
friend of students

Arrington, TN

#2 Nov 14, 2012
There's been gang fights between hispanics and blacks, the other day there was one at school and one of them hit a marine in the face and attempted to take the SRO officer's gun, yesterday there was a related shooting after school on 7th avenue, and today teachers are encouraging students to go back home.
parent

Nashville, TN

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Apparently there was some chatter about fights earlier in the week that may escalate during school today. However, there were police officers and deputies there when I dropped off my child. Kids are safe and everything is under control, but still a lot of chatter going on. Students are being allowed to check out, and it is excused today. I think it is being handled the best way they can.

MCHS is a good school. I was quite impressed when I learned how many courses they offer, both technical and college prep. Cornersville doesn't offer near as much. I don't know about Forrest.

what the heck

Nashville, TN

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Demographic makeup of Forrest and Cornersville are different. They're not going to have the same problems as MCHS but I'm sure they have issues of their own. Unless you can afford private school, you're going to have to choose between race problems and opportunity issues (class choices, athletics, etc).

Good luck.
Here by Choice

Joelton, TN

#5 Nov 14, 2012
what the heck wrote:
Demographic makeup of Forrest and Cornersville are different. They're not going to have the same problems as MCHS but I'm sure they have issues of their own. Unless you can afford private school, you're going to have to choose between race problems and opportunity issues (class choices, athletics, etc).
Good luck.
Have no children in school now but my choice would be Forrest, it is more diversified. By the way, the county tax rate is 3.22(5th highest in state) to support 3 school systems. Unfortunately the "demographic" makeup of each community differs and would not allow an easy consolidation, it has been tried.
improudtobeme

Herndon, VA

#6 Nov 14, 2012
If you don't want your impresionable youth to be exposed to those pesky children of less than WASP DNA, then send those little angels to Williamson County Schools.
really

Tucker, GA

#7 Nov 14, 2012
DNA has nothing to do with it. Raise your children to be a productive citizen and our children can go to school and be safe.
truth

Lawrenceburg, TN

#8 Nov 14, 2012
Facts are facts, and the truth is that white people need to put their kids in Forrest or Cornersville. Let the /Viggers and Mexicans ruin MCHS, just like they have destroyed every other urban school since desegregation. I'll get bashed for what I have said, but they are NOT equal to whites. Face reality.
Sick And Tired

Chapel Hill, TN

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Forrest has more pregnancies and drug activity than MCHS and Cornersville. It just doesn't make headlines because it's swept under the rug.
yea

Columbia, TN

#10 Nov 14, 2012
"Truth", 1960 called, they miss you at the lunch counter.
truth

Lawrenceburg, TN

#11 Nov 15, 2012
yea wrote:
"Truth", 1960 called, they miss you at the lunch counter.
If things could return to the way they were before desegregation, I would go back in a heartbeat.
yea

Columbia, TN

#12 Nov 15, 2012
"Truth", there is little question in my mind that you would.
peoplepeople

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Nov 15, 2012
This wasn't gang related,although there's talk of ms13s coming. Lewisburg has went to hell in a handbasket! Plain & simple
kill stupid bigots

Jackson, TN

#15 Nov 15, 2012
truth has a point.. the columbine kids were black and the unibomber was mexican.. john wayne gacy was black and so was jeffrey dohmer.. i know these people looked white but that was just the media trying to spin it..
really

Tucker, GA

#16 Nov 15, 2012
Sick And Tired wrote:
Forrest has more pregnancies and drug activity than MCHS and Cornersville. It just doesn't make headlines because it's swept under the rug.
You might be right, but as a parent, it is my job to try and prevent that. I can't stop another child from shooting my cguld at school.
really folks

Augusta, MI

#17 Nov 15, 2012
When 9/11 occured there were locals taking their children from school for something that happened miles away. Then when something happens in the halls of the school that your child walks you want to leave them there. I question people often.
truth

Lawrenceburg, TN

#18 Nov 16, 2012
kill stupid bigots wrote:
truth has a point.. the columbine kids were black and the unibomber was mexican.. john wayne gacy was black and so was jeffrey dohmer.. i know these people looked white but that was just the media trying to spin it..
What do JWG, the Unabomber, and Dahmer have to do with schools? The only example you cited that makes any sense is Columbine, and I won't deny those kids were white. School shootings are isolated incidents that happen a few times per year. Meanwhile,/Viggers and Mexicans are running wild in every urban school in America. There really is no comparison. If you want the truth, I'll give it to you. I know a few teachers. Ask any teacher that you know to give you an honest answer about which kids slow them down during the day. If the teacher knows you well enough to be completely honest, he will tell you that they can't adequately teach the white kids because teachers have to slow down and dumb it down for the minorities. Facts are facts, it's not my fault that this is true.

Desegregation has led to the death of white culture. Our kids are getting dumber just by being around inferior races. How many white kids can you count in a day riding around bumping rap music and acting like a stupid monkey?
shocked

Mount Juliet, TN

#20 Nov 16, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What do JWG, the Unabomber, and Dahmer have to do with schools? The only example you cited that makes any sense is Columbine, and I won't deny those kids were white. School shootings are isolated incidents that happen a few times per year. Meanwhile,/Viggers and Mexicans are running wild in every urban school in America. There really is no comparison. If you want the truth, I'll give it to you. I know a few teachers. Ask any teacher that you know to give you an honest answer about which kids slow them down during the day. If the teacher knows you well enough to be completely honest, he will tell you that they can't adequately teach the white kids because teachers have to slow down and dumb it down for the minorities. Facts are facts, it's not my fault that this is true.
Desegregation has led to the death of white culture. Our kids are getting dumber just by being around inferior races. How many white kids can you count in a day riding around bumping rap music and acting like a stupid monkey?
truth - you are antiquated in your thinking and beliefs. we should all help you go back to the time before desegregation. Fact is - the kids who started the problems at MCHS have always been problems at MCHS. The only reason they are still there is that your school board and super (an incompetent) allow them to be there. Investigate and find out the root of the problem. The kids who started the fight are always ready to start a fight - do not listen to or do what they are asked. facts again - the administration, faculty and staff at MCHS are terrific. Work for the kids who attend school there and have to put up with malcontents who cause nothing but problems, are not students in the full sense of the word and go to school to socialize and make trouble. Find out who the kids were that were invovled in the
fight and you will see a track record of discor dwith authority, malcontents and trouble makers. Actually your attitude and beliefes fit righ tin with theirs.

I so get a kick out of reading all the experts who post opinions on this site - but youi take the cake!
i went to lewisburg

Lewisburg, TN

#22 Nov 17, 2012
truth wrote:
Facts are facts, and the truth is that white people need to put their kids in Forrest or Cornersville. Let the /Viggers and Mexicans ruin MCHS, just like they have destroyed every other urban school since desegregation. I'll get bashed for what I have said, but they are NOT equal to whites. Face reality.
i went to lewisburg and its not a bad school so i wanna no what the hells wrong with it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor DeAnn Dalton 1 hr Eww 12
Jimmy Goddard/Benton Banking Company (Nov '13) 2 hr cantstandfktards 4
Home Builders in Marshall County 3 hr goodgrief 4
In search of,.. Jul 22 Just me 2
Convenience Stores (Jul '07) Jul 20 Waka 6
mike waggoner Jul 19 PAC MAN 26
speed limits in town Jul 18 the return of goo... 12

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages