SU students cited for underage drinking

SU students cited for underage drinking

There are 21 comments on the Public Opinion story from Sep 12, 2010, titled SU students cited for underage drinking. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Seven Shippensburg University students were cited for underage drinking Friday night and early Saturday morning during a "minor" patrol on and around the college campus by troopers assigned to Pennsylvania State Police's bureau of liquor control enforcement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Greg Brady

Rochester, PA

#22 Sep 14, 2010
A Rational Person wrote:
<quoted text>I agree about the punishment. if the college would take some responsibility and expel these kids for a semester without refunding their money i think not only would the students stop but Mom & Dad would have something to say about it as well, since they are footing the bill. When I sent my kids to college i didn't' send them there to drink. Low grades or problems at school was cause for me to stop paying and they knew that. Bribery, maybe but then again is is my money not theirs.
Now is the law part of the problem here? I don't drink nor do i think it is a good thing but it is a legal thing. The problem comes when a person is 18 they can be held responsible for many things including dying for their country. It is stupid to say 18 year olds can do adult things except drink. that law is flawed. Either consider everyone to be a minor until they are 21 or fix the law.
Sorry, it should've been in response to the one posted above.
Boo hoo! I don't have anything to do. Boo Hoooooooo!! Woe is me. I don't want to volunteer time to the community in which I temporarily reside. There's nothing around to explore. Boo Hooooooooooo!!! My computer is my life because there's nothing to do. Facebook. MORE FACEBOOK for meeeeeeeeeeee!! Boooooooo Hooooooooo!! Someone find something for ME to do. I'm bored, so I drink. BOoooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo!!!! Get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
------a question about height------ (Jan '17) Aug 6 Craig 9
Business Fraud! Jul 27 Code library 4
News Cumberland County considers fighting blight wit... May '17 Jrh 1
News Tempers erupt, police called to Susquehanna Twp... (Nov '13) May '17 RealFrank 2
thiefs public warning (Feb '12) Apr '17 Milton 4
News City man sentenced for stealing from employer (Apr '11) Feb '17 Getbackhonkycat 3
News Police arrest 8 for fraud following Kennedy Fri... (Feb '17) Feb '17 HA HA Man 2

Lewisberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisberry Mortgages