State Rep. Perry called up, heading t...

State Rep. Perry called up, heading to Iraq

There are 10 comments on the York Dispatch story from Aug 25, 2008, titled State Rep. Perry called up, heading to Iraq. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

He's running for re-election and plans to get married on Sept. 13. And if that weren't enough, state Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

BEK

Scranton, PA

#1 Aug 25, 2008
Good, it's about time that one of these GOP guys who have been screaming for this stupid war goes over and serves. He's been collecting that paycheck from the Nat. Guard for years, it's about time he earned it.

I don't feel one bit sorry for him or his fiancee, many others have struggled in their personal lives due to Dubya and his stupid war. Let one of Bush's boys go over and see what war is all about, even though it is ending now.....

c3daddyo

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#2 Aug 25, 2008
BEK wrote:
Good, it's about time that one of these GOP guys who have been screaming for this stupid war goes over and serves. He's been collecting that paycheck from the Nat. Guard for years, it's about time he earned it.
I don't feel one bit sorry for him or his fiancee, many others have struggled in their personal lives due to Dubya and his stupid war. Let one of Bush's boys go over and see what war is all about, even though it is ending now.....
I totally agree with you on this one. I couldn't have said it better myself!
BEK is my hero

Pottstown, PA

#3 Aug 25, 2008
Sure that you faithfully served you country BEK, correct. Publish your DD-214 if you are so brave. Dems had the same false intelligence and voted for the war, same as Repbs. Oh, check out McCains sons military experience. God's speed Lt. Col. Perry. You and your troops be safe. Hurry home!
BEK

Scranton, PA

#4 Aug 25, 2008
BEK is my hero wrote:
Sure that you faithfully served you country BEK, correct. Publish your DD-214 if you are so brave. Dems had the same false intelligence and voted for the war, same as Repbs. Oh, check out McCains sons military experience. God's speed Lt. Col. Perry. You and your troops be safe. Hurry home!
I won't waste my time trying to convince a shill for the Republican party that the war has been just a personal agenda for Bush and a money making racket for Bush, Cheney and their cronies....
BEK

Scranton, PA

#5 Aug 25, 2008
How this country has treated it's vets is disgraceful- why would I go to war it knowing how the sick and injured have been treated? Especially by guys like Bush and Cheney who never served at all for anything.

Keep dreaming, my clueless friend.
BEK

Scranton, PA

#6 Aug 25, 2008
BEK is my hero wrote:
Dems gave Bush the benefit of the doubt- and Bush misused that trust. Same as he did to his daddy when he bankrupted the 4 companines that daddy gave him. He's a bigger disappointment than his brother Neil (remember the S&L scandal? And I don't mean "Saturday Night Live")
capitalist

New Oxford, PA

#8 Aug 26, 2008
Are all Americans buring their heads in the sand here? Do you honestly believe Saadam was not a threat. Seriously? Islamic extremists have but one goal in mind...to destroy America. How many of you would have been willing to set up house in Iraq and plant an American flag on your front door. Women...think the rape rooms were fun? We are called to fight that kind of evil wherever it exits. We have liberated a country from an evil dictator. And as long as we finish the job, the world will be a better place for it. Rep Perry has served before, and he is willing to serve again. I am proud of our President for having the courage to take on a dangerous enemy despite the limp wristed Americans walking around chanting "Peace and Love be with you." And I am equally proud of Rep. Perry and the troops for bravely fighting our enemy.

Which branch of the service did Obama serve in? or the Kennedys? or the Clintons? Oh, that's right, they didn't. Bush did. McCain did. Rep. Perry did!
BEK is my hero

Pottstown, PA

#9 Aug 26, 2008
You see BEK, George flew a jet fighter for the National Guard. Stupid George, BEK can't even compose an intelligent rebuttal, let attempt to fly a jet. You hide behind your refusal to serve because someone lied to you. Clueless! How ironic your statement is. My friends and I have been treated well by the VA. Some just expect a bit too much these days. Your rants are reminescent of Nam, when your buddy Lyndon made a few snafus.
You hide behind your computer so no one can see the yellow streak on your back. Lt. Col. Perry, stay the course. Watch yourself and your men. Thanks for your unflinching service to the greatest country in the world. Keep dreaming, my clueless BEK friend.
BEK

Scranton, PA

#10 Aug 26, 2008
capitalist wrote:
Are all Americans buring their heads in the sand here? Do you honestly believe Saadam was not a threat. Seriously? Islamic extremists have but one goal in mind...to destroy America. How many of you would have been willing to set up house in Iraq and plant an American flag on your front door. Women...think the rape rooms were fun? We are called to fight that kind of evil wherever it exits. We have liberated a country from an evil dictator. And as long as we finish the job, the world will be a better place for it. Rep Perry has served before, and he is willing to serve again. I am proud of our President for having the courage to take on a dangerous enemy despite the limp wristed Americans walking around chanting "Peace and Love be with you." And I am equally proud of Rep. Perry and the troops for bravely fighting our enemy.
Which branch of the service did Obama serve in? or the Kennedys? or the Clintons? Oh, that's right, they didn't. Bush did. McCain did. Rep. Perry did!
Just who is clueless here? FYI, Bush "served" in the National Guard, playing pilot. He didn't even show up half of the time. Bush served alright..... and it seems to me that I remember JFK serving in the Navy, rank of captain I believe.... the only reason Bush wanted to go to Iraq: 1) To avenge his daddy and 2)$$$$

Enough said. Wake up and use some common sense guys- the only threat that we should have been concerned with before any other was bringing Bin Laden's head back on a platter. Bush couldn't do that, just like his daddy couldn't clean up HIS mess in the 90's. Clinton did that and also paid down the debt 7 of 8 years while he was in office. Bush has single-handedly made the deficit larger than even Reagan did. Geez
BEK

Scranton, PA

#11 Aug 26, 2008
BEK is my hero wrote:
You see BEK, George flew a jet fighter for the National Guard. Stupid George, BEK can't even compose an intelligent rebuttal, let attempt to fly a jet. You hide behind your refusal to serve because someone lied to you. Clueless! How ironic your statement is. My friends and I have been treated well by the VA. Some just expect a bit too much these days. Your rants are reminescent of Nam, when your buddy Lyndon made a few snafus.
You hide behind your computer so no one can see the yellow streak on your back. Lt. Col. Perry, stay the course. Watch yourself and your men. Thanks for your unflinching service to the greatest country in the world. Keep dreaming, my clueless BEK friend.
Too bad that you didn't learn any grammar or spelling douchebag- do dig another ditch buddy, that's what you are best at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug 19 Dale Earnhard 1
test Jun '16 jeep 2
News Mechanicsburg man charged after hit-and-run Jun '16 Barry 1
jeep Jun '16 jeep 1
voteTrump May '16 der 7
News Windish or Slovenian? Another side of the story... (Jul '07) May '16 Tara Zrinski 33
Old Lemoyne video May '16 Cindyk 1

Lewisberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisberry Mortgages