Klan robes, Nazi memorabilia go to au...

Klan robes, Nazi memorabilia go to auction in Dover

There are 78 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Feb 6, 2010, titled Klan robes, Nazi memorabilia go to auction in Dover. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The hall in the basement of the Dover Fire Company was neatly divided Friday, with items tagged and waiting for auction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
annie11455

York, PA

#1 Feb 6, 2010
Back in the early '80's I dated a man who lived in Dover who collected World War II memorabilia, specifically Nazi items. I can't help but wonder if those items were his. I know he passed away several years ago.
NNN

York, PA

#2 Feb 6, 2010
I think they should destroy all of the KKK and Nazi things, I know it is history, but alot of nutties out there are liable to buy it for no good!
Sell it off

Lancaster, PA

#3 Feb 6, 2010
I feel it's ok to auction this stuff off. I think it's a reminder of how things can go wrong with a country when a leader can brainwash an entire country. I'm a history buff so I can appreciatte their historical value.
Despite all of the photos and horrible stories of the holocaust, Iran still says it never happened. I'm not sure how much proof Ahmadinejad needs but obviously he's blind to the truth.
Getting rid of proof for future generations to see would be a shame.
annie11455

York, PA

#4 Feb 6, 2010
Nutties don't need KKK memorabilia to be up to no good. Nutties can do that with even the most harmless thing you can think of.
acc

York, PA

#5 Feb 6, 2010
hahahha nutties
Couple of Things

Lancaster, PA

#6 Feb 6, 2010
NNN wrote:
I think they should destroy all of the KKK and Nazi things, I know it is history, but alot of nutties out there are liable to buy it for no good!
.'A lot' is two words, not one. Secondly, on what basis do you make the statement that people will 'buy it for no good'? Thirdly, these are being sold as artifacts, not propaganda. Lastly, you might think about actually getting a life.
Rivkie

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2010
This is repulsive.My daughter lives near this fire station in Dover. My Uncle was murdered by Hitler in Madjanek death camp. His crime was being Jewish.
Is my daughter's taxes paying to facilitate this? Why is it being held in a city building. I encourage all Dover residents to voice your revulsion of this. Is this what you want your town to be known for? I had a nice time in Dover when I visited, now I am just plain scared. Maybe I will just wait for her to be done with school and get home to the South where we have run these people out of town!
Bob

Vancouver, Canada

#8 Feb 6, 2010
The Nazi memorabilia do have historical significance. I'd rather it was donated to a museum though, and do hope that whoever buys them will do so.

The KKK stuff? About as worthless as its members.
Are you serious

York, PA

#9 Feb 6, 2010
Rivkie wrote:
This is repulsive.My daughter lives near this fire station in Dover. My Uncle was murdered by Hitler in Madjanek death camp. His crime was being Jewish.
Is my daughter's taxes paying to facilitate this? Why is it being held in a city building. I encourage all Dover residents to voice your revulsion of this. Is this what you want your town to be known for? I had a nice time in Dover when I visited, now I am just plain scared. Maybe I will just wait for her to be done with school and get home to the South where we have run these people out of town!
Lady, it is a fire station that allows individuals to hold auctions; to sustain the station and purchase equipment. Memorabilia of all types are sold at these auctions. And you are plain scared of Dover due to this auction. Wow! THE SOUTH, that's another good one. Suggest you visit Andersonville Prison (Camp Sumpter) GA sometime. Read details of its operation. And I am supposed to hate all SOUTHERNERS because of THAT place and ones who also still fly the Confederate Flag. I always remain North of the Mason Dixon Line as am afraid to take my family down to that God awful South. Yea, right. Give me a break! You should concentrate on the Arabs, to this day, who are attempting to inhilate the Jewish State (no, that ain't the State of New York either). I'll help finance your daughters return to the South if she leaves even before school is over. Stay out of PA and especially Dover, PA. Oh, for me, Hitler had some very good ideas; won't take it any further than that. Could also give you some earth shattering info on the KKK in the Dover area in my deceased fathers day.
Transplanted in the South

Woodbridge, VA

#10 Feb 7, 2010
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, it is a fire station that allows individuals to hold auctions; to sustain the station and purchase equipment. Memorabilia of all types are sold at these auctions. And you are plain scared of Dover due to this auction. Wow! THE SOUTH, that's another good one. Suggest you visit Andersonville Prison (Camp Sumpter) GA sometime. Read details of its operation. And I am supposed to hate all SOUTHERNERS because of THAT place and ones who also still fly the Confederate Flag. I always remain North of the Mason Dixon Line as am afraid to take my family down to that God awful South. Yea, right. Give me a break! You should concentrate on the Arabs, to this day, who are attempting to inhilate the Jewish State (no, that ain't the State of New York either). I'll help finance your daughters return to the South if she leaves even before school is over. Stay out of PA and especially Dover, PA. Oh, for me, Hitler had some very good ideas; won't take it any further than that. Could also give you some earth shattering info on the KKK in the Dover area in my deceased fathers day.
You had me agreeing with you until your comment "Hitler had some very good ideas" I have no idea where you are coming from. Hitler was a bully, a murderer, thief,and a piece of crap. I have never found anything of value in him or his cause. I do agree that these items should be in a museum for future generations to understand what happens when people take advantage of others, especially those who sit back and watch.
citizen

York, PA

#11 Feb 7, 2010
york county is only one or two generations from being klan members. this is only the tip of the iceberg on klan stuff and ideas in this area. york is a very bias and predjice town. it has been that way for years and will stay that way.

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#12 Feb 7, 2010
Transplanted in the South wrote:
<quoted text>You had me agreeing with you until your comment "Hitler had some very good ideas" I have no idea where you are coming from. Hitler was a bully, a murderer, thief,and a piece of crap. I have never found anything of value in him or his cause. I do agree that these items should be in a museum for future generations to understand what happens when people take advantage of others, especially those who sit back and watch.
i remember hitler getting credit for the highway system in germany and there were a few other things i can't recall that he implemented which helped his country. he was also a pretty good artist. this was before all the evil he will be remembered for.
another strong quality of hitler was his public speaking. he was considered one of the best. i don't even understand german but ther's no mistaking his passion. the way his voice and volume changes and the pounding of his fist. people rallied around him and there are still germans today that are pissed at america for "removing him from office"
that being said, i agree that he was a piece of crap.
Zone1

York, PA

#13 Feb 7, 2010
This stuff should be destroyed,you want history,go buy a book.After reading about what the SS did to the Jews in Germany,no one should profit.The people who own these things for profit are as guilty as the people that used them to kill.I agree with another post,this area is prejudice and always will be.Ive never lived in a Town as backwards as York,PA.It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been,and also one of the ugliest.The people make it ugly.
blonde

Etters, PA

#14 Feb 7, 2010
NNN wrote:
no part of history should ever be destroyed, that's exactly what Hitler tried to do with books, art, and people.
Lamar

York, PA

#15 Feb 7, 2010
You liberal cry babies need to grow up. It is history and has its place. Its history. I hope this day of crying that you are offended so you can redistribute wealth comes to an end soon.

I see things everyday that I find offensive and I dont expect anyone to change their heritage for my feelings.
blonde

Etters, PA

#16 Feb 7, 2010
Zone1 wrote:
This stuff should be destroyed,you want history,go buy a book.After reading about what the SS did to the Jews in Germany,no one should profit.The people who own these things for profit are as guilty as the people that used them to kill.I agree with another post,this area is prejudice and always will be.Ive never lived in a Town as backwards as York,PA.It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been,and also one of the ugliest.The people make it ugly.
for you to compare the owners of these antiques to the people who used these things is ludicris. That kind of comment is just plain ignorant and is so predjudiced. History happened, good and bad. Owners of a piece of history are the keepers of the past-it does not mean they condone nor condemn that part of history.
Reality Check

Manheim, PA

#17 Feb 7, 2010
Last time I checked, it can be argued we still live in a free society.

Who gets to chose what you can buy and sell and who can facilitate those sales?

Three parties directly benefit, the buyer, the seller and the fire company. Others benefit just from the enjoyment of viewing the items in a historical content.

Destroying historical items, or making them illegal,(any items for that matter) for a personal, or political reasons is just plain wrong.

If you feel that strongly about it, then buy the items and destroy them yourself.

You do have THAT right. And I support you.

You will still be helping out the above mentioned parties. Thank you.
Auction should go well

United States

#18 Feb 7, 2010
There are plenty of racists and closet Nazis in York who would love to buy this stuff, wear it around the house, and Heil Hitler in their own special way. They should probably cover the "memorabilia" in plastic first, though.

No wonder the auction is being held in York County -- should be a big success, unfortunately.
john f

York, PA

#19 Feb 7, 2010
Rivkie wrote:
U are a sad person. U need to get out of the house and see life! Your blind if U think the south is different!
blonde

Etters, PA

#20 Feb 7, 2010
brother lo wrote:
<quoted text>
i remember hitler getting credit for the highway system in germany and there were a few other things i can't recall that he implemented which helped his country. he was also a pretty good artist. this was before all the evil he will be remembered for.
another strong quality of hitler was his public speaking. he was considered one of the best. i don't even understand german but ther's no mistaking his passion. the way his voice and volume changes and the pounding of his fist. people rallied around him and there are still germans today that are pissed at america for "removing him from office"
that being said, i agree that he was a piece of crap.
they rallied around him out of FEAR. No other reason. Those speeches of his were not attended voluntarily either; they were mandatory for Germans; to show solidarity -whether they wanted to or not. Any leader can effectivly govern by instilling terror and fear into those he governs. Its not passion or charisma hitler had; it was a reign of terror and fear within his own country in order to accomplish his sick deluded plan to make germany the supreme global leader.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City man sentenced for stealing from employer (Apr '11) Mon Getbackhonkycat 3
------a question about height------ Feb 14 Dwarf Lover 6
News Police arrest 8 for fraud following Kennedy Fri... Feb 8 HA HA Man 2
News Blue and Gray Bar & Grill opens in Gettysburg (Apr '12) Feb 1 Steve Gratman 217
News PSP trooper charged with DUI, was Troop H spoke... Dec '16 bubba navy 3
News Organization calls male circumcision unnecessar... Oct '16 intactivist 1
Josh and Alexis Henry Sep '16 Cucked 1

Lewisberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisberry Mortgages